• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kouriozan

So general consensus seems to be that this upcoming event dungeon isn't worth it. Supposedly the 2 battle abilities are fairly meh, and the HP+15% is really hard to get, due to it being tied to a rare encounter with a rare drop chance.

Think I'll just keep grinding levels and magicite.
The event might have been modified for Global, just like Demons Unleashed and Land of Plenty.
I'd say wait and see.

CCIE

Banned
I don't know - running the event for gigantuars, star quartz, and elixirs doesn't sound that bad to me. And the HP+15% will be a bitch to get, of course. But seriously, if you are trying to level units in the ADV Vortex this might actually be a better use of time and energy. I agree with wait and see...

I don't know - running the event for gigantuars, star quartz, and elixirs doesn't sound that bad to me. And the HP+15% will be a bitch to get, of course. But seriously, if you are trying to level units in the ADV Vortex this might actually be a better use of time and energy. I agree with wait and see...

I guess it depends on how many materials and gigantaurs you can get because Im always in need of those fuckers

Booyah bitches. Frost Dragon Down and I didn't need to change up my mine at all. Only thing I did was get Shiva for Kefka and changed up the Strat a bit.

It seems like it is easier to apply a debuff as the game goes on, rather than trying to do it to begin with. When you start, all I did was typically waste MP and my first 3 turns.

Changed it up to, burst his ass down for the first three rounds, then worry about chaining debuffs. Put him on silence, then Paralysis.

It's good to know it is easier to debuff as they get damaged.

Grats shin!!! You too Joey!!

Yeah I could give two shits about that expedition, what's of real import is Kuja drop rate up!!!!!!!!

YAAASSSS

Heng

nQTPORp.jpg
Aw yeah! I'm going to take a break from TM farming and start working on my Espers/rank levels for a few weeks.

CCIE

Banned
Chilly's going to have a new favorite mage! I love Kuja - mine is at L70, and he seems powerful enough. Slaythe, what are the stats on your maxed one? I probably would have pulled the next banner if I didn't already have Kuja. But seriously, the only ones I want are Amarant, and Zidane. Not sure if it is worth it when I already have Kuja and Vivi.

Lani is going to rain from the skies for everyone that pulls. Her and Vivi both

CCIE

Banned
Leehorn, you aren't the only one. I was planning on being in the ADV Vortex anyway, so this just might be a great alternative. I'm interested to see the specs on this one. Supposedly the bosses are kind of tough, so I will be bringing my REAL party to this dance

Dragner

Wow, they are freaking out over on Reddit about the new banner. Basically don't trust any of the data mined banners while planning your pulls. I have to agree with that sentiment. Our banners have all been a little bit different to date - this one is WAY different. I'll probably watch people pull on the next banner, and then decide whether to spend a few tickets looking for Zidane right before the banner ends. Also get a chance to see what is coming after that. And I'm not going to pull on the current banner again. YOLO pull or not, I'm letting WoL go...

He simply doesn't love me.

WoL come back on his 6* banner, probably a better time to get him, you will be better getting Cecil that will come probably next month with his 6* form. You can have both eventually, and both are compatible.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I won't be investing in the FFIX Banner. Honestly, the only thing I need from it would be Zidanne for stealing and TM. The other 4 units are pointless to me.

Leehorn, you aren't the only one. I was planning on being in the ADV Vortex anyway, so this just might be a great alternative. I'm interested to see the specs on this one. Supposedly the bosses are kind of tough, so I will be bringing my REAL party to this dance

No no, he's the only one :)

Well I really like Kuja and I do hope that he gets a 6* cause his kit is...lacking, to say the least >.>

they improved the Receive All function for friend gifts. Before, it would crash anytime I did so with over 30something gifts. Today I had 50 and it worked fine. I'll have to test it with more tomorrow.
I've used it now with over 99 gifts to collect and had no crashes whatsoever. Also, I no longer get debilitating lag during exploration maps.

All I have to say is:
eChzs0C.jpg

CCIE

Banned
Dragner - that is the way I'm looking at it. I simply CRUSHED the Frost Dragon after adding Lenna and Vaan to my existing good characters, so I don't need WoL right now. Maybe down the road, he will grow to love me. And Cecil may just be the tank for me. You never know...

I'm excited for some more advanced content, and if there are gigantuars in the event, with star quartz as well? Yeah, I'll participate. I already have 35 Elixirs from stealing in the Colosseum, so I'm in pretty decent shape. I was just going to be leveling in the ADV Vortex anyway...

And ExDeath LB is what is crashing my game on IOS... It happened to me three times this morning when I was farming for Megacrysts with Rixa's ExDeath.

Xion86

Wow, I would possibly use the other account. If it had WoL I definitely would. They said FPx5 was extended to Friday, but beware! I didn't see it when I went to grind more TM, still at FP+10.

Xion - congrats on WoL. I might try to pull for him again tomorrow before the banner ends. I'm just so conflicted since I already have max Vaan on my team. Zidane looks like he may be difficult to pull. so I may just skip that banner after all. I already have a 5* Kuja, and Vivi, so he's the only unit worth caring about on that banner currently

I might do some re-rolls today for fun while grinding ADV Vortex. And if that account is able to pull WoL, CoD, etc... I might have some thinking to do.

Thank you! Couldn't believe it, I'm finally free haha. Just need to max out my team now. Give it one last go before the banner ends, then skip the next few banners. Best of luck. Your team still kicks ass anyway, especially with Vaan.

CCIE

Banned
Making the care for Kuja...

His kit is lacking, according to many. However, I'm not sure I agree. Every mage is lacking something. Kefka is missing Firaga. ExDeath cannot equip robes. Golbez can't either, and is also missing elements. Terra is missing multiple elements, and cannot equip robes. If Tellah had boosted stats he'd be pretty damn great - love his LB.

Kuja is missing some elements, but has HIGH MAG, Graviga, and Absorb MP. Plus, he's just better looking than all of the others. I've currently sidelined Kefka to play with him instead, and I actually like him more.

So, Kuja is king on my team! Unless I run into a boss that is immune to Lightning, and then he'll be sidelined for a bit

Kouriozan

I wish I'd posted immediately. :(

Thanks for the heads up, though. If it ever happens again I'll know better.
It happened to me once, I claimd like 30 NRG and it didn't go overlimit (at soft launch), closed the game and when I went back, all the message was unclaimed.
Sometime I also manage my team, switch equips and all, close the game and when I get back I have to do it again because I didn't click another menu x)

Lyrian

So general consensus seems to be that this upcoming event dungeon isn't worth it. Supposedly the 2 battle abilities are fairly meh, and the HP+15% is really hard to get, due to it being tied to a rare encounter with a rare drop chance.

There is a whole lot of kneejerking going on in the Reddit atm over this event. People proclaiming the end of the world, dogs and cats living together, Exdeath, Kuja, and Emperor trysts, and all that nonsense.

In reality, people are pissed off because they believe the event is going to be similar to the demon heart event from last week, which is not that far from the truth. However, in this event (if it follows JP), insane quantities of materials are replaced with rare drop rates and low material requirements.

Just like the gravity rod, all of these rewards are incremental upgrades. Reddit is pissed off because the event is not handing out "I win" buttons to everyone on easy mode. The jewel of the event is the craftable HP +15% ability/materia, which requires farming a boss that is roughly as difficult as Demon Chimera (stats, resists, HP pool, etc). The kicker here is that the boss is only weak against earth and practically immune to everything else. So, the boss can either be burnt through extreme physical DPS (barrage, etc), or you can farm/craft multiple Stonra Blades to give everyone an ability that the boss is weak against (not that Reddit would ever think of that, all they are bitching about is why Stonra Blade is not AoE).

Should be an interesting event, at least for experimentation purposes. I can see myself farming at least 1 HP materia, depending on how rare the drops are. That said, if the drop is a "rare or nothing" drop from the boss, then wouldn't bringing a friend Locke increase the drop rates of the chest?

CCIE

Banned
So if i hit refresh, it doesn't get rid of my unclaimed energy? I actually read the email, but didn't claim it so I'm scared to refresh

Lyrian - thanks for the information. It might just be the time to try out my new all-physical team with Bartz, Chiz, Garland, Vaan, and Lenna

leehom

UGGGGGGGG!

I meant to hit Refresh to get rid of all of my accepted mails. Instead I hit Claim All and now have 200 NRG to burn. :/
Thanks for the tip. Didn't know you could delete read messages. Was a pita going through them to use energy from 3 weeks prior.

Lyrian

Definitely looks like the FF9 banner is split into two weekly banners.

Kind of odd that Amarant is the "jackpot" pull, as he is there only at base rates. Is HP +30% really that overpowered in the grand scheme of things?

Thank you! Couldn't believe it, I'm finally free haha. Just need to max out my team now. Give it one last go before the banner ends, then skip the next few banners. Best of luck. Your team still kicks ass anyway, especially with Vaan.

Grats Xion!!! Knew your luck would turn around!

Two Espers at level 40...two more to go

giphy.gif

creid

Is Maria a better healer than Fina? I spent like 6 tickets trying to get Lenna bc Fina is my only healer, but no dice. Did end up with a Zidane though.

Valentus

The kicker here is that the boss is only weak against earth and practically immune to everything else. So, the boss can either be burnt through extreme physical DPS (barrage, etc), or you can farm/craft multiple Stonra Blades to give everyone an ability that the boss is weak against (not that Reddit would ever think of that, all they are bitching about is why Stonra Blade is not AoE).

So...

Turn 1: Cheer - Ultima - Full Break - Barrage - Barrage - Throw
Turn 2: Repeat
Turn 3: Trust bonus: Rainbow needle?

Xion86

Thanks Chilly! Not started farming for Esper upgrades yet, I presume you keep farming materials in Phantom Forest right? I'm looking forward to levelling them up.

Oh and that must have been so annoying Adawg! (Slightly amusing I must say). Must feel good to burn through it all at once though ;).

Funny hearing about the Reddit rage though..

Celegus

I wonder what will happen when the first Lightning banner will be released then :x
I for one look forward to the meltdowns because I know how numbers work and how unlikely it is to pull her. It's really not hard to understand, but I can see people sharpening their pitchforks already.

CCIE

Banned
I only have one two star esper currently, and should probably start farming them more. But I'm trying to level up my newer units such as Kuja and Tellah...

Maybe I will run the PF a little bit later today, after I get Tellah to L68

Nice!

I'm close to 40 on several of my espers myself. Debating between trying to finish them all off, or snoring through ADV XP vortex to try to get Lenna up to speed in case Curaja is needed for the next event. Bleh.

And what's nice too is the fact that you get so many damn ice megacrysts as trusts gifts it makes farming for rings even easier.

Rixa

I only have one two star esper currently, and should probably start farming them more. But I'm trying to level up my newer units such as Kuja and Tellah...

Maybe I will run the PF a little bit later today, after I get Tellah to L68

Dont worry, I have only 2 2* Espers (they aint maxed) and total of 4 Espers and I havent started 3rd Island :p.

Yogg

There is a whole lot of kneejerking going on in the Reddit atm over this event. People proclaiming the end of the world, dogs and cats living together, Exdeath, Kuja, and Emperor trysts, and all that nonsense.

This is mob mentality. The majority will downvote any level opinion that goes against the grain. It's almost scary at times.

But yeah, the subreddit has been fantasizing on the JP top shelf since the beginning, so any new unit or event that doesn't equal what we'll get 6 months from now is instantly shitty. The rod event was the most universally hated things I've seen in the sub. Now questions like "what do I do now ?" constantly arise, but suggesting grinding an event for +9 MAG is immediately shot down, in the favor of grinding rings that will give +0 to +2 attack compared to hyper wrists, because of "future proofing".

I honestly feel bad for the 100% future-proofing players. Because future proofing will never end. Every time we get a banner to catch up to JP, JP has a banner with a new powerhouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom