• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

I like Exvius way more, but I'm kind of digging Mobius as well. The UI is pretty clunky and the card upgrade system is obtuse, but I like the battle system. What didn't you like about it?
UI mostly. I just couldn't get into it. :(

Half summon daily pull! Let's give it a try...

blue cystal...meh..

BARTZ! HELL YEAH FINALLY!

Bartz, Garland, WoL, Tellah and Lenna

I'm set :)
Congrats!

Thanks for all the birthday wishes!

My "birthday pull" ended up being...

!!!
And what a Birthday it is.

Congrats!

Did a half-price pull.. Expecting trash.. But:

E1ulxSb.jpg

I'm in tears...
\o/

40 pulls

1 fucking zidane
4 GOLDEN CRYTALS - 4 FUCKING LANIS, WHAT THE FUCK GUMI, WHAT ARE THIS SICK GAME FUCK YOU, FUCK YOUR GAME

Also i got a bunch of vivis (got firaga TM), a bunch of kriles (got Thundaga TM), a bunch of Rydias (got Blizzaga TM), fucking shadow (got Throw TM), and a Cecil, a Bartz, another firion and another miyuki.

Im done, fuck gumi, not pulling until the tactics banner.

Edit: It looks like the Zidane drop rate is even lower than Warrior of Light and Chizuru in their respective past drop rates!!!, what the hell gumi...
:(

I can't believe they still haven't fixed this stupid crash with auto attacking...jesus
It hasn't crashed as much for me lately, so I'm sad to see it still there. Hopefully they fix it soon.

857 summons so far:

Zidane 1.75%
Kuja 1.63%
Amarant 1.87%
Lani 10.62%
Vivi 14.35%

Lani has even less drop rate than lena and tellah.

This is incredible...
Oh wow.

guys

i think i'm done

if you've known me from the FFRK OT I take bad pulls with a lot of humor because in the end I'm all about progression anyway and it's possible to do that in FFRK with orb grinding, etc to make up for the lack of top tier pulls.

in BE you virtually cannot progress without the right units. ive played this since day 1 and my strongest attacker is still kain, and i think farming 80 Demon Hearts just to have my magic user hit for 5% more damage basically informed me that i think it's not going to work this way for this, and while it would be a power level boost i really don't have any interest in grinding TM (automated or otherwise) on the good TMs I have (shantoto, kain, golbez) so i think it's about time i moved on

wait

1/2 cost pull? well i guess i'll try, although i feel i should just save everything to hail mary the lightning banner but 1 pull wouldn't hurt

DRICvfwl.jpg

I guess I'll keep playing!
Nice job!

I what....
OH 5 star!!! Kefka -_-
Let's pull again....
Another Exdeath! W t f
The game wants you to have as many magic-users as possible, it seems. At least they're good units?

8 pulls

NOT A SINGLE redeemable unit.

Pulled again, Zidane and Kuja, IM OUT

BAHAHAHAH
Congrats to you.

1/2 price pull:
That is very much worth it.

Congrats, man.

The WoL banner is finally over.

1. Kain...meh
2. 4* Kain..... ;________;
3. 3* lennah...hooray i guess (new)
4. anzelm...who?
5. Kain...oh come on
6. Clyne
7. Tellah....wohooo (new)
8. Galuf...screw you
9. Tellah...damn
10. Rydia
11. Tellah....what
12. Bartz...it's a dupe fest.

where is my full break ;___________________;
Welp. :/

Dragner

"alking about knowing the risks and not crying suggests you did all pulls in one account and that you spent money. I don't believe you, you keep changing your story every comment. You sound like a troll or a Gumi employee. You guys need to get your fake stories straight before embarrassing yourselves further with these ridiculous lies."

Ah, reddit...

Azuran

Banned
lol why do you guys even bother going to the Reddit? 99.9% of people over there have absolutely no fucking idea what they're talking about. All they do is read a couple of posts from there from the people that do know stuff and then I assume they're suddenly experts at every facet of this game.

The only posts I check over there are the serious discussions about the technical aspects of the game. Anything other than that it's just a waste of time and that goes triple for everything relating to draw and "future-proof" garbage threads they're really obsessed with.

lol why do you guys even bother going to the Reddit? 99.9% of people over there have absolutely no fucking idea what they're talking about. All they do is read a couple of posts from there from the people that do know stuff and then I assume they're suddenly experts at every facet of this game.

The only posts I check over there are the serious discussions about the technical aspects of the game. Anything other than that it's just a waste of time and that goes triple for everything relating to draw and "future-proof" garbage threads they're really obsessed with.

52341999.jpg

chrono01

Yeah I suck, should have told the guy that I would push a button that will make him pull zidane with his next 11 one.
So there is a button? I KNEW IT!

I can't stand going there since that damn scrolling banner at the top of the page makes everything slow to a crawl (as well as due to a lot of the conversations held there). Lots of people have mentioned it, but the creator of the Reddit refuses to change it. I guess he/she favors appearance over function.

CCIE

Banned
I don't think they are ever going to get back to me. My ticket is lost for eternity - probably was a crap pull anyway...

chrono01

I don't think they are ever going to get back to me. My ticket is lost for eternity - probably was a crap pull anyway...
I just saw your post.

But yes, let's say that it was a horrible pull and you're not missing out on that amazing Cecil/Warrior of Light/Zidance/Exdeath/Chizuru/Cloud of Darkness/etc.

It definitely wasn't one of those, so (at most) you have one less Shadow. All is well.

Even still...

leehom

the event is not worth it anyway, they inflated the materials needed compared to Japan by 2x or 3x and the prizes are not that good anyway. I felt into the gravity rod thing, did one. But now I pass. TM farming is now my full time job.
Why would they do this, I thought the mats needed to craft the 15+ hp was pretty high. At most, most people will only farm enough for one, maybe two.

I just saw your post.

But yes, let's say that it was a horrible pull and you're not missing out on that amazing Cecil/Warrior of Light/Zidance/Exdeath/Chizuru/Cloud of Darkness/etc.

It definitely wasn't one of those, so (at most) you have one less Shadow. All is well.

Even still...

Whats a zidance

CCIE

Banned
I think the only thing remotely ridiculous is the 27 light megacrysts to craft HP+15%. Going to get the stones to craft it, and do it later. Working on my second one now. Love that the event drops a gigantaur almost every round. Just have to run around waiting on it to do so

man, did the new exploration dungeon and get REKT by the 2nd boss.

I even skipped and beat the main boss cause I was running low on MP and then went back cause "surely the 2nd one is easier than the main one"

NOPE. what a waste of stamina......

chrono01

man, did the new exploration dungeon and get REKT by the 2nd boss.

I even skipped and beat the main boss cause I was running low on MP and then went back cause "surely the 2nd one is easier than the main one"

NOPE. what a waste of stamina......
Ainsel and Regret-tle.

CCIE

Banned
The second boss isn't bad if you don't have a bunch of magic users. Even then, Kafka's HyperDrive does a bunch of damage.

Hmm so sounds like if you don't need XP you should avoid this event unless you really want HP 15%. Guess I'll stick with Phantom Forest. On that note, Diablos is for mages and better than Shiva I'm guessing, should I just skip leveling her up and save the magicites for him? I have Ramuh and Golem at 2* and trying to figure out if I should level their 2* up or move on to getting Shiva to 2*. Or maybe I'll get Ifrit there since he's already at lvl 18. Opinions?

Oh, and I FINALLY got the Hero Ring recipe!!! The last one ended up being silver in LB use. I've been using them every run in Phantom Forest and looks like it paid off haha Cooking a ring right now and have what I need to do a second right away when it's done.

Kouriozan

I have enough to make a HP+15% and still need some leveling so I'll go for two, but that huge light megacryst cost :s
Meanwhile my Zidane I got last month is still at 15% trust.

Hmm so sounds like if you don't need XP you should avoid this event unless you really want HP 15%. Guess I'll stick with Phantom Forest. On that note, Diablos is for mages and better than Shiva I'm guessing, should I just skip leveling her up and save the magicites for him? I have Ramuh and Golem at 2* and trying to figure out if I should level their 2* up or move on to getting Shiva to 2*. Or maybe I'll get Ifrit there since he's already at lvl 18. Opinions?

Oh, and I FINALLY got the Hero Ring recipe!!! The last one ended up being silver in LB use. I've been using them every run in Phantom Forest and looks like it paid off haha Cooking a ring right now and have what I need to do a second right away when it's done.

Shiva is good for healers and a secondary mages.

Grats btw!!!

Shiva is good for healers and a secondary mages.

Grats btw!!!
Now that I think about it, could give Lenna Shiva instead of Siren when Diablos hits, good point! What did you learn from Ramuh's grid? I was disappointed with the options but thinking I'll teach Kefka Faith and Imperil. Thanks! I don't have to feel left out in the HP discussions anymore ;p

CCIE

Banned
I actually love running this dungeon with a mage with Osmose. You can use magic at will, then the second boss, OSMOSE and full magic again. Seriously, I don't bother with a full physical party, because the mage is only worthless for that one fight.

I'm finally leveling up Rain since Bartz #1 is maxed. Him and Kuja (needs four more levels), with the rest of the maxed team. I use the Gigantaurs on Rain, and later on second Bartz. It's better than the ADV Vortex by a LOT, and is at least a little bit of a challenge. Tip for those running the dungeon... I have to go back to the first level and run around for the Gigantaur to show up, but he does so EVERY time if you are patient

Nothing else to do while lamenting my lack of Lapis. I may just buy some for the daily half price summon until I draw Cecil or the WoL (Might as well be Lightning for me). The odds are it HAS to happen eventually. $10/week isn't too bad for 6 units or six days. It's like YOLO pulls all the time.

That's a lot of Panelo's

After I level up Rain I will level Bartz#2, FIrion, and Rydia.

chrono01

I did my 250 Lapis pull, I got a rainbow crystal.

Garland.

He's new at least? Not sure if he'll find a use on my team though (Chizuru, CoD, Exdeath, Kefka, Lenna).

Dragner

Garland.

He's new at least? Not sure if he'll find a use on my team though (Chizuru, CoD, Exdeath, Kefka, Lenna).

He is a Beast in Japan, he is less here because we miss materia staking, In Japan basically put him 4 doublehands and his base and he reaches 1k+ atk, fucking beastly.

Here at least you can stack one with his base so thats something if you have a Bartz for grinding.

Decided to try the event once to see what the bosses are like. Is it normal for the Siren boss to not give you a single item? That was lame... I snagged the HP and Stonra blade recipes and my good drops were a single red megacite, an earth and light megacryst and I guess a couple mithril ore might be decent down the line. Oh and a single hard pebble. I'm guessing I should have gotten another event item from that siren boss but got gipped ;p I managed to run into a gigantuar and the biggest gil turtle which is a nice bonus though. All in all, probably better bang for my energy buck to stick with Phantom Forest but I decided to do one more event run to see if I get better yields but mostly because I'm still at work so can't really play so sapping 15 energy will make sure I don't waste further NRG before I get out of work.

Garland.

WELCOME TO THE GOD OF CHAOS.

He has an unbelievably low drop rate and when he gets 6* he becomes effectively satan. Massive elemental AOE, amazing LB upgrade and finally materia slots. He's a tanky mage; throw some hero rings on him, barrage, and dbl handed or dual wield and he's a horror story

chrono01

He is a Beast in Japan, he is less here because we miss materia staking, In Japan basically put him 4 doublehands and his base and he reaches 1k+ atk, fucking beastly.

Here at least you can stack one with his base so thats something if you have a Bartz for grinding.
Thanks!

I don't have a Bartz yet (unfortunately), but I'm glad to hear that he's a decent pull. I haven't read up on him much.

WELCOME TO THE GOD OF CHAOS.

He has an unbelievably low drop rate and when he gets 6* he becomes effectively satan. Massive elemental AOE, amazing LB upgrade and finally materia slots. He's a tanky mage; throw some hero rings on him, barrage, and dbl handed or dual wield and he's a horror story
Good to know. :)

chrono01

1st step: GET LENNA THE FUCK OUT OF YOUR PARTY GOD DAMN WASTE OF SPACE.

2nd Step: Replace with Garland.
I know I don't technically need a healer right now, but I don't care. After the hell I went through to get Lenna, she's staying in my party! (Well, until I have her fully-leveled, then I might switch to Garland to level him up).

I used Garland as my tank until I pulled Vaan.
Thanks, I'll start working on him then. Maybe I'll switch him out for one of my members while I run the new Vortex event. XP is decent. I just have to make sure I'm strong enough to still defeat Ainsel.

I know I don't technically need a healer right now, but I don't care. After the hell I went through to get Lenna, she's staying in my party! (Well, until I have her fully-leveled, then I might switch to Garland to level him up).

Thanks, I'll start working on him then. Maybe I'll switch him out for one of my members while I run the new Vortex event. XP is decent. I just have to make sure I'm strong enough to still defeat Ainsel.

He's teasing you specifically because you went through hell to pull her ;p The best healer in global deserves to be in every party. Especially since she has Cheer and Esuna which are useful even when you don't need healing.

chrono01

Just realized I got all current characters with a future 6* awakening, minus Cecil.
I need Cecil!
I'll take a Cecil too!

He's teasing you specifically because you went through hell to pull her ;p The best healer in global deserves to be in every party. Especially since she has Cheer and Esuna which are useful even when you don't need healing.
Yes, Lenna will remain. I don't care if I'm running low-tier content, when a simple auto-attack wipes mobs, she will stay there and look pretty!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom