• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll work on maxing my Locke next (or rather, after Exdeath, Golbez, and Lenna...), since he's probably most useful for everyone here, and his ability isn't dependent on equips or TMs.

I tried downloading and running Andy to TM farm CCIE-style on my Macbook, but I think my computer's too old. Will see what I can do. Would LOVE to start unlocking some high-end materia, and it'd help with rank ups, too.

Eidjinn

That is not how these games work. If they allowed you to pick units, it would defeat the entire purpose of how they make money. And 10 tickets would be a pittance price.

Nor is running off to the JPN servers going to magically change your luck. You're still going to hit with good times and bad times. I would probably recommend playing another game or removing your credit card from Google if that is the case. I would highly suggest one of these two if this is the case. Same way I use to recommend people who fixate on stuff in MMOs do. These games are meant to exploit gambling addiction.

For fun, I decided to give the JPN version a try.
1. Galuf
2. Hayate
3. Penolo
4. Shadow
5. Edgar
6. Penolo
7. Karl
8.Bedillie
9. Azellum
10. Clyne
11. Karl
12. Luna
13. Clyne
14. Hayate
15. Rydia
16. Terra
17. Azellium
18. Bedillie

So in 18 pulls, I got one useful character(Terra)

Do you have any tutorial on how to use nox and install the jp Exvius?

Damm. I got curious.

CCIE

Banned
I am using Nox to store my rolls. Honestly, all you have to do is download the Japanese APK, and install. The hard thing for me was finding out how to install an APK in Andy for my Mac... and Japan is a little different for re-rolling. Need two devices

Me - primary device is Andy instance, secondary a Nox instance

If interested in re-rolling

http://imgur.com/a/2ahIZ

Eidjinn

I am using Nox to store my rolls. Honestly, all you have to do is download the Japanese APK, and install. The hard thing for me was finding out how to install an APK in Andy for my Mac... and Japan is a little different for re-rolling. Need two devices

Me - primary device is Andy instance, secondary a Nox instance

If interested in re-rolling

http://imgur.com/a/2ahIZ

Thanks!
Will reroll! haha!

Lyrian

Yoink
Screenshot_20160817-211156.png
-> Focus + Firaga ->
Screenshot_20160817-212105.png

Enjoy, he is my friend leader (2* Shiva is only 29).

Unannounced challenge accepted!

I think I can (eventually) beat that damage number with my Rydia. Further motivation for my project, as I work to deduce the mechanics of the esper damage formula.

Current high damage score on my 3* Rydia: 437,996 damage with Shiva (not maxed). Stupid Earth Shrine boss has 50% lightning resistance, ruining Ramuh's day.
Still, its funny to see a RESIST pop up on the screen along with over 200k damage in tiny print, lol.

I like where this side project is going :)

Niahak

In case anyone's looking for another maxed-out Locke, I have a few spare slots and I'm sharing him. ID 737,150,495.

Only been playing a few weeks, but having fun so far. I'm close to finishing out the story content and might just log in / do dailies until they release more. I'm not sure I have the stomach for TM or Limit grinding.

Aurizen

farming for ice megacyrst is a pain. Wolfgang Peak is a drag. Does the votex update to have them to farm in the future?

That is not how these games work. If they allowed you to pick units, it would defeat the entire purpose of how they make money. And 10 tickets would be a pittance price.

Nor is running off to the JPN servers going to magically change your luck. You're still going to hit with good times and bad times. I would probably recommend playing another game or removing your credit card from Google if that is the case. I would highly suggest one of these two if this is the case. Same way I use to recommend people who fixate on stuff in MMOs do. These games are meant to exploit gambling addiction.

For fun, I decided to give the JPN version a try.
1. Galuf
2. Hayate
3. Penolo
4. Shadow
5. Edgar
6. Penolo
7. Karl
8.Bedillie
9. Azellum
10. Clyne
11. Karl
12. Luna
13. Clyne
14. Hayate
15. Rydia
16. Terra
17. Azellium
18. Bedillie

So in 18 pulls, I got one useful character(Terra)

yeah haha I know its impossible but it would be nice to pick a unit we want maybe once or twice a year or for anniversary.

CCIE

Banned
That is all for now... I'll re-roll Japan a little bit more later on. My luck has turned sour the last hour or so. BTW, the coolest sprite award goes to the spoiler character - base 5* mage

Zhadgon

Thank you all. I opened beer for this. The project started 8th July and finished 30mins ago. Some crazy grinding, dont do it, there is a chance that you lose your sanity :p.

I purged inactive players from my list and have 9 open slots.

I will add people in first come and so on. Razmos what is your ID and are you Celegus on my flist, if not will add you too ID pls if not in fl).

Do you think you have a space for me, that ExDeath looks nasty.

.n_n.

chrono01

These crashes on iOS have been annoying. An update better be coming tomorrow or Friday. Straight Disrespectful.
Yeah.

I've been running Phantom Forest more now, since I've run out of quests/story content to do, and the crashing is really frustrating. I'm surprised it's taken them this long to fix it, normally things such as this are taken care of pretty quickly. And no, it happens even when I'm not suffering from a status ailment, since I kill all enemies there within one turn (not enough time to get status inflicted) and I have Auto LB off. Crashes still happen. :/

Valus

I'm on iOS but haven't suffered any crashes thankfully. Though I didn't bother messing with the new options after reading about it crashing the game. All I do is dailies and magicite runs nowadays.

Aurizen

Yeah.

I've been running Phantom Forest more now, since I've run out of quests/story content to do, and the crashing is really frustrating. I'm surprised it's taken them this long to fix it, normally things such as this are taken care of pretty quickly. And no, it happens even when I'm not suffering from a status ailment, since I kill all enemies there within one turn (not enough time to get status inflicted) and I have Auto LB off. Crashes still happen. :/

yeah same here. It might come after the maintenance.

Celegus

Don't do Wolfgang peak. Do kolobos Marsh instead. From my experience it's WAY more lucrative

Well, on 4 runs of Wolfgang and 5 of the Marsh the last couple days... I got 0 ice megacrysts. RNG gonna RNG, but there's a reason I still only have 2 hero rings (and haven't crafted one for about a month).

Lyrian

Divide by zero errors (known bugs) don't count :)

That's an interesting target to shoot for, with Valentus's 830k. Napkin math suggests that I probably can't get that high until the FF4 event occurs. Still, I'll keep that in my back pocket as something to shoot for in the meantime and see how close I can get with currently available gear.

GG-Duo

Really wish I had a Locke of my own right now.

I'm completely sold on Locke and his treasure boosts towards exploration nodes. He doesn't seem to add new drops, but it feels like he is multiplying existing drops. So, bad rolls on nodes are still bad. But, when the node rolls well, with Locke it rolls extraordinarily well.

Just walked out of an Earth Shrine - Exploration run (because I can convince myself to run this for the percentage point **and** red magicites) with EIGHT colored magicites for 3 stamina. That is outright stupid, and I saw similar results at times in PF yesterday. Granted, this is an exceptional result, but he is definitely magnifying the pulls from each node.

Thanks for sharing about this. I didn't know Locke has this passive ability.

Celegus

Tried out this Nox macro thing... it's pretty awesome. Don't think I'm going to start leaving my computer on over night or while I'm at work, but I can fire it up in the evening or if I'm working from home and it's already on. Super easy to set up and works perfectly. I set one up fast to burn through energy and one with a 5 minute delay that can run continuously. Can even run in the background no problem while I play StarCraft or Overwatch.

I was mostly just curious how it worked; always fun to tinker with stuff like this, like when I went through the whole process of getting my FF XII save files off the PS3 and onto the PC to run in the PS2 emulator with all the fancy HD upressing... and then never actually played it (though I already 100%'d it on the console).

Tried out this Nox macro thing... it's pretty awesome. Don't think I'm going to start leaving my computer on over night or while I'm at work, but I can fire it up in the evening or if I'm working from home and it's already on. Super easy to set up and works perfectly. I set one up fast to burn through energy and one with a 5 minute delay that can run continuously. Can even run in the background no problem while I play StarCraft or Overwatch.

I was mostly just curious how it worked; always fun to tinker with stuff like this, like when I went through the whole process of getting my FF XII save files off the PS3 and onto the PC to run in the PS2 emulator with all the fancy HD upressing... and then never actually played it (though I already 100%'d it on the console).

Yeah CCIE explained to me how to do it but idk, I get so intimidated by this kind of stuff lol

Heng

What is this TM farming and what is an Andy and how do I do it
TM farming is running one of the earth shrine levels for TM. Andy is a type of emulator but I'm not too sure beyond that. There's most likely a guide on YouTube that will teach you how to run it and make macros.

CCIE

Banned
Sorry - I'm really technical, and CCIE is my title for those that know what it means. I have zero issue with scripting or modifying things, since I do it for my clients all the time. What do you need help with, Chilly? I'd make a video for you guys, but my work might have an issue with that, which is why I wrote it out.

Nox is easier, but requires a VM to run on Mac, and it's slow.

Andy is an emulator that works extraordinarily well on my Mac. It emulates Android, and even loads Apps directly from the store as opposed to using APK files. It can use APK, but that is a much harder process. The scripting is done with Mac's Automator, and I spelled it out in post 10266 I believe

Sorry - I'm really technical, and CCIE is my title for those that know what it means. I have zero issue with scripting or modifying things, since I do it for my clients all the time. What do you need help with, Chilly? I'd make a video for you guys, but my work might have an issue with that, which is why I wrote it out.

Nox is easier, but requires a VM to run on Mac, and it's slow.

Andy is an emulator that works extraordinarily well on my Mac. It emulates Android, and even loads Apps directly from the store as opposed to using APK files. It can use APK, but that is a much harder process. The scripting is done with Mac's Automator, and I spelled it out in post 10266 I believe

You explained it perfectly CCIE! I'm just slow with technical stuff like that...despite posting on a hardcore gaming forum >.>

SeanTSC

So, I basically just started this (I just got my first cell phone ever a few days ago) and I'm still learning the ropes. So far I've got these characters from the few tickets I've gotten:

Rydia, Krile, Tellah, Cyan, Russell, Anastasis, Kenyu, Maxell, Bedile, Gilbert, Xiao, Maria, and Rizer.

Are there any particular characters I should look out for to build off that? I'm using Rydia, Krile, Tellah, Cyan, and Russel for my party right now. Not really sure what goes good together yet.

scarlet

I just found out that I haven't done the drain ability recipe.

And I could've done that while farming for those 4 hero's rings :(

I just seen I had Lenna and and I think I sold her by accident... Oh Woe is me :( She would've replace my Fina.

RIP. Lock your unit.

So, I basically just started this (I just got my first cell phone ever a few days ago) and I'm still learning the ropes. So far I've got these characters from the few tickets I've gotten:

Rydia, Krile, Tellah, Cyan, Russell, Anastasis, Kenyu, Maxell, Bedile, Gilbert, Xiao, Maria, and Rizer.

Are there any particular characters I should look out for to build off that? I'm using Rydia, Krile, Tellah, Cyan, and Russel for my party right now. Not really sure what goes good together yet.

Can you reroll?

tumblr_lh4ms3J8gE1qc1plk.gif

Reroll honey.

scarlet

I don't think so? I used my real FB account.

Oh, and I just drew a 4 Star Galuf a minute ago. Are those all bad characters or what? Tellah seems good.

You can make another FB account and make it as your main account for exvius.

Use your current one to reroll.

Anastasis, Kenyu, Maxell, Bedile, River, Russell are not great units.

SeanTSC

You can make another FB account and make it as your main account for exvius.

Use your current one to reroll.

Anastasis, Kenyu, Maxell, Bedile, River, Russell are not great units.

Ah. Some of those I got from the friend point summon thing, not Rare Tickets. Is it going to matter a ton if I just want to play it for the story stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom