• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deciding what I should focus on next. I'm thinking some shard farming this weekend is in order. Going to level up my Ifirt, Golem, and Siren to 2. Followed by getting Shiva and Ram.

After that, they have some pretty solid items through questing for the third Island. Going to gear up my Art.

Also decided how I'm going to TM farm. I got my settings down where it is only a small bit behind energy regen. So I'll be running the program while studying, watching movies, playing other games, etc. Figure it will be nice to aim for a set of 2TMS every 2 to 3 months. Get that Cecil, Bartz, Hayate, Kekfa up.

If you haven't yet, grinding for Rank is never a bad thing. I've done that a bunch and I'm up to Rank 52 now. It's nice waking up to 62 energy everyday.

I was thinking of using Nox to start a little TM grinding, but it runs like ass on my laptop :( Not sure if I need to tweak some settings or if my laptop is too crappy. Maybe I should try out another emulator.

NomarTyme

If you haven't yet, grinding for Rank is never a bad thing. I've done that a bunch and I'm up to Rank 52 now. It's nice waking up to 62 energy everyday.

I was thinking of using Nox to start a little TM grinding, but it runs like ass on my laptop :( Not sure if I need to tweak some settings or if my laptop is too crappy. Maybe I should try out another emulator.

Nox is the only one with built in macro. I like bluestacks but it doesn't have macro.

NomarTyme

POLO!
sorry

That's a bummer to hear. I'll search around for a way to possibly make it run better, but I think I might be out of luck because it runs like a slideshow right now.

lol no problems. Have you try turning off VT? I turned mine off for it to run better even though it saids you needed on for it to perform better.

CCIE

Banned
Wired - use the Nox multi version to open an instance in DirectX mode instead of OpenGL, and then you can even go into the settings for the game and cut some of the effects. That should help with some of the performance issues. It's a little slow for me since I am running it in a VM on my Mac but that doesn't matter. Can't really run the TM farm battle once but every five minutes anyway... so slow only means I had to put an interim of 80 seconds between fights in my script instead of several minutes

Thanks for the tips Nomar and CCIE. I'll give those a try later to see if I can get it to a usable state. Don't plan on getting too serious with TM grinding using lapis and stuff, but it would be nice to have it running when I'm playing another game or watching a movie.

Holy shit, I just got another mini cactuar to spawn in an exploration again. It was in the Phantom Forest this time (had one spawn in Westersand a long time ago). Only my second one showing up and I've been playing since the soft launch. Crazy how rare those encounters are. Got the Star Quartz drop again instead of the Screamroot though.

CCIE

Banned
Wired, you have time to figure it out. Maintenance tonight so I'm not going to bother running my script until tomorrow night. Need to fine tune it to work towards the magic trophy as well anyway...

bonkeng

Wired, you have time to figure it out. Maintenance tonight so I'm not going to bother running my script until tomorrow night. Need to fine tune it to work towards the magic trophy as well anyway...

How do you delay 5 minutes wait for nrg? That's the only problem i have now. Can't run it overnight.

Yeah, I'm in no rush to get all the best stuff right away anyway. I really hope the game is never balanced around people having the latest, greatest TMs. That would be one way to kill my interest in the game.

I'm perfectly fine with having to wait a couple months for story/event equipment to catch up to beat a new trial boss if I'm currently not powerful enough to beat it the moment it comes out though. I'll never be on the bleeding edge of what's currently possible and that's ok with me. I would love if Alim/Gumi could implement something to run Earth Shrine 10 times automatically to help chip away at those TMs though.

WORTHLESS FOOL

Cecil is top tank ; ;

If Kefka doesn't get a 6* I will eat my eyes.

I'm 100 percent confident Kefka and Vaan will get 6* eventually, whenever their recpective game events hit most likely. As for a serious dicscusion for the best tank, I stumbled upon this subject while trying to figure out what 6* abilities WoL learns and the consensus seems to be WoL is much better at 5* but at 6*, it depends on what you want. If you're offense oriented, WoL all the way but if you're going for a defensive build, Cecil who's great for defense/healing tank. Most people prefer offense so more use WoL but Cecil is a great tank at 6* (and still a plenty good one at 5*). If you want to say he's the best because you love the character, go ahead. Squall is automatically the best character in the game when he hits for me and will never be usurped ;p

Pffft my piddly rank is only at 29! I really hate that you get shit rank xp from the vortex since it's like 90 percent or more of what I do in this game ;p It's never going to go up at this rate ;_;. I managed to get that last holy crystal and awakened Lenna to 5* so once I'm done leveling her, I should be able to finally focus on leveling espers so I can challenge the 2* form for good rank xp.

sammich

I'm not sure if it's extremely shitty luck or what but if this keeps up I'm pretty much done with this game. Took a break from farming ice/fire megacryts for the gravity rod. Finished the hearts yesterday and started back on the rings. Fuck me this is ridiculous. 17 runs Wolfgang's peak - 3 ice Megas. THREE. Decided screw it lets do Westersands for the fire ones.. 2 in 10 runs. Fire used to be easier to get. This is absolute BS. It's beyond frustrating. This is making Möbius look a tonne better to me everyday. Ugh.

I'm not sure if it's extremely shitty luck or what but if this keeps up I'm pretty much done with this game. Took a break from farming ice/fire megacryts for the gravity rod. Finished the hearts yesterday and started back on the rings. Fuck me this is ridiculous. 17 runs Wolfgang's peak - 3 ice Megas. THREE. Decided screw it lets do Westersands for the fire ones.. 2 in 10 runs. Fire used to be easier to get. This is absolute BS. It's beyond frustrating. This is making Möbius look a tonne better to me everyday. Ugh.

Take a break from farming it then. There's no need for those rings until we get 6* anyway. Sure it's nice to have a leg up and if you think you can manage 70 trophies or whatever stockpile these rings but it's not like it's hindering your progress any time soon any way, right? Do what's fun buddy, do what's fun.

Sounds like a combination of both normal and shitty RNG. From my experience, that sounds about right for Ice Megacrysts in Wolfgang's Peak. Those can be pretty painful to get. 2 Fire Megacrysts in 10 runs definitely blows though. Hopefully your luck will turn and you'll get a few good runs through Westersand.

Completely off topic but I'm 3 hours into FFVI and I am having second thoughts on using Kefka in my party. The man is vile and my good hearted Rain, Lasswell, and Fina wouldn't have anything to do with this monster.

scarlet

Crafting my 4th

6 runs in marsh 2 ice mega
1 run in in peak 1 ice mega

Still need 2 and 10 fire.

It's really hard now. My first 2 isn't as hard as my 3rd and 4th

CCIE

Banned
Yeah, I'm pretty certain both Terra and Kefka will get 6*'s, as will Vaan eventually. I would expect the same for Zidane and Kuja as well. The main hero and villain for each game seems to be getting one so far

Heng

I gave up on both Wolfsfang Peak and Westersand desert for the megacryst. Golzas canyon yields me about 1 per run and I also get yellow megacryst for Ramuh. I haven't ran kolobos Marsh for about a week or two (Im currently sitting on 20 ice) but I would guess they drop about 1 per run as well.

Pejo

I'm being lazy, but has anyone already mathed to see what rank allows you a full 8 hours of sleep without wasting NRG?

Yeah, I'm pretty certain both Terra and Kefka will get 6*'s, as will Vaan eventually. I would expect the same for Zidane and Kuja as well. The main hero and villain for each game seems to be getting one so far

I'm surprised they don't have a villain for FFXII released, Dr. Cid would be awesome :)

Yeah I wish I had a Terra, her 6* is gonna be fucking amazing I bet!

I always thought the Judges looked bad ass. I know there was a leader but it's been so long since I've played XII, did any of the judges have unique abilities? Or just good with weapons?

That is correct, rank 86 will let you get a full night's sleep without wasting energy.

To get to max rank, you'll need:
1,595,423 exp
Which, if you were 100% efficient with your nrg (getting 33.3 exp/nrg via 2* espers and demon chimera, getting and using your bonus ~20 nrg/day from both story and vortex in those fights, and not doing silly things like sleeping), would take you a whopping
135 days
of farming only the 33.33 exp/nrg missions.

If you didn't get the bonus energy, it would take 145 days. And if you don't account for rank up energy refills it would take 166 days.

Getting to rank 86, however, is much easier
/s
. It only takes 99, 106, or 122 days, respectively.

Slaythe

Where's Chilly today? ... I finally am getting to play with Kuja, and I don't care what anyone says about his "lack of power". He's the coolest of my mage units, and the best graphics. Besides, he crushes the available content pretty well. I'm working on getting him to L53

High five sister !

His limit break is so pretty too.

When he gets his 6 star they'll all see.

I always thought the Judges looked bad ass. I know there was a leader but it's been so long since I've played XII, did any of the judges have unique abilities? Or just good with weapons?

I can't remember myself lol I'm almost positive they did not really have super powers, at least not all of them.

Dr. Cid however...

Folstern

Gabranth has quite a few unique abilities. Guilt/Innocence/Sentence etc. Dissidia shows some. The English remaster will probably have the trials which will showcase some of the other judge's abilities. It would be awesome to have a full judge team.

hitmon

Then no lol Though Maria will be getting a 5* upgrade in the future with some decent abilities, wouldn't be a terrible thing to level her if you have nothing else to do atm ^^

Thanks for the advice, I'll level her while I grind for materials and rank levels. She's probably the best pull I've had in awhile.

Gabranth has quite a few unique abilities. Guilt/Innocence/Sentence etc. Dissidia shows some. The English remaster will probably have the trials which will showcase some of the other judge's abilities. It would be awesome to have a full judge team.
Nice, he'd be a good edition then. I should probably grab the remaster and give it another spin. Is the nonsense to get that spear in the zodiac version?

Valus

I think Vayne would be a cool villain for FFXII he's actually the last boss and could have a cool sprite. And would be cool in the sense of Leo in that Dissidia and FFRK never used him.

Also, there's a max rank?

I think Vayne would be a cool villain for FFXII he's actually the last boss and could have a cool sprite. And would be cool in the sense of Leo in that Dissidia and FFRK never used him.

The wikis rank exp table only went to 100.

bonkeng

Yes Vayne is the main villain and final boss.

But Gabranth is the more popular of the two. And look at that badass armor.

One more thing, I always thought all Judges have unique skills and are very strong in each of their own ways.

CCIE

Banned
Gabranth would make a bad-ass base 5* to go with Vaan. Then you need the leading man as well, and possibly Ashe. I've already pre-ordered the game

Lyrian

Interesting numbers from Reddit, on Esper farming and whether or not farming for on-color magicite is worth it over PF.

Short answer: Nope!

Slightly longer answer: Nope, although farming red magicites is almost worth it. Everything else sucks. First island explorations aren't horrible for the energy but time intensive (only drops magicites but a megacite is only 2 magicites), and the third island is absolutely awful. ADV Chamber of Crystals isn't that bad and a good 2nd choice when it is available and time is constrained.

Graph answer:

PF > ADV CoC >> Westersand ~= 1st island explorations >>>>>>>>> 3rd isle is **that** bad

Numbers (Esper XP/ energy)

340 > 300-400 (400 = perfect on-color run that won't happen, will land towards 300 most of the time) >> 200 ~= 190-200ish >>>>>>>>>> 100

bonkeng

Wait, I'm confused about th3 maintenance announcement.

Is it postponed til tmr? Or we have 2 maintenance on successive days? One is 3 hours long, one is 8 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom