• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCIE

Banned
Xion, in all honesty I've given up on the idea of having a tank unit for quite awhile. My pulls are heavy on the physical damage dealers, with some magic to boot, so I am adapting. I could run a variety of units into my lineup, especially after the week is over.

I'm just stacking up on HP+10%, to add HP to Vaan who is my pseudo-tank (Almost 4K HP with a couple of HP+10%'s...). Could do so as well with Garland, but I like the idea of him having Ifrit, and providing almost as much firepower as Chizuru. However, Garland is currently on the bench until six-star status hits, and I am experimenting with Bartz and Firion in the lineup. Bartz is very under-whelming currently, but he will shine at 6*. And I am thinking heavily about pairing Firion with the upcoming Bow, and seeing how that works for now.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
The numbers make sense to do your Tank pulls now. As more people get added the chances of getting your WoL or Cecil or even Leo drop. Why wait when the pool is bigger?

I'll agree with this to an extent. Right now, you have a banner for the 2nd best tank in Japan, and Cecil as a regular 3. These will only get harder to pull normally.

But there is also the looming 24 hour pulls with Cecil coming up too.

There will also be plenty of other tanks added in like Snow and Charotte. One coming with Lightning and one coming with the FFXIII Banner. I don't think the odds of pulling a tank will decrease, but rather you do have your best odds now to pull one of the two best.

CCIE

Banned
Shintoki - I used ALL of my tickets chasing WoL, and I'm just now building them back up (back to six). I got some great units out of my pulls, including Vaan. I also pulled both of the other banner characters.
Oh, and cash too... when you pull that many times without getting the character, it isn't meant to be

Sometimes you have to know when to quit and fight another day. I will wait for a future rate-up on Cecil who is only a three-star and should be MUCH easier to pull.

H3xum

Somebody save me from H3xum! (Scarlett managed to stop me from pulling more :p).

Sorry haha =\

Look at it this way. If you want to wait til 6*, Rain is a really good alternative to a tank with all of his debuffs and general high defense

Then you can save your tickets for some other goobers that will be undoubtedly frustrating to pull

Valentus

CCIE , you have to be Happy you have bartz. He in 6th form has sacrifice, a skill that replenish a unir full of hp/mp and he dies.

The trick is that you can replenish your black/White mage of mp with this and then your White mage cast raise on him.

Oh but you say " but that turn my White mage will lose her turn casting raise on bartz! And my bartz will be weak because raise only revives with 30℅ hp!"

....well, here is a hint: DUALCAST

So be very Happy everyone that has a bartz and a White mage with raise

Kouriozan

The numbers make sense to do your Tank pulls now. As more people get added the chances of getting your WoL or Cecil or even Leo drop. Why wait when the pool is bigger?

Yeah, next time you get a rainbow, it might be Lightning instead of WoL/Cecil ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Or not, still wish you guys the best of luck!
Sometimes you have to know when to quit and fight another day. I will wait for a future rate-up on Cecil who is only a three-star and should be MUCH easier to pull.

That's a wise decision, and yes Vaan is really amazing with Full Break, Rain will get a slightly better version at 6* (just 10% more damage) but that's so far away still.

Lyrian

Does deprotect stack with armor break? Gotta make up for the lack of a full break char the best I can ;_;

Negative. They have the same effect (lower defense), so they do not stack. One is the spell version of defense reduction, while the other is the physical ability version of the same debuff.

CCIE

Banned
Valentus - thanks for the tip. I'd heard he gets better at six star, and I actually have two of him. Just the second is at the bottom of the level-up list... Hopefully down the line I can get Refia, because as far as I know Lenna doesn't have Raise. I may have to go searching for a better healer...

Valentus

Valentus - thanks for the tip. I'd heard he gets better at six star, and I actually have two of him. Just the second is at the bottom of the level-up list... Hopefully down the line I can get Refia, because as far as I know Lenna doesn't have Raise. I may have to go searching for a better healer...

Garnet Will work because she have raise.

But Refia will work even better because she have Araise (revive with 100% HP) The Refia / Bartz combo es very well known in JPBE, and with dualcast is very killer for survival.

CCIE

Banned
I'll definitely pull for Refia then, because her banner has a lot of units on it I wouldn't mind, and as much as I love FFIX, Lenna is better than Garnett for me ...

I'll also pull the Lightning banner for Ludmille, or whatever they are calling the DC mage

Lyrian

Ding dong, the crafting demons are gone! No more crappy grinding for copper ore and lumber anymore.

All crafting trophies achieved :)

46 down, 24 to go.
Somebody save me from this madness....

Xion86

Ding dong, the crafting demons are gone! No more crappy grinding for copper ore and lumber anymore.

46 down, 24 to go.

Damn!! Nice one :D must have taken so long!! 1000 for each type?!

Folstern

46 down, 24 to go.
Grats! I am only up to around 200 for each at the moment.

Edit: When is the FP Summon changing back to the normal one? I have no need of cactuars or those gold units!

Lyrian

Damn!! Nice one :D must have taken so long!! 1000 for each type?!

CCIE said:
Damn, Lyrian... congrats!! I'm only about halfway done with those

Folstern said:
Grats! I am only up to around 200 for each at the moment.

Thanks!

Forging was the worst by far (doubly so when crafting slots are tied up with Hero Rings). So many resources needed for Forging, that you can can only get through collection points. At least for Abilities and Items, you can ask for the needed crysts. Also, it badly sucks that there is no fast recipe that uses silver ore that piles up from PF runs.

Only one major sink trophy remains, item use. I've already told myself that I'm not going to rush through that one for sanity's sake.

Outside of a few more trophies that should naturally land in the next week (silver colloseum, esper use from the Rydia project), there are not trophies left for me to reasonably obtain that doesn't involve months of waiting.

Lyrian

Potentially noteworthy:

Reddit grumblings are claiming that JP has announced 6* Lenna. Sprite pictures

Anyone on JP that can verify this? (Claim is apprarently secondhand sourced from Altema)

CCIE

Banned
Woohoo! Give her Raise, and I am sitting pretty decently... I still believe Vaan is going to get a sixth star, as will Terra, and Kefka. Zidane or Kuja should but my only issue is the FFIX characters are all not very powerful in the current state.

GRATS Lyrian you absolute maniac!

Can't wait for Refia to drop; she and Bartz must be TOGETHAAAAA

Meanwhile Ex-Death in the back row:

dancepuppetsdancegeoffrey.gif

CCIE

Banned
If Lenna really is getting a 6*, Kuja and Vaan fans should be happy. I pulled Garland the week before he was announced as getting a 6*, and Lenna last week. I also pulled Vaan and Kuja last week... so maybe

NomarTyme

I still contemplating whether to fuse Kefka for 1 ribbon or not. Look like the future units have immunity, so maybe I can anyway with one? Damn the Malboro haunts my dreams though.

Slaythe

Started intense grinding TMs.

5% on Golbez's meteor the first day, I'm happy with that.

Got Kuja up to 8%+ , Shantotto around 5%.

I threw in Luna for Barrage and Galuf for Comet.

Xion86

Got Tellah's and Leena's TMs today after getting so many of them this banner (no farming, literally instant fusing!) :( can't believe I didn't get at least one Warrior of Light, such a stupidly low percentage, and my luck must be one of the worst on this thread for getting him lol (considering how many tickets I went through).

Got Tellah's and Leena's TMs today after getting so many of them this banner (no farming, literally instant fusing!) :( can't believe I didn't get at least one Warrior of Light, such a stupidly low percentage, and my luck must be one of the worst on this thread for getting him lol (considering how many tickets I went through).

Her Rod is amazing!! GRATS!

HA. ROD

scarlet

Reading all of your TM progresses. I envy you guys :(

I don't even know what to do now. Farming for Ramuh, TM, or leveling my rank.

Speaking of Lenna TMs, I wonder if I should fuse some of mines when they get high enough TM to get her rod. I got 7 of her and I doubt I will need 7 rods.

Eidjinn

This game is kinda crazy: all the TM and rare units... and I'll probably never feel like I'm overpowered.

You got the sword... but you do not have the right unit...
You have the right unit... but you need another unit's TM...
You have a good team... but you do not have a good team enough to beat the next trials...

Just to know/be prepared: when will things really be crazy difficult? Trial 5 or 6?

So... 3 months ahead, maybe?

Kouriozan

Just to know/be prepared: when will things really be crazy difficult? Trial 5 or 6?

Crazy difficult would be Gilgamesh in like 5 months (and then Dark Ifrit/Siren), if you got some units that can be 6*, and a good enough healer/tank, everything should be doable.
Of course, all trials will require different strategy.

I'm looking at which characters will get their 6* awakening upgrade first, it should be Cecil first, then CoD 3 weeks after, Bartz and Exdeath another 3 weeks later.
I really need a Cecil rates up banner.
Of course Gumi could decide to not follow JP's schedule, like they already did multiple time.

Zhadgon

So today I got my Locke to lv 80 and my CoD to lv 74 which of this units should be my leader?

And right now I am leveling up Kefka and Lenna, Kefka is in Lv 52 with 4* star and Lenna is still in Lv 26 with 3* star.

I still have problem with Europa and the Dark Chimera in Farplane.

.n_n.

jwhit28

I used my ticket today and blue crystal...
"Oh boy here we go".
Tellah-5.png

Doesn't really fit the team composition I'm going for since I got Firion, Vaan for Full Break, and Lenna for Cheer, I need some more physical damage. I became a little impatient and do a Lapis roll and blue cryst-, wait changes to yellow! THIS IS IT WARRIOR OF LI-
Edgar-4.png

"I hate this game, I'm spending all of my Lapis and giving up". Roll again, blue crystal -> yellow crystal again. No not this time, no hype.
Cloud_of_Darkness-5.png

"I guess I'll keep playing a little more".

CCIE

Banned
5% TM in one day HAS to be some kind of record. That is crazy - I got around 3% grinding ALL DAY LONG this weekend. CONGRATS!

I'm leveling Kuja now, and will set up my nightly TMR run in a few hours ... After tonight I hope to be a little over 20% on Kefka, Luna, and Chiz. Started Shatotto and Bartz just this weekend so they are only around 10%

5% in one day...

leehom

5% TM in one day HAS to be some kind of record. That is crazy - I got around 3% grinding ALL DAY LONG this weekend. CONGRATS!

I'm leveling Kuja now, and will set up my nightly TMR run in a few hours ... After tonight I hope to be a little over 20% on Kefka, Luna, and Chiz. Started Shatotto and Bartz just this weekend so they are only around 10%

5% in one day...
5% is really good. I usually get 2-3%.

Valentus

This game is kinda crazy: all the TM and rare units... and I'll probably never feel like I'm overpowered.

You got the sword... but you do not have the right unit...
You have the right unit... but you need another unit's TM...
You have a good team... but you do not have a good team enough to beat the next trials...

Trial 2-2 Great Demon is when things starts to get spicy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3JKtP4B9Xw

Thats because the trial are 5 battles to clear

But because Gumi is so fucked up that gives us units before content, its more likely that we got lightning and the Tactics units before trial 2-2 and so this trial will be a piece of cake probably too.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Went in the wrong summon by mistake.

Got Tellah.

Said fuck it.

Got Lenna.

-_-

I guess I just need to summon by mistake now. It clearly worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom