• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eidjinn

Its a 10% chance to get a 0.1% % increase per mission run. Difficulty or length of mission has no effect upon the odds of getting the increase as far as we know.

So, does this mean that I just need to spam Earth Shrine over and over, until Tm is unlocked??

Also, how many Hero Rings are a good number? 10 (2 to each of your heroes?)?

I got my 80 demon hearts. I'm doing okay on the void vessels. Got 40 of them so not many to go...I won't use the event itself for getting the materials as I'll end up clogging an inventory slot with demon hearts I can't use on anything and don't want to sell.

You can do the events Beginner Vortex and you won't get any Demon Hearts from it. I used that to get the rest of my Farplane Souls since they drop there pretty regularly.

Valus

Gravity rod finally in the oven...man that grind sucked. Now I can finally put my efforts to...grinding sacred crystals 😑

Ugh...New content when?!

Gravity rod finally in the oven...man that grind sucked. Now I can finally put my efforts to...grinding sacred crystals 😑

Ugh...New content when?!

Same! Snagged my last hearts this morning

Im just going to let the souls build up naturally and move on to finishing the 3rd island and leveling my other good units

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Reading a bit up on Far things... a World map with 2 Energy has the best drop rate to energy cost. Col-S2 also drops.

Rixa

So, does this mean that I just need to spam Earth Shrine over and over, until Tm is unlocked??

Also, how many Hero Rings are a good number? 10 (2 to each of your heroes?)?

1. Yes, just remember to do daily quests (Earth Shrine Explo and BGN awaken Vortex which drops SCs sometimes).

2. I have 4, but I havent farmed stuff for Hero's Rings since June :p. Going to make atleast 4 more, maybe 6 with time.

You can do the events Beginner Vortex and you won't get any Demon Hearts from it. I used that to get the rest of my Farplane Souls since they drop there pretty regularly.
I just did 4 runs and got 1 :(

Got loads of litrock and spiritsand though. Now U can awaken Rain to 4*...I'd be saying if it were three months ago.

I then decided to Colosseum INT A-5 as I was told you can steal them there and I manage to steal Mytsic Ore and Golden Egg which according to exviuswiki.com are not on the steal table...last time I trust exviuswiki.com for anything.

Edit:
Reading a bit up on Far things... a World map with 2 Energy has the best drop rate to energy cost. Col-S2 also drops.
Looks like I'll be running the encounter limit on Latius Woods/Exploration then.

If only you could steal Sacred Hearts from...anywhere. Would be nice in the coliseum since that thing is pointless after you clear Frost Dragon until ADV comes out. Did ADV come out in Japan yet? I was thinking about what I'd do once I clear INT and I guess the best thing to do is probably the A levels for X Potions.

I just did 4 runs and got 1 :(

Got loads of litrock and spiritsand though. Now U can awaken Rain to 4*...I'd be saying if it were three months ago.

It can definitely be streaky. I've had a bunch of runs in a row with zero souls and then I'll have runs getting 2 or 3 each time. It seemed to average out to about 1 per run. There probably are better ways to do it though.

CCIE

Banned
Looks like I have to spend $20 more just to have the lapis for the sale... Damnit, I KNEW I shouldn't have pulled for Lenna. Still, she's pretty damned awesome. I've got her at L75 and climbing. Hopefully max today, and I can begin the 5* Tellah grind. Then the 5* Bartz grind... etc.

Dreavus

Only a few more hearts then I can do another dungeon. If the next event is anything like this (mediocre-at-best weapon for a shit load of materials) I am definitely skipping it.

It hurt having the cactaurs in the middle too. I now have new units I want to work on awakening but NOPE I'd better finish what I started with this gravity rod, lol.

I spend a fair a bit amount of time either commuting or waiting (contract work, mostly international clients, timezones often wack) and I can really only manage 3 at once. No more than 1 in the initial 'oh god game just started and you have unlimited stamina and there's so much to do' phase.

FFRK has been on maintenance mode for a while - that game really barely takes time (although orbfest is tomorrow help me Lord)

Granblue I'm pretty deep in, but the beauty of that game is you'll -never- catch up to the forefront so you can just put it down and pick it up and not feel pressured ever. Dropped it for a month and some change earlier in the year due to crunch

KHUX not too invested

Exvius not too invested

Mobius is hooking me. If I decide to go for it I'm 100% going to have to drop either of the previous.

Bunch of others I picked up but never really lasted more than a couple of weeks. I have a very invested personal curiosity about how this business model evolves over the years since it's really an evolution from prior computer MMOs and its ilk, so I try to keep abreast of the most popular trends.

The funny part about it all is as work picked up, my mobile gaming actually likewise picked up, since it's great for short intermittent sessions, something that stuff like XCOM or JRPG proper doesn't really afford for an optimal experience.

Outside of Steven's Sausage Roll I legitimately haven't actually played any console or Steam game since late March. These past few months have been quite literally hell w.r.t. work.

Thanks, that's interesting to hear! I figured 3~ would be most people's limit, since after that burning through stamina on them all turns into hours.

It's been interesting seeing how each of the games in this genre put their own spin on things. Exvius feels pretty "traditional" in how you pull for characters, while something like Relic Keeper lets you use whoever you want, but they tie the powerful abilities to equipment instead (which I appreciated given how much of a nostalgia trip that game is). Then Mobius is kind of doing it's own thing with the job system, only one party member, etc.

CCIE

Banned
I have so many base 5* units now, but I actually went through all my sacred crystals. I have three left of the 60 plus I had saved up...

Only a few more hearts then I can do another dungeon. If the next event is anything like this (mediocre-at-best weapon for a shit load of materials) I am definitely skipping it.

I believe it was Shouta that said that the JP version only had 1 or so of these styles of events and then it switched over to farming currency. It will still be a grind no doubt, but at least we won't be stuck wasting energy trying to get certain drops. As for reward quality, I think the Loto Sword in the Dragon Quest event was the first REALLY good reward. Hopefully Global will be the same.

Valentus

So, JP server has being all trasparent now and will put visible % rates of pulls in-game, wow.

Fact is, in a 5k lapi pull (11 summons), in JP server, you actually have 95% chance that the 11th pull could be a yellow crystal, and 5% that could be a rainbow crystal. That means that the chance of getting a featured 5star unit (according to reddit) is like 0,5%

ZERO POINT FIVE PERCENT.

So, you are saving like what... 30 tickets to get lightning? ROFL

TM is your light, your friend and your guidance my friends.

CCIE

Banned
Yeah, I'm not spending lapis trying to pull a single 5* base character. I have my sights on the 3* and 4* that expand to 6* down the road

I'm not sure why any of you guys grinded for the meh rod. I happily skipped this event and I'm glad it wasn't something worthwhile because we had the cactuar event at the same time and there were a couple really worthwhile banner units to pull which require leveling and awakening.

While waiting for my exp vortex to expire so I can use the Awakening one, finally got around to getting Shiva which also gave me another 100 lapis. Now I have all of them thus far, put off shiva and golem for too long. Trying to hoard up enough lapis to get all the summer deal days. If I can get Colisseum A1 cleared in time, that will be another 500 lapis and I should be able to hit that before the summer event ends since I have like 300 pts of B4 left. Must get to 2700! ;p Too bad I'm out of story missions to do. Only other way to get lapis without spending money (and besides the 50 for daily) is ranking up, right? Which I can't even do because I need Awakening materials something fierce.

Actually, I have a few more hours to burn before I can open the Awakening vortex, where's the best spot to get rank points if I don't have 2* esper fights unlocked? Or maybe I'll do Phantom Forest to grind magicites to level my espers up...

I'm not sure why any of you guys grinded for the meh rod. I happily skipped this event and I'm glad it wasn't something worthwhile because we had the cactuar event at the same time and there were a couple really worthwhile banner units to pull which require leveling and awakening.

It was something else to grind towards besides Rank and esper levels that I was grinding before the event started. The grind wasn't all that bad to make one rod either. Was done farming my hearts on that Thursday night/Friday morning before the Cactuar event as well. Probably was more grinding than the reward is worth, but it wasn't terrible.

Lyrian

Run Dalnakya Cavern exploration for 4 energy.

Literally every encounter contains a goblin that could award a farplane soul on steal and can drop a soul from the chest it drops.

Bonus points for the boss fight literally being five goblins.

Lapping that dungeon made farming souls a cakewalk, despite a few RNG-grumbling runs.

Wait, what sale?

So, JP server has being all trasparent now and will put visible % rates of pulls in-game, wow.

Fact is, in a 5k lapi pull (11 summons), in JP server, you actually have 95% chance that the 11th pull could be a yellow crystal, and 5% that could be a rainbow crystal. That means that the chance of getting a featured 5star unit (according to reddit) is like 0,5%

ZERO POINT FIVE PERCENT.

So I'll get The Emperor after what, 100 pulls?

OKSOUNDSGOOD

ahgsdhjasdhjkgsajhldlsaikhdasdas

Lyrian

Important note: the Summer Bundle is 8 daily chests, not 9. The event is the 11th through the 18th (not the 19th). Note that the only reason why the 19th is listed is because of Daylight Saving Time (ends at 1 AM on the 19th). Players only need to stock 2400 lapis, not 2700.

Also, why is everyone so salty about the published draw rates? I would fathom from most here that this is not their first gacha game. Why is this information so surprising? Every gacha game in existence has draw rates this bad. That's how they make their money.

Is somehow this released information suddenly hitting home about Lightning's draw rate that many in this thread already stated was horrifically bad had many continually spinning around and disbelieving for entire existence of the game on Global (and now that bubble has burst)?

Slaythe

Important note: the Summer Bundle is 8 daily chests, not 9. The event is the 11th through the 18th (not the 19th). Note that the only reason why the 19th is listed is because of Daylight Saving Time (ends at 1 AM on the 19th). Players only need to stock 2400 lapis, not 2700.

Also, why is everyone so salty about the published draw rates? I would fathom from most here that this is not their first gacha game. Why is this information so surprising? Every gacha game in existence has draw rates this bad. That's how they make their money.

Is somehow this released information suddenly hitting home about Lightning's draw rate that many in this thread already stated was horrifically bad had many continually spinning around and disbelieving for entire existence of the game on Global (and now that bubble has burst)?

That's good timing I'm at literally 2200 lmao. I'll get 2400 with dailies easy !

NomarTyme

Damn. Oh well better that no summer bundle. I really hope they start with the 250 lapis daily deal.

Kouriozan

Personally, I just completed everything this game had to offer, trials/colosseum included, got 8 Hero's Rings and the best items available for my units, so I really didn't have anything else to do.
Burned all my tickets and lapis for Chizuru last month so I skipped Locke and WoL banners.

Lyrian

Thanks, that's interesting to hear! I figured 3~ would be most people's limit, since after that burning through stamina on them all turns into hours.

3 apparently is my absolute limit (and probably not long term sustainable), and that's with 1 (PAD) being in essentially maintenance mode. There's simply too much going on between various games to keep up with all of it, especially as each game invents new ways to keep the player invested in their game and not their competitors.

CCIE

Banned
I didn't want to spend anymore, but have to get enough lapis to pay for the bundles - all items I can use. And I will be careful about spending them all again because of this.

And I easily believe the 20%. I've gotten a lot of four-star garbage

Pejo

ZERO POINT FIVE PERCENT.

I just looked up the list of characters on the Reddit wiki and the ones that start at 5* specifically. Man that's a bummer. Almost every unit that I want down the line, that I don't already have, are 5* bases. Randi, Ace, Luneth, Tidus, Gilgamesh, M. Fina, Rem - All 5* base. It's really not even worth pulling for them on banners unless they only appear in the pool during those banners, with those rates. Randi especially is a bummer because I'm fairly sure he's only available during the Secret of Mana event.

Locke(s) are definitely helping with this sacred crystal grind. I've only been grinding since this morning and I already have 22/64 that I needed. A few runs I got 3 crystals per run of INT vortex. I only wish I wouldn't have combined my 3 Lockes into one unit now.

Lyrian

I just looked up the list of characters on the Reddit wiki and the ones that start at 5* specifically. Man that's a bummer. Almost every unit that I want down the line, that I don't already have, are 5* bases. Randi, Ace, Luneth, Tidus, Gilgamesh, M. Fina, Rem - All 5* base. It's really not even worth pulling for them on banners unless they only appear in the pool during those banners, with those rates. Randi especially is a bummer because I'm fairly sure he's only available during the Secret of Mana event.

That's the point of being 5* base?

The 5* base units have to be the most desirable. Otherwise, who would accept rolling at 1 in 200 rates for them? For people to be able to accept these odds, they have to understand that rolling even one of these 5* base units is going to be game changing for them. That is the carrot on the stick that is being constantly chased.

The allure of ultimate power without investing the effort to achieve that power (after all, why grind dual wield TMs for example when a 5* base unit gets that skill innately) is quite addicting and is what makes these games thrive.

Pejo

The 5* base units have to be the most desirable. Otherwise, who would accept rolling at 1 in 200 rates for them? For people to be able to accept these odds, they have to understand that rolling even one of these 5* base units is going to be game changing for them. That is the carrot on the stick that is being constantly chased.

The allure of ultimate power without investing the effort to achieve that power (after all, why grind dual wield TMs for example when a 5* base unit gets that skill innately) is quite addicting and is what makes these games thrive.

Oh no I totally get it, I was just bummed to find out that the characters I liked (independent of their skillsets) were all 5* base. I just enjoy their designs or like them from past games. Then they go and become all ultra useful or strong. I'd still want those characters if they were Shadow tier.

Admittedly, M Fina I just wanted for that skillset, she's insane.

I think it also depends on the mindset of the person isn't it? I , Mean the only reason I want The Emperor (similar to how badly I wanted Ex-Death) is because I love the character. Okay they happen to be STUPID strong etc but its the drive for wanting the character.

Azuran

Banned
I assure you heads will roll if Prishe is a 5* base unit.

Thankfully the majority of F fans never played XI so I'm safe.

The final available exploration map is best for rank up, tied with 2* espers.
The Reef? or the Dungeon? Assuming you mean the Dungeon because I think it's explorable and it's the last location.
It was something else to grind towards besides Rank and esper levels that I was grinding before the event started. The grind wasn't all that bad to make one rod either. Was done farming my hearts on that Thursday night/Friday morning before the Cactuar event as well. Probably was more grinding than the reward is worth, but it wasn't terrible.
Oh good, I saw a number of people on here talking about how awful it was to grind and that's namely what I was speaking to. Not worth grinding when you find it terrible when the weapon is only that much of an increase.
Personally, I just completed everything this game had to offer, trials/colosseum included, got 8 Hero's Rings and the best items available for my units, so I really didn't have anything else to do.
Burned all my tickets and lapis for Chizuru last month so I skipped Locke and WoL banners.
People that have done all the things don't count ;p
I need these 6* to happen already, Hero Rings are useless on Bartz at 5* >.<!!!
Seriously, when will 6* hit Global? Although the bummer is it will be by character rather than all around. At least our ExDeath's are early on that list. He and WoL are the only units in my "Dream Team" that have 6* in Japan so far. I take some comfort in knowing it's inevitable that Kefka and Vaan get it eventually.
Locke(s) are definitely helping with this sacred crystal grind. I've only been grinding since this morning and I already have 22/64 that I needed. A few runs I got 3 crystals per run of INT vortex. I only wish I wouldn't have combined my 3 Lockes into one unit now.

If I bring a friend's Locke, will that up my rate? Is it a passive thing? Or a skill of his I'd need to use in battle? Too bad I only have one or two friends making him available but I'll milk that one or two if I can!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom