• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Just bought first bundle. Use ticket.

Russel. -_-

Also got my 80th heart. Need to farm another 50 Souls and Cysts. So just going to run the 2 Energy one while TM farming,

Celegus

Bundle still crashes the game, but I got my stuff. Already had 9k lapis because I'm a hoarder so I'm good, but the extra 100 every day will be great!

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Summer Bundle + Facebook rewards = Cant complain

Edit:

Is Phantom Forest still the best spot if i wanna level an Esper ? In this case specific Ramuh ?

Rixa

Summer Bundle + Facebook rewards = Cant complain

Edit:

Is Phantom Forest still the best spot if i wanna level an Esper ? In this case specific Ramuh ?

Yes, do weekend Crystal Vortex only if you dont have time to run PFE. You get unit exp + decent rank exp (8nrg / 172 exp) from PFE vs adv vortex (15nrg / 80? exp).

My party is Bartz 3*, Kuja 5*, Lasswell 4*, Celes 5* and Roselia 5*. I don't have Chizuru or CoD. I was using Rain until I got Bartz.
My available units are:

Rain
Galuf
Shantotto
Fran
Edward
Cyan
Shadow
Krile
Paul
Anastasis
Penelo (lol)
Shiki
Maria
Rydia
Luna
Bedlie
Paula
Carrie
Russell

Any substitutions or is my party is good? Will definitely focus on getting Bartz to 5 star asap.

Kouriozan

I see the FFRK reddit community constantly sh*tting on Brave Exvius, I wonder why?
Can't be about gacha rates, or they are quick to forget the FF Tactics event controversy where they kept complaining about it for weeks x)

Oh and I totally expect the same thing to happen to the Brave Exvius subreddit once Lightning hit, RNG is RNG, Gacha games aren't for people who get angry not getting what they want.

Sorry, small rant, I play all 3 FF Gacha and I see people forcing themselves to hate the ones they don't play >.<

scarlet

My party is Bartz 3*, Kuja 5*, Lasswell 4*, Celes 5* and Roselia 5*. I don't have Chizuru or CoD. I was using Rain until I got Bartz.
My available units are:

Rain
Galuf
Shantotto
Fran
Edward
Cyan
Shadow
Krile
Paul
Anastasis
Penelo (lol)
Shiki
Maria
Rydia
Luna
Bedlie
Paula
Carrie
Russell

Any substitutions or is my party is good? Will definitely focus on getting Bartz to 5 star asap.

No Fina? I'd replace Celes/Roselia with Fina. You only have 1 mage. Better to use Fina's cheer than Celes's focus.

Rixa

My available units are:

Paul
Anastasis

Shiki

Paula
Carrie

Youre good to go, you can add Fina instead Celes / Roselia if you want or you can go without Fina.. Paul, Anastasis, Shiki, Paula, Carrie are FP units, if your not saving them for TM, you should get rid of them, they just take inventory space.

No Fina? I'd replace Celes/Roselia with Fina. You only have 1 mage. Better to use Fina's cheer than Celes's focus.

Youre good to go, you can add Fina instead Celes / Roselia if you want or you can go without Fina.. Paul, Anastasis, Shiki, Paula, Carrie are FP units, if your not saving them for TM, you should get rid of them, they just take inventory space.
I got a 2* Fina. I never used her once.

Ok, I fused those units away for Trust Mastery.

Lyrian

Nope. It's listed as 8/11 00:00 to 8/19 23:59

So 9 days = 2700 Lapis is correct.

Indeed.

The original announcement for JP had the event lasting for 8 days there. On Global, the event will last for 9 days.

So, yes, 2700 (not 2400) is the correct number of lapis needed for all of the bundles.

Interestingly, with the Facebook campaign rewards, the net cost of all the bundles is only 600. Even less than that, if you factor in the daily August lapis login rewards claimed during that time.

Valentus

since tomorrow to 9/1 we will get 100 lapi and 30 energy daily due to 100k facebook friend celebration.

That means since tomorrow the ticket bundle will only cost us 200 lapi to purchase (since 100 of them will be gumi present)

nice gumi for once.

Kouriozan

since tomorrow to 9/1 we will get 100 lapi and 30 energy daily due to 100k facebook friend celebration.

More blood lapis for the Goddess Lightning
It's actually great, I should be able to reach 5k lapis quickly again after buying all summer bundles.

I see the FFRK reddit community constantly sh*tting on Brave Exvius, I wonder why?
Can't be about gacha rates, or they are quick to forget the FF Tactics event controversy where they kept complaining about it for weeks x)

Oh and I totally expect the same thing to happen to the Brave Exvius subreddit once Lightning hit, RNG is RNG, Gacha games aren't for people who get angry not getting what they want.

Sorry, small rant, I play all 3 FF Gacha and I see people forcing themselves to hate the ones they don't play >.<

Yeah its actually kind of strange. There are people who seemingly HATE anything to do with Exvius; specifically FFRK players lol

bonkeng

Indeed.

The original announcement for JP had the event lasting for 8 days there. On Global, the event will last for 9 days.

So, yes, 2700 (not 2400) is the correct number of lapis needed for all of the bundles.

Interestingly, with the Facebook campaign rewards, the net cost of all the bundles is only 600. Even less than that, if you factor in the daily August lapis login rewards claimed during that time.

And this is actually much better than the July Daily Log-in Rewards with 4 summon tix.

Great come back from Gumi i guess.

Xion86

Summer bundle bought! This is going to be fun :) the Facebook reward is good too.

Hmm quite a few people are looking at using Macros on PC it seems :( I feel as if I need to or I'll be behind / miss out on certain progress. To be honest I just want to play the game as it is each day without having to l leave machines on overnight running scripts.

NomarTyme

Summer bundle bought! This is going to be fun :) the Facebook reward is good too.

Hmm quite a few people are looking at using Macros on PC it seems :( I feel as if I need to or I'll be behind / miss out on certain progress. To be honest I just want to play the game as it is each day without having to l leave machines on overnight running scripts.
You not missing anything unless you want over power trust mastery early on.

Yup good times ahead.

Trying to decide if i want to burn a few tickets to chase WoL lol

Not sure if im even going to pull during the FF9 banner or not

CCIE

Banned
Might wonder if these giveaways are why the dailies for the month are so subpar. I will only have to spend about $10, instead of $20 now, and only because that is the better bang for my buck than the lower bundle. After this morning I have 500 lapis after buying my first bundle.

The Nox macro worked pretty well last night... a few kinks. I ran out of Material spots after awhile, but now I know how to manage that. I have multiple stacks of Litrock, Mythril Ore, Spriritsand, Talmonite, etc... I'm thinking I will sell off the extra stacks as it seems pretty easy to get the units to 5*, except for Sacred and Holy crystals. Then I shouldn't run into the same Materials issue while running script overnight. I gained 1.5 - 2.0% TMR on my trust team on my test run, which stopped early because of the materials issue. Definitely going to be a LONG process.

Today is all about the ADV Vortex and leveling up Tellah... Dude is at L50 and climbing. I'm also going to save all of my energy vials, including the ones given away in the next two weeks for the next big event or cactuars, whichever comes first - I simply have to use the first one by the 6th of September... I have quite a few 5* units to max, and will be spending all available time in the Vortex to do so after finishing daily requirements. After Tellah, need to max out Bartz and Kuja. Also need to raise Bartz #2 and Rain to 5* status when time permits. So no capability to max Espers at this time, but I think grinding TMR may be more important.

And apparently maintenance tonight, so the script won't get a lot of play... Did NOT spend my ticket yet - waiting on a quality banner since I already have Lenna and Tellah, and WoL just doesn't like me ;(

CCIE

Banned
Xion - you don't need to run a macro. Me, I wanted to see if I could do it since I'm extremely technically inclined (though it was even easier than that). And see if the benefit is worth it. I'm not really sure to be honest. I just wanted something to run for awhile in the evening or when I'm busy with work or family, and can't run the NRG that is accumulating

Sense of accomplishment and all that jazz

Rootbeer

Banned
Friend list culling complete! Some people already haven't signed in for a whole month, geeze!

Please add me if you are a regular player.

ID 210,807,551 (Currently sharing 5* Exdeath almost max level, also working on a CoD, Cecil, Kefka and a few others)

Lyrian

game crashes as soon as i bought the summer bundle, how did this get through testing jesus

It shouldn't because then we can argue for extra compensation!

But seriously, how does something as basic as this not get tested before being pushed to the production server?

Falk

that puzzling face
Yeah its actually kind of strange. There are people who seemingly HATE anything to do with Exvius; specifically FFRK players lol

To be fair, the gacha rates for Exvius *are* terrible. I don't think the two are directly comparable anyway, since FFRK was a very strict adhesion to what JP had right up to the FFT gaffe, while Brave Exvius started off on a different footing altogether even in soft-launch state. (Similar to KHUX running on its own heavily modified schedule)

And yes, while it's a legitimate complaint that the game balance is (far) more gacha-reliant, I think it's a little silly to be the only thing to latch on to.

Pejo

yolo'd my ticket hoping for a Lenna

2nd WoL. Dammit.

agLIv5l.jpg

Anyways, after 2 days of Locke farming INT Awakening vortex, I got 52 sacred crystals. Huge difference than previous farming. If i get super lucky, I might even be done before the vortex reset later tonight.

Falk, what would good gacha rates be? Many end game units are available in 3 or 4* forms, which seem to drop with regularity. The only rates that I see as objectively terrible are 5*.

Anyways, after 2 days of Locke farming INT Awakening vortex, I got 52 sacred crystals. Huge difference than previous farming. If i get super lucky, I might even be done before the vortex reset later tonight.

Yeah Locke is weird

Clearly his effects are different in Global than in JP so we really dont have reliable data on just how good treasure hunter is

Maybe its a placebo but I feel like ive been far more lucky with him than without him and I was able to complete Demons Unleashed 80 hearts on INT with him so there is that :/

CCIE

Banned
Locke, Zidane, Mages, Physical units are my biggest uses on FL, in that order - especially when HR farming. When ADV Vortex, mages all the way. Locke definitely affects farming, especially for Megacrysts and Sacred Crystals. So after Tellah, who should I work on leveling? Kuja, Firion, or Bartz (all currently base 5*) ?

I'm only taking Tellah to L75 for now, and he can get the rest later if I have cactuars down the line, or through the course of the game.

Falk

that puzzling face
Falk, what would good gacha rates be? Many end game units are available in 3 or 4* forms, which seem to drop with regularity. The only rates that I see as objectively terrible are 5*.

I don't think gacha rates can be objectively 'good' or 'bad' in a vacuum. You need context as to what those rates represent, how the alternatives to the rarest units stack up in terms of being a plan-B from a relative balance perspective, etc.

I wrote up my thoughts on the game's balance a (couple of?) page(s) back.

edit: Mind you, I pulled a 3* Kefka so I do understand what you're getting at.

Phew, done Sacred Crystal farming but I still need two more Holy Crystals. I remember reading a while back that ADV is better for Holy and Int better for Sacred. Is this true? What's the better bet for Holy? I don't want to waste 5 NRG if it isn't true but I didn't get a huge abundance of it in Int so thinking it must be true. I got about 6 Holys in the time it took to get 20 Sacred in Int.

Man, if you get nothing but "Success" using ehnace, it takes 38 gigantuars to go from 1 to 80... So much for having some left over for Lenna. I have one single gigantuar left for her haha Guess I'll have to use the vortex and just hold on to that gigantuar until the dunes roll around again. We'll see what happens first between getting her to 80 (after I get the holy crystals) or if that event comes around again.

Also, awesome about the FB reward! I'm actually going to have enough lapis to get the summer bundle every day now. Especially when I clear the A1 level in Colosseum soon for 500 lapis. I'm at the boss of B5 atm.

Falk

that puzzling face
Holy is a higher tier, makes sense it'd be better drop/NRG on the higher tier Vortex. Anecdotally I've also gotten better results there, but I'm not sure my sample size is large enough to make an empirical conclusion.

Holy is a higher tier, makes sense it'd be better drop/NRG on the higher tier Vortex. Anecdotally I've also gotten better results there, but I'm not sure my sample size is large enough to make an empirical conclusion.

Yeah hard to say

Since its RNG my results swing wildly and I get lots of Holy from INT as well while Im chasing sacreds

We would need some serious data sample size to even get an idea

Iceman829

I decided to try my luck with a ticket summon since all I have is 3* magic users besides my 5* CoD. I pulled a 4* Russell. I hate life

Is it? Oh, I thought you meant higher than Sacred. Well Sacred seems to drop more in Int so wasn't sure. I know RNG is at play but a lot of people seem to have the same experiences there regarding Sacred. I only need two so I guess I can afford to try ADV for a bit. Thanks.

Maledict

I farmed both in Int. Had a very healthy drop rate for both as well, with double drops happening often. According to the wiki Int is the best place to farm both of them right now.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Yes, do weekend Crystal Vortex only if you dont have time to run PFE. You get unit exp + decent rank exp (8nrg / 172 exp) from PFE vs adv vortex (15nrg / 80? exp).

Perfect, thanks - did a couple PF runs today and satisfied with the results - also got 2-3 Ice Megacrysts from it. Will keep going on until i can evolve Ramuh.

Oh, I wanted to ask, should I finish leveling Ifrit first espeically since I have him at lvl 18? Or Or is there another Esper I should prioritize over him? In particular I was thinking about Golem so I can get Provoke on WoL. I have no idea which espers are especially useful. I thought you gained the stat percs from them but read you only get a small percentage and most of it is just for the esper itself...so now they don't seem all that useful unless they have an ability you don't already have. Am I missing something?

I farmed both in Int. Had a very healthy drop rate for both as well, with double drops happening often. According to the wiki Int is the best place to farm both of them right now.

Damn, I don't know which to use ;p Well, I've been farming them with Int and as I said, I only got 6 holy in the time I got 20 Sacred but on the other hand, the last two runs gave me a holy although I did a combo breaker with one ADV before I stopped playing which gave me nada.

Eidjinn

Question: what would be a good formation for future events?

One attacker, one black mage, one white mage, one tanker and one Utility/Support ?

Or there will be need for two healers, or two attackers?

(I'm planning my next few pulls... so having, for example, 2 tanker are just unnecessary, right?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom