• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
This is mob mentality. The majority will downvote any level opinion that goes against the grain. It's almost scary at times.

But yeah, the subreddit has been fantasizing on the JP top shelf since the beginning, so any new unit or event that doesn't equal what we'll get 6 months from now is instantly shitty. The rod event was the most universally hated things I've seen in the sub. Now questions like "what do I do now ?" constantly arise, but suggesting grinding an event for +9 MAG is immediately shot down, in the favor of grinding rings that will give +0 to +2 attack compared to hyper wrists, because of "future proofing".

I honestly feel bad for the 100% future-proofing players. Because future proofing will never end. Every time we get a banner to catch up to JP, JP has a banner with a new powerhouse.

Yes and no.

I do think it is a wise decision to farm the Hero Rings over Hyper Wrists. You will clearly get more out of a 10% gain rather than a flat 10 gain in the long run. Telling someone where they should invest their resources into, isn't a bad idea inherently.

But even here, the idea of "future proofing" started when we had people telling others to reroll till they get 1 or 2 of the future 6* units. People were already telling new players to plan ahead before they even started the game.

It's not that they are 100% future proofing, as more they are further down the spectrum than where you stand on it. While someone who never bother to reroll and just playing with the got, is looking at you the same way you're looking at them.

It's all about finding that balance you're comfortable with. Basically, I feel like a lot of players here aren't use to MMOs and what "future proofing" really means.

My personal issue is, I already hate the word future proofing since it is a lie on what the user is actually doing. It's more in the sense of planning ahead. Someone trying to chase the ball all the time will always be spending the most time and money. While those never paying attention will always be wondering why they can't get it. There is a balance in between through rational decision making and proper insight/planning. Where you can position yourself at a comfortable level.

CCIE

Banned
I agree that future-proofing is a problem to an extent. However, knowing you have 6* capable units is awful nice so I don't mind limiting my banner pulls to the ones that will probably help me. And that is hard for me. I wanted to "future-proof" my team with WoL, and I ended up spending all of my lapis, some good cash, and didn't even get him

What I did get was some great units that will help me today - will they in the future? Who knows to be honest. I expect Lenna, and Vaan to get future 6*'s in Japan. Same goes for Kefka. I would think the same about Zidane and Kuja, but it really seems the FFIX cast has gotten the shaft so far... Hopefully that changes.

I have zero hope of ever pulling a base five-star unit, so I understand the need to future-proof to an extent. However, when it takes away from your enjoyment of the game, that is a problem. I personally was so hung up on WoL I wasn't willing to give my new units a chance. And that is sad, because they are pretty awesome!

Yogg

Yes and no.

I do think it is a wise decision to farm the Hero Rings over Hyper Wrists. You will clearly get more out of a 10% gain rather than a flat 10 gain in the long run. Telling someone where they should invest their resources into, isn't a bad idea inherently.

But even here, the idea of "future proofing" started when we had people telling others to reroll till they get 1 or 2 of the future 6* units. People were already telling new players to plan ahead before they even started the game.

It's not that they are 100% future proofing, as more they are further down the spectrum than where you stand on it. While someone who never bother to reroll and just playing with the got, is looking at you the same way you're looking at them.

It's all about finding that balance you're comfortable with. Basically, I feel like a lot of players here aren't use to MMOs and what "future proofing" really means.

My personal issue is, I already hate the word future proofing since it is a lie on what the user is actually doing. It's more in the sense of planning ahead. Someone trying to chase the ball all the time will always be spending the most time and money. While those never paying attention will always be wondering why they can't get it. There is a balance in between through rational decision making and proper insight/planning. Where you can position yourself at a comfortable level.

I obviously agree about finding the right balance, which basically means targetting the right banners for pulls.

But I was not comparing the hero ring farm to the hyper wrist farm, I was comparing the hero ring farm to the gravity rod farm. Reddit has been downvoting any comment that suggested that event was "not that bad" for the last 2 weeks, saying the time would be better spent getting more hero rings.

So grinding for +9 MAG now is bad, grinding for +0/2 ATK and further use in many months is good. It's just silly. As a bonus, you can still farm hero rings now, you can't get the rod anymore.

CCIE

Banned
I only run a macro in the evenings for the most part. Wish they'd fix the 5xFP, hopefully tonight, and I will begin to grind the crap out of it again. I am at almost 20% on Barrage, and Ribbon, 18% Katana Mastery, and a little over 12% on DH and MAG+30%. It's going to take awhile.

Major props to Rixa for not only grinding it out, but doing it all by hand. I don't think I could do that.

Would I enjoy the game less if I didn't have many 6* or future proof heroes? I honestly don't know. I wasn't miserable without EXDEATH but I knew I wanted him badly. I never rerolled when starting and I figured I'd get EXDEATH when I would. The 5* pull I got of him could have easily been a 4* Penelo.

This game seems enjoyable so long as you can find your groove. TM farming, hero farming, ADV Exp runs, Esper leveling, there really is so much you can do.

I think the real proof will come once global receives the legendary summons, the FFT or FFXIII ones, then those who become hysterical when they cannot pull what they perceive to be power creep proof will really show.

And yes, I will pull The Emperor.

I only run a macro in the evenings for the most part. Wish they'd fix the 5xFP, hopefully tonight, and I will begin to grind the crap out of it again. I am at almost 20% on Barrage, and Ribbon, 18% Katana Mastery, and a little over 12% on DH and MAG+30%. It's going to take awhile.

Major props to Rixa for not only grinding it out, but doing it all by hand. I don't think I could do that.

I'm so bummed because I can't find that Amazon post you did about Andy on MAC, I need to start settin up lol do you remember the page?

Yeah, I don't think I could do what Rixa did. Unfortunately it doesn't look like I'll be able to use Nox either since it still runs like crap on my computer after playing around with it and is basically unusable. Looks like a slow, painful TM grind for me. Please add a macro function Gumi!

leehom

Do you guys think 12 hero rings is enough? 12 because of some future ring that needs 3 hr to complete, that way I can at least make four of them off the bat. I have number six baking with enough mats for three more. Farming the other three and can't wait to finally put this behind me.

Dragner

Do you guys think 12 hero rings is enough? 12 because of some future ring that needs 3 hr to complete, that way I can at least make four of them off the bat. I have number six baking with enough mats for three more. Farming the other three and can't wait to finally put this behind me.

12 are too much, you dont need hero rings on your healers or tank.

Lyrian

More mediocre than Fina? Fina having only Cura and Curaga doesn't seem like enough for anything remotely difficult.

Right now, yeah. She is passable when she receives her 5* upgrade. But until then, Fina is strictly better as her 5* form is currently available.

For 4* healers, Krille is better than Maria because she has dualcast, which allows her to cast Cura twice a round for harder content.

Even so, the very low HP pools for 4* max healers are a significant liability on harder content. They just can't take a hit if the monster decides to focus on them for even a single round.

Pejo

I will probably make 12 as well so I don't have to swap equipment out as often. Can't imagine needing more than that though.

Ombala

Yeap got quite shocked myself

Think I will use WoL, Lenna, Tellah and Kefka in my party but I Still lack any good physical fighter.

Pejo

Did 7 pulls
1 Sabin
1 Kain
2 Tellah
2 WoL
1 Lenna

Pleased

ceob.gif

CCIE

Banned
I'd just like to say for the record I hate all of you who have pulled multiple WoL's. I'm convinced that is why I cannot pull him ;)

creid

Right now, yeah. She is passable when she receives her 5* upgrade. But until then, Fina is strictly better as her 5* form is currently available.

For 4* healers, Krille is better than Maria because she has dualcast, which allows her to cast Cura twice a round for harder content.

Even so, the very low HP pools for 4* max healers are a significant liability on harder content. They just can't take a hit if the monster decides to focus on them for even a single round.
Hmm, I keep forgetting I have Krile. Thanks for the input.

Kouriozan

As a daily distraction this game has still remained fun for me

Yeah the events mostly suck but i take enjoyment in small chunks lol
I'm basically grinding since soft launch but I like grinding to some degree so I'm still having tons of fun building my characters.
I'm still F2P and can't really spend money right now, but I'll surely whale for Secret of Mana and maybe Refia.
Edit : just checked and I sit at 79 consecutive days of playing :eek:

Have a quick question for you guys.
Is Lenna's TM rod worth farming multiples of? I have a feeling it's not but I want to make sure before I start trying to fuse them all into one.

Malakhov

Banned
I JUST WENT AND PULLED WARRIOR OF LIGHT!!!! (4*) (single 500 lapis ticket). Hold me. I can't explain how I'm feeling haha :D :eek: (I'm so sorry CCIE :(). Got a screenshot on my phone. I'll be putting him up as my new shared hero instead of Kefka.

Done.
Grats. Probably how I'd feel if I pulled a chizuru, cod or exdeath ;)

Already have two WoL so I was bummed when I pulled him a second time.

Malakhov

Banned
Tips for frost dargon

Equip Lenna with black choker, so she can cure confuse status with esuna.
+ 1st turn Lenna Cheer, WoL fullbreak, CoD barrage, Kefka hyperdive
+ 2nd turn WoL use provoke from golem and you're basically already win.
Was the frost dragon a challenge? I mowed through it and the white dragon yesterday. Low level 40s 4 stars team...I don't get it.

Lyrian

I have zero hope of ever pulling a base five-star unit, so I understand the need to future-proof to an extent. However, when it takes away from your enjoyment of the game, that is a problem. I personally was so hung up on WoL I wasn't willing to give my new units a chance. And that is sad, because they are pretty awesome!

This right here, many times over. People are so hung up on obtaining the very best of the best at all times, that they forget that many of the units they possess are much more than serviceable and will get the job done.

Yogg said:
I honestly feel bad for the 100% future-proofing players. Because future proofing will never end. Every time we get a banner to catch up to JP, JP has a banner with a new powerhouse.

shintoki said:

This, as well. So many people chasing the newest and freshest carrot on a stick that they they lose all rational thinking and their wallet. With reasonable planning, players can ensure that they are always at 80-90% of the current power creep. That will ensure that most content can be completed. Yes, there will always be something that can't be completed on Day 1 of its release, but that content will be completable soon enough given continuing power creep.

TheChillyAcademic said:
I'm listening

Well, Kuja is on banner this coming week. WIth him, at worst, you could then invite Emperor over for dinner, a movie, and planetary annihilation. Not a bad evening, I suppose.

Heng

Seeing all these WoL pulls made me break down and do 4 pulls...

3* Tellah
5* Kuja
4* Russel
3* Bartz

All of these were new so I'm pretty stoked. Hopefully double hand can stack on Garland (from what I understand, it can. Many people say innate -killers with the same -Killer material stacks so hopefully it does...).

LuuKyK

They really wont fix the Kain jump glitch that makes the game crash? Its like... his only useful ability and his also one of my main party members since I dont have any other damage making character
I actually have Kefka but I dont like him lol
. Ugh. Fix this shit Guerilla.

CCIE

Banned
Yeah, I'm back up to seven and contemplating pulling every time someone posts this. I don't want two or three, or some ridiculous number...

I just want one. To pull or not - that is the question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom