• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heng

Is he a whale disguised as a fish?
They have tons of HP+10/15% materia equipped, you can check all their equips here.
Doesn't look like he's a whale tbh, but maybe I'm wrong. I'm not sure where the +15% mag(?) on his Exdeath comes from.

It's nice to know we can clear that content with 2 of the free characters that they gave us, but it does seem like a good amount of damage came from his mages. I hope we get the DQ event, that sword is amazing.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Doesn't look like he's a whale tbh, but maybe I'm wrong. I'm not sure where the +15% mag(?) on his Exdeath comes from.

It's nice to know we can clear that content with 2 of the free characters that they gave us, but it does seem like a good amount of damage came from his mages. I hope we get the DQ event, that sword is amazing.

ExDeath was a friend. The other five where his characters. 3 being the free units(One gets introduced later), one being Bartz, and one being the tank pull on Lightning's banner.

The majority in this thread already have a better team by far then what he used.

But if people want to keep making excuses :p

Kouriozan

Maxwell don't seems to have a lot of SPR, and is considered human, so yeah Exdeath is very effective against her.
Some materias come from King Moggle exchange, available during "grinding currencies" event, a few are exclusive to a specific character.
Our first one should be Final Fantasy Tactics by the way.

Pejo

Welp, another day, another disappointing pull in search of WoL. Today's edition: Cyan.

I can't wait til this banner is gone, tbh. Get that damn temptation away from me.

Lyrian

It's nice to know we can clear that content with 2 of the free characters that they gave us, but it does seem like a good amount of damage came from his mages.

Of the three types of chaining, Element Chaining is by far the easiest to exploit. It is literally as easy to telling all of your units to cast the same spell at the same time (and then click then Repeat button in subsequent rounds) and stacks up to 200% bonus damage per cast per unit (3x total damage).

She is the second best right now... I'm not sure what else you can ask for.

Well yeah, you're right.

Since no one answered you, I will share my thoughts:
  • Barblizzara recipe (Wolfsfang Peak) is useful if you need protection against the Demon Chimera.
  • Bug Killer recipe (Kolobos Reef) is a nice ability, and may come in handy against bug bosses (assuming there are bug bosses, that is).
  • MP+10% recipe (Shrine of Decay), always useful, especially for your dedicated healer.
  • SPR+10% recipe (Kolobos Marsh), for the added resistance and healing power.

Honestly, those are the only ones which seem to be interesting to me. Your mileage may vary, and I'm interested in knowing what the other members think. Also curious to know what is the content of future silver chests.

Thanks. Quoting this for future references.

CCIE

Banned
In all my re-rolls on the Japanese side, plus all the pulls I did here, I've still never drawn WoL. He really doesn't love me

Is Kuja any good? I got one during my yolo all my tickets spree when this banner first dropped.

Eh, not really lol

He's 5th in line at the Top 5 Mages in global right now and his kit leaves much to be desired. BUUUUUTTTTT

He's Kuja, so he's amazing, and he might get a potential 6* in the future so theres that!

Folstern

Going to wait and see if Zidane is in the second FFIX banner with Garnet and/or Freya/Amarant and use some tickets then. A couple Zidane's would do nicely. Then a couple of Ludmille. Really don't care about Lightning.

CCIE

Banned
Lightning must be next to impossible to draw. Been re-rolling Japan for fun, and I've yet to see her. Seen almost every other unit out there in some capacity

Vashetti

Banned
Daily pullllllll

Luna.

Could be worse.

Is she any good? I pulled a 4* version of her but never bothered with her because she's not a main FF character >.<

GMIKZax.png

Is my party okay?

Is she any good? I pulled a 4* version of her but never bothered with her because she's not a main FF character >.<

As an actual unit? Meh, nothing too special.

Her TM, Trust Mastery reward however is Barrage...which is effectively the best physical attack skill in the game. Worth it to put the skill on other PHY damage dealers who don't have it.

Like Garland.

Pejo

In all my re-rolls on the Japanese side, plus all the pulls I did here, I've still never drawn WoL. He really doesn't love me

You and I need to start a WoL support group. The good news for me is that I'm not even tempted at pulling anything from now until either the Secret of Mana or Type Zero banners, if we even get them.

My team is pretty much stacked in all ways in my pursuits of going for WoL and being disappointed. Hell, I've got 70% TM on Lenna already and she hasn't even seen battle yet.

Lyrian

Trying to level up 5* units via ADV Vortex is absolutely painful :/

There's always that stack of daily energy potions being handed out, but that feels so wasteful...

There's always that stack of daily energy potions being handed out, but that feels so wasteful...

I agree. This is what I've been doing the last few days and I feel like I should be farming hero rings or something instead.

Lyrian

Since no one answered you, I will share my thoughts:
  • Barblizzara recipe (Wolfsfang Peak) is useful if you need protection against the Demon Chimera.
  • Bug Killer recipe (Kolobos Reef) is a nice ability, and may come in handy against bug bosses (assuming there are bug bosses, that is).
  • MP+10% recipe (Shrine of Decay), always useful, especially for your dedicated healer.
  • SPR+10% recipe (Kolobos Marsh), for the added resistance and healing power.

Honestly, those are the only ones which seem to be interesting to me. Your mileage may vary, and I'm interested in knowing what the other members think. Also curious to know what is the content of future silver chests.

I'll add to this:

-- Group resistances are not necessarily needed right this second, but are one of those "really good abilities to have in your back pocket if needed" for future content. Low priority, but should be placed on a watch list for future consideration.

Full list of available craftable/obtainable group resist abilities:

** Barwatera: Silver Chest - Grandport
** Baraerora: Silver Chest - Lanzelt Ruins
** Barstonra: Silver Chest - Westersand
** Barblizzara: Silver Chest - Wolfsgang (mentioned previously)
** Barfira: Colosseum BGN-C-4 clear reward
** Barthundara: Colosseum BGN-B-2 clear reward

** Light/dark resist spells do not exist currently in an obtainable form on Global.

Lyrian

I agree. This is what I've been doing the last few days and I feel like I should be farming hero rings or something instead.

I've been slowly dumping daily vortex runs for the 50 lapis into Lenna, but its so.... slow. 3 ADV runs = 4 levels is almost soul shattering.

I guess I can be motivated to burn energy portions if Ainsel tomorrow mandates a Curaja healer. Otherwise, I'd rather save the potions for the likely return of Cactaur Dunes next weekend.

I've been slowly dumping daily vortex runs for the 50 lapis into Lenna, but its so.... slow. 3 ADV runs = 4 levels is almost soul shattering.

I guess I can be motivated to burn energy portions if Ainsel tomorrow mandates a Curaja healer. Otherwise, I'd rather save the potions for the likely return of Cactaur Dunes next weekend.

I haven't been saving those potions either, but I definitely will from now on for cactaurs. I'm also leveling a Lenna.
and WoL don't hate me guys

Celegus

Benefit of hardly ever pulling... I rarely have units to level up! Right now I have... Kain and Rydia I guess?

shintoki

sparkle this bitch

Right now, it's better to TM farm and use the Cati from FP to level up units.

leehom

Woot, finally got the mats for six more hero rings. Now I can do something else like farm more upgrade mats for whenever I actually pull a decent character to level up.

So far I've got five hr, one baking, mats for six more. All quests/story mode finished, all characters max level, all easy to normal trophies knocked out, coliseum completed, all optional and esper bosses defeated.

Only thing I can think of is TM farming and hoping my horrible luck that I can pull a decent future 6* character when the next good banner drops. Also looking forward to the new event tomorrow? :D

I guess most people would be sick of this game by now, but I want more....
Starting to think it's very very difficult to get a good pull using tickets. Outside of the 10 tickets launch, I haven't had a good pull since.

Edit: Almost forgot, haven't leveled my espers to lv2 yet, guess I should work on that before TM.

Nohar

Well, Demon Chimera beaten, mainly thanks to my CoD doing most of the work (Rank 2* Ifrit and Beast Killer helped). I only have to bring Exdeath to level 80 and farm rank exp ad nauseum for a few weeks I guess. I also need a lot of Farplane Souls (spent those to create basic abilities for the trophies, and realized just now that I need them for MP+10%).

Eidjinn

Lightning must be next to impossible to draw. Been re-rolling Japan for fun, and I've yet to see her. Seen almost every other unit out there in some capacity

Dude, I've being reading your jp rolls, and I'm doing a few for fun here... and I just can't stop laughing:

- first jp roll: 4 Sabins, Shadow... 2 Tiliths
- second jp roll: Agrias, Ovelia... and tons of horrible units
- third jp roll: Hope... tons of Sabins... maybe one or two good units.
- fourth jp roll: nothing! NOTHING!

Now I'm thanking God to the units I have right now in Global!

Is my party okay?

Okay, yes: Rain gets a 6* evolution in the future and becomes quite awesome. Vaan has Full Break which, to me, is kinda essential, as it helped me in a lot of the bosses.

Heng

ExDeath was a friend. The other five where his characters. 3 being the free units(One gets introduced later), one being Bartz, and one being the tank pull on Lightning's banner.

The majority in this thread already have a better team by far then what he used.

But if people want to keep making excuses :p
Oh. I did a quick look while writing that post and didn't see the 6th unit. Freaking Exdeath concealing teammates lol.

Of the three types of chaining, Element Chaining is by far the easiest to exploit. It is literally as easy to telling all of your units to cast the same spell at the same time (and then click then Repeat button in subsequent rounds) and stacks up to 200% bonus damage per cast per unit (3x total damage).
Hmm maybe I should try using more than 1 mage then. Is it worth using an extra mage or two instead of using CoD/Garland? They won't have the same amount of MAG compared to my Kefka though.

Do you need to complete the tutorial in order to link your account to it on a new device?
I'm pretty sure you can but I'd advise you not to do that unless you don't want to reroll. Rerolling for a better team isn't necessary but it can help. Honestly if you play the game long enough, you're bound to get amazing characters.

Iceman829

I'm pretty sure you can but I'd advise you not to do that unless you don't want to reroll. Rerolling for a better team isn't necessary but it can help. Honestly if you play the game long enough, you're bound to get amazing characters.

My team is already locked in with my FB account. I was just trying to setup on another device last night to not burn out my phone and it kept prompting me to play through the tutorial. I was just checking if I missed something on the main screen before I start.

CCIE

Banned
I've determined a time of day when the Japanese server seems to be rather nice to me. In three days now, it always gives me good units during that timeframe. Wish I could do the same with the Global server.

Last night I finally made it to Frost Dragon and tapped its ass. What should I do with Coliseum points now? I wonder if ADV tier has come out in Japan yet.

Since I think farming TM without the Moogles is sheer lunacy, all I have to work on now is leveling Espers and waiting for my friend gift trophy to complete so I can get that damn Hero Ring recipe. Once I'm done leveling Espers I'll go back to HR ingredient farming but can make two right away when I get the recipe. Since it's not really supposed to shine untl 6* not worried about stocking up on them right this second. I only have a max of 30 friends so taking a while to complete that achievement but almost there ;p I haven't received nearly as many gifts as I've given because I had a habit of keeping on strong units in my friends list even if they didn't play anymore but I've started removing them for gaffers lately.

Does leveling Espers to 2* lower their stats like awakening units does? I forgot to check when I got Golem to 2*. Basically I want to know if I should prioritize leveling an esper back up when it hits 2* versus getting more espers to 2*. I started with Golem to teach WoL Provoke and Cover and now am about to get Ramuh to 2*. I might do Ifrit before Shiva just because I already have him at lvl 18 but I'm thinking I'll do those two and then wait for Diablos since Siren sucks. So yeah, does leveling the 2* Esper give a significant enough stat boost to units to warrant going out of my way to continue farming magicite for them?

Lyrian

Right now, it's better to TM farm and use the Cati from FP to level up units.

True, but there is only so much FP grinding one can take in a day though without a macro running. And sometimes, you just want to dump your energy so that you don't have to look at the phone again for a few hours.

Lyrian

THEN YOU HAVE NOTHING

Excuse me, princess? Talking smack about Rydia :/

On the other hand, I just realized that I have been crippling my side project by not feeding Rydia limit breaks via Fina's Entrust skill. I could have been at least one or two limit break levels higher by now. Bah humbug.

Oh well. Trophy #47: 1000 espers summoned, obtained.

Aurizen

Well i tried asking to recover my Lenna and they couldn't :( I thought it would be like Brave Frontier where they could do that :( The best current healer in the game and i forgot to lock her in... smh

Lyrian

Last night I finally made it to Frost Dragon and tapped its ass. What should I do with Coliseum points now? I wonder if ADV tier has come out in Japan yet.

Does leveling Espers to 2* lower their stats like awakening units does? I forgot to check when I got Golem to 2*. Basically I want to know if I should prioritize leveling an esper back up when it hits 2* versus getting more espers to 2*. I started with Golem to teach WoL Provoke and Cover and now am about to get Ramuh to 2*. I might do Ifrit before Shiva just because I already have him at lvl 18 but I'm thinking I'll do those two and then wait for Diablos since Siren sucks. So yeah, does leveling the 2* Esper give a significant enough stat boost to units to warrant going out of my way to continue farming magicite for them?

ADV Colosseum in JP? Nope.

Espers awakening to 2* lower stats? Nope, unlike units. Stats only go up. Also, the xp curve for espers at 2* is much easier than at 1* from 1-30 (you pay that back and then some at 31-40 though).

2* Esper skills: Most espers gain access to some solid skills (Siren is questionable), such as killers at 2*. Golem learns Provoke, which is big for any tank on a team.

Lyrian

Well i tried asking to recover my Lenna and they couldn't :( I thought it would be like Brave Frontier where they could do that :( The best current healer in the game and i forgot to lock her in... smh

Sorry to hear that. At least there is still a chance to pull her again tonight, if you want. There's always Garnet in a week or so, but she's going to be WoL/Chizuru hard to pull though.

ADV Colosseum in JP? Nope.

Espers awakening to 2* lower stats? Nope, unlike units. Stats only go up. Also, the xp curve for espers at 2* is much easier than at 1* from 1-30 (you pay that back and then some at 31-40 though).

2* Esper skills: Most espers gain access to some solid skills (Siren is questionable), such as killers at 2*. Golem learns Provoke, which is big for any tank on a team.

Damn, weird that it's not out in Japan since they have enough continents added for multiple bosses. So anyone have an answer on what stage I should use Colosseum points on now? What are you guys doing with it? I'll at least do 3 a day for the daily but wondering if there's a reward worth grinding.

Nice, I should probably prioritize getting all of them except Siren to 2* then before maxing any 2*. This way I can get the useful skills sooner too since I have tons of points by not using any on the 1* grid. That's how I was able to instantly learn Provoke and Cover with Golem. Looking forward to seeing what Ramuh has at 2* soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom