• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pejo

Well, not learning my lesson, I foolishly dumped some money into lapis and did a 11x pull on the WoL banner, still trying to get him.

4 Gold crystals - Not a single unit that isn't max 4*

Feels bad.

Definitely done on this banner though, I spent all I had saved since launch, plus 2 of the 49.99 bundles. Cannot even begin to imagine how bad it's going to be for some on the future 5* starter banners.

Celegus

He gains 4 ability (or material slot, whatever you want to call it) at 6 star form. Same thing with CoD.

Looks like they've fixed the slow downs on exploration for androids. I'm actually surprised they did it, they probably could've gotten away with leaving it as it was.

Oh daaaang! Those are my only two damage dealers, so maybe I should finally start paying attention to abilities!

Room for 5 or 6 gaffers, sharing a maxed out CoD atm but may switch to exdeath or kefka when I have them maxed out. Add me if you are a daily gifter and want another daily gifter on your list. 919,654,389

Android, no problems with Auto attack, works like before maintenance, choose skills, push auto and skills do.
Same here.

Additionally, they improved the Receive All function for friend gifts. Before, it would crash anytime I did so with over 30something gifts. Today I had 50 and it worked fine. I'll have to test it with more tomorrow.

Lyrian

This new summon screen is confusing. Why can't I see how many tickets I have?

Because they don't want you to use your tickets. They want you to pay for pulls, especially that shiny 11 pull (also why you can't use tickets for the 11 pull). Many people won't think about those tickets if the option is not readily visible. It's a common tactic in sales (know that all too well from past real life experience).

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Probably going to just TM farm this weekend with runs in Crystal Chamber to burn excess. The additional FP is going to be nice so I can work on some TMs with the cheap characters(Hopefully Dragon Killer), Money, while knocking up my Bartz, Notto, and a few others.

I think I'll aim for about 10% TM weekly.

Lyrian

The music doesn't reset in explorations anymore after each fight. Sounds odd, after a month of constantly restarting music.

hitmon

Not sure if it is big news anymore but was able to beat the Dark Chimera with the entire party alive. Had no stamina so just gave it a shot on a whim.

Hurray
Force Armor

Congrats! If you don't mind sharing, what team did you beat it with?

I got 3 Tellahs in a row....

I know he's a better mage than Golbez but I can't in good conscience switch out motherfucking Golbez for some old ass man. Maybe I'll switch him with Krile, she ain't doing much right now anyway.

NomarTyme

I got 3 Tellahs in a row....

I know he's a better mage than Golbez but I can't in good conscience switch out motherfucking Golbez for some old ass man. Maybe I'll switch him with Krile, she ain't doing much right now anyway.

lol welcome to the club! I got half dozen Tellahs. Lenna eludes me.

Just think of Bedile and Cyan and Anzalem. Don't do it. I paid for my mistakes so that you won't have to.
Yep. I mean I would gladly pay $20 for the bundle but at $50 it's a little too steep. I wonder if the sale for Christmas is going to be any good or not.

Did two ticket pulls. 3rd Shantoto + new Miyuki. Gonna save the rest I get from this event.

Is she useful for anything? Her TM seems good, at the very least.

Lyrian

Where exactly can I find the 1st 2 notes of the new quest?

I assumed it's kolobos port and phantom forest

edit: got it

Edit: Grats on finding them. Leaving the post up if anyone else want hints/spoilers on the partial quest.

Those are correct assumptions.

Further spoilers if you want...

Spoiler - Kolobos:
Far right side of the city map, after going up the staircase heading east.

Spolier - PF :
You'll trip over it going to the bottom left exit of the map. It's at the last curve of the map leading to the exit.

scarlet

How to maximize unit and sell it for gil?

edit: maxed them to 2* and sell it

Did two ticket pulls. 3rd Shantoto + new Miyuki. Gonna save the rest I get from this event.

Miyuki's TM is the best katana for now

And Shantoto's is great for your mage

Edit: Grats on finding them. Leaving the post up if anyone else want hints/spoilers on the partial quest.

Those are correct assumptions.

Further spoilers if you want...

Spoiler - Kolobos:
Far right side of the city map, after going up the staircase heading east.

Spolier - PF :
You'll trip over it going to the bottom left exit of the map. It's at the last curve of the map leading to the exit.

Thanks. I thought the kolobos one would be harder cuz I have to enter buildings.

Valentus

Shantotto? Her TM is crucial, for not say vital, for high damage mages (ExDeath with 4 MAG+30% is a juggernaut). Thats the reason why a companion here is leveling 4 shantottos (already TM'd one) and i am in my way for my third MAG+30%

If you talk about Miyuki, Sakurafubiki is the best katana right now in the game, and Chizuru can do massive damage with it.

Xion86

So the Colosseum is mostly unplayable for me now on my iPad :( the game freezes then closes constantly....(being a System Test Engineer this makes me rage). Guess I'll have to do those on my phone. Sigh.

hitmon

Shantotto? Her TM is crucial, for not say vital, for high damage mages (ExDeath with 4 MAG+30% is a juggernaut). Thats the reason why a companion here is leveling 4 shantottos (already TM'd one) and i am in my way for my third MAG+30%

If you talk about Miyuki, Sakurafubiki is the best katana right now in the game, and Chizuru can do massive damage with it.

Whoa, you can stack multiples on one character? I wish I had a Shantotto to grind now.

Dreavus

So it's better to pull Friend summons during these events right?

I know gil turtles are pretty useless but the metal cactaurs are not. I vaguely remember someone saying to save up FP even when this friend summon event was on last time. Does it get better than this?

Lyrian

So it's better to pull Friend summons during these events right?

I know gil turtles are pretty useless but the metal cactaurs are not. I vaguely remember someone saying to save up FP even when this friend summon event was on last time. Does it get better than this?

Depends what you are looking for with your FP pulls.

Right now is good for pulling cactaurs with friend points. Those can be used to level up your own units (if medium or large), or can be fed to the other FP units pulled and sold as an easy way to make gil in large quantities.

In contrast, saving your FP until after the event and then pulling gives you the opportunity to pull more rare FP units for useful abilities (like dragon killer), as you won't be pulling gil turtles and cactaurs then.

At the moment, this is the best and only FP event that global has had to date (only once before so far since launch).

Lyrian

I used my ticker I got today from the 300 lapis chest and got BARTZ!!!

Yes finally a good attack unit!

Grats on the pull! Very jealous at the moment of the solid pull.

I keep biting my tongue waiting for the next banner to occur before pulling again.

Kouriozan

Did a single YOLO pull with a ticket on the WoL banner because why not and...

M4mL2XYl.jpg
0tJjdO0l.jpg

What the hell Gumi, my second one!
Why did I burn all my tickets/lapis to get her last month >.<
I guess Firion or Garland is getting kicked...

Did a single YOLO pull with a ticket on the WoL banner because why not and...

M4mL2XYl.jpg
0tJjdO0l.jpg

What the hell Gumi, my second one!
Why did I burn all my tickets/lapis to get her last month >.<
I guess Firion or Garland is getting kicked...

Dude!

I never pulled a 5 star crystal. awesome.

Eidjinn

Pulled a few more units today and, aside 2 useless units, I got CoD, Lenna,Vaan and Tellah.

But I already have the first three. So, what should I do?

Raise another CoD or do Trust farming?

The other two... should I do trust farm too, or it's not even worth it?

scarlet

It's my second rainbow too, first one was Firion.
Damn, it could have been Lightning, but I probably used all my pulling luck x)

No Lightning for you!

Congrats!

36 pulls since global launch

0 rainbow crystal
6 gold crystals

It means my 1st rainbow gonna be a 5* base unit

Not

NomarTyme

Pulled a few more units today and, aside 2 useless units, I got CoD, Lenna,Vaan and Tellah.

But I already have the first three. So, what should I do?

Raise another CoD or do Trust farming?

The other two... should I do trust farm too, or it's not even worth it?

Lenna TM is good. And the rest are okay.

Kouriozan

Thanks guys.
Well... I used all my tickets and got 3 Lenna, 4 Tellah, Roselia, Shantotto, Penello, Clyde, and Bartz!

Looks like I now have a full barrage team to level up.

YzUqutll.jpg

4400 lapis left, I'm done pulling until Cecil rate up (for real this time)

Seeing posts about YOLO pulls I decided to use a ticket and got a 4* Lenna! She was the unit I really wanted to get on this banner and finally got her on my 14th pull on it. Now to decide if I want to pull on the next banner or not. It's the FFIX one next right or is that just speculation?

Seeing posts about YOLO pulls I decided to use a ticket and got a 4* Lenna! She was the unit I really wanted to get on this banner and finally got her on my 14th pull on it. Now to decide if I want to pull on the next banner or not. It's the FFIX one next right or is that just speculation?

Its looking like it will be a FFIX banner, new units, not sure about rate ups for Kuja or Zidane.

Valentus

So because it looks like im a fucking whale (lol) i was tempted to try the 10+1 summon.

My guaranteed yellow was indeed a rainbow.... Garland... Didnt have it, so i was happy.

The rest well...

im baffled that i got not only one cerius (that i didnt have) but i got two!! lol... well, miracle shoes here i go!

Was a fun and expensive experiment, but please my fellow gaffers, dont summon yet.

Kouriozan

Hehe, would not have been a true 11 pulls without Shadow.
Gratz on Garland, he's joining my team back once his 6* is released.
What a FUN game you're going to be playing.
Well, I already completed all the challenges so far, reminds me we should get the 3rd trial soon.
I started playing at the soft launch, nowadays I'm just grinding ranks/magicites/TMs until new content comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom