• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurizen

Someone on reddit beat the recent event boss in JPN(Maxwell) with just standard base 3* units.

It is interesting to note how many of the bosses can be done with a bit of luck and decent prep.

I struggle with Gore-Chimera and continue to struggle with him so I doubt I'll have much luck with Maxwell... I think I never beat him in BF either hahaha. Destiny haunts me.

Sorry to hear that. At least there is still a chance to pull her again tonight, if you want. There's always Garnet in a week or so, but she's going to be WoL/Chizuru hard to pull though.

**OMG UPDATE***!!!

I DID 3 summons to hope I get Lenna Back and I got her! this time as a 3 star thats fine! the other 2 was Kain and another Tellah

Excuse me, princess? Talking smack about Rydia :/

On the other hand, I just realized that I have been crippling my side project by not feeding Rydia limit breaks via Fina's Entrust skill. I could have been at least one or two limit break levels higher by now. Bah humbug.

Oh well. Trophy #47: 1000 espers summoned, obtained.

I have a Rydia myself...I'll wait to see how your experiment goes :)

Grats Auri!!!!!!!

Things I've learned from fighting 2* Siren (yeah I don't know why got Siren to 2* before Golem but at least it is easy rank EXP fight); Trine and Hyperdrive can be used while under silence status.

That's interesting and speaking of Trine, I decided to give it a try on Frost Dragon since CCIE said it was useful but it never worked on him for me *shrug*. Wonder if CCIE has a stat that ties to that higher than me or something. Does Trine not go off of Magic? Maybe not if it works when silenced.

chrono01

**OMG UPDATE***!!!

I DID 3 summons to hope I get Lenna Back and I got her! this time as a 3 star thats fine! the other 2 was Kain and another Tellah
Oh man, congrats! I'm glad to hear it all worked out for you. :)

You inspired me, so I used the single summon ticket I had left (after using around...24 during this event, and 3k Lapis on draws) for a Lenna...

SUCCESS!

I know, she's no WoL, but I don't even care. I finally got her.

That's interesting and speaking of Trine, I decided to give it a try on Frost Dragon since CCIE said it was useful but it never worked on him for me *shrug*. Wonder if CCIE has a stat that ties to that higher than me or something. Does Trine not go off of Magic?

Trine and Binding Cold both have a certain percentage that work, sticked him with it a few times. Same goes for Grand Cross from Ex-Death, the status effect is random but seemed to have a higher attach rate for some reason.

Lyrian

**OMG UPDATE***!!!

Congrats on the Lenna reclaim! Lock that unit down this time!
Chilly said:

Some interesting tidbits I can say I 100% sure about in regards to summoning:

-- Summoning damage calculation completely uses the esper's stats, not those of the summoner. Espers inflict the same damage, whether the caster is geared out or buck naked.

-- As such, no buffs casted upon the summoner have any effect at all on esper damage. Faith/Focus is useless.

-- Only Imperil affects Esper damage. Interestingly, the debuff modifier is applied **after** the damage calculation is made. Imperil is a 20% reduction to resistances, so a summon will do exactly 20% additional damage to an imperiled enemy.

-- AFAIK right now, the only player-facing way to buff esper damage (because buffs are useless) is via EVO MAG + abilities. These abilities, even to date on JP, are possessed only by Rydia (3* base) and Garnet (4* base). I am unsure (can't find any via searching) if there is any gear at all that ever increases EVO MAG.

More poking and prodding on an incremental level tonight.

Celegus

-- AFAIK right now, the only player-facing way to buff esper damage (because buffs are useless) is via EVO MAG + abilities. These abilities, even to date on JP, are possessed only by Rydia (3* base) and Garnet (4* base). I am unsure (can't find any via searching) if there is any gear at all that ever increases EVO MAG.

Pretty sure Golbez also gets it at 80. I finally hit 80 with him and was like... wat.

Heng

Damn, weird that it's not out in Japan since they have enough continents added for multiple bosses. So anyone have an answer on what stage I should use Colosseum points on now? What are you guys doing with it? I'll at least do 3 a day for the daily but wondering if there's a reward worth grinding.
You can steal elixir from the boss in BEG C-1 if you want those. Otherwise not really, but you should still keep doing them because there's 9 achievements tied to Colosseum.

Aurizen

Grats Auri!!!!!!!

You inspired me, so I used the single summon ticket I had left (after using around...24 during this event, and 3k Lapis on draws) for a Lenna...

SUCCESS!

Congrats on the Lenna reclaim! Lock that unit down this time!

Some interesting tidbits I can say I 100% sure about in regards to summoning:

-- Summoning damage calculation completely uses the esper's stats, not those of the summoner. Espers inflict the same damage, whether the caster is geared out or buck naked.

-- As such, no buffs casted upon the summoner have any effect at all on esper damage. Faith/Focus is useless.

-- Only Imperil affects Esper damage. Interestingly, the debuff modifier is applied **after** the damage calculation is made. Imperil is a 20% reduction to resistances, so a summon will do exactly 20% additional damage to an imperiled enemy.

More poking and prodding on an incremental level tonight.

Thanks guys! I'm really happy I get to replace Rina :D

Kouriozan

Actually, I looked at upcoming tank and Snow will be the top one
for a month, until Cecil's 6*
I'm afraid Cecil won't have a rate up, even with the upcoming FF 4 event >.<

CCIE

Banned
Congrats on pulling Lenna, Chrono! Aurizen, congrats on getting her back!
I've fought the Frost Dragon three times, and never had a problem landing Trine the first one to two times. After that, it seems to become resistant. However, after my last attempt with FB, I hit it every time I cast it, which was three times

CCIE

Banned
Not a chance... I'll wait to see the following banner and what the rates look to be on Zidane. Judging by the rates that Lani shows up on the Japanese server, she's going to be a lot of people's new best bud.

Lyrian

Pretty sure Golbez also gets it at 80. I finally hit 80 with him and was like... wat.

You, sir, are technically correct. The best kind of correct.

Never seen anyone ever mention Golbez. But, yes, he gets EVO MAG +30%. This places him behind Garnet (who gets +10% and +30%) and Rydia (who gets +10%, +20%, and +30%). Nevertheless, I expect EVO MAG +30% to be a rather huge buff to esper damage.

Yet, I am advancing towards a conclusion that the EVO MAG buffs are much more significant that the two wikis suggest that they are at face value. Not quite there yet, but getting pretty close to saying that the wikis are outright wrong on the buff.

First rounds of incremental data against the Earth Shrine boss using Shiva:

At 5115 MAG: 364,997 damage (times 1.2 for Imperil) = 437,996

Next esper level,

At 5160 MAG: 373,252 damage (times 1.2 for Imperil) = 447,902

MAG increased by (5160-5115)/5115 = 0.88%, yet base damage increased by (373252-364997)/364997 = 2.26% increase.

Shiva's EVO MAG increased by 45 to generate 8,255 additional damage.

That's definitely not a linear relationship, and its an exponential factor greater than 2. No clue what is causing that yet, however.

chrono01

I've fought the Frost Dragon three times, and never had a problem landing Trine the first one to two times. After that, it seems to become resistant. However, after my last attempt with FB, I hit it every time I cast it, which was three times
Thanks, finally nice to get something I've wanted from this banner. It's been a long (and frustrating) road thus far, so it was needed. :(

so friends, you pulling tomorrow? y/n
Not me. I'm saving for Lightning.

I am interested in seeing what luck you all have, though!

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
New Banner, Same Old

ImageGen.ashx

Aurizen

Thanks, finally nice to get something I've wanted from this banner. It's been a long (and frustrating) road thus far, so it was needed. :(

Not me. I'm saving for Lightning.

I am interested in seeing what luck you all have, though!

Yeah I'm saving for lightning too! Hope for good stuff!

Going to wait until next week if there Zidane is in part 2 banner.... not going to hold my breath for that. Going to wait until we get a consensus on boost rate for Zidane too.

Congrats! you so ready to dump Fina you even misspelled her name!

hahaha I did misspell her name! I definitely am glad she's gone.

leehom

I have firion and Leo, but I don't understand what makes them good? Leo is okay because of armor and power break, other than that he's kinda useless. Firion only has blade bash. They don't seem like exceptional tanks or have great skills or do a lot of dmg.

SUCCESS!

Congrats!!! Your demon is gone! You have the best healer in the game right now and that's more useful than a tank atm so rejoice :D
Trine and Binding Cold both have a certain percentage that work, sticked him with it a few times. Same goes for Grand Cross from Ex-Death, the status effect is random but seemed to have a higher attach rate for some reason.

Huh, well I tried it right off the bat and for multiple rounds in a row even with Full Break on, and Faith on Kefka but nadda. Oh well, didn't need it but if he was a challenge to me I'd be annoyed it didn't stick ;p Kinda sad there's no "strong" boss left to challenge in Global right now.
so friends, you pulling tomorrow? y/n

Hell no, trash banner. All the more so because Garnett isn't in it so those that couldn't land Lenna are still without their Fina supplanter. Also with Zidane getting his own event, smarter to wait for that for his TM. Unless you're a FFIX collector and fanatic, no reason to pull. At this point I only feel compelled to pull for Lightning, Orlandu, and maybe Vargus and Gilgamesh. I just need a strong physical attacker. Chizu would be an awesome consolation prize too.

You can steal elixir from the boss in BEG C-1 if you want those. Otherwise not really, but you should still keep doing them because there's 9 achievements tied to Colosseum.
Thanks! I'll farm that I guess. I was planning on doing it for the daily each day but I forgot about the trophies so thanks for the reminder.

I have firion and Leo, but I don't understand what makes them good? Leo is okay because of armor and power break, other than that he's kinda useless. Firion only has blade bash. They don't seem like exceptional tanks or have great skills or do a lot of dmg.

Firion @ 6* gets "killer" just about everything which means he does more damage on a base level to just about every type of enemy ever.

Leo is a decent tank for now given his 20% def boost and the passive that draws attacks. Again, the current content doesn't REALLY require a dedicated tank so...

chrono01

Yeah I'm saving for lightning too! Hope for good stuff!
Lightning or Lightening of ones' wallet? Time will decide!

Congrats!!! Your demon is gone! You have the best healer in the game right now and that's more useful than a tank atm so rejoice :D
Thanks man.

The last week or so, the game has been really evil with pulls for me, so it's a relief to finally get something of value. At least now I have something new to level up, as I needed another project aside from grinding Magicite.

Valentus

right now Firion is Barf, but when he gets 6star he will get:

+75% damage to birds/insects/plants
+50% damage to dragons
ATK+25% /SPR+30% when equip Bow/Gun/projectile
+50% damage to demons
ATK+10%
ATK+30% when equip axe/hammer/lance/knuckle
+50% damage to beasts
ATK/DEF +20% when equip dagger/sword/great sword/katana
+75% damage to beasts/devils/dragons

All those abilities are innates. So you can equip other killer-materias for more damage.

Firion in action vs bahamut

It's good that 6* is pimping out all the physical attackers so there are still good options to fall in my lap if I whiff on the banner targets. That said, the game really hasn't wanted me to get a good physical attacker to the degree that I haven't even pulled a Luna for her TM haha All in good time, I'm getting Orlandu...BELIEVE. I wish we could figure out the exact dates all these future banners will hit.

right now Firion is Barf, but when he gets 6star he will get:

+75% damage to birds/insects/plants
+50% damage to dragons
ATK+25% /SPR+30% when equip Bow/Gun/projectile
+50% damage to demons
ATK+10%
ATK+30% when equip axe/hammer/lance/knuckle
+50% damage to beasts
ATK/DEF +20% when equip dagger/sword/great sword/katana
+75% damage to beasts/devils/dragons

All those abilities are innates. So you can equip other killer-materias for more damage.

Firion in action vs bahamut

tumblr_mv1coc5kIQ1stjck6o1_400.gif

Damn, got excited for a second when I thought Bahamut came out as an obtainable esper over there haha If they made him an event, wonder if that rules him out as one. I know Ifrit and Shiva? have an event but they added "Dark" to their names.

Aurizen

will there be an upgrade to the material vortex with the fire and ice and other megacryst? farming is a drag and I want to get like material to make 6 or so hero ring.

RedZaraki

Banned
That's interesting and speaking of Trine, I decided to give it a try on Frost Dragon since CCIE said it was useful but it never worked on him for me *shrug*. Wonder if CCIE has a stat that ties to that higher than me or something. Does Trine not go off of Magic? Maybe not if it works when silenced.

I believe the odds early in a fight are 50% for each status effect (or something), but then the dragon becomes immune to that stat for the rest of the fight, with the exception of the "break" stat decreases.

So you can paralyze him once, blind him once, sleep him once, etc. But the applications themselves aren't exactly reliable.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I believe the odds early in a fight are 50% for each status effect (or something), but then the dragon becomes immune to that stat for the rest of the fight, with the exception of the "break" stat decreases.

So you can paralyze him once, blind him once, sleep him once, etc. But the applications themselves aren't exactly reliable.

I experienced the exact opposite. I could never get him with anything to begin with. So I spend my first 3 turns bursting hard, then applied them. Suddenly they all worked.

On Pulling tomorrow, unless Zidaine is dropping like Candy, no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom