• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCIE

Banned
At least in Japan the 10+1 seems worth it. I rolled Japan last night for grins and rolled Tidus, Orlandu, and some other stuff off the 10+1. I'm beginning to believe it may be the only way to really get what you want. Someone else here did it the other day and got all three of the banner units as well.

Think the rates are different on that pull for some reason.

At least in Japan the 10+1 seems worth it. I rolled Japan last night for grins and rolled Tidus, Orlandu, and some other stuff off the 10+1. I'm beginning to believe it may be the only way to really get what you want. Someone else here did it the other day and got all three of the banner units as well.

Jeebus thats one lucky pull

CCIE

Banned
I know. I'm thinking I may give it a go on the Japanese server though I really don't know what I'm doing. They are generous with lapis over there

leehom

Is the facebook friends reward broken? It worked on my GL account, but on my SL it isn't. I added over 50 FB friends that play this game, but only a few of them are registering.

Adeptrain

Quick question, sometimes when I get a chest in the results sections I get a "trust gained" pop up next to it...it's not the .1% that shows up before, but in the drop list section. How much is the trust gained? Like .1%? And what causes it? Is it random? Thanks.

Maledict

Quick question, sometimes when I get a chest in the results sections I get a "trust gained" pop up next to it...it's not the .1% that shows up before, but in the drop list section. How much is the trust gained? Like .1%? And what causes it? Is it random? Thanks.

That's a reward from having trust on a character. Basically it's an extra loot drop - it doesn't change your trust level at all. It's random based on your % trust level.

(It's not a direct relation though - 100% trust doesn't give you a guaranteed extra loot drop).

There's tons of videos with whales doing 30k+ worth of lapis pulls getting fuck all. Outside of the guaranteed 4* (that has just as much of a chance of being garbage like Fran or Russell as it usually does), it's no different.

I did 3 10+1 pulls on Rem's banner and had nothing to show for it outside of a bunch of trash Sices to help farm the Type-0 event. Next day, I got Chizuru off my daily pull and Lightning off the ticket that pull gave. You got lucky. That's the end of it.

scarlet

Finally got that gold soldier of fortune trophies. So I got 3 gold trophies and 1500 lapis in a day

dRn5rUK.gif

Kouriozan

Leveling progress (and current team) :
Bartz 49/80
Chizuru 80/80
WoL 50/80
Chizuru 18/80
Lenna 53/80

Need Jumbo Cactuars pls, currently grinding ADV exp vortex since 3 days ago >.<

Valonquar

Don't go in adv xp with all your units, especially the maxxed out ones. Take just the unit/units you want to level plus an OP friend unit.

Kouriozan

Personally doing 3 at the same time since it's either one day to max solo X3, or either 3 days to max 3 units, 2nd Chizuru is getting metal cactuars until I max Bartz/Lenna/WoL.

Now if you need to do colosseum or trials, it's definitely better to to them one by one.

Coppanuva

Also Maxed Units also split your EXP while getting no benefit from

Rapid boost ONE unit at a time in the ADV vortex people

Or only boost units you want to level. If you have 3 characters to level and nothing else to do there's no negative difference in terms of number of runs to level all 3 at the same time (with no other units) vs levelling only 1. You may actually take fewer runs total if one of them needed something like 70k xp to max (since doing them solo would be 45 energy, and burn 20k xp).

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Also Maxed Units also split your EXP while getting no benefit from

Rapid boost ONE unit at a time in the ADV vortex people

If he is leveling an entire team. It makes no difference.

As long as it is a character who needs to be leveled and you will use. The number of turns will be the same.

Pejo

Continuing the process of throwing every ticket I get from the summer bundle trying to get WoL (still). This morning, got a blue crystal that morphed into a gold crystal(!) c'moonnnn baby......

Kuja.

Well, at least it's a unit I didn't already have. Also this gives me 0 reason to pull on the FF9 banner, because he's the only other unit I wanted from there.

Still though....c'mon WoL - why do you hate me?

Whizkid7

Continuing the process of throwing every ticket I get from the summer bundle trying to get WoL (still). This morning, got a blue crystal that morphed into a gold crystal(!) c'moonnnn baby......

Kuja.

Well, at least it's a unit I didn't already have. Also this gives me 0 reason to pull on the FF9 banner, because he's the only other unit I wanted from there.

Still though....c'mon WoL - why do you hate me?

I feel your pain. Over the course of the banner I've gotten 3 Tellahs, 6(!!) Lennas, 0 WoL. Some nice other stuff like Garland and Kefka, though, so I can't complain too too much.

Kouriozan

The guy in the video I just linked is a whale and his Cecil only has HP+10% (somethong else but can't read Japanese) materias, it's probably really worth it to grind the HP+15% of the next event.
It needs 10 light megacrysts for one (you can get those in the event)
The rests of the recipe is 5 Tough Scale/5 Dragon Scales/1 Alcryst and 5 event only Pure Stones.

CCIE

Banned
I gave up on WoL.. Saving my ticket for another day. I'll wait for a banner with multiple units I want, which means no Zidane either. From now on I stop when I get 2 of the units on a banner. Also, rerolling Japan account to see units I never will in global. Last pull had some monkey-looking five star with a spear - is that Gilgamesh? Can't tell. Multi-Nox rocks for that because Japan accounts are handled differently. How hard is it to play Japan if you don't know the language?

Yeah I love it

helps that I can turn my brain off during exploration farming and know that Im getting that small added benefit of adding to the Limit break level

they really should have made the level ups for limit breaks more reasonable to begin with though

what a weird setup

Is Zidane any good? I lack any good physical damage dealer.

Not for damage though his limit does hit pretty hard and he can build it fast with his multi hits

He is mostly used for his HIGH steal rate but stealing is quickly falling to the wayside in terms of usefulness

He does have one of the best Trust Master rewards in the game so dont sell him

CCIE

Banned
I'll be grinding TMR all day long today with the 5xFP. Seriously, they should up the rate a little bit. 10% chance of .1% is pretty much BS. OTOH, my Luna and Kefka are at about 22% and climbing, with Bartz bringing up the rear at about 11%. Not too bad since I started TMR less than a week ago. Kefka started just South of 10% from regular use, so he holds a narrow lead.

Rixa with the Excalibur! Nice!!!!

Aurizen

So since the upcoming ends the 25th we'll get lightning hopefully.. I'm sitting on so much tickets and lapis I want to spend em all! lol

Valentus

The guy in the video I just linked is a whale and his Cecil only has HP+10% (somethong else but can't read Japanese) materias, it's probably really worth it to grind the HP+15% of the next event.
It needs 10 light megacrysts for one (you can get those in the event)
The rests of the recipe is 5 Tough Scale/5 Dragon Scales/1 Alcryst and 5 event only Pure Stones.

you are a whale and want to tank Cecil/ WoL?

Draw 10 amarants.

Get at least 3 HP+30%

Always see people talking about Cecil's limit in particular, why is his so important to level up? Does the buff last an extra turn or something?

because Cecil's limit in max lvl is fucking +75% ATK/DEF/SPR

Valentus

So, why would you want those useless firagas you would get pulling 20 vivis while you try to get a zidane?

I would say to you "because there will be events that will give you rewards if you use only specific units, and equiping firaga to krile/rydia/vivi himself will be very useful!"

But fuck gumi, they're too lazy to do that type of fun events that challenge you to use all your units and think of a good strategy.

Not too shabby but... woof that takes a lot of uses to level up.

that why you should grind cecil's limit at 3star to Max and then evolve him.

Rixa

My luck in this enhanced friend summon is terrible 50 pulls so far and not one Gigantaur :( oh well at least I will get the awakened trophies done.

I used around 150k FP last weekend and got roughly 1 Gigantuar per 10k FP used. That was same rate for me in the earlier 2 FP events.

Valentus

So, in brave front... i mean brave exvius JP just uploaded this trial:

FUCKING MAXWELL

And, like in brave frontier, the prize of defeating her is.... Maxwell!!! as a free unit. 5-6 star.

And guess what, is very powerfull!!!

ATK+30%
180% AoE Physical Attack
210% AoE Holy Physical Attack / AoE Enemy Buff Removal (!)
+50% Dmg to Humans
+80% ATK/DEF and Auto Revive for 3 turns (only herself)
AoE Esuna +100% Stat resist for 1 turn
200% Holy single target attack / Ignore 50% DEF

For a free unit.... Damn. The only drawback is that Maxwell can only equip Spears.

CCIE

Banned
Nice!! I think Gumi takes a lot of flak, but they seem to genuinely be trying with FFBE. I think they read the Reddit page, because a lot of the concerns I've been seeing are getting addressed slowly. And I'm slowly reaching the point I won't need Gigantaurs as much. All my units are L70+, and I am now taking the time to level up Rain, Bartz#2, and Kefka#2

I used around 150k FP last weekend and got roughly 1 Gigantuar per 10k FP used. That was same rate for me in the earlier 2 FP events.

150k? I don't even see how someone could have that much lol. But that is horrible in terms of drop rate so bleh won't even try to get them that way.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
150k? I don't even see how someone could have that much lol. But that is horrible in terms of drop rate so bleh won't even try to get them that way.

TM farm. Anytime they do a 50 FP, it's best to focus on TM farming.

The gold gains, exp gains, and TMs from both your key units and FP units. It's completely worth it.

CCIE

Banned
I'm thinking about farming Kain. It's a matter of priority, though. I have other stuff to get through TMR first before farming Kain.
Sitting here babysitting my phone for TMR while working kind of sucks

Shinto - you aren't kidding about gold gains... even with fusing I am up over 1.6M because of the abundance of turtles

NomarTyme

Nice free unit indeed. Looking forward to fight against Maxwell. Also I wonder if they going to offer a free unit of your choice for their 1 year anniversary. I really hope they do that.

Good time to use excess Gil's to buy potion s and antidote for TM farming. the items is quite expensive and time consuming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom