• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragner

42 summons to get 2 zidanes. yep.

At least now Have a good party to macro, 2 zidanes, 1 miyuki,1 Cecil, 1 Chizuru.

See you in like a month, 24/7 temple running (new event sucks).

CCIE

Banned
Damn, event is no joke. I completely forgot I had Cheer though, so beat her ass without it. The boss for the exit is the worst. If you don't get one of them out, they chain you to death - they smoked Lenna the first time out

1/2 pull was garbage - there's a surprise

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I love this event.

Material costs are good.
Exploration map is solid.
Battles are interesting.
Shit ton of rare farm material on the side.
Good exp, money.
5 Resource points, lot of times a Megacrystal

ehh 20 runs for MAYBE one Hp+15%

you basically have to be committed to farming this event and the unit XP sucks since youll likely need a strong ass team to beat the bosses

This is a pretty good event for me because I was farming kolobos marsh otherwise, it is good for megacrysts and also leveling my high 4 star and mid 5 star units. I also like the bonus of giant cactaurs and gil snappers.

Kouriozan

Game crash at 100% chances at my 2nd action against Aisel, at each run, where's my lapis compensation >.<
I'm doing WoL swipe -> Full Break, any other character swipe -> crash
Thankfully after reboot it don't crash.

you basically have to be committed to farming this event and the unit XP sucks since youll likely need a strong ass team to beat the bosses
The facebook billion likes bonus gives 30 free NRG a day which is the equivilant of two free runs so in that sense it is not unreasonable to obtain and it certainly isn't another gravity rod (I wonder if there was anyone who went for two of those...it was just about possible in time frame...). Agree about the unit EXP though (I'm at the point where my units are either minimum level so too frail to run a party of or max level so get no EXP). I'm just ignoring the tougher boss for now which of course means less HP+15%...

I also like the bonus of giant cactaurs and gil snappers.
This reminds me has anyone had more than one of each per run? I'm pretty sure I'm running the encounters down to zero yet one of each is all I get.

Dragner

you maybe stop thinking that materials are good when you know the requirements are double or tripled the ones japan had. And Japanese already said this event was crapsauce...

*uses half cost pull*
*gets 3* Lani*

Well, I wanted her just because, well, she looks cool, etc. I'm still mystified she's a 4* max, though. Maybe if I'm lucky one of these days I'll pull a Chizuru, but my party ain't really bad, right now.

Kouriozan

I'm sure as hell I didn't do it 20 times and yet got 17 pure stones.

8aKB8aol.jpg

I should be at 9 or 10 runs.
Ainsel give 2 pure stones almost every time for me.

Current team :
Bartz 5* lvl 72 (no barrage yet)
Chizuru 5* lvl 80
Warrior of Light 5* lvl 75
Chizuru 5* lvl 37
Lenna 5* lvl 74 (no Curaja and Cheer)

kswiston

welp, pulled the daily 1/2 cost summon, got a 3* Anzelm... I guess I will hold onto my other 3700 lapis (and all the tickets from that daily chest) for later. I have a number of units to work up anyhow.

The Into the Abyss expedition bosses are a bit much for my team ATM. I almost got wiped by the three monsters at the end. I only pulled through thanks to a lv 80 WOL friend.

I have been slowly working up the pulls that you guys recommended a week ago. Kefka is now 4* level 57, and usable for my current team. I will probably wait to get him to 5* until there is a cactaur event, since I don't have the enhance materials to get him back to third tier magic (lvl 56) if I maxed his 4* form and evolved him.

For now, I have switched to Bartz. He is 2-3 chamber of experience runs from maxing his 3* form, and I should have mats to get him to 4* already.

Is there any faster way to farm sacred crystals than the intermediate chamber of awakening?

Also, when is there a limit on the amount of experience you can have at once? I have 8-9 of those 30 experience bottles sitting in my inventory. If something worthwhile comes up, can I cash all of them in at once, or is there a cap?

Kouriozan

By the way, where's the 3rd trial!
Japan got it a few day after Kolobos, I really need that Killer Bow.

Reddit saying that Zidane drop rates is even lower than WoL.
Tsk tsk, bad Gumi ( &#865;° &#860;&#662; &#865;°)
Solo increased drop rates banners are definitely not happening.

CCIE

Banned
Okay, Tellah is the bomb. I can basically run through the event using magic at will, and then when I get to the boss that is immune, OSMOSE and full magic again.

Seriously, like this event. If you have to farm, great. If you have to level up, great. If you need mats for BS recipes, also great!

shintoki

sparkle this bitch

Both bosses spawn in the same place. They either drop 0-2(I have yet to get either not to drop, so I'm not sure about the 0), so you're averaging a bit better than 1 per go.

You need 20 Pearls from the Siren for the HP and 20 Powder combined for both the other 2 from the Golem.

So you run this 15 times, you'll have all 3. If you choose to do this for your daily Vortex. You'll have enough mats in 5 days.

So no, it's not 20 runs for maybe the 15+HP. By 20, you should have it.

And that is if you are only focusing on it, which I think is fairly short sighted.

This vortex has a lot going for it.
1. Exp is around 70k per run. You are netting the same as an Int Vortex for each character. (Throw 1 or 2 ones you're still leveling up on, or one if you don't care about it dying).
2. The drop rate for Earth Megacrystals are very high. You need 20x for every Monarch Ring. These are the next step up from the Hero Ring. Farm now while they are dropping at a great rate.
3. An additional Turtles and Cati you get are bonuses. I.E. a free 15k or 30k Exp. You'll typically run into one each turn.
4. Other rare materials like Mylthril Ore, Heaven's Ash, and others drop with a decent rate here.

It's no different when people fixate on pulling one character rather than the overall picture. This is a fairly good dungeon with a solid upgrade(15% HP) and lots of additional benefits. Basically you are running an Adv Exp, Adv Awakening, Adv Material at the same time as having an exploration map with 5 Resource nodes.

I feel like this is just you wanting the quick fix and be done with it. When really, running this dungeon once is equal to about 60 energy used for 4 other different things.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
How is that possible?! Isn't Zidane a base 3*?

Easy. The Major increase is the same as previous banners. This means the increase is shared between the characters. So it's still a 30% chance to pull, but now it's split between 5 characters rather than 3 and the better characters(While still base 3) are having the same rate as a 4* pull.

Nor would I argue, I can't see why solo banners can't happen. They would be great for when characters get their 6*. But people keep assuming that a major boost means it should drop like candy. When they are never going to change the fact that 7 out of 10 rolls will be those useless 3-4* characters. This hasn't changed.

Dragner

take account that zidane is one of the units with worst pull rate on 3*, I think only Terra was worst than him, he is harder to pull that Exdeath, Cecil or Bartz. Look at me 42!!!! pulls to get 2. And got 6 lanis and 5 Vivis.

Edit: forgot what I said, Zidane is the worst unit to pull, found the table with the survey that was done during the rerolling phase during soft launch. http://imgur.com/gIZEWCi

Kouriozan

Nor would I argue, I can't see why solo banners can't happen. They would be great for when characters get their 6*
I'm kinda worried because those banner were released in Japan really early after the game launch, still hoping we'll at least get a Cecil one.
take account that zidane is one of the units with worst pull rate on 3*, I think only Terra was worst than him, he is harder to pull that Exdeath, Cecil or Bartz. Look at me 42!!!! pulls to get 2. And got 6 lanis and 5 Vivis.

Wow, and yet they both don't have a 6* awakening yet in Japan.

Pbae

I'm debating passing on the half off pulls since I'm a F2P and I only want Zidane + a handful of non-boosted characters.

Should I pull for the sheer discount of the pulls or would it be better to pass for the long game.

My team is pretty much set currently.

Eidjinn

Is there a map for this event?

There are two chests that I could not reach!

Also, does this hp+15% drops or you have to get it somewhere?

CCIE

Banned
If Cecil is so damned easy to pull, I don't understand why I cannot do so. Also, the half price pull makes things interesting. I may just be spending money on YOLO pulls for half price until I draw Cecil or someone like him

Pbae

Is there a map for this event?

There are two chests that I could not reach!

Also, does this hp+15% drops or you have to get it somewhere?

All recipes are found in chests scattered throughout the map. They made some alterations to the layout for global and as of last checking, the wiki had the outdated map up.

Maledict

I didn't notice any alterations from the map on the wiki. Everything seemed to be in the same place.

And I agree with the poster above - this is a far better event that the Demons event. The Demon event got you *nothing* other than the ingredients for the rod. This event gives a ton of experience, lots of rare materials used for other things, and a King Gil or giant Cactuar. It's feels very efficient to run for just 15 energy.

Kouriozan

I watched the vid (without sound) but I can't figure out what's going on. What the heck move is Firion using to chain off of autobowgun?
Firion is doing random stuff like ultima or bladeblitz in my gif
WoL is doing that AoE DEF/SPR debuff he learns at 6*

Pejo

Firion is doing random stuff like ultima or bladeblitz in my gif
WoL is doing that AoE MAG/SPR debuff he learns at 6*

So that multi hit AoE physical attack is just his version of Bladeblitz? I have to try this out. I assume this is only doable with elemental weapons on both Edgar and Firion?

Kouriozan

So that multi hit AoE physical attack is just his version of Bladeblitz? I have to try this out. I assume this is only doable with elemental weapons on both Edgar and Firion?
Yep, everyone should have the same elemental weapon.
Firion's using bladeblitz and his attack animation makes him hit 2 times iirc

Dragner

Firion learns multiple weapon masteries on 6*, so the point is you give him dual wield and for example excalibur and Sufurabuki. And everything stacks and you have to add him all that killers passives that he has so yeah...big numbers.

I will probably wait to get him to 5* until there is a cactaur event, since I don't have the enhance materials to get him back to third tier magic (lvl 56) if I maxed his 4* form and evolved him.
Characters restart at level 1 when they evolve, however they keep all of the abilities they learned already. Thus, your Kefka would still have all of his learned magic but would have low MP and MAG due to being low level again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom