• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

creid

Blew like 5 more tickets this morning in search of Lenna. Got mostly trash, but I got a RAINBOW CRYSTAL -
General Leo :(

Celegus

Is he the last boss? Guess my memory is super bad since I didn't even know and I remember Cecil, Kain and Cid. Or is Cecil and Kain in a different FF?
Cecil and Kain are from 4, which was originally called FF2 in the US on SNES. Emperor is from the JP FF2.

CCIE

Banned
Creid - why on Earth are you upset with Leo? He's a great unit for now, especially because he actually works like a tank without the use of Provoke from Golem. I wouldn't be upset if I pulled Leo at all.

It could have been a trash 5* unit

Now here's a question - anyone with Locke been farming with multiple Locke's in the party? Is it worth it?

leehom

Cecil and Kain are from 4, which was originally called FF2 in the US on SNES. Emperor is from the JP FF2.

There you go. I've only played the U.S. FF. When they introduced the japanese FF about a decade? later, never had a chance to play those. I saw on wiki that the original FF2 featured Firion, guy? and Maria too.

Kouriozan

There you go. I've only played the U.S. FF. When they introduced the japanese FF about a decade? later, never had a chance to play those. I saw on wiki that the original FF2 featured Firion, guy? and Maria too.
Ah yes, forgot about that different numbers in US.
2 start with Firion/Maria/Guy/Leon against 4 black knights that destroy you then you wake up without Leon.
Emperor Mateus, commonly called The Emperor, is the final boss.

Eidjinn

White Dragon (Int S-5) down! And you receive an awesome turbo ether.

Guess I'll wait for adv colosseum.

Now, I guess... back to TM farming... XD

leehom

Anyone think they swapped the ice/fire megacryst drop rate? I've been getting the ice fairly decently, but the fire is hard to come by now. Just ran two desert explorations and didn't get one.

Razmos

Oh God the Rem (FF Type-0) sprite is so damn good. I'm so glad Exvius gives type-0 some love, I will pull so much during that event.

Record Keeper badly needs a Type-0 realm and Mobius needs jobs for all 4 class types in the academy uniform.

I love type-0 lol

Rixa

Yoink
Screenshot_20160817-211156.png
-> Focus + Firaga ->
Screenshot_20160817-212105.png

Enjoy, he is my friend leader (2* Shiva is only 29).

creid

Creid - why on Earth are you upset with Leo? He's a great unit for now, especially because he actually works like a tank without the use of Provoke from Golem. I wouldn't be upset if I pulled Leo at all.

It could have been a trash 5* unit
Is he? I haven't seen much mention of him around here so I assumed he wasn't very good, plus I think I already have one of him at 3*.

Rixa

Urhhh, you got any free friend slots Rixa? Haha
That's damn impressive

DA GAWD

Thanks Rixa! Should come in handy!

The scary part is...his upcoming 6* will boost him even more....lawl

It's done!!! Congrats Rixa, now you just need double cast! What a beast!
Thank you all. I opened beer for this. The project started 8th July and finished 30mins ago. Some crazy grinding, dont do it, there is a chance that you lose your sanity :p.

I purged inactive players from my list and have 9 open slots.

I will add people in first come and so on. Razmos what is your ID and are you Celegus on my flist, if not will add you too ID pls if not in fl).

Celegus

I'm 613 905 040 and it doesn't look like I have you on my list yet, so that would be super.

And @CCIE wouldn't this make him an anti-whale? Doing all that work by hand, not through $$$. Or some sort of whale imposter, like a seal wearing goofy glasses with a mustache. Ya know... something like that.

Rixa

I'm 613 905 040 and it doesn't look like I have you on my list yet, so that would be super.
Tossed fr.
Congrats Rixa, that's really impressive indeed!
Noticed your Exdeath had more and more MAG recently, he'll be useful for sure.
You know. I have one Kefka, who is next in the list of characters to get from 3* to 5*. I want to see what Focus + HyperDrive does to that Earth Shrine - Exit boss :p.

So when ever I get Cactuars, will feed them to Kefka ;).

rixa add me please :)
511 959 177

Fr sent.

leehom

I will add people in first come and so on. Razmos what is your ID and are you Celegus on my flist, if not will add you too ID pls if not in fl).

Add me too please!, 448-411-781

Grezak

Congratulations Rixa! I'm still far behind, but slowly inching forward.

p1H0j4N.png

Should be done with DW and Gungnir by next week, few more for the others.

Gotta love your dedication though, since I'm using Nox and not doing this by hand like you!

Tossed fr.

You know. I have one Kefka, who is next in the list of characters to get from 3* to 5*. I want to see what Focus + HyperDrive does to that Earth Shrine - Exit boss :p.

So when ever I get Cactuars, will feed them to Kefka ;).

Fr sent.

added! thanks

Rixa

Add me too please!, 448-411-781
Fr sent
Congratulations Rixa! I'm still far behind, but slowly inching forward.
Should be done with DW and Gungnir by next week, few more for the others.

Gotta love your dedication though, since I'm using Nox and not doing this by hand like you!
Nice, its so much smarter to do with PC. I dont have a chance to keep my laptop open at nights (cats will eat cables prolly) :p And not sure if my laptop would be powerful enough either to handle Android emulation. So it just was "easier" to me to do it by phone.

I think I start 3rd Island tomorrow with my main team (in the picture). I prolly toss Cecil away and put Chizuru instead, just to leech those sweet sweet TM% :p.

Razmos

My ID is 646, 788, 350. Ignore the fact that my leader is Luna at the moment, that's because I'm trust mastery farming myself :p

I have 5 more slots available as well if anyone else wants to add me. My leader is usually a maxed out Kefka, though I'll probably replace him with Miyuki or Locke once I get barrage

I play every day and gift generously ;)

Coppanuva

My ID is 646, 788, 350. Ignore the fact thathat my leader is Luna at the moment, that's because I'm trust mastery farming myself :p

I have 5 more slots available as well if anyone else wants to add me. My leader is usually a maxed out Kefka, though I'll probably replace him with Miyuki or Lockerbie once I get barrage

I play every day and gift generously ;)

You can make your leader static in one of the options menus. I forget the exact one, but poke around a bit and you can set the default parties it pulls from.

CCIE

Banned
So I'm re-rolling Japan while bored working today... TMR on my phone for the Global account. A few observations

Hope has a damned awesome sprite
Gilgamesh is just plain weird looking
Arc doesn't have his little Japanese looking hat for some reason
Lani falls from the sky like rain, so beware when pulling FFIX banner
Tidus has a badass sprite as well
Orlandu is cool, but not as big a fan of his sprite he looks fat.

Still keeping my Tidus/Orlandu account on the back burner

Japanese players get 5000+ Lapis and 5 tickets to work with at the start

CCIE

Banned
People will take Rixa for a whale, even though he actually did it through hard work. He's definitely got one of the most OP characters on my list. And I have from what I can tell a half dozen whales in my FL

Iceman829

You can make your leader static in one of the options menus. I forget the exact one, but poke around a bit and you can set the default parties it pulls from.

Thanks for this tip. I set my Colosseum team as well through this method. It gets rid of that big headache of swapping back and forth through the squads.

Congrats Rixa that's some serious work you put in

Lyrian

Thank you all. I opened beer for this. The project started 8th July and finished 30mins ago. Some crazy grinding, dont do it, there is a chance that you lose your sanity :p.

Wow, just wow.

I was going to post a grats for reaching Rank 50, but that is a serious tip of the hat of respect for the effort applied there. Grinding Earth Shrine is even beyond me. I can't convince myself that it's worth the effort for just a chance at 0.1% per energy. Not enough motivation to sell me on doing that for a month straight. Kudos on performing the extraordinary (and that's coming from a person whose on the verge of 50 trophies, whose almost equally crazy)!

Lyrian

People will take Rixa for a whale, even though he actually did it through hard work. He's definitely got one of the most OP characters on my list. And I have from what I can tell a half dozen whales in my FL

Lucky, I suppose. On my list of 130, he's the only one with TMs. Everyone else has stock equipment/abilities. Bad draw on my part, I suppose.

CCIE

Banned
Chilly - I just drew the Emperor in one of my pulls... nothing else of note though. His sprite is pretty damned cool

Aurizen

Nice!! I think Gumi takes a lot of flak, but they seem to genuinely be trying with FFBE. I think they read the Reddit page, because a lot of the concerns I've been seeing are getting addressed slowly. And I'm slowly reaching the point I won't need Gigantaurs as much. All my units are L70+, and I am now taking the time to level up Rain, Bartz#2, and Kefka#2

Hope they do somthing about rates... I would love for use to actually pick a unit of our choosing once in a while. at the cost of maybe 10 tickets or something like that along with random units.

CCIE

Banned
Aurizen - I expect to never draw any of the premium units, which is why I'm rerolling Japan right now. At least I will get to see the units by doing so

Lyrian

So, why would you want those useless firagas you would get pulling 20 vivis while you try to get a zidane?

I would say to you "because there will be events that will give you rewards if you use only specific units, and equiping firaga to krile/rydia/vivi himself will be very useful!"

But fuck gumi, they're too lazy to do that type of fun events that challenge you to use all your units and think of a good strategy.

Completely agree with you. The strong "plug" abilities to fill holes in solid 5* characters (like the elemental -ga spells) are all locked behind TMs.

Gumi's strategy is really this:

The player needs to either:

1) Complete TMs to "complete" 5* characters with visible holes/gaps in their character sets

or

2) Whale/get extremely lucky and roll a 5* base unit that does not have these holes.

Pretty sure they are banking on most people not having the willpower to complete option 1 and therefore defaulting to whaling for option 2.

Chasing Vivis for Firaga is not necessarily a bad thing for a consolation prize. Equipping Firaga on Kefka fills in the largest hole in his skillset (lack of elemental fire coverage). There's a whole lot worse for consolation prizes (see Lani).

Lyrian

Really wish I had a Locke of my own right now.

I'm completely sold on Locke and his treasure boosts towards exploration nodes. He doesn't seem to add new drops, but it feels like he is multiplying existing drops. So, bad rolls on nodes are still bad. But, when the node rolls well, with Locke it rolls extraordinarily well.

Just walked out of an Earth Shrine - Exploration run (because I can convince myself to run this for the percentage point **and** red magicites) with EIGHT colored magicites for 3 stamina. That is outright stupid, and I saw similar results at times in PF yesterday. Granted, this is an exceptional result, but he is definitely magnifying the pulls from each node.

If you still got spots can you add me. my id is 424,359,299
Need more people on my list since I purged half of inactive people so anyone else is welcomed to add me

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Hope they do somthing about rates... I would love for use to actually pick a unit of our choosing once in a while. at the cost of maybe 10 tickets or something like that along with random units.

That is not how these games work. If they allowed you to pick units, it would defeat the entire purpose of how they make money. And 10 tickets would be a pittance price.

Nor is running off to the JPN servers going to magically change your luck. You're still going to hit with good times and bad times. I would probably recommend playing another game or removing your credit card from Google if that is the case. I would highly suggest one of these two if this is the case. Same way I use to recommend people who fixate on stuff in MMOs do. These games are meant to exploit gambling addiction.

For fun, I decided to give the JPN version a try.
1. Galuf
2. Hayate
3. Penolo
4. Shadow
5. Edgar
6. Penolo
7. Karl
8.Bedillie
9. Azellum
10. Clyne
11. Karl
12. Luna
13. Clyne
14. Hayate
15. Rydia
16. Terra
17. Azellium
18. Bedillie

So in 18 pulls, I got one useful character(Terra)

Razmos

Really wish I had a Locke of my own right now.

I'm completely sold on Locke and his treasure boosts towards exploration nodes. He doesn't seem to add new drops, but it feels like he is multiplying existing drops. So, bad rolls on nodes are still bad. But, when the node rolls well, with Locke it rolls extraordinarily well.

Just walked out of an Earth Shrine - Exploration run (because I can convince myself to run this for the percentage point **and** red magicites) with EIGHT colored magicites for 3 stamina. That is outright stupid, and I saw similar results at times in PF yesterday. Granted, this is an exceptional result, but he is definitely magnifying the pulls from each node.
Damn, I can't wait to max out my Locke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom