• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
5 more hearts to go. Then 11 more Voids. Just going to run an emulator tomorrow and charge the 2 Energy stage with goblins for the Sphere.

Might as well post my ID as well again too. Have a few more spots open if anyone wants to add me. I should have most everyone here, but I don't have you Valentus, so send me a request if you have space.

Rudeboy
950 590 448

Sharing a Garland right now, but I'll be switching it over to my Kefka tomorrow morning when my gravity rod is done crafting.

Lyrian

Guess I'll throw mine out there, although I'm pretty sure I have most of you on my friends list already.

826 124 838

Maxed out Artemios up currently, impatiently waiting for that overdue third trial.

NomarTyme

Guess I'll throw mine out there, although I'm pretty sure I have most of you on my friends list already.

826 124 838

Maxed out Artemios up currently, impatiently waiting for that overdue third trial.

Yeah just used your Artemios. Surprisingly high attack points, and I am also waiting for the 3rd trial.

I WANNA BELIEVE

LISTENNNNN

w8i6ho2.gif

Great show too.

Pred01.png

wilstreak

Wanted WoL. Did a pull. Got 3 star Bartz. I guess he's really good???

he is definitely a top tier character, but it depends on your other character.
WoL is a tank with Full break and Bartz is a damage dealer.

Tried to pull WoL last week and got Bartz too. Not too satisfied (since i already got 2 damage dealer) but still better than nothing. I think he will be part of your main team (if you don't have COD or chizuru).

Oh god, now I cannot even wait for Ultimecia/Edea/WHATEVER to be announced ; ;

you will got Matron instead. Base 3*, max 4*. lol

btw i though that FF VIII is not that popular, so why SE decide to release them so late together with hugely popular FF VII.
Or maybe they think that FF VIII is a failure that no one care at this point.

btw i though that FF VIII is not that popular, so why SE decide to release them so late together with hugely popular FF VII.

LISTEN

Wanted WoL. Did a pull. Got 3 star Bartz. I guess he's really good???

Bartz is a good 5* and KILLER 6*, good for the future!

Errr what? It's one of the most popular iterations, easily. It gets a lot of hate thrown its way too because of the draw system controversy and some gamers hate the Orphanage twist but the reality is that the only iterations more popular are VII and possibly VI. Or are you trolling? ;)

wilstreak

Errr what? It's one of the most popular iterations, easily. It gets a lot of hate thrown its way too because of the draw system controversy and some gamers hate the Orphanage twist but the reality is that the only iterations more popular are VII and possibly VI. Or are you trolling? ;)

it is definitely my favorite FF.
But between the number of hate and it being the only FF in pre-PS2 era not available in smartphone makes me believe that it is not that popular.
SE loves easy money, why they left out FF 8 then.

But between the number of hate and it being the only FF in PS era not available in smartphone makes me believe that it is not that popular.

In the era of Lightning-sama and Noctis-kun, people cannot appreciate the amazingness that is/was FFVIII :p

Malakhov

Banned
Hold on to it because they are about to launch a summer event where you can buy a package with a summon ticket, magic key, phoenix down and something else for just 300 lapis. It's a ridiculously good deal and you'll only be able to buy one package per day for 8 days and then it's gone. Hoard until it hits! I think it's supposed to hit tomorrow, we shall see.

Thanks, I will keep them, that's a great deal.

Lenna is the best healer in Global right now, she's awesome. You need to get her star rank up. The star rank limits what their max level is so in order to hit the current max level in global (80) you have to get her to 5 stars. She learns Cura in her 4* form along with Esuna and you'll get Curaja, Cheer, and I think Raise at 5*.

While I get her to 4 stars (dont have the materials to do it yet), should I still use her or would I be better using Fran since she already has cura and can also dish some dmg?

Wohoo! WoL is maxed out :D DAT HP and Defense! Attack being 340 with one accessory being a powerwrist ain't too shabby too considering he's a tank. Need to get around to snagging 3 more iron pieces to make another hyperwrist. Made him my shared character so to those of you on my friends list, have fun with the new shiny tank.

But between the number of hate and it being the only FF in pre-PS2 era not available in smartphone makes me believe that it is not that popular.
I had a pretty long response typed up but it really would have derailed this thread haha I'll just say VI has only made around 60 mil more despite having many more iterations and re-releases and the only other two non-mmo entries to outsell it are VII and X, both of which have more iterations and re-releases/ports too. Not that any entry would compete with those two anyway as they were the first entries for their respective systems with VII being the first FF for many within a generation plus the first 3D and larger scope FF and X was the first entry for the next generation of FF gamers and really stood out amongst what was available on the PS2 at the time, especially with its graphics. The PS2 was the most successful console so...yeah, a lot of sales.
Thanks, I will keep them, that's a great deal.

While I get her to 4 stars (dont have the materials to do it yet), should I still use her or would I be better using Fran since she already has cura and can also dish some dmg?

Stick with Fran until Lenna gets Cura. I personally have her at max 4* but still have Fina in because of Cheer. Once I get Lenna leveled at the 5* range, Fina is gone. I might even put Lenna in before learning Cheer once she has Curaja.

Slaythe

They have to build a mobile version from scratch.

They did ff7 for its anniversary.

Ff9 is different because it had 0 port anywhere. They were able to release it on steam. Ff8 is already on consoles and on PC.

broz0rs

This is why Barrage is far away above all other current physical abilities. This is why Full Break is essential. This is why Dual Wield has virtually no other peer in usefulness. They tower over all other alternatives as the underlying game mechanics don't have enough interlocking systems to balance out the opportunity cost. (It doesn't really help that resource is generally lumped into "MP", really)

(snipped)

This is currently end /thread imo

Had the same realization the other day when I took my 500 atk, TM mastered Chizuru friend for a walk in the ADV demon dungeon and basically took just two turns of 8 hit barrage to kill it. If I didn't have her, I'd normally spend three times as long to kill it.

Made me realize what's the point of all the other stuff in the game? All the magic, abilities, Espers are just so pitiful compared to what I see from Chizuru.

Malakhov

Banned
Stick with Fran until Lenna gets Cura. I personally have her at max 4* but still have Fina in because of Cheer. Once I get Lenna leveled at the 5* range, Fina is gone. I might even put Lenna in before learning Cheer once she has Curaja.

Will do, thanks.

Will do, thanks.

No problem. Just create a second group for leveling, put Lenna in that group and take it into ADV Experience Vortex to level her up without having to use her for more challenging content in the meantime. If you have some overpowered friends on your friends list, you could take her in all by herself and have them kill everything and she'll get the 30k xp all to herself and level very quickly. Even if you add one more unit in for those battles, she'll still get around 15K and level quickly.

Malakhov

Banned
No problem. Just create a second group for leveling, put Lenna in that group and take it into ADV Experience Vortex to level her up without having to use her for more challenging content in the meantime. If you have some overpowered friends on your friends list, you could take her in all by herself and have them kill everything and she'll get the 30k xp all to herself and level very quickly. Even if you add one more unit in for those battles, she'll still get around 15K and level quickly.

Thanks again, appreciate the advice. The thing right now that is holding me back is energy, always running out of it quickly.

chrono01

Summer Bundle is up!

300 Lapis for:

- 1x Rare Summon Ticket
- 1x Magic Key
- 1x Elixir
- 1x Phoenix Down
- 5x Magicite (it varies on the day, today it's green)

Go get it! It resets each day, so you can buy more than one (until the promotion ends).

Maledict

Am I reading the Facebook likes message correctly? We're going to get 30 energy and 100 lapis a day for more than half a month? That seems well timed!

scarlet

Am I reading the Facebook likes message correctly? We're going to get 30 energy and 100 lapis a day for more than half a month? That seems well timed!

3k lapis

Yaaas. I Still need to buy lapis for the summer bundle tho

edit: Thought it was full month, around 2k then -_-"

The 100 lapis a day does help soften the blow of the fact that I spent like 1500 of the damn things on the banner earlier this week and with this summer bundle I could have saved myself some buck. On the bright side though I did get Lenna and the wizard so I can't complain too much.

bonkeng

Important note: the Summer Bundle is 8 daily chests, not 9. The event is the 11th through the 18th (not the 19th). Note that the only reason why the 19th is listed is because of Daylight Saving Time (ends at 1 AM on the 19th). Players only need to stock 2400 lapis, not 2700.

Nope. It's listed as 8/11 00:00 to 8/19 23:59

So 9 days = 2700 Lapis is correct.

Dreavus

3000k lapis

Yaaas. I Still need to buy lapis for the summer bundle tho

I might throw them a few bucks too so I can hit all the bundles. I hilariously bought the 11 ticket bundle for Lenna and got her on the first pull. Only 1100 was left.

I still have Golem to do and I can try to aggressively progress in the Colosseum but I'll probably still be a bit short.

scarlet

I might throw them a few bucks too so I can hit all the bundles. I hilariously bought the 11 ticket bundle for Lenna and got her on the first pull. Only 1100 was left.

I still have Golem to do and I can try to aggressively progress in the Colosseum but I'll probably still be a bit short.

1100? After the 1st bundle? Then you don't need to buy any lapis to get the summer bundle.

100 + 50 (daily) and another 100 lapis on 14th and 50 on 18th. You're fine if you only use it for the bundle and nothing else

I only have 700 after the bundle and daily quest, and I only need to buy 350 lapis to get all the bundle.

edit:

Mine 700 after 1st bundle + 800 daily + 400 quest + 150 = 2050/2400

You 1100 (I assumed after 1st bundle) + 800 + 400 + 150 = 2450/2400

Dreavus

1100? After the 1st bundle? Then you don't need to buy any lapis to get the summer bundle.

100 + 50 (daily) and another 100 lapis on 14th and 50 on 18th. You're fine if you only use it for the bundle and nothing else

I only have 700 after the bundle and daily quest, and I only need to buy 350 lapis to get all the bundle.

Damn, that was before buying today's! Sitting at 825 after buying that first bundle. I'm in a similar situation to yourself, lol.

scarlet

Damn, that was before buying today's! Sitting at 825 after buying that first bundle. I'm in a similar situation to yourself, lol.

Then

825 + 50 (today's quest) + 800 + 400 + 150 = 2225/2400

Only need 150-200

edit: The smallest one is 120 lapis, so we need buy the 2nd cheapest bag of lapis lol

edit 2: And you can get another 100 from levelling your rank

Dreavus

Then

825 + 50 (today's quest) + 800 + 400 + 150 = 2225/2400

Only need 150-200 lol

Hahah, oh well.

I guess they win this round if I can't make up the last little bit from other things.

FAKE EDIT: I just looked up Colosseum rewards, Beginner S1 gives you 500 lapis? Jesus I have been neglecting that quite a bit.

scarlet

Hahah, oh well.

I guess they win this round if I can't make up the last little bit from other things.

FAKE EDIT: I just looked up Colosseum rewards, Beginner S1 gives you 500 lapis? Jesus I have been neglecting that quite a bit.

The 1st one always give you lapis, and now you don't need to buy anything hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom