• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yogg

I just used my daily ticket and got a 3* Celes. I'm fine with that. That's a pretty good TM to add to the TM backlog.

Xion86

Why does this game crash so much?

What do I do with all these duplicate characters?

It's crashing a lot more on iOS now than it used to. For the duplicate characters which don't have really good Trust Mastery rewards, you confuse them together or level them up / awaken them to sell them if you need the Gil.

broz0rs

Good lord the Chizuru in my friends list got even stronger...

1TnOGdY.png

Trivializes everything in the game lol. FYI the katanas are TM rewards for Miyuki, so this person mastered two of them.

Xion86

Good lord the Chizuru in my friends list got even stronger

Trivializes everything in the game lol. FYI the katanas are TM rewards for Miyuki, so this person mastered two of them.

Holy crap that's insane!

So what's this I'm hearing about a Cecil rate up?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Hmm...thanks to the Summer Bundle and the tickets we got i was able to pull Kefka two days ago and Bartz today on my more or less abandoned first account.

Not having a Top Tier Mage and/or a Barrage user were the reason why i dumped the acc in the first place lol....weird having them now. Probably will have to keep him around a bit longer then.

PS: Good that they finally acknowledged the iOS issues - hope it gets fixed quick.

Hmm...thanks to the Summer Bundle and the tickets we got i was able to pull Kefka two days ago and Bartz today on my more or less abandoned first account.

Not having a Top Tier Mage and/or a Barrage user were the reason why i dumped the acc in the first place lol....weird having them now. Probably will have to keep him around a bit longer then.

PS: Good that they finally acknowledged the iOS issues - hope it gets fixed quick.

You damn right lol

leehom

Also disappointed about Kain and especially Shadow as he was an all time favorite character for me. Shadow and Kain were the greatest characters for me.

As far as villains, I loved Sephiroth and Kefka.

High five, they are the best villains in the FF universe. Shadow is great in FF3. I was looking forward to him until I found out he's probably one of the worst characters you can get, lol.

Heng

Man you really make me want to pull... >.<

Xion86

I'm trying hard not to buy some lapis to have a final try at Warrior of Light before the banner ends haha. I don't think I'll get far though due to the percentage chance being so low.

Anyway, current goal is to get Garland to 80 :)

Had my first try at Frost Dragon yesterday, got him to around 20%, Kefka became useless when he ran out of MP fairly quick (sorry Chilly), and then just had weak attack moves left from Rain and Lasswell, and was running low on MP for Cure spells.

Adeptrain

Hi all,
I just started playing this game today and am looking to add people on my friends list. I'm playing this and Mobius, but I'm enjoying Exvius more. Anyway, I'm reading up on the game and learning what to do little by little. One question I had is how should I spend $50 of google play I have on my account? This game has a ton of bundles and ways to spend money and I don't want to waste my balance. Any suggestions?

Oh! and my ID is: 196,906,648

wilstreak

Hi all,
I just started playing this game today and am looking to add people on my friends list. I'm playing this and Mobius, but I'm enjoying Exvius more. Anyway, I'm reading up on the game and learning what to do little by little. One question I had is how should I spend $50 of google play I have on my account? This game has a ton of bundles and ways to spend money and I don't want to waste my balance. Any suggestions?

Oh! and my ID is: 196,906,648

Don't buy any item bundle, that's for sure.
Just buy some lapis or if you have enough for summer bundle (300 lapis per day), then you can save it for later.

Xion86

I JUST WENT AND PULLED WARRIOR OF LIGHT!!!! (4*) (single 500 lapis ticket). Hold me. I can't explain how I'm feeling haha :D :eek: (I'm so sorry CCIE :(). Got a screenshot on my phone. I'll be putting him up as my new shared hero instead of Kefka.

Done.

scarlet

I JUST WENT AND PULLED WARRIOR OF LIGHT!!!! (4*) (single 500 lapis ticket). Hold me. I can't explain how I'm feeling haha :D :eek: (I'm so sorry CCIE :(). Got a screenshot on my phone. I'll be putting him up as my new shared hero instead of Kefka.

Done.

vbwTTIV.gif

Congrats!!

Celegus

Done.

post-43991-hell-its-about-time-gif-Imgur-4XAw.gif

Don't get any ideas CCIE.

Adeptrain

Don't buy any item bundle, that's for sure.
Just buy some lapis or if you have enough for summer bundle (300 lapis per day), then you can save it for later.

Hmm,
Should I just buy some lapis and do a pull or two then? Also, if I get some 3 or 4 stars, should I switch out the two main characters and not bother to raise them up?

Kouriozan

Done.
Damn dude, gratz and welcome to the club x)
At this point I'm believing we're sucking the luck of other people.

Xion86

Thank you! (Spent too much on this banner and the Chiz one, but now I feel satisfied with my team, especially as I didn't re-roll at all since launch so started out slow. So I'm defiantly done with getting any lapis to try for more pulls, and going to enjoy what the game has to offer for many months to come!). Oh and I hate Lightning as a character too, so not bothered about when she arrives haha.

Now time to level up Warrior of Light, then take on the Frost Dragon.

Think I'll use Cloud of Darkness, Kefka, Warrior of Light, Leena and Garland.

leehom

Done.
Cheers! Which banner? I really need full break and will yoLo pull a couple of tickets before the rate up is over.

Xion86

Cheers! Which banner? I really need full break and will yoLo pull a couple of tickets before the rate up is over.

Featured Banner, single pulls. Can't remember how many I tried for as I wasn't counting, I only had around 5 pulls left until I was empty.

scarlet

Thank you! (Spent too much on this banner and the Chiz one, but now I feel satisfied with my team, especially as I didn't re-roll at all since launch so started out slow. So I'm defiantly done with getting any lapis to try for more pulls, and going to enjoy what the game has to offer for many months to come!). Oh and I hate Lightning as a character too, so not bothered about when she arrives haha.

Tips for frost dargon

Equip Lenna with black choker, so she can cure confuse status with esuna.
+ 1st turn Lenna Cheer, WoL fullbreak, CoD barrage, Kefka hyperdive
+ 2nd turn WoL use provoke from golem and you're basically already win.

Im at 10 tickets through the summer bundles

Save them or burn them?!

I'd say save, unless you really want WoL

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Man you really make me want to pull... >.<

Doooont !!!

I only pulled on that acc because i dont really care lol - also i didnt have WoL or Lenna so i just went for it.

I would only pull if you really need/want WoL and/or Lenna. But still limit yourself to max 5 pulls or so per Gacha so you can save again for the upcoming Top Tiers.

Done.
Awesome, congrats !!

wilstreak

Welcome to Exclusive WoL owner Club!!

Congrats for the pull.

I seriously though that near the end of the banner, the rate got boosted more.
Many people got Chizuru one day before her banner ends.
My WoL just arrive 2 days ago.

Hmm,
Should I just buy some lapis and do a pull or two then? Also, if I get some 3 or 4 stars, should I switch out the two main characters and not bother to raise them up?

how many lapis you have right now?
the summer bundle would last around 3 more days if i m not mistaken and including today, you need 1200 lapis to take advantage of it. There is daily free 100 lapis for this month if you are still early in the game, completing story mission will give you more lapis.

I say just save up your balance when you think that this game is really for you.

That depends on what unit you pull. Look at here
https://exviuswiki.com/Unit_Rankings

as long as the unit that you pull can be awakened to 5 star and it has rating 7.0 or greater, then it can be a great alternative to yout MC.

And don't worry about rarity. It is better to pull 3* character like Vaan or Exdeath than pulling 4* like Shadow or Sabin. The only character with base 4* right now is Chizuru and Warrior of Light (so count yourself lucky if you somehow get one of them).

Slaythe

Remember I pulled 10 times and got NOTHING of worth.

And I'm not like one of those "pff i only got Firion and Lenna out of it". I really got nothing, Kains galore. =(

Do not pull people unless WOL if your fav.

Learn from my mistake.

bonkeng

Done.

Congratz man. Well deserved, and welcome to the club.

Xion86

Tips for frost dargon

Equip Lenna with black choker, so she can cure confuse status with esuna.
+ 1st turn Lenna Cheer, WoL fullbreak, CoD barrage, Kefka hyperdive
+ 2nd turn WoL use provoke from golem and you're basically already win.

Oh right, thanks for those tips, I'll definitely try that out then. I was using Cheer, barrage and Hyperdrive currently, but eventually got to a point where Kefka ran out of MP and Rain/Lasswell were just not dealing enough to bring him down quick enough before Leena ran out of MP. But my new team will bring the pain. Got Cloud of Darkness to 80 so that's out the way.

scarlet

Oh right, thanks for those tips, I'll definitely try that out then. I was using Cheer, barrage and Hyperdrive currently, but eventually got to a point where Kefka ran out of MP and Rain/Lasswell were just not dealing enough to bring him down quick enough before Leena ran out of MP. But my new team will bring the pain. Got Cloud of Darkness to 80 so that's out the way.

Fullbreak is the key. Remember it only last for 3 turns.

Rixa

Pulled Galuf, he has now 20% TM. Still few days tix to burn to this event. I wont bother to save them for later use :p.

Dragner

According to Altema lighning isnt top tier anymore. She will destroy all the global content for some time but new 6* are outclassing her apparently.

Orlandu is the real deal now.

Valentus

What top tier units are coming besides lightning and do any of them have full break?

I don't know what kind of hero gilgamesh is but I'm going to go for him because I love the lore.

Rain 6star has full break and is a pretty good unit.

Besides that, Agrias has full break, but is only upgradeable to 5star

and gilgamesh is a fucking beast.

Dragner

What makes Orlandu the real deal?

He has the best dps apparently. And holy attacks that you can boost with a relatively easy to get excalibur from Cecil TM. Also good AOE attacks. Idk the details but he is the only one from the god tiers that retain his 98/100, gilgamesh dropped to 97 and light to 95.

I mean

you can look up the units on the wiki and see their skills

Honestly most 6-star units have ridiculous utility

Its kind of scary since it looks like we are going to reach end game level gameplay relatively quickly

Like where do you go from there? Most Jrpgs end at this point and with this kind of turn based gameplay there is only so far you can go before shit gets ridiculous. You end up losing most of the Meta-Game to min max strategies and bosses with massive HP pools and one hit kills

What sucks is that if you are F2Play and not grinding TM rewards you are in for a rough ride?

Maybe not but we should also be trying to find effective builds and strategies for players that arent about to grind a bunch of Dual wield materias.... like me

Valentus

That's why there's like 0,5% of chance of getting a orlandu or a tidus or a gilgamesh WITH RATES UP.

Its not that easy even for a whale to get a party of Orlandu, Gilgamesh, Warrior of Light, Tilith and Tidus

I would like to see if we can challenge ourselves to beat content with low end builds

It should be doable right? Having the entire group chase TM's like Rixa does.... thats only going to minimize our little community

I appreciate you guys doing the hardcore stuff to give us an amazing friend summon though lol

Dragner

You will be able to beat everything with base 3*. Yeah you will have to work more on TMs because you wont have awesome units with base dual wield but it is doable. Everybody should get a team of 6* just by pulling naturally as time goes on.

A good example of build your own orlandu character is Firion that has a lot of killer materias and weapon masterys. Just give him dual wield with 2 good TM weapon for stacking bonuses and watch him melt bosses.

You will be able to beat everything with base 3*. Yeah you will have to work more on TMs because you wont have awesome units with base dual wield but it is doable. Everybody should get a team of 6* just by pulling naturally as time goes on.

I mean I imagine ill get several TMs just form natural play and frequent pulls eventually

But there seems to be zero focus on anything that isn't crazy grinding and min/maxing

This game clearly give strategic options but the focus is more on grinding for easy mode

I get it I just hope there are some savvy players getting by these challenges with Natural play

Tough balance when you have a game where you have to consider crazy grinders and whales

Zhadgon

Kefka! He's awesome against 90% of colosseum! The other bosses are beatable by using one Vaan with Full break (40% more damage!) and spamming Kefka's Hyperdrive!
Cod's barrage helps... a lot.

Well thanks for the advice, today I pull because of the bundle ticket for 300 lapis, was trying to get a god damn tank (Cecil, Leo or WoL) and guess what did I pull... a Vaan.

I know Vaan is awesome right now does he still rank well in JP?

.n_n.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom