• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyrian

Wow, I badly overprepared for Ainsel. Ran right over her with my underpowered crew, although I suppose sucking it up and grinding Lenna to 80 for Curaja made life a whole lot easier.

Honorable mention, I suppose, to the 200k Friend Points burnt to date to acquire Stonra. Was nice to see someone in the party (Kefka) doing non-trivial damage to her via her only weakness.

Now, I just need to figure out how to smuggle Rydia into the party and still be able to beat Ainsel so I can continue my lab work and analysis.

Wow, I badly overprepared for Ainsel. Ran right over her with my underpowered crew, although I suppose sucking it up and grinding Lenna to 80 for Curaja made life a whole lot easier.

Honorable mention, I suppose, to the 200k Friend Points burnt to date to acquire Stonra. Was nice to see someone in the party (Kefka) doing non-trivial damage to her via her only weakness.

Now, I just need to figure out how to smuggle Rydia into the party and still be able to beat Ainsel so I can continue my lab work and analysis.

tumblr_njci4hQTVz1s2wenvo1_500.gif

chrono01

The more I read on Garland, the happier I am that I pulled him. For some reason, I linked Garland with Golbez, and thought he was a lower-tier unit.

I'm happy to have been wrong.

Two pulls and I'm out. Got Lani 4* and my 5th Luna.

At least I can look forward to getting Barrage I guess. Will likely throw it on my Xaio.

guess I shouldn't have tried with a team 4 stars in their low 50s

Rootbeer

Banned
I just did the 250 lapis summon cause why not?

I could not believe it when I got a Yellow Crystal!!!

Inside was... a 4* Bedile... not even kidding... eek

Aaaanyway... I have so many tickets right now... can't wait for a good banner so I can burn them all.

Valentus

storywise?

prefer playing it on Vita with real button.
it is currently $3 each (V,VI,VIII, IX)

okay VI then, thankyou Scarlet

Are we talking about the psx versions?

Oh my god AVOID THOSE SPAWNS OF SATAN!!!!

Final fantasy IV complete collection is awesome though, buy that.

If we talking about general final fantasies.... im still cant find another FF better than VI... sorry, but its perfect, its the pinacle of the saga.

wilstreak

VI.

Mobile version is way better than PS, if you don't mind the sprites

Somehow i just can't stand on-screen button. lol
but if VI load time is that bad, might refrain from buying it. Thanks for heads up.

If its between V and VI and your talking about story, without question VI beats V. FFV is fun but its story is...sparse, though not as much as some other earlier entries.

On that list though, have you played VIII or IX? :p

i have played VIII and already bought IX (currently on download process).
though about buying 1 more since it is on sale.

storywise, is VI better than IX or IV?

If we talking about general final fantasies.... im still cant find another FF better than VI... sorry, but its perfect, its the pinacle of the saga.

thanks for making me more curious. lol

btw i assume the "spawn of satans" refers to VI and V, but not IX, right?

thanks for making me more curious. lol

VI is often said to have one of the better stories in the entire series. Personally, the story in IX resonated a bit more for me and I did truly enjoy IV.

VI is what you should play, just be mindful of which version. The PSX games have horrible load times and the mobile versions have GAME DESTROYINGLY UGLY SPRITES.

Valentus

i have played VIII and already bought IX (currently on download process).
though about buying 1 more since it is on sale.

The story of VI could be very dense, but the spritework make it sometimes... more "soft", but its a dense story.

It helps though that in FF6 there is no main character. Some could say that Terra, or Celes or Locke are the mains, fuck that. All the gang are the main characters, and that is the more awesome thing of Final Fantasy VI, the plot isnt around one particular character, is about a whole world, and how it affects each one of those characters.

Also the main villian... Kefka... a real son of a bitch, not an emo villian like sephiroth, a real motherfucker.

If what you seek is lore and story, final fantasy VI will keep you real 60 hours playing it.

wilstreak

VI is often said to have one of the better stories in the entire series. Personally, the story in IX resonated a bit more for me and I did truly enjoy IV.

VI is what you should play, just be mindful of which version. The PSX games have horrible load times and the mobile versions have GAME DESTROYINGLY UGLY SPRITES.

So the best option is to play it using GBA Emulator? Since GBA version have that usual sprite and normal loading times

The story of VI could be very dense, but the spritework make it sometimes... more "soft", but its a dense story.

It helps though that in FF6 there is no main character. Some could say that Terra, or Celes or Locke are the mains, fuck that. All the gang are the main characters, and that is the more awesome thing of Final Fantasy VI, the plot isnt around one particular character, is about a whole world, and how it affects each one of those characters.

Also the main villian... Kefka... a real son of a bitch, not an emo villian like sephiroth, a real motherfucker.

If what you seek is lore and story, final fantasy VI will keep you real 60 hours playing it.

is there some kind of romance in here?
definitely on my playlist now since so many ppl here think highly of VI.

Valentus

So the best option is to play it using GBA Emulator? Since GBA version have that usual sprite and normal loading times

Take in consideration that this is a 90s JRPG, i wont spoil anything but you will not see nothing like squall/rinoa. There could be some romance, but like it was told in the clinton administration xD

If you gonna play the GBA version using an emu, play it with the SNES sound patch, because the sound of the GBA version is awful, and there is a patch that fix that using the glorius sound of the snes version.

scarlet

I played 6 on mobile, still need to finish it.

The sprites are not that bad like most people on GAF said, it's better in motion.

If you're on android you can try for 2 hours(?) and refund it if you don't like it.

Give it a try.

Lyrian

Rydia.gif

Thanks ;)

Figured out a workable party.with her. Limit level 4 and climbing! Magicite drop rates are a bit disappointing, though. Debating how many runs a day I want to spend here versus working PF to gain additional esper levels for my analyses.

The Silver said:
guess I shouldn't have tried with a team 4 stars in their low 50s

The most important element here for survivability is having a green mage that can cast Baraerora, Barthundara, and Barwatera. The problem here is that to be able to cast all of these, you need a Green Mage who can cast level 4 spells. That rules out a lot of people, including Fina.

I did it bringing in 4* Krille to dualcast Baraerora and Barthundara, lacking any better options. Works well enough, better than I thought. Instead of Curaja, you can get away with 2x Cura per round. Curaja is just a quality of life improvement. Damage below level 70 or so is going to be rather bad. Ainsel simply has too high of a natural defense (even at 80) to do a lot of damage. You can bring a Chizuru friend or other barrage user to help with the damage output.

OMG THEY'RE DELETING EVERYONES SAVES THIS IS IT OMG

Thanks ;)

Figured out a workable party.with her. Limit level 4 and climbing! Magicite drop rates are a bit disappointing, though. Debating how many runs a day I want to spend here versus working PF to gain additional esper levels for my analyses.

Wonder if there will ever be any gear that boosts EVO magic.

hitmon

Looks like a patch for iOS went live. Hopefully fixes the crashes. Yolo'd on the 1/2 price summon and got a 4 star Krile. Oh crap she I already have her.

chrono01

yeah guess not :( this was highly inconvenient. 1000 lapis would be nice.
It really was. It made exploration maps, in particular, a pain.

We still might receive some sort of compensation, but given that they never announced that they would (and seemingly fixed the issue without so much as a bulletin mention in-game), I'm guessing we won't get anything. :(

Lyrian

Good point, though I'd think they would have done something for Garnet or Eiko given their relationship with Eidoloansjdnahjsbdajh

More numberz.... (apparently I got more megacites today than I thought)

Shiva hit 34, which gives me 4 data points and 3 points of comparison.

Damage growth is definitely exponential, and its accelerating.

31-32 2.26% damage increase over level 31 (+9906 damage)
32-33 3.74% damage increase over level 32 (+16764 damage)
33-34 4.46% damage increase over level 33 (+20742 damage)

At this pace, 3* Rydia will pass Rixa's half million damage total next level, at level 35.

More numberz.... (apparently I got more megacites today than I thought)

Shiva hit 34, which gives me 4 data points and 3 points of comparison.

Damage growth is definitely exponential, and its accelerating.

31-32 2.26% damage increase over level 31 (+9906 damage)
32-33 3.74% damage increase over level 32 (+16764 damage)
33-34 4.46% damage increase over level 33 (+20742 damage)

At this pace, 3* Rydia will pass Rixa's half million damage total next level, at level 35.

What is the mitigation at Esper level 40?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom