• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragner

you are almost there, 3 excaliburs!!. I have another Cecil but priotized a sufurabuki for Chizuru over a second excalibur that nobody can use yet.

Ill farm it next batch alongside a copy of barrage and some minor stuff to make me a monster firion for fun and giggles.

Valentus

The awesome thing about firion is that he can equip everything, so if you have the units, you can make a firion the brave exvius version of brock lesnar xD

The drawback is that he doesnt have powerfull attack skills. But barrage does the job just fine.

wilstreak

make 5 pull just because my hand feel itchy
got Cerius, Celes, Roselia (dupe), Kuja, and Vivi (trash).

not the unit that i want, but Cerius and Celes might be useful in the future.

Dragner

The problem I see with Firion is that you really want 2 strong weapons of different types to stack different masterys. So dual wield excalibur is fine but for example Excalibur + Kaiser knuckles is better. And I dont have a good different weapon to give him, never pulled a Xiao or Kain thats why im not bothering with him much right now. Focusing on Chizuru.

Zhadgon

Well I have been playing the event and is a pain in the... Ainsel has kill me like four times decide to use lapis in the first to resurrect my units but after that I said screw it.

My pulls have been awful Galuf, Kain and Vivi...

By the way I equip my Lock with Baraerora if someone wants to use it.

.n_n.

Pbae

Crafting more steal ability, so I can get both steal and ability trophies while doing TM in earth shrine exit.

Do you have a Iphone or Ipad?

I use switch controls for TM grinding that I can show you how to set up.

I just let it run while I do other things and come back to a bunch of trust. It's also pretty rad to be able to just have it run in your pocket and not be reliant on a PC.

Well I have been playing the event and is a pain in the... Ainsel has kill me like four times decide to use lapis in the first to resurrect my units but after that I said screw it.

My pulls have been awful Galuf, Kain and Vivi...

By the way I equip my Lock with Baraerora if someone wants to use it.

.n_n.

Yeah i pretty much have to use my best team to farm Ainsel so it basically negates the XP benefits

Though you do get a guaranteed cactuar so you always walk away with 30k

Either way if you Have the time to commit its not a bad event.

You just have to choose between farming ainsel or farming xp

scarlet

Do you have a Iphone or Ipad?

I use switch controls for TM grinding that I can show you how to set up.

I just let it run while I do other things and come back to a bunch of trust. It's also pretty rad to be able to just have it run in your pocket and not be reliant on a PC.

I play it on my android, but I have an iPad.

Can you show me how?

Pbae

I play it on my android, but I have an iPad.

Can you show me how?

NP.

I'll take some screenshots and write up a step by step to PM you. The nice thing about the Ipad, is that you can't accidentally start calling random ass people!

Just give me a bit; I'm currently trying to burn through my TM energy atm.

Maledict

NP.

I'll take some screenshots and write up a step by step to PM you. The nice thing about the Ipad, is that you can't accidentally start calling random ass people!

If you could send that to me as well I would really appreciate it. I keep accumulating Shantoto's who sit there looking lonely...

linkent

Got Xiao from daily summon.
Think I could use her in my team for a Physical Hitter.
Cecil+ExD+Lenna+Kefka+Xiao(currently using Golbez)
Xiao TM seems better than Golbez.

Since the 250 gems pull are staying, guess we should skip it.

Think I should consider using Nox, anyone can link a tutorial on where to start?

scarlet

NP.

Thanks a lot!

It's almost my sleep time, so probably gonna read it in the morning.

Pbae

If you could send that to me as well I would really appreciate it. I keep accumulating Shantoto's who sit there looking lonely...

No sorry, I can't =[

Scarlet once took a knife for me in a bad bar brawl so I owe him one and this is my way of repaying the debt.

I'm just going to post it in this thread so no worries.

CCIE

Banned
Well, I've had it - need a break. Pulled that whore Lani with my half price pull - there's a big surprise. Going to run Andy the rest of the weekend. I almost have enough stones for two HP+15%, but this morning I just don't care. I'm going to TMR farm most of the day, but I'm getting burnt out with this game. The pull rates are so much garbage I don't want to bother anymore. Apparently I pulled another POS unit yesterday when it crashed. I told customer service, thanks but keep your POS unit - I don't want it.

I'll let it run today on autopilot, inching toward TMR at a snail's pace as usual. Log in and get dailies, but that is probably all. Business trip coming up - probably at a good time. You guys have a nice weekend!

scarlet

No sorry, I can't =[

Scarlet once took a knife for me in a bad bar brawl so I owe him one and this is my way of repaying the debt.

I'm just going to post it in this thread so no worries.

b10et8Z.gif

Well, I've had it - need a break. Pulled that whore Lani with my half price pull - there's a big surprise. Going to run Andy the rest of the weekend. I almost have enough stones for two HP+15%, but this morning I just don't care. I'm going to TMR farm most of the day, but I'm getting burnt out with this game. The pull rates are so much garbage I don't want to bother anymore. Apparently I pulled another POS unit yesterday when it crashed. I told customer service, thanks but keep your POS unit - I don't want it.

I'll let it run today on autopilot, inching toward TMR at a snail's pace as usual. Log in and get dailies, but that is probably all. Business trip coming up - probably at a good time. You guys have a nice weekend!

This cpuld all be avoided if they took the time to give every unit some legit utility

Lani is almost completely worthless. The equip weapon materias should just be quest rewards i mean c'mon

It doesnt help that Lani doesnt have anything else to offer her team.

And fucking Shadow and the entire Ninja class in general should be looked at and reworked

That said i love my Locke and even though he isnt top tier he has loads of utility

CCIE

Banned
Yes, over half or more of the units have no purpose from what I can tell. Other than to make it harder to pull something decent. The rates are apparently total garbage - shouldn't be too hard to pull a decent three star, but they all definitely do not have equal rates. If it hadn't been for the decent rerolling to start, most people would probably have quit by now.

I'm going to abuse the crap out of the system, running TMR on auto-pilot all day. Could care less if they figure it out at this point. If they wanted to improve the game, they'd remove Sabin, Shadow, Penelo, and Lani from the pull list. Everything about those units is truly worthless. At least the loser Galuf doesn't have a worthless TMR, though it comes close. Instead, I've done enough rerolling on both servers to know the rates for those POS is definitely boosted, especially on Penelo and Lani - every third unit in Japan is one of those two. Why? Because they have absolutely no value at all...

And I'm not putting a dime into this from now on until things improve. Which they won't. Hopefully, I can build up enough lapis so that I can pull off the next banner, but I'm probably only doing 1/2 price pulls from now on. I figure soon will need at least ten pulls for one decent unit. Like Gumi wants. Not a good unit you can actually use, just decent. Something that doesn't just make you want to up and quit the game.

Zafir

I haven't really been following much, what's the point of the current event?

I went through it, did some sparkly point bosses and the area boss, and didn't really see that much of importance?

Yes, over half or more of the units have no purpose from what I can tell. Other than to make it harder to pull something decent. The rates are apparently total garbage - shouldn't be too hard to pull a decent three star, but they all definitely do not have equal rates. If it hadn't been for the decent rerolling to start, most people would probably have quit by now.

I'm going to abuse the crap out of the system, running TMR on auto-pilot all day. Could care less if they figure it out at this point. If they wanted to improve the game, they'd remove Sabin, Shadow, Penelo, and Lani from the pull list. Everything about those units is truly worthless. At least the loser Galuf doesn't have a worthless TMR, though it comes close. Instead, I've done enough rerolling on both servers to know the rates for those POS is definitely boosted, especially on Penelo and Lani - every third unit in Japan is one of those two. Why? Because they have absolutely no value at all...

And I'm not putting a dime into this from now on until things improve. Which they won't. Hopefully, I can build up enough lapis so that I can pull off the next banner, but I'm probably only doing 1/2 price pulls from now on. I figure soon will need at least ten pulls for one decent unit. Like Gumi wants. Not a good unit you can actually use, just decent. Something that doesn't just make you want to up and quit the game.

The problem is that kind of stuff is always a problem with mobile games. They do want you to spend money, after all.

I think the best you can hope for while playing f2p is just get a fairly solid team that can beat content, and not worry about owning all the heroes. I was rather disappointed I didn't get WoL in the, idk 20-30 pulls I did, with the lapis I'd saved up. It's not the end of the world though, I've still got a team which can eat through things.

I've also gotten to a point where I'm not bothering with the grinding as much. I just can't be bothered really. :p

Half price pull...Luna. Again.

Again, could be worse. COULD BE BETTER BUT

And CCIE you know how this game is. You know you have a stable of fantastic units and that you're one pul away from something great. I had roughly 16 pulls of ABSOLUTE SHIT yesterday before I got Kuja and Zidane, still haven't managed to get a Lani though >.>

And Scarlet you SLUT get a Mac or PC...

ETA on next island?

Yesterday night.

Ristlager

Finally took down the Frost Dragon in the advanced colosseum, is there any point doing the colosseum quest now? Do I get any rewards for completing colosseum another time?

NomarTyme

My progress so far:

The first 2 Cecils and The first zidane have 1 week of grind. The third cecil and the second zidane 12 hours.

I'm guessing you're refilling your energy?

Finally took down the Frost Dragon in the advanced colosseum, is there any point doing the colosseum quest now? Do I get any rewards for completing colosseum another time?
Just keep doing to for the trophies.

BAHAHAHAHAH

Had to do some spring cleaning, add away if we aren't already friends!

We still Friends.

Lyrian

But as I pointed out, these 2 things are really different. Another one is turn 1 skill while another one is uhm yeah lets cast it some day.

Ahh, but that's the point of this entire side project. Can something be done about that? You are completely correct when you note that at a surface level, summons can only be casted rather infrequently.

The first phase of the project was to determine if the potential magnitude of summoning damage output was worthinvesting time and energy in pursuing. The answer here, while not complete yet, appears to be "yes".

So, that would eventually bring on Phase 2. As I said earlier, Phase 2 is going to take a really long time to implement, so I wanted to be sure that the potential payout was worth the effort. I've got ideas on how to speed the process up considerably, but the success on that will vary depending on whether I can pull certain units or not.

In the long run, yes, you will always be able to cast on turn 1, while at the barest minimum, summoning will require a wait until turn 2.

chrono01 said:
I've been reading about the rates, and they seem extremely low.

In all of the many dumpster fires on Reddit yesterday (rofl over the petitions for change.org and the BBB over bad gacha rates), someone actually posted a logical analysis of why the rates are so bad based on JP published rates, which makes perfect sense.

On any given banner, there is a 30% chance to pull a banner unit.

That 30% is split between 5% for rare banner units and 25% for common banner units.

In global, to date before this banner, every banner was 1 rare and 2 commons. (4* rare pulls appear to have half rates [so 2.5%], with the other 2.5% being distributed to the other common banner cards.

The problem in this banner is that as far as the game is concerned, there are three rare banner cards in the gacha [Zidane, Amarant, Kuja]. As all 3 of them are 3* base, the 5% rare pull rate is distributed among them. Thus, each of them is expected to have about a 1.67% pull rate. The common banner percentage draw is purely then distributed between Lani and Vivi, which means that each of them has a 12.5% chance of being pulled.

So, in actuality,

Odds of pulling Zidane, Kuja, or Amarant specifically: 1 in 60
Odds of pulling any rare banner unit: 1 in 20
Odds of pulling Lani or Vivi: 1 in 4.

Yes, sir or madam, this is what we call a trap. As most have said, worst banner to date.

scarlet

Half price pull...Luna. Again.

Again, could be worse. COULD BE BETTER BUT

And CCIE you know how this game is. You know you have a stable of fantastic units and that you're one pul away from something great. I had roughly 16 pulls of ABSOLUTE SHIT yesterday before I got Kuja and Zidane, still haven't managed to get a Lani though >.>

And Scarlet you SLUT get a Mac or PC...

I have 2010's iMac. Not sure if it works well, and I'm too lazy looking for tutorial.

Fought Ainsel for the first time and she absolutely wrecked me.

5* 66 Chizuru, 5* 53 Firion, 5* 59 Vaan, 5* 62 Kefka, 4* 53 Lenna, Friend 5* 80 Chizuru.

Maledict

Fought Ainsel for the first time and she absolutely wrecked me.

5* 66 Chizuru, 5* 53 Firion, 5* 59 Vaan, 5* 62 Kefka, 4* 53 Lenna, Friend 5* 80 Chizuru.

You need an armour break to be able to do decent damage - Full Break is obviously the best, but if not that then De-protect or at least Armour break. Magic Break also helps if you can get it from someone.

Ahh, but that's the point of this entire side project. Can something be done about that? You are completely correct when you note that at a surface level, summons can only be casted rather infrequently.

The first phase of the project was to determine if the potential magnitude of summoning damage output was worthinvesting time and energy in pursuing. The answer here, while not complete yet, appears to be "yes".

So, that would eventually bring on Phase 2. As I said earlier, Phase 2 is going to take a really long time to implement, so I wanted to be sure that the potential payout was worth the effort. I've got ideas on how to speed the process up considerably, but the success on that will vary depending on whether I can pull certain units or not.

In the long run, yes, you will always be able to cast on turn 1, while at the barest minimum, summoning will require a wait until turn 2.

I would be interested to see the actual hard data on damage comparisons via other AOE damage, phys, mag or otherwise.

On any given banner, there is a 30% chance to pull a banner unit.

That 30% is split between 5% for rare banner units and 25% for common banner units.

So I was rather fortunate with my pulls, despite the 3* rating. People are going to loose their fucking MINDS during the FFT and Lightning Banners arent they?

creid

Who should I max next?
I have:
Golbez
Celes
Penelo
Leo
Zidane
Fran
Vivi
Kain

I've already maxed:
Cecil
Bartz
Kefka
Chizuru
Exdeath
Story characters
Galuf
Rydia

CCIE

Banned
The problem is that every character should have some redeeming quality. Any four star max unit is essentially GARBAGE in a few months, so they at least need a carrot. A decent TMR. And three star units should all have the same pull rates. 4* base the same, etc, etc... Do you know I have pulled Japan all week long, enough to know a few things... Somewhere between 5-10 AM PST is the only time rates are decent for the premium units. I've pulled at one time or another every unit in the game with the exception of one. I can't wait for the meltdowns with Lightning. I've done close to 2000 pulls to see what is out there in Japan to date, and I haven't seen her yet. The odds for her will be astronomical lottery type odds in Global.

The boosted material rates for events, horrible daily rewards (check out the dailies in Japan for reference). I work as technical support for sales, so I know what I'm talking about. You have to give something to make people want to spend. My FL has people that are quitting at an alarming rate, as I cleaned out ten people who haven't logged in since Monday.

Every PREMIUM pull should have 5* capability, even if they suck. As for spending money, I have every mobile game Square has made, and I've spent $50 on this one so far. If they want me to spend more, they are going to have to try a little harder...

I have the money to spend.

Lyrian

I would be interested to see the actual hard data on damage comparisons via other AOE damage, phys, mag or otherwise.

So I was rather fortunate with my pulls, despite the 3* rating. People are going to loose their fucking MINDS during the FFT and Lightning Banners arent they?

In the long run, that would be an interesting analysis, for curiosity's sake. Might give that a try for giggles once I finish leveling up all the espers.

You were quite fortunate. Considering the expected 1 in 60 odds for each of Zidane and Kuja, an average person would required 120 rolls to have a 50% chance of acquiring both of them. So, yeah, lottery tier there.

Hate to say it, but that was probably your Emperor roll right there. Hopefully some "charged electrical energy" will happen again in the future when it comes time to roll for him.

Yeah, and people will. The Lightning banner will make this one look generous. Using the logic above, my odds for Garnet are going to be very, very bad. It is safe to assume that Freyja will be considered a rare unit on that banner, as well as possibly others. The odds of me pulling Garnet are going to be bad as Zidane, if not outright worse.

CCIE

Banned
Chilly, if you know any Japanese I have an account with Emperor, Vargas, Charlotte, Lenna and some other good units. I can send you the information if you want.

I have a couple other really good accounts, but I know you love the Emperor.

Lyrian

Oh... fun fact time.

On a banner roll, if you roll the 70% chance to miss the banner (or you roll the rare summon banner directly), there is a 5 in 6 chance of pulling either a 3* garbage card or 4* gold awakened version of said garbage card. (83.2% total chance based on published JP rates)

Good luck with that!

Source JP Spreadsheet from Reddit

Kouriozan

This game need a rolling gacha, like the Japanese version of Record Keeper.
When you pull on a banner and don't get a rainbow crystal, you get slightly more chances to have one next time, each time until you get a 5* unit where it reset.
But then the game wouldn't be in top 10 grossing games in Japan when there's a big event like the July FF Type-0 one.

Valentus

so now i understand the whole summon rate fiasco of this banner:

To understand this, you must look at this table, there it is the NORMAL pull rate of each unit of JPBE (that it looks like is the same in global), and you can see the rate of "crap" 3star units and "premium" 3star units

when you summon up in a rates up banner, the system have 2 options:

30% chance of choose units of featured pool
70% chance of choose units of non-featured pool

If NRG chooses the 70% option, is like a normal summon and you are fucked.

If NRG chooses the 30% option, of the table i put before, you have that vivi and lani are normal units with a 12,5% chance of summon, so both have 25% of summoning. That makes left 5% for Zidane, Kuja and Amarant (1,67%)

If Vivi and Lani hasnt been in the banner, that 30% have been splited between only zidane, kuja and amarant, with a 10% for each one... but we all know that gumi put those 2 units for that effect on porpuse.

Now lets look on the past banner (WoL, Tellah, Lenna)

If NRG gives you a 30% chance, and you get a blue crystal, you cant get WoL, so chances are only Lenna and Tellah, so is 15% for each one (the numbers matches)

But if you get a yellow crystal, the table i posted shows that the chance of getting a base 4star is like 2,7% , leaving the rest 27,3% split in lenna and tellah, 13,65% each (the numbers still match)

Take that in mind in the future, lesson learned for me. I think Dragner posted something like this before, but now i understand this very clearly now xD

Lesson of the day: dont pull if the rates have common units in it, because those units fuck the rates very badly.

This banner is already fucked because vivi and lani, dont summon.

Dragner

Every PREMIUM pull should have 5* capability, even if they suck. As for spending money, I have every mobile game Square has made, and I've spent $50 on this one so far. If they want me to spend more, they are going to have to try a little harder...

I agree with this every 'FF' unit should be 5* right off the bat, how is that Vivi cant learn high level magic when in 9 he has massive magic power and can throw every single damaging spell and even has some exclusive ones....and here he has...comet? wtf.

Kouriozan

I agree with this every 'FF' unit should be 5* right off the bat, how is that Vivi cant learn high level magic when in 9 he has massive magic power and can throw every single damaging spell and even has some exclusive ones....and here he has...comet? wtf.
How come Zidane wield 2 daggers and yet don't learn dual wield
maybe at 6*!
Lightning I can somehow understand since she does wield 2 weapons in FF XIII for a short time after summoning Odin.

Final Fantasy 6 and 9 cast really REALLY need their awakening update, Vivi, Edgar maybe one more max 4* should get a 5* too.

Kouriozan

Rydia/Kain/Maria/Krile are considered trash pull and still got a 5*, I don't see why the other FF max 4* units can't also get it.
Plus with the powercreep and constantly more harder content it's not going to make them OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom