• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilstreak

Well thanks for the advice, today I pull because of the bundle ticket for 300 lapis, was trying to get a god damn tank (Cecil, Leo or WoL) and guess what did I pull... a Vaan.

I know Vaan is awesome right now does he still rank well in JP?

.n_n.

unfortunately he still doesn't have 6* form.
Congrats for him

Falk

that puzzling face
Tell Apple to fix your garbage phones ;)

In the professional world conditions aren't always ideal.

A good employee learns how to function in a non-ideal situation.

Kain did not adapt and we will not be working with him again.

edit: just went thru my list of other physical damage dealers and i actually dont have anyone better j/k about firing kain

Celegus

Zidane rate up but nothing else good... Hrmph. Not sure if I should even bother or hope for a zidane only rate up someday. I already have 2 Kuja so I don't need him.

Yogg

I'm not too sure about pulling from this new banner. Sure I'd like one or two zidanes, but that's from 5 characters on the banner, and the 4 others don't interest me at all.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I mean I imagine ill get several TMs just form natural play and frequent pulls eventually

But there seems to be zero focus on anything that isn't crazy grinding and min/maxing

This game clearly give strategic options but the focus is more on grinding for easy mode

I get it I just hope there are some savvy players getting by these challenges with Natural play

Tough balance when you have a game where you have to consider crazy grinders and whales

I'll have to disagree to this. The entire game is based around luck. The quality of your pulls dictate how the game will be and where you will hit the wall at.

Natural play is more akin to getting lucky. Can I beat the Frost Dragon? Yes, have I? No. Why, because it is entirely dependent on if I get lucky with status effects applying to him. Some times I go in there and waste the first 3 to 4 turns trying to get something on him.

This isn't natural progression, its pure RNG.

The natural progression would be a continual stream of solid upgrades, minimizing that luck factor out of the equation where proper preparation and strategy could override the lack of ideal units. But these games are not designed around giving you those units unless you spend or get very lucky in your pulls.

The only other option is avoid paying is to crazy grind. Which paid players can skip in favor of quick returns.

Coppanuva

Guess I'll pull a few times hoping for Zidane on this banner. Already have Kuja and Vivi though... not sure it's worth it right now. Hmm...

Rixa

Thanks guys, wasn't sure if I should or not. Definitely will do that now :).

On another note is it worth pulling at all in the ff9 banner?

People are pulling for Zidane. Specifically Zidanes TM. There are few problems:

- That banner sucks
- You need to pull Zidane
- Then you need somehow to grind Zidanes TM (good luck for that...)

1. Most of those units arent even fillers in main party, so if you are lacking good units, dont pull.
2.If you have decent party and you are wanting TM grind, try to pull Zidane.

Valonquar

Currently grinding 2 Zidanes already...a 3rd might be nice for future physical team stuff. Already have to do at least 3 full groups of TM grinds as it is, so I'm sure I could squeeze in another Zidane in the grind pile eventually.

Valentus

I wouldnt count on the zidane-only banner.

And this banner is for one week only, so the week after for certain we will got garnet - freya and 2 BE new units (or just garnet / freya and amarant / lani again)

The thing that confuses me is that the banners says that only zidane-kuja-vivi has rates up... it looks like that amarant and she-shadow doesnt have rates up.... weird.

Weird banner definitely skipping although I would like a Zidane or two to farm TM but I'm good. Also sidenote as I was walking through my parking lot at work today I saw someone with a license plate that said "Chizuru" I had a good chuckle at that.

H3xum

Boo. Boo this banner.

Ah well. I think the only banner I really am longing for at this point is a 24h Cecil, which I flipping hope we get since JP did. Oh, and
where is my Squall. WHERE IS HE I WANT HIM

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
So on the ult account I made for fun, I did the summer roll for today.

Chizuru.

In 6 rolls, I'm at Chizuru, CoD, Firion, and Garland.

LOL

Dawg

Mehhh.

Cp_Pd7nWgAA1om_.jpg

Maledict

I refuse to pull on this banner. Along with Bedile I've had more copies of Vivi than any other hero. God knows how many I'd get with him boosted.

It's a shame because he looks cool, but his Trust Mastery sucks and his 4 star limit is a killer.

Please help, I need advise for my front row party member. I have:

Edgar
Garland
Locke
Cyan
Galuf

All 4 stars, but Edgar is gonna be 5 in no time. Who should I prioritize?

Edit: welp,it seems everyone is maxed at 4 stars besides Garland.

CCIE

Banned
Wow, I would possibly use the other account. If it had WoL I definitely would. They said FPx5 was extended to Friday, but beware! I didn't see it when I went to grind more TM, still at FP+10.

Xion - congrats on WoL. I might try to pull for him again tomorrow before the banner ends. I'm just so conflicted since I already have max Vaan on my team. Zidane looks like he may be difficult to pull. so I may just skip that banner after all. I already have a 5* Kuja, and Vivi, so he's the only unit worth caring about on that banner currently

I might do some re-rolls today for fun while grinding ADV Vortex. And if that account is able to pull WoL, CoD, etc... I might have some thinking to do.

Pejo

I wouldnt count on the zidane-only banner.

And this banner is for one week only, so the week after for certain we will got garnet - freya and 2 BE new units (or just garnet / freya and amarant / lani again)

The thing that confuses me is that the banners says that only zidane-kuja-vivi has rates up... it looks like that amarant and she-shadow doesnt have rates up.... weird.

Lol this got me good.

After this WoL rate up is done, I will have no problems hanging on to my tickets/lapis, but dammit if I don't just throw my tickets away day after day while there's still a chance. Today I got a duplicate Vaan. Why game, why!

bonkeng

Lol this got me good.

After this WoL rate up is done, I will have no problems hanging on to my tickets/lapis, but dammit if I don't just throw my tickets away day after day while there's still a chance. Today I got a duplicate Vaan. Why game, why!

Dupe Vaan is still better than Shadow's troupe (Penelo Sabin etc).

At least you'll get 2 Maximillan for it lol.

CCIE

Banned
Yeah, rerolling isn't for me. Out of three rolls, absolute garbage. To spend my tickets or not? That is the question... I'm leaning towards not. Maybe I should get my hubby to pull for me

leehom

Yeah, rerolling isn't for me. Out of three rolls, absolute garbage. To spend my tickets or not? That is the question... I'm leaning towards not. Maybe I should get my hubby to pull for me
Yolo. If you don't get a good pull, write a letter to Drake.

Pejo

So general consensus seems to be that this upcoming event dungeon isn't worth it. Supposedly the 2 battle abilities are fairly meh, and the HP+15% is really hard to get, due to it being tied to a rare encounter with a rare drop chance.

Think I'll just keep grinding levels and magicite.

CCIE

Banned
Wow, they are freaking out over on Reddit about the new banner. Basically don't trust any of the data mined banners while planning your pulls. I have to agree with that sentiment. Our banners have all been a little bit different to date - this one is WAY different. I'll probably watch people pull on the next banner, and then decide whether to spend a few tickets looking for Zidane right before the banner ends. Also get a chance to see what is coming after that. And I'm not going to pull on the current banner again. YOLO pull or not, I'm letting WoL go...

He simply doesn't love me.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Booyah bitches. Frost Dragon Down and I didn't need to change up my mine at all. Only thing I did was get Shiva for Kefka and changed up the Strat a bit.

It seems like it is easier to apply a debuff as the game goes on, rather than trying to do it to begin with. When you start, all I did was typically waste MP and my first 3 turns.

Changed it up to, burst his ass down for the first three rounds, then worry about chaining debuffs. Put him on silence, then Paralysis.

It's good to know it is easier to debuff as they get damaged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom