• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xion86

Rod of Gravity is mine!! :D will be equipping it to Kefka.

Oh and thanks to those who have put Locke as their shared unit, making use of him to steal Litrocks when I can from the Demon vortex.

Lyrian

Farm TM and you are swimming in GIL. Later on you start to get so much shit that you sell and gain abour 30-40k per sell session. I have now 2516620 Gil...

Already there, to be honest. Looking at my records, I've earned just shy of 2 million gil and I've spent 1.5 million on crafting and cactaurs to date.

Oh good, I saw a number of people on here talking about how awful it was to grind and that's namely what I was speaking to. Not worth grinding when you find it terrible when the weapon is only that much of an increase.

My reaction upon seeing the recipe the first time was "nope, not going to do it", but for some reason I decided to try running it for one whole day and I was happy to see that I made a nice dent into the grind so I decided to just commit to running it until I was done. The Farplane Souls was the worst part of it and that's mostly because I was frustrated thinking about how many of the damn things I sold in the past.

LuuKyK

Lets start a petition for the Cactuar event to be a weekend mainstay. lol

Leveling up in this game is such a bore. zzzz

Oh yeah, never got a response the other day on the Crystal Event. Did those of you that did it last time find it worht doing to level up Espers? Or is it not worth the energy cost and you're better off farming Phantom Forest?

Lyrian

I think it also depends on the mindset of the person isn't it? I , Mean the only reason I want The Emperor (similar to how badly I wanted Ex-Death) is because I love the character. Okay they happen to be STUPID strong etc but its the drive for wanting the character.

Well, that's part of the carrot. No one is going to care if the 5* base character of the week is some fourth string red shirt who no one knows at all. These characters are always going to be among the best well known and popular.

Lightning (as a unit) in this thread is a great example of this. Oh boy when the FF7 Collab decides to finally be created and released. Most peoples' logic will go flying right out the window on that one, which would be exactly as designed by the developers.

Valus

Oh yeah, never got a response the other day on the Crystal Event. Did those of you that did it last time find it worht doing to level up Espers? Or is it not worth the energy cost and you're better off farming Phantom Forest?

The general consensus is if you have time, forest is still king. Event is only good if you don't have time to run forest.

Folstern

The forest gives you basically everything but Fire Megacrysts. No reason not to constantly farm it unless you want to speed up grinding one particular thing.

The general consensus is if you have time, forest is still king. Event is only good if you don't have time to run forest.

Quadrupling this statement.

Well, that's part of the carrot. No one is going to care if the 5* base character of the week is some fourth string red shirt who no one knows at all. These characters are always going to be among the best well known and popular.

Lightning (as a unit) in this thread is a great example of this. Oh boy when the FF7 Collab decides to finally be created and released. Most peoples' logic will go flying right out the window on that one, which would be exactly as designed by the developers.

NOBODY LIKES THE EMPEROR BUT ME THO, THIS IS MADNESS.

Yeah I cannot wait for the fabric of time and space to SPLIT when 8* Cloud and Sephiroth are announced.

I stepped out to try a forest run real quick, found three nodes but sadly only one of the three gave any green magicite. Still, I think I got at least three from it so if I can do that each time should add up. I should be able to unlock Awakening Vortex within the next 20 minutes or so at which point I'll be blowing my energy on that to get SC but I'll be back to the forest after I awaken WoL and Lenna. Thanks for the tip, guys!

As for pulling our favorite characters, although the series is beloved to me, only FFVIII will tug my heart chords. No doubt I'd really like to have Cloud and Sephiroth though. It's really going to come down to their builds though. You can only have 5 units in at a time so when all these units hit, who will be the best of the best and what will be the best balanced team? The one thing I tell myself to feel better about FFVIII taking forever to come out is that the later they hit, the stronger they will be :) Make Squall god tier!

scarlet

b1jSU0L.jpg

Wanted to try my main team strength. And successfuly beat Frost Dragon again in 1st try

It's way easier with Tank and Curaja.

1st turn

Cheer + fullbreak + barrage + imperil + firaga

2nd turn

Curaja + provoke + barrage + firaga + firaga

And repeat

No one died this time. And I found out that you can't cure confuse status with esuna.

So what's the thought process behind not having the more popular FF characters available?

I assume the strategy is to wait until numbers die down and then lure everyone back with their favorite characters. Numbers are good right now so no need to pull out the big guns.

Kettch

So what's the thought process behind not having the more popular FF characters available?

The fact that you can reroll.

If they started off with all the popular characters, people would just reroll for their favorite characters and not spend money. By starting with less popular characters they allow people to build up their accounts to a point where they don't want to start over, and instead need to spend money to get their favorites.

CCIE

Banned
Anyone having trouble running Nox in a VM here is a tip... Run multi-nox, then go into settings and run in DirectX mode. It is the only way I was able to get it to come up. But I'm working on setting up a macro to run at night for TM farming... finally

Anyone having trouble running Nox in a VM here is a tip... Run multi-nox, then go into settings and run in DirectX mode. It is the only way I was able to get it to come up. But I'm working on setting up a macro to run at night for TM farming... finally

Can Nox be used for iOS as well or just android?

CCIE

Banned
Just android. However, I won't run it if I'm anywhere close to ranking up so all my lapis stay on one account

Lenna maxed!! And Tellah enters the vortex. Dude has 40% TM already because of dupes

Falk

that puzzling face
That makes sense. I'd drop a stack for Balthier

Ha ha

"I'd drop an indeterminately sized stack for Balthier"
"I'd drop a stack fora chance at Balthier"

Take your pick.

(And watch someone in the thread pull him with their first 500 lapis D: )

Malakhov

Banned
Trying again, is it worth it to use your lapis for summoning new allies or you guys use them for something else?

Also, I have a 3 stars Lenna. It took her 7 levels to learn cure and now she's level 20 and has nothing else showing for it. My Fran 4 stars had cura at level 7. Am I missing something?

And I tried the experience vortex today, what the hell, my characters went from level 10 to 20 in a few runs. Is this always that easy to level up?

Thanks!

Valentus

You'll get Edea instead :D

We can have Rinoa 5 star, and her 6 star evolution will be ultimecia

......YES I STILL BELIEVE THAT.

Trying again, is it worth it to use your lapis for summoning new allies or you guys use them for something else?

Also, I have a 3 stars Lenna. It took her 7 levels to learn cure and now she's level 20 and has nothing else showing for it. My Fran 4 stars had cura at level 7. Am I missing something?

And I tried the experience vortex today, what the hell, my characters went from level 10 to 20 in a few runs. Is this always that easy to level up?

Thanks!

i had a lapi rage today and finished my 2 terras to get ultima. So yeah... im using lapis to boost my TM grinding. If the next banner had zidane, i will summon to get 9 zidanes (im not kidding). If not, the FF9 gang can go fuck themselves.

Ultemecia could be a base 25* and I'd spend all the money on EARTH to get her.
<3 Did we just become best friends?

Thanks!
Hold on to it because they are about to launch a summer event where you can buy a package with a summon ticket, magic key, phoenix down and something else for just 300 lapis. It's a ridiculously good deal and you'll only be able to buy one package per day for 8 days and then it's gone. Hoard until it hits! I think it's supposed to hit tomorrow, we shall see.

Lenna is the best healer in Global right now, she's awesome. You need to get her star rank up. The star rank limits what their max level is so in order to hit the current max level in global (80) you have to get her to 5 stars. She learns Cura in her 4* form along with Esuna and you'll get Curaja, Cheer, and I think Raise at 5*.

Like most RPGs, the higher the level the more experience it takes to level up but outside the special cactuar dune event that you just missed, that's the best way to level. I just learned the other day that if you take everyone out of the party but the people you want to level, they hog more of the experience (or all of it if you only use one unit) and the way you can handle that is by bringing a strong friend summon along for the ride. If you use someone from your friends list, they don't take up any of the experience so it's perfect.

i had a lapi rage today and finished my 2 terras to get ultima. So yeah... im using lapis to boost my TM grinding. If the next banner had zidane, i will summon to get 9 zidanes (im not kidding). If not, the FF9 gang can go fuck themselves.

lol all the FFVIII theories. All I know is Squall is the one mandatory player that will ever come out for me, I'd pray that Rinoa becomes either the best healer or an amazing utility character so she can be by his side (who am I kidding? I'd do it regardless) and Ultemecia replace ExDeath. Make her a beastly BM. Then you can make Zell be a strong physical character with barrage so I can finally fucking have that skill and....you know what? Make 5 FFVIII characters awesome so I can use an FFVIII party ;p

I have no intention of spending lapis on the IX banner but if you guys start reporting that Zidane is dropping like candy I'll do it for the TM. Congrats on Ultima! Are you Nomidor? It took forever to be able to add you but happy you're on my list now :) Going to swap ExDeath for WoL for everybody as soon as I awaken and insta-80 him.

scarlet

So, when can we try your Ultima?

Your Kefka must be so OP now :p

Edit: Can he use Ultima?

Valentus

<3 Did we just become best friends?

Hold on to it because they are about to launch a summer event where you can buy a package with a summon ticket, magic key, phoenix down and something else for just 300 lapis. It's a ridiculously good deal and you'll only be able to buy one package per day for 8 days and then it's gone. Hoard until it hits! I think it's supposed to hit tomorrow, we shall see.

Lenna is the best healer in Global right now, she's awesome. You need to get her star rank up. The star rank limits what their max level is so in order to hit the current max level in global (80) you have to get her to 5 stars. She learns Cura in her 4* form along with Esuna and you'll get Curaja, Cheer, and I think Raise at 5*.

Like most RPGs, the higher the level the more experience it takes to level up but outside the special cactuar dune event that you just missed, that's the best way to level. I just learned the other day that if you take everyone out of the party but the people you want to level, they hog more of the experience (or all of it if you only use one unit) and the way you can handle that is by bringing a strong friend summon along for the ride. If you use someone from your friends list, they don't take up any of the experience so it's perfect.

lol all the FFVIII theories. All I know is Squall is the one mandatory player that will ever come out for me, I'd pray that Rinoa becomes either the best healer or an amazing utility character so she can be by his side (who am I kidding? I'd do it regardless) and Ultemecia replace ExDeath. Make her a beastly BM. Then you can make Zell be a strong physical character with barrage so I can finally fucking have that skill and....you know what? Make 5 FFVIII characters awesome so I can use an FFVIII party ;p

I have no intention of spending lapis on the IX banner but if you guys start reporting that Zidane is dropping like candy I'll do it for the TM. Congrats on Ultima! Are you Nomidor? It took forever to be able to add you but happy you're on my list now :) Going to swap ExDeath for WoL for everybody as soon as I awaken and insta-80 him.

Thanks, i always try to delete inactive friends so i can add more gaf friends, but if someone active here isnt in my list and want to be added, i can make a spot, just have to ask.

So, when can we try your Ultima?

Your Kefka must be so OP now :p

Edit: Can he use Ultima?

I already have kefka as my leader with ultima equipped. You can try now.

NomarTyme

just used your Kefka. Nice Ultima!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom