• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCIE

Banned
Okay... I agree. I am only going after characters I like from now on, power be damned. And I used to love the WoL, but he is in my doghouse now. Next unit I'm pulling for is on the FFIII banner. I'll chase Refia, but won't get her. Hopefully I can just pull Arc. Then the FF4 banner, I have to be able to get a BOOSTED 3* Cecil, right?

Kouriozan

Don't need cheer because lenna has that covered. Really want full break, is she coming anytime soon?

Going to yoLo a couple of tickets before this banner is up for full break.
Personally I'd say 5 weeks, got plenty of time to build lapis/tickets.
We're getting IX, then supposedly IX part 2 with Garnet, then it should be Brave Frontier collab with Lightning, and finally Tactics.

hitmon

This has actually been my luckiest banner. I got 2 of the featured summons this time around. Got a 3 Tellahs and on my 14th pull I finally got Lenna. The other banners I've only managed to pull one (Hayate and Golbez). Did get my Kefka off banner though thankfully.

Congrats on the pulls. The best I got out of this banner was a 4* Maria. The rest aren't worth mentioning. I just realized I was lucky enough to get Art on the last banner (my only physical attacker). Overall, my pulls have been pretty bad. I'm at the point where I kind of want to use another ticket just so I have chance of getting someone worth leveling.

scarlet

Was the frost dragon a challenge? I mowed through it and the white dragon yesterday. Low level 40s 4 stars team...I don't get it.

Not the exploration boss.

The Colosseum INT S-5 boss.

People getting more WoL lately.

I hould remmeber this for Orlandu and Gilgamesh

CCIE

Banned
I think the right strategy is to just make a few pulls off each banner. Setting sights on a character on a certain banner hasn't really worked for me yet. I'm just going to pull when I feel like it, and maybe it won't hurt so damned bad when you spend five dozen tickets and cannot pull the unit you want.

YOLO for me, with multiple pulls every few banners from now on. If I get more than six tickets, I'm just going to roll the extras. Either that, or I will do the 10+1 pull if I feel like flushing money down the drain.

Congrats on the pulls. The best I got out of this banner was a 4* Maria. The rest aren't worth mentioning. I just realized I was lucky enough to get Art on the last banner (my only physical attacker). Overall, my pulls have been pretty bad. I'm at the point where I kind of want to use another ticket just so I have chance of getting someone worth leveling.
Thanks! I really did want Art on the last banner too. He should be pretty awesome with the bow from the next trial boss. Hope your next few pulls get you something you want.

I think the right strategy is to just make a few pulls off each banner. Setting sights on a character on a certain banner hasn't really worked for me yet. I'm just going to pull when I feel like it, and maybe it won't hurt so damned bad when you spend five dozen tickets and cannot pull the unit you want.

YOLO for me, with multiple pulls every few banners from now on. If I get more than six tickets, I'm just going to roll the extras. Either that, or I will do the 10+1 pull if I feel like flushing money down the drain.
Just try to set an amount of pulls you want to do for each banner and stick to it. I know it's hard though. I've fallen more than once into the trap of purchasing an 11 ticket bundle and telling myself I'll pull once or twice and 11 crappy pulls later I'm kicking myself for doing it.

CCIE

Banned
I also wish I had pulled on the last banner instead of lusting after WoL. I like Artemios, the few times I've used him off my FL.

CCIE

Banned
Wired - I think that is a great strategy. No more than six pulls for me on a banner - that seems fair. Maybe more, maybe less. I think you can easily build up four summon tickets or more in a month, even just grinding with no new content. 60 pulls - at least I will get to watch Reddit go up in flames when the lightning banner comes along

Wired - I think that is a great strategy. No more than six pulls for me on a banner - that seems fair. Maybe more, maybe less. I think you can easily build up four summon tickets or more in a month, even just grinding with no new content. 60 pulls - at least I will get to watch Reddit go up in flames when the lightning banner comes along

Yeah, that amount you want to spend will change from banner to banner, but the key is to actually stick to what you set out to spend. For example, my plan for whenever the Lightning banner comes up is to do one 11 pull and use whatever free tickets I have/get in that time period. I'm not going to go chase a unit like Lightning considering how incredibly rare it is, but I will pull on that banner for the other units included since they seem decent/have great TMs (if the data mine is correct on those at least, but who knows at this point with how different the FF9 banners are). I think I should be able to do it since I've had some pretty good self control over the last two banners.

CCIE

Banned
I'm not pulling on FFIX banner, because my chances of Zidane are pretty low. I MIGHT pull with three tickets at the very most, if the rates are good. Then I will wait it out for some decent three star units.

Pissed that Zidane is on a FIVE unit banner. Just really, really lowers the odds of pulling him.

CCIE

Banned
Kouriozan - that is why I'm moving my strategy to YOLO. Those daily half-price pulls will be the end of me if I try and hoard tickets. So I'm just not going to bother.

Dragner

Man I have 43 tickets 6k lapiz. The urge is big but I never need to waste more than 3 tix on any banner. And my first team came after only 6 tix.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
RNG works in mysterious ways. Sometimes you'll win, sometimes you'll lose. If you're playing shit on the first pull or two, it's probably better to stop since typically once you start rage pulling, you'll lose more.

Between me starting till this recent banner, in some 30 pulls. I only got Bartz and Kefka. My team consisted of those two plus, Fina, Rain, Clyne, and Edgar. My next best would have been Celes and Hayate. It was frustrating seeing everyone with ExDeath, Chizzy, and CoD on my friends list.

The reason I pulled 15 times on this banner was because I really could use Lenna ot Tellah. But also Chizzy, Vaan, Zidanne, WoL, Cecil, CoD, ExDeath, Firion, Garland, Roseilia, Terra, Leo, or Locke. Even another Bartz or Kekfa, though it hurts so much to see two of the same characters. Plus all the TMs from Shanotto, Luna, Miyuki, etc.
I felt the pool was big enough for multiple possible upgrades and abilities to invest in, rather than focusing on one or two characters. With the deal going on for the 300 Lapis pulls, plus additional tickets I was holding on too.

But I also realize, the grass is greener always on the other side. People who have Chizzy want WoL and vice versa.

Kouriozan

Man I have 43 tickets 6k lapiz. The urge is big but I never need to waste more than 3 tix on any banner. And my first team came after only 6 tix.
Impressive, I don't think I can hoard that much in this game like I did in Record Keeper, especially if it's about getting characters I like.

CCIE

Banned
Yeah, I'll buy the three hundred lapis bundles, then wait for the summon ticket at the end of the month. Hopefully next month will be a little better with giving away tickets. I would expect to see the 250 daily pull in the next month or so, and by then I should have about a half dozen tickets saved up, if I don't use them on the next few banners. I should definitely have some lapis saved up to YOLO pull regularly at that point

I will NEVER spend 60 tickets on one banner again. I don't care how great everyone else's luck is. As for 43 tickets saved up, bravo to you Dragner. I won't be doing that

hitmon

For those lucky enough to get decent pulls, are you guys pulling from the boosted banner or the non-boosted one?

Impressive, how do you have so many tickets? Is that just from saving up all the free tickets? I'm currently a little under 12K lapis though. I've been saving up in hopes of that 10k banner someone posted earlier in the thread.

NomarTyme

For those lucky enough to get decent pulls, are you guys pulling from the boosted banner or the non-boosted one?

Impressive, how do you have so many tickets? Is that just from saving up all the free tickets? I'm currently a little under 12K lapis though. I've been saving up in hopes of that 10k banner someone posted earlier in the thread.

Boosted, so far.

My lucky pulls were pulled during boosted banners, but none of them were actually the featured Units. I got my Vaan and CoD on the Chizuru banner and my Kefka from the Locke banner. If I ever do get a Lightning or something like that, it will be pulled from the banner after it's boosted. That Vaan/CoD pull probably used up all my luck in this game though. I got those 2 in the first 3 pulls of that banner. Of course I proceeded to spend 20+ pulls of garbage after that. It's the banner that taught me to quit while I'm ahead.

My lucky pulls were pulled during boosted banners, but none of them were actually the featured Units. I got my Vaan and CoD on the Chizuru banner and my Kefka from the Locke banner. If I ever do get a Lightning or something like that, it will be pulled from the banner after it's boosted.

My original lucky pulls were from the original summon tickets, back when I didn't know about rerolling. That landed me Terra, Kefka, Cecil, and Golbez. (I remember being excited about the FFIV VI hero/villain dynamic.)

Clearing story content got me enough lapis to pull Zidane, and then on Locke's banner, I pulled Hayate and stopped. On the WoL banner, I ended up nabbing Lenna, Tellah, Locke, and -- after buying a few extra lapis, WoL.

The summer bundle tickets got me Exdeath and Celes, who I just realized is awesome for my team. (I'm basically due for Butz and ought to run Sarah from FF1 in my party until I get Garland.)

I'm a hoarder in video games and real life :(

tumblr_m2ni7j7oXY1qip14z.gif

Azuran

Banned
Ramuh is a better esper than Shiva for mages right? I'm about to finish leveling up Kefka so I need to know which one will work better with him since I'm heading back to the forest grinding.

Lyrian

Ramuh is a better esper than Shiva for mages right? I'm about to finish leveling up Kefka so I need to know which one will work better with him since I'm heading back to the forest grinding.

Yes. Ramuh has higher MAG than Shiva does, so he would be better suited for a black mage character such as Kefka.

Adeptrain

Ummm.... I'm new here, but let me get this straight. Every battle gives my units a 10% chance to get .1 percent of trust!? .1?! That's ridiculous!! Please tell me there's a trick to this. A secret to speed this up.

Iceman829

I did 1 last pull trying to get a WoL and got a 3* Terra. I'm done pulling until Lightning or Tidus or whoever you guys say is awesome. I already have Vivi and Zidane and Kuja, so I don't need any from this banner even if they were good. I'll stick to some TM grinding for a bit.

If anyone wants to add me apparently someone defriended me for leaving an underleveled character as my leader instead of my normal lvl 80 CoD my ID is 713 130 495. I always try to switch back my leader when I'm not TM leveling and I'll send you a gift daily

Lyrian

Ummm.... I'm new here, but let me get this straight. Every battle gives my units a 10% chance to get .1 percent of trust!? .1?! That's ridiculous!! Please tell me there's a trick to this. A secret to speed this up.

Honestly, right now, you are not supposed to be able to earn the trust rewards. Any non-garbage tier trust rewards are so far past the current power curve as supposedly not be realistically obtainable at the moment (which ironically is the reason why people macro Earth Shrine 10,000 times).

In the near-ish future (probably a month away still), when power creep starts suggesting that TMs are needed, items called Trust Moogles will start being awarded from events (and other promotions) that award these to the player, giving 5 to 10% of a TM to player (based on the Moogle's rarity). At that point, will TMs start becoming non-insane to obtain for the common player.

CCIE

Banned
Man if I only knew Japanese. I tried out the Japanese version of the game - they are generous with Lapis... Right out of the gate 10+1 summon landed me Tidus, Orlandu, and some characters I know nothing about - trying to find them on Reddit. Part of me wants to try to play it, but there are some things quite different about the interface.

But seriously, much better than what we have interface-wise. They also give out Lapis like candy

Celegus

80 here but I run out of room pretty often. When I was starting, I didn't realize items and materials were different and accidentally upgraded my item space to 80 as well. Oops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom