• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCIE

Banned
Okay, I took Kefka down temporarily since I am using his gear on Kuja - so back to Chizuru on my share. Leveling all my secondary units in my "main" party with the exception of Chizuru, who carries the load for the team. Will use this team to run Peak/Desert for the daily rewards (HR mats), and everything else for the week to help them gain experience. Think I'm going to level Bartz, Firion, and Kuja to L50ish instead of maxing Tellah right now. Then I will prioritize them when each unit is a respectable level.

It's not like any of the content is really hard now that I am running C-1 in the Colosseum for Elixirs, and farming the second island. Meanwhile it helps me to level some of these units I picked up, and there might be some challenge involved as well when running the Peak for instance

CCIE

Banned
In the future, you will need a tank and a healer, and then a combination of mages and attackers. I'm still looking for that elusive tank to fill out my team. I have mage and attacker options in spades.
But missing that tank

Its a better game overall.

Record Keeper could seriously benefit from a sequel and visual upgrade. Plus this game just has so much more customization with full equipment slots, espers and materia slots

Even if all that stuff isnt really required with the current mechanics

People did have to come up with cool strats for the Mist Dragon back before they starting landing all the overpowered units

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
You got Ice Megacrysts from the Phantom Forest? Haven't seen that before - TMR bonus?

I dont know tbh - maybe...but i got 3 in like 4-5 runs, so likely just very lucky.

FFRK are just jealous because we got the pretty and funnier game.

Literally ugly kids hating on the cheerleader situation.
I only played FFRK for the first couple weeks - but i wouldnt be shocked if thats the reason. They already got invested in RK and are scared by the new competition lol.
Exvius is what i hoped FFRK would be.

Lyrian

You got Ice Megacrysts from the Phantom Forest? Haven't seen that before - TMR bonus?

Not a TMR bonus, but rather a "completion" bonus, if you will.

On the first and second island explorations, at the reward screen, the player gets one random draw from the loot table of the collection nodes of that exploration. PF is nice when it decides to award and extra green megacite or an ice megacryst, but those are uncommon awards at best. Maybe 1 in 10ish runs on average.

I used today's ticket and pulled a 3* Lenna.

It's gonna take a long time before I can make her useful (I recently used my Gigantars up on Fina, >_>).

Valonquar

I'm too tinfoil hat to pull during the cheaper ticket campaign. Prob adjusted droprates to compensate. Holding tickets at this point for a different banner.

CCIE

Banned
No way in Hell I'm going to YOLO pull on this banner. WoL doesn't love me, and I have the other units. I figure if you spend 30+ pulls and cannot get the unit you want, not worth flushing tickets down the toilet. I will wait for the FF4 or FFXIII for a shot at my tanks.

I pulled Vaan anyway, so WoL is awesome, but unnecessary for me at this time. I'm trying to think rationally here. Cecil or Snow would benefit me more, and they both get a six star down the road. Right????

I really, really wanted the WoL...

kswiston

It's gonna take a long time before I can make her useful (I recently used my Gigantars up on Fina, >_>).

I just did the exact same thing. Which is funny because I was hoping to get her as a stronger healer.

Anyone have a suggestion as to where I should be spending my team development energy? Here are my current units

PNM67Cn.png

84SSUYD.png

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I really like Brave Exvius.

I really like Record Keeper.

I really like Mobius.

I bet I'm happier than the haters.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I always wanted WoL because i obv. like the Character and needed a tank at some point anyway...only found out a couple days before the Banner that he already learns Full Break pre-6* - dude is a beast for Phys dmg. teams if you didnt have Vaan before.

Cheer + Full Break + Barrage combo is just too lovely...lol.

Hah sweet - nice pull.

Yeah my Lenna is at 4* now and until she gets to 5* 80 lvl she cant really replace Fina for me - long road ahead xD But its always good to work towards something.

CCIE

Banned
IMO your focus should be on Bartz (Barrage), Garland (DH), Locke (Treasure Hunter), Kefka (MAG), and Lenna. Cecil down the road
I'd focus on Locke, Kefka, then Bart/Garland, and then Lenna. Since you already leveled up Fina

kswiston

Bartz Cecil Lenna and Kefka

IMO your focus should be on Bartz (Barrage), Garland (DH), Locke (Treasure Hunter), Kefka (MAG), and Lenna. Cecil down the road

I'd focus on Locke, Kefka, then Bart/Garland, and then Lenna. Since you already leveled up Fina

Thanks. Most of those characters are new pulls when I attempted to get a Warrior of light, so it will probably take me awhile to get them to a point where I can switch out Laswell or Krile, but I will make that my goal. Hopefully we get another Cactaur event in a couple of of weeks.

Fran, Penelo, Galuf, Maria, Sabin

I assume this is a list of useless characters.

CCIE

Banned
You aren't kidding about working toward something... I have all my maxed units with the exception of Chiz sitting on the bench, and am working on Bartz, Tellah, Kuja, and Terra at the same time - it's just like a few weeks ago when Chizuru was carrying Team A. I'm working on getting them all to the low 50's, then leveling them up from there. Then I have additional units to move to 5* status as a much more distant goal. I also pulled a bunch of units while trying to get the WoL

Do you think it is more worthwhile to farm Bartz or Terra for TM? It's the one spot on my TM team I cannot decide on.

Celegus

I really like Brave Exvius.

I really like Record Keeper.

I really like Mobius.

I bet I'm happier than the haters.
Yay positivity! Never tried RK but I'm really digging this and Möbius seems neat as well, though I haven't played a ton of it yet. Now the big question is if XV will be any good, I for one am not sold on it yet.

CCIE

Banned
I have nothing against Mobius or FFRK. I just have time for one mobile game at a time, and I have FFIX as a possibility when bored. But between work, family, etc... not enough time for them all

kswiston

I have nothing against Mobius or FFRK. I just have time for one mobile game at a time, and I have FFIX as a possibility when bored. But between work, family, etc... not enough time for them all

I can only focus on 1-2 a day, but I am drifting between a few right now.

I have been playing Puzzle and Dragons for 3.5 years, but the last 6 months have mostly been me logging in daily, doing the 20 second daily reward dungeons when there's one to do, and maybe doing some of the challenge dungeon stuff. I haven't been end-game tier in over a year, but I have a varied enough line up to do most of the middle tier dungeons, which are still fun.

I have been playing Tales of Link since April. The game isn't as varied as some others, but the developer is pretty generous with free currency and items, and I like doing the Soul Arena tournaments. Between those tournaments, I mostly just log in daily.

I started this game when it officially launched. At first I wasn't really into it as it reminded me too much of Brave Frontier (which held my interest for about 3 days), but once I started opening up towns, and explorations, it became more enjoyable. I haven't bothered with the story (don't have the time), but I like everything else.

I also started FF Mobius when it launched, mainly to get the early bird stuff. I like it as well, though I am now feeling like I will probably have to give up one of the games I have on the go. Too many, and even daily logins starts to be a process.

As a result of all of this, I don't have time to play "real" games.

Tried three runs in Int again and managed to get one Holy Crystal. Just need 1 more....1 more... Would be money if I can get it with the remaining time window for Awakening Vortex because then I could swap back to Experience, awaken Lenna, and start leveling her.

Don't sweat missing out on WoL some of you guys, we all miss out on some great unit we covet. More will come. I couldn't for the life of me get Chiz and she's straight up the best unit in global right now. I have no one with Barrage either ;_; but I still have a great group and that's what counts. One day I'll get someone with barrage and one day you guys will get your tank. *Believe*

Thanks. Most of those characters are new pulls when I attempted to get a Warrior of light, so it will probably take me awhile to get them to a point where I can switch out Laswell or Krile, but I will make that my goal. Hopefully we get another Cactaur event in a couple of of weeks.

I assume this is a list of useless characters.

Yes, Ouro was trolling you ;) I would focus on leveling Bartz Cecil Lenna and Kefka as someone else said pronto. CCIE brings up a good point that you don't have to rush Lenna since you have Fina built up, I've done the exact same thing myself. Focused on WoL and slowly bringing Lenna up since I have Fina maxed. If you want to narrow it down to two to level them up faster, I'd say Bartz and Kefka. That will give you both a really strong attacker with barrage and a beastly black mage. Cecil will make a great tank so he after them but since tanks aren't really necessary just yet, those two above him. Maybe take just Bartz and Kefka with a strong friend summon into ADV Experience Vortex and then rotate to Cecil and Lenna. If Locke doesn't have that Treasure Hunter skill yet, make him a priority until he learns that passive skill but if he has it, I wouldn't prioritize him. That's the only thing that makes him useful, use him for farming mats in the Awakening Vortex. If you didn't have better options he'd be worth considering using in battles but you do have better options. Garland is who I'd make your fifth guy and you should level him too.

Adawg - you got both Lenna and WoL off this banner, right? Congrats!
Nah, just Lenna. No WoL or Tellah.

My main team is Chizuru, Firion, Vaan, Kefka, Fina.

My old soft-launch team (Cecil, Lasswell, Rain, Krile, Fran) was fully maxed, but my current team is still in their 50-60s (All 5* - except Fina at 4* 47).

Notable other units I'll TM someday:
Luna x2 (Barrage)
Sabin x2 (Counter)
Kain x2 (Gungnir)
Golbez (Meteor)
Shantoto x2 (MAG +30%)
Vivis x2 (Firaga)
Rydia x2 (Blizzaga)
A second Kefka (Ribbon)

So when Rain gets his 6*, what does he get that makes him so much better? Having WoL makes me feel like I'll never use Rain again really. His damage is so poor.

So when Rain gets his 6*, what does he get that makes him so much better? Having WoL makes me feel like I'll never use Rain again really. His damage is so poor.

Full Break so you and I won't need him. I think he might get another somewhat useful utility but if you have Vaan or WoL really won't have a reason to swap out for him.

Damn I play 5 right now. This...Brave Frontier...Tales of Link...FFRK...Puzzles and Dragons...Kingdom Hearts Unchained. I only really log in for daily stuff on PnD and FFRK I auto everything. Most of my time is between the first 3 I posted for sure. Sitting in a cube all day working for a laid back company has advantages for mobile games though haha

CCIE

Banned
I spend a LOT of time in the ADV Vortex leveling up units since not getting WoL. That is why the "B" team is my team right now. When the story continues I will get my best units together and make a "team", but right now I'm just trying to level units. My goal is to get all useable units to five star status eventually, but right now I am focused on my "newer" units. Chizuru is the lone exception so that I don't have to worry about some freak accident wiping me out while leveling. When the team can work without Chiz, I will add Firion to the group.

I do the daily runs - a couple extra for HR mats (working on #8 right now, while #7 is cooking), and then do nothing but level units. It will pay off in a few weeks, but right now it sucks. I'm hopeful to have them all leveled before the next island comes out. I'm also saving all my "energy bottles" for the next cactuar weekend, or the next real event.

Earlier this year, I had no access to a gaming PC or any systems. As a result I spent all my free time on my phone and am now deep into 8 F2Ps: FFRK, FFBE, Mobius, KHUx, One Piece Treasure Cruise, Marvel Future Fight, Bleach Brave Souls and Pokemon Go.

I tried out Granblue as well and enjoyed it quite a bit. However, the grind to get characters and useful items from the events in that was way too fierce for me to keep at it.

Full Break so you and I won't need him. I think he might get another somewhat useful utility but if you have Vaan or WoL really won't have a reason to swap out for him.
Damn. I need a couple more 6*;characters then def. Maybe I'll get as lucky as I got this banner for the next one that has strong future chars.

CCIE

Banned
I'm keeping Rain on the back burner in case Vaan doesn't get a sixth star... but he's easy to level so he's at the back of the leveling bus.

StarVigil

I'm kinda done with this game for now. These events seem fairly pointless to me as I don't have the time for endless grind right now. Plus, the pulls are hilariously depressing.

Code:
[IMG]http://rixan.kuvat.fi/kuvat/Sekalaista/FFBE/Help/Screenshot_20160811-113203.png?img=smaller[/IMG]

ojetd.gif

Sadly I only have two known 6* in my "Dream Team" right now with WoL and ExDeath but I'm sure 5* Kefka, Vaan, and Lenna will remain useful anyway. Although if I ever get a beastly Physical attacker, I'll be able to take Vaan out anyway since WoL has FB. I love me some Focus, however. Right now it's nice in the first round against a boss because Vaan can do Focus and WoL FB.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I just did the exact same thing. Which is funny because I was hoping to get her as a stronger healer.

Anyone have a suggestion as to where I should be spending my team development energy? Here are my current units

You basically already have a strong team.

Lenna is top healer in the game.
Kefka is top Magic.
Cecil is second best tank.
Bartz is third best Physical, with Garland being 5th.
Goblez is the 5th best mage.

Basically, you already have everything for a perfect team.

I'll probably just be sticking with this. Tried Mobius and I'm just not the type to jump between multiple games.

CCIE

Banned
Where's Chilly today? ... I finally am getting to play with Kuja, and I don't care what anyone says about his "lack of power". He's the coolest of my mage units, and the best graphics. Besides, he crushes the available content pretty well. I'm working on getting him to L53

Where's Chilly today? ... I finally am getting to play with Kuja, and I don't care what anyone says about his "lack of power". He's the coolest of my mage units, and the best graphics. Besides, he crushes the available content pretty well. I'm working on getting him to L53

I totally use whatever characters i want to or like unless i hit a wall

I dont mind a slightly higher challenge in fights that my party might not be ideal for

Im in this to have some fun

I remember when the third Island came out I went to the first town and got the game over screen on the mandatory encounter...turns out an under leveled unarmed viki was'nt quite enough to take out the enemies that I didn't expect to fight inside a town...

game crashes as soon as i bought the summer bundle, how did this get through testing jesus
Had the same thing happen. Reminds me that some quests used to do the exact same thing. At least with the summer bundle the purchase goes trough and is in your item box once you come back to the game though.

Xion86

In the future, you will need a tank and a healer, and then a combination of mages and attackers. I'm still looking for that elusive tank to fill out my team. I have mage and attacker options in spades.
But missing that tank

We will get that tank soon! :)...

I'm currently trying to max out Cloud of Darkness and Garland in the week now as my next goal. I need 2 more trophies for the Hero's Ring recipe too.

Oh and I also can only get into one mobile/grind game at a time haha, although I loved the concept of RK when it came out, just didn't get much time to play it more. This i'm hooked on though and going to stick with daily.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Deciding what I should focus on next. I'm thinking some shard farming this weekend is in order. Going to level up my Ifirt, Golem, and Siren to 2. Followed by getting Shiva and Ram.

After that, they have some pretty solid items through questing for the third Island. Going to gear up my Art.

Also decided how I'm going to TM farm. I got my settings down where it is only a small bit behind energy regen. So I'll be running the program while studying, watching movies, playing other games, etc. Figure it will be nice to aim for a set of 2TMS every 2 to 3 months. Get that Cecil, Bartz, Hayate, Kekfa up.

You basically already have a strong team.

Lenna is top healer in the game.
Kefka is top Magic.
Cecil is second best tank.
Bartz is third best Physical, with Garland being 5th.
Goblez is the 5th best mage.

Basically, you already have everything for a perfect team.

I'll probably just be sticking with this. Tried Mobius and I'm just not the type to jump between multiple games.

WORTHLESS FOOL

Cecil is top tank ; ;

Sadly I only have two known 6* in my "Dream Team" right now with WoL and ExDeath but I'm sure 5* Kefka, Vaan, and Lenna will remain useful anyway. Although if I ever get a beastly Physical attacker, I'll be able to take Vaan out anyway since WoL has FB. I love me some Focus, however. Right now it's nice in the first round against a boss because Vaan can do Focus and WoL FB.

If Kefka doesn't get a 6* I will eat my eyes.

CCIE

Banned
Chilly, don't you have both WoL and Cecil? I agree Cecil is the better tank, but WoL has better abilities. However, I'm not picky at all at this point.

scarlet

If you need a more defensive tank, you go with Cecil.
If you need a more offensive tank, WoL is your answer.

Personally I prefer WoL because I don't have physical attacker in my team
and also because of that gorgeous sprite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom