• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting numbers from Reddit, on Esper farming and whether or not farming for on-color magicite is worth it over PF.

Short answer: Nope!

Slightly longer answer: Nope, although farming red magicites is almost worth it. Everything else sucks. First island explorations aren't horrible for the energy but time intensive (only drops magicites but a megacite is only 2 magicites), and the third island is absolutely awful. ADV Chamber of Crystals isn't that bad and a good 2nd choice when it is available and time is constrained.

Graph answer:

PF > ADV CoC >> Westersand ~= 1st island explorations >>>>>>>>> 3rd isle is **that** bad

Numbers (Esper XP/ energy)

340 > 300-400 (400 = perfect on-color run that won't happen, will land towards 300 most of the time) >> 200 ~= 190-200ish >>>>>>>>>> 100

Interesting deduction!

Lyrian

Wait, I'm confused about th3 maintenance announcement.

Is it postponed til tmr? Or we have 2 maintenance on successive days? One is 3 hours long, one is 8 hours.

Apparently out of nowhere, the 3 hour standard maintenance has suddenly become an 8 hour major client patch.

Hoping for new content announcements :)

Lyrian

Interesting deduction!

The trend seems to be as the rewards for each exploration become higher (higher tier crafting materials, unit xp, etc), the amount of esper xp awarded decreases.

For some reason Phantom Forest is an anomaly that bucks this trend, which is probably an error. Hope it doesn't get fixed with the patch tonight.

Rixa

Welp there goes my planned TM nrg :(. Glad I noticed that maintenance starts soon so I can atleast burn my nrg. But still sucks to lose. This wouldnt feel so bad if it would be one week later, but nope :p.

5 Weeks ago, when I started TM process I had TM%:

a) Cecil 2.5%
b) Shantotto 14.5%
c) Shantotto 0.0%
d) Shantotto 0.0%
e) Shantotto 0.0%

In 35 days I have manually by using phone done this:
Screenshot_20160812-060935.png

If we dont get more maintenances :p I should have everything done in 1 week thanks to bonus nrg we get.

CCIE

Banned
Woohoo! That was worth it - took Locke and three more fire megacrysts!

Rixa - congrats on the TM for Shantotto number one!

Welp there goes my planned TM nrg :(. Glad I noticed that maintenance starts soon so I can atleast burn my nrg. But still sucks to lose. This wouldnt feel so bad if it would be one week later, but nope :p.

a) Cecil 2.5%
b) Shantotto 14.5%
c) Shantotto 0.0%
d) Shantotto 0.0%
e) Shantotto 0.0%

If we dont get more maintenances :p I should have everything done in 1 week thanks to bonus nrg we get.

Dammmmmmn. And you've just been running earth shrine over and over?

Rixa

Thanks all :)

Basically Ive been running all the time
Earth Shrine - Entrance

Adding for Daily Quest (cause I really want those 50 Lapis per day):

Earth Shrine - Exploration
Awaken BGN - Vortex (SC drop rate is about 1/3 btw).

Now I had to burn nrg so I did 4 times INT awaken and got pretty much normal haul 0/1/1/2 of SC. Last time I have done Awaken INT 4 times was over 1 month ago and much similar results.

chrono01

a) Cecil 2.5%
b) Shantotto 14.5%
c) Shantotto 0.0%
d) Shantotto 0.0%
e) Shantotto 0.0%

Keep up the great work. You're almost there!

Rixa

Gravity Rod was put in the oven just before maintenance.

Any idea of what is going to be added? New banner or what?

Version will be updated to 1.1.0
FFBE FB 1h ago said:
Greetings FINAL FANTASY BRAVE EXVIUS fans,
We are rescheduling our next maintenance from August 11, 23:00 PDT to August 12, 7:00 PDT. This is so we can update the client to [version 1.1.0].
We are sorry for the abrupt change in schedule, and we thank you for your understanding.

My guess is that we get around 3 nrg potions and 500 Lapis as compensation. This maintenance fucked pretty much most Europeans :p.

bonkeng

a) Cecil 2.5%
b) Shantotto 14.5%
c) Shantotto 0.0%
d) Shantotto 0.0%
e) Shantotto 0.0%

God damn.

Excalibur is so near.

Also, can't wait to test out your nuclear-powered Exdeath.

desverger

5 Weeks ago, when I started TM process..

Congrats on being insane! I think I would've burned out if I did this, getting the hearts alone was already pretty bad :p

bonkeng

No information on what the patch is about.

Hopefully this is to remove that pesky "Rate Me Now" pop up.

Off Topic: Anyone watched FF15 KingsGlaive Movie? Never expected it released in my country, but here it is. I hope it's good.

Aurizen

a) Cecil 2.5%
b) Shantotto 14.5%
c) Shantotto 0.0%
d) Shantotto 0.0%
e) Shantotto 0.0%

WOW! What did you do to level their TM??

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I'm being lazy, but has anyone already mathed to see what rank allows you a full 8 hours of sleep without wasting NRG?

You recover 1 energy every 5 minutes.

There are 60 minutes in an hour.

There are 8 hours.

And I forgot I had Shanotto... i must TM her

Falk

that puzzling face
12 x 8 = 96 NRG

No idea how the rank vs NRG scaling goes past 50, sorry

If this huge maintenance means I won't get the last 12 demon hearts for my gravity rod I swear I'll stop playing.

Doesn't it end on the 15th?

I mean push comes to shove if I was like 10 short I'd just Lapis refresh or something, hah.

Xion86

Nice one Rixa! You're nearly there :)

Anyway...I need my EXVIUS fix :/ that's one long maintenance! Feels weird not logging in to do usual daily tasks on it after doing so since launch haha.

Rixa

If this huge maintenance means I won't get the last 12 demon hearts for my gravity rod I swear I'll stop playing.

12 x 8 = 96 NRG

No idea how the rank vs NRG scaling goes past 50, sorry

Doesn't it end on the 15th?

I mean push comes to shove if I was like 10 short I'd just Lapis refresh or something, hah.

We also get 30 extra energy and 100 Lapis per day, which you can use to nrg refill if you want to.

Yup 86 level needed for 8h sleeps. Let the nrg rot and take a good night sleeps.

Rixa

Maintenance is still going but:

Google Play store has new version 1.1.0. Go and download it.
WHAT'S NEW

- 10 + 1 summon option added
- Rarity display for items, equipment and abilities added
- "Vortex" button text changed to "Farplane"
- Auto Limit Burst option added to Settings
- ★filter added to Sort function - No. filter added to Sort function - Slot expansion slider implemented - General bugfixes and optimisations implemented - Friend gifting/daily quest reset time fix changed to PDT 1:00 (PST 0:00)

Maintenance is still going but:

Google Play store has new version 1.1.0. Go and download it.

Oooohh super cool

I wouldnt mind if that had a full changlog for bugfixes but this is exciting

Auto Limit Burst o_O

Trust Farming just got a two birds option

Rixa

Auto Limit Burst o_O

Trust Farming just got a two birds option
Well no.

If you want to be fast with TM, you are going to do ES Entrance, its 2 battles and its fastest way to spend 1 NRG. In 2 Battles LB is not ready. Iam not sure if its normally ready in ES - Exit which is 3 battles. But as for me, time is what matters when TM grinding.

This just means that you can do LB when skill is ready and you will use it in generic explorations when you hunt LB trophies (or if you are crazy you do LB levels...).

Well no.

If you want to be fast with TM, you are going to do ES Entrance, its 2 battles and its fastest way to spend 1 NRG. In 2 Battles LB is not ready. Iam not sure if its normally ready in ES - Exit which is 3 battles. But as for me, time is what matters when TM grinding.

This just means that you can do LB when skill is ready and you will use it in generic explorations when you hunt LB trophies (or if you are crazy you do LB levels...).

so you sacrifice a small amount of NRG efficiency to also level LB

A bunch of you are using macros anyways

Rixa

so you sacrifice a small amount of NRG efficiency to also level LB

A bunch of you are using macros anyways

What Iam saying is that its quite possible that you cant do LB skill in 1 NRG battles, or only with one / some units. Next step is to go longer fights, not sure if there is 4 battles in 2 NRG dungeon either.
Grandshelt Catacombs - Exit is 4 battles (good rank xp btw) but it costs 3 NRG.

Of course you can manually target one unit to get more turns, but whats the point when youre trying to do everything automatically or fast.

$$$ and/or botting.
Nah you dont need money nor botting. Just luck & determination to use 40-50 days to get TM from 0% to 100%.

What Iam saying is that its quite possible that you cant do LB skill in 1 NRG battles, or only with one / some units. Next step is to go longer fights, not sure if there is 4 battles in 2 NRG dungeon either.
Grandshelt Catacombs - Exit is 4 battles (good rank xp btw) but it costs 3 NRG.

Of course you can manually target one unit to get more turns, but whats the point when youre trying to do everything automatically or fast.

Nah you dont need money nor botting. Just luck & determination to use 40-50 days to get TM from 0% to 100%.

You would need some characters that hit for nothing and build limit fast. I suggest monks/thieves since multihit normals seem to build limit the fastest

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Ran into this Kefka last night.

http://imgur.com/a/pWJKy

2x 30% MAG, Ultima, and Meteor. 0.o

How do people do this stuff?!

You think this is OP ? Wait until Rixa is done with his Ex-Death lawl.

Im not worried about my Gacha pulls anymore as long as Rixa doesnt drop me from his friendlist i will clear enough content - haha.

Cant wait for Ex-Death 6* version...and i dont even have him.

Rixa

You would need some characters that hit for nothing and build limit fast. I suggest monks/thieves since multihit normals seem to build limit the fastest

Indeed, but what would be a combination of 5 good TM units that have those skills and have good LB too?

Saldy there really aint point to bring along fodder units that wont have good LB & TM.
How I see it is, you either grind TM or you grind LB & some % to TM (in more expensive dungeon).

You think this is OP ? Wait until Rixa is done with his Ex-Death lawl.

Im not worried about my Gacha pulls anymore as long as Rixa doesnt drop me from his friendlist i will clear enough content - haha.

Cant wait for Ex-Death 6* version...and i dont even have him.

Heh thanks, 6* Exdeath will get Meteor as skill. I could grind Meteor with one Golbez and started with Golbez actually. But then I got Exdeath and suddenly Meteor as ability was meaningless.

This pic is from 8th July when I started the TM...

Indeed, but what would be a combination of 5 good TM units that have those skills and have good LB too?

Saldy there really aint point to bring along fodder units that wont have good LB & TM.
How I see it is, you either grind TM or you grind LB & some % to TM (in more expensive dungeon).

Heh thanks, 6* Exdeath will get Meteor as skill. I could grind Meteor with one Golbez and started with Golbez actually. But then I got Exdeath and suddenly Meteor as ability was meaningless.

3 Star Xiao, Locke, Hayate? Lol I see your point though

This pic is from 8th July when I started the TM...
I salute you good sir, I have no clue how you can do this. Lol.

CCIE

Banned
Nice, the new timer reset will be moved to a more reasonable hour! Also, what is auto Limit Break? Some interesting new features. The 11 ticket summon with a guaranteed four star option is finally being added as well. Necessary for anyone who wants a shot in Hell at pulling the Lightning types of units.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom