• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

rugioh

Banned
After 2088 pulls:

Zidane 1.87%
Kuja 1.34%
Amarant 1.53%
Lani 12.12%
Vivi 11.83%

God i hate so much that fucking axe girl...

This event is more bullshit than the final fantasy tactics event of record keeper.

I dont want to even know what are going to be Ryudomira's rates in the future...

DONT YOU FUCKING DARE GUMI

DONT
YOU
EVEN
FUNKING
DARE

Redditors in flames

Valentus

I mean, I posted the rates on the previous page, IT IS THEIR DATA, and they are now downvoting me for pointing their data as source. Ok buddies.

yah, but that the data with normal rates, when you get "MASSIVE RATE BOOST" in your face, you expect i dont know, 3% instead of 1,5% xD

Dragner

yah, but that the data with normal rates, when you get "MASSIVE RATE BOOST" in your face, you expect i dont know, 3% instead of 1,5% xD

It is a 300% rate, the problem is that Zidane is a 0.6% unit and Vivi is a 5%+ Unit and people are expecting to pull them at the same rate. Why is like this?. Probably because Gumi already knew that Dual Wield was that good. But the increase is on par with previus ones.

Kouriozan

trying to explain Reddit that Gumi didnt fuck the rates on purpose on Zidane, that he already had base 4* rate on a 3* unit since soft launch and getting raged and downvoted to oblivion. Live in you fantasy world then...
Reddit gotta reddit, but for Brave Exvius I got the feeling it's way worse than let's say Record Keeper for example.

Valentus

It is a 300% rate, the problem is that Zidane is a 0.6% unit and Vivi is a 5%+ Unit and people are expecting to pull them at the same rate. Why is like this?. Probably because Gumi already knew that Dual Wield was that good. But the increase is on par with previus ones.

I know i know... In fact, our thoughs are almost the same.

When the china event revealed boost rates for all the FF9 batch, if you check my post record, i posted that batch will only be good for zidane UNLESS GUMI DO SOME BULLCRAP LIKE PUT ZIDANE IN 4STAR DROPRATE OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT.

ding ding ding.

I still pulled 40 times ffs -.-

Oh well, i have now 3 cecils, 4 leos, 2 vaans. My warrior of light can be the ultimate tank in some time.

Dragner

Reddit gotta reddit, but for Brave Exvius I got the feeling it's worse than let's say Record Keeper.

Rates are worst, it will be even worst when global get guaranteed 5* and new Japan banner structure. The good thing about BE is that is relatevely easy get a good group of base 3* that can go to 6*. getting a team that can clear content is easy, pulling for specific units is hell if they have the wrong rarity.

Dragner

I know i know... In fact, our thoughs are almost the same.

When the china event revealed boost rates for all the FF9 batch, if you check my post record, i posted that batch will only be good for zidane UNLESS GUMI DO SOME BULLCRAP LIKE PUT ZIDANE IN 4STAR DROPRATE OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT.

ding ding ding.

I still pulled 40 times ffs -.-

Oh well, i have now 3 cecils, 4 leos, 2 vaans. My warrior of light can be the ultimate tank in some time.

No Zidane?...thats rough, at least I got 2, got also a second Cecil and a Miyuki for TM farming...not a lot more.

Kouriozan

Rates are worst, it will be even worst when global get guaranteed 5* and new Japan banner structure. The good thing about BE is that is relatevely easy get a good group of base 3* that can go to 6*. getting a team that can clear content is easy, pulling for specific units is hell if they have the wrong rarity.
I also agree with that but I was more talking about how the BE reddit mostly act like crybabies so far x)
With that amount of complaining, I'm really scared about the first Lightning banner.

Dragner

I also agree with that but I was more talking about how the BE reddit mostly act like crybabies so far x)
With that amount of complaining, I'm really scared about the first Lightning banner.

People should be awared that lightning has a 0.6% pull rate when featured if she is the only 5* unit in there. Still people will rage. Reddit things.

Heng

can somone explain this to me?

Why stay on 3star limit break and lvl that one than move on up as fast as you can to his 5 star limit break?

I have just awaken all my units as soon as they reached max lvl. am I doing this wrong?
As you awaken units, the amount of times you need to use LB to level up their LB increases. For example, at 3* the amount needed is ~300, while at 5* the amount is ~900 (not actual numbers but fairly close).

Anyone figure out the most efficient way to wipe up the bosses?

If im going to take advantage of the XP I would need to be able to clear it with as few Max LVL units as possible

Its a shame Max Units still take a piece of the XP Pie
Just an FYI for everyone farming this event, the last bosses that block the exit are similar to the one in the earth shrine exploration/exit. Melee attacks will trigger 10,000 volts and spell will not. They are also weak to ice attacks, my Kefka only needs to use it twice to wipe them out.

Dandte

The WoL banner is finally over.

1. Kain...meh
2. 4* Kain..... ;________;
3. 3* lennah...hooray i guess (new)
4. anzelm...who?
5. Kain...oh come on
6. Clyne
7. Tellah....wohooo (new)
8. Galuf...screw you
9. Tellah...damn
10. Rydia
11. Tellah....what
12. Bartz...it's a dupe fest.

where is my full break ;___________________;

As you awaken units, the amount of times you need to use LB to level up their LB increases. For example, at 3* the amount needed is ~300, while at 5* the amount is ~900 (not actual numbers but fairly close).

Just an FYI for everyone farming this event, the last bosses that block the exit are similar to the one in the earth shrine exploration/exit. Melee attacks will trigger 10,000 volts and spell will not. They are also weak to ice attacks, my Kefka only needs to use it twice to wipe them out.

oh I see so its wise to max it out early on so you dont have to do it 900 times when you could have done it 300 times at 3star rating.

Heng

oh I see so its wise to max it out early on so you dont have to do it 900 times when you could have done it 300 times at 3star rating.
Yeah, and there's multiple levels for LB actually. At 3*, you can only progress your LB so much. I'm not sure what that number is but I'm pretty sure it's 3 levels. For example; 3* the max is level 3, at 4* it's 6, and at 5* it's 10.

You did mess up my awakening him early but I don't think it will matter. By the time we get content challenging enough to where LB level matters, you'll probably have leveled a few times.

Well, decided to do a half off pull after Summer Bunble ticket gave me another Kain and got Exdeath. You would think I would be happy since it is my first good pull since I started this game but I kinda wanted a heavy physical hitter. I guess I'll take this victory

Kouriozan

Say to yourself that Exdeath will destroy PvP with human + various stuff killer (it's a special version of that skill that works with magic) and double-cast meteor!

Valonquar

Freebie ticket: 3rd Tellah, 1/2 off pull: Kefka
Ending up with a lot of mage units... which would you rather have Exdeath, Exdeath, Tellah, Tellah, Kefka, or Exdeath, Exdeath, Tellah, Kefka, Kefka?

Right now I'm thinking the 2 Tellahs & 1 Kefka. Maybe TM the 2 Kefkas and merge them for 1 ribbon.

Also: Miyuki doesn't love me at all.

Lyrian

I got 743 Kains and blame you.

But also got Zidane and Kuja so yay, big kiss!

Awesome!

I'd love a Zidane, but knowing that he has a worse chance to pull at 3* than WoL, and knowing that I wasn't willing to pull for him, I'm going to have a hard time convincing myself to pull for a ~1.75% draw even on discount.

Yeah, I'm probably done here, as there are no more Summer Bundles left after today. Saving in hopes of a prayer for Garnet next week that I likely won't pull.

Yeah, and there's multiple levels for LB actually. At 3*, you can only progress your LB so much. I'm not sure what that number is but I'm pretty sure it's 3 levels. For example; 3* the max is level 3, at 4* it's 6, and at 5* it's 10.

You did mess up my awakening him early but I don't think it will matter. By the time we get content challenging enough to where LB level matters, you'll probably have leveled a few times.

so whats the best way to leveling up the limit break? Just cast limit as soon as you get one?

Awesome!

I'd love a Zidane, but knowing that he has a worse chance to pull at 3* than WoL, and knowing that I wasn't willing to pull for him, I'm going to have a hard time convincing myself to pull for a ~1.75% draw even on discount.

Yeah, I'm probably done here, as there are no more Summer Bundles left after today. Saving in hopes of a prayer for Garnet next week that I likely won't pull.

Wait, garnet drops next week!?

Valonquar

so whats the best way to leveling up the limit break? Just cast limit as soon as you get one?

Pretty much. You can help it along by doing Earth Shrine: Exit, instead of entrance during TM grinds. You'll end up doing 1 to 3 LBs per run that way for a lil extra time.

Lyrian

Wait, garnet drops next week!?

In all likelihood, she will, as the popular theory is the at the FF9 banner was split into two. Garnet + Freyja should be featured next week.

Wagner said:
yeah but she is base 4 and bad.

There's a specific reason that is "against the grain" why I am looking for her. Keeping it close to the vest atm, as I'm basing my reason on a conjecture.

Would be wonderful to test out for curiosity's sake, but I'm not expecting to pull her at all.

In all likelihood, she will, as the popular theory is the at the FF9 banner was split into two. Garnet + Freyja should be featured next week.

There's a specific reason that is "against the grain" why I am looking for her. Keeping it close to the vest atm, as I'm basing my reason on a conjecture.

Would be wonderful to test out for curiosity's sake, but I'm not expecting to pull her at all.

You're our resident Hojo aren't you :)

Carry on with your work sir!

Valus

So the general consensus on the event is don't bother? I haven't run it yet. Do you get 100 lapis for first time completion?

Yogg

Those reactions on reddit look like people never realized that all 3* are not equal. A CoD/Exdeath/Garland unit obviously doesn't have the same chances to be drawn as a shadow/penelo/fran.

I think I'll even skip the 250 pulls during this banner just because I don't want the added odds for Vivi or Lani.

Malakhov

Banned
Those reactions on reddit look like people never realized that all 3* are not equal. A CoD/Exdeath/Garland unit obviously doesn't have the same chances to be drawn as a shadow/penelo/fran.

I think I'll even skip the 250 pulls during this banner just because I don't want the added odds for Vivi or Lani.

I got all of my elite characters besides WoL in blue crystals (garland, bartz, lennah and tellah). I don't care at all for the color of the crystal anymore.

I got all of my elite characters besides WoL in blue crystals (garland, bartz, lennah and tellah). I don't care at all for the color of the crystal anymore.

does the color really matter?
its the same unit no just a lower star rating, but its the same unit. It just takes a bit of a grind to get them to 5 stars.

Lyrian

While I'm at it, gathered and verified the next set of data points on my summoning side project before going to bed last night.

The results are exciting and puzzling at the same time. Need a few more data points to be able to draw a solid conclusion, but I have enough so far that I think I can see a trend forming that is eyebrow raising.

Mostly sure that esper damage is exponential and not linear. Trend seems to point this way. But, there's more. The trend seems to suggest that not only is damage exponential with esper level, but there is also an additional bonus modifier on top of that (esper level modifier, like how there is Level Correction for player physical attacks?).

Need more data. Bah for bad timing at this event occurring.

Edit: If esper damage is exponential, then Golbez's EVO MAG +30 = (1.3)^2 = 1.69, or a 69% damage improvement from espers from that skill alone. Not too shabby, if true.

CCIE

Banned
So for trouble support - all I had to do was send a message to the support team about my missing unit, right? Did I need to add my little support code? Should I resend?

They haven't gotten back to me yet

Aurizen

So for trouble support - all I had to do was send a message to the support team about my missing unit, right? Did I need to add my little support code? Should I resend?

They haven't gotten back to me yet

I tried asking about my missing unit. They didn't help me.

Pulled 3 times and got Vivi, Edgar and another Vivi. Yeah, probably done with this banner.

I did get Nox to run alright finally last night so now I can do a little TM grinding here and there. I switched it to High performance in the advanced options and that seemed to do the trick for me.

Pejo

Already had a Zidane from way back in Pre-release, WoL banner gone.

I feel Relief. Release. Regret (at spending so much $ on WoL pulls), but I'm finally free! I scoff at that 250 lapis pull.

Yes I'm still salty about not getting WoL. But life has moved on.

Anyways, supposedly max XP for the new event dungeon is higher than the ADV XP dungeon, so looks like I'll farm that this weekend. I'm pretty sure the team I'm leveling (Level 40-70 Vaan, Firion, Exdeath, Lenna, and Chizuru) can handle it, but I guess I'll find out.

Still gotta stick with ADV XP while I'm semi-playing at work though.

CCIE

Banned
I love the event... I've almost maxed out my fire esper, I've got enough of the stones to craft all three abilities, and that is just this morning. I've also managed to level Rain to max four* off of gigantaurs, but I need another SC to awaken him. I've also gotten Tellah to L75, I'm maxing Kuja now, and Lenna is the bomb! So for 15 NRG, you get magicite, a ton of experience, gigantaur, and megacrysts galore

So what is not to like again? Oh yeah, and I also have almost 2M now... Now if only my missing Cecil would come to me. I KNOW I summoned a Cecil - because that is why the game crashed and took my ticket without giving him to me ;)

I love the event... I've almost maxed out my fire esper, I've got enough of the stones to craft all three abilities, and that is just this morning. I've also managed to level Rain to max four* off of gigantaurs, but I need another SC to awaken him. I've also gotten Tellah to L75, I'm maxing Kuja now, and Lenna is the bomb! So for 15 NRG, you get magicite, a ton of experience, gigantaur, and megacrysts galore

So what is not to like again? Oh yeah, and I also have almost 2M now... Now if only my missing Cecil would come to me. I KNOW I summoned a Cecil - because that is why the game crashed and took my ticket without giving him to me ;)

Fire esper?

The fuck lol

Valentus

No Zidane?...thats rough, at least I got 2, got also a second Cecil and a Miyuki for TM farming...not a lot more.

I indeed got one, im done for good here, not gonna pull until ryudomira or tactics banner. But im gonna wait until 2000 pulls to see the statistics.

I have almost 80 grindable units, so i can make a really powerfull team with the units i have. I prefer spens lapis in energy refill than summon crap that i already mastered their TM.

After i got my first zidane's dual weild (60%) im gonna build my tank WoL with Maximilian - Aegis shield - Excalibur.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom