• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragner

yeah VI and IX were launch realms and then forgotten, the game is going for a year in Japan , it had 2 events for FF Type-0 and none for VI and IX. Even XIV is getting an event before this realms. And probably they will fill in VII and VIII units before revisiting those.

CCIE

Banned
Thanks for the information - not a chance I will even do a YOLO pull on a banner like this again. And yes, even Penelo should have a 5* form, or she shouldn't be a premium pull. That's like going to a 5* restaurant, and paying premium rates for a soggy grilled cheese sandwich. People are going to be pissed, and not want to come back. I expect a LOT of people to quit after the Lightning banner

If the premium pull actually had a big pool of not useless units, people would be more inclined to spend money to get the ones they want.

Pbae

Okey Dokey. So this guide is Trust Mastery grinding for IOS devices only. If you have any questions, just post in the thread since I forget to check PM's all the time.

First things first, I don't know if this is frowned upon by Gumi, but I have my reservations. This method uses the switch controls that are inherently part of the IOS so it doesn't require any outside applications. Also, if migrating data to an IOS device, make note that the Lapis will not transfer over (it's not lost but in order to use them, you'll need to migrate back to an Android device.)

1. Go into SETTINGS.

2. Go into GENERAL.

3. Go into ACCESSIBILITY.

4. From here click SWITCH CONTROLS which is under INTERACTIONS
It gets a little technical here.

5. Inside the SWITCH CONTROL menu you will need to make a NEW Switch by clicking SWITCHES and then ADD NEW SWITCH...

6. Here you want to choose SCREEN for your Switch and choose FULL SCREEN next. This allows the entirety of the screen to be used as a singular "button" to perform a set command we will make shortly.

7. You should now be in ACTIONS. This allows us to dictate the way in which the switch is activated.

8. Choose TAP which is under SYSTEM (this is personal preference but IMO the easiest and most effective way to use switch controls)

9. Now you want to go back to SWITCH CONTROL and click RECIPE and then CREATE NEW RECIPE...

10. Name your new recipe (I named mine FFBE) and click on ASSIGN A SWITCH.
11. Click on FULLSCREEN for the switch which should prompt you to select an ACTION. From here choose CUSTOM GESTURE. You're pretty much done now.

CUSTOM GESTURES is hard to explain typed up so WATCH THIS VIDEO.

Now you should be all set. All you need to do now is open FFBE, go into the page where you choose Earth Shrine level select , triple click your home button, and keep tapping the middle of the screen for a minute and walk away. You're done.

In the long run, that would be an interesting analysis, for curiosity's sake. Might give that a try for giggles once I finish leveling up all the espers.

You were quite fortunate. Considering the expected 1 in 60 odds for each of Zidane and Kuja, an average person would required 120 rolls to have a 50% chance of acquiring both of them. So, yeah, lottery tier there.

Hate to say it, but that was probably your Emperor roll right there. Hopefully some "charged electrical energy" will happen again in the future when it comes time to roll for him.

khclhjgzldglsyzgfalisghflhdgslhfgalhgfasjgdkjagfdasfgkasfgsadfgdsgkfdasfkgadgjhasdlkahdaskjhdalsdhagsdhgsljhdgajlsfdlgjasfdlgjsafdjlgasfdlasjhgdlasgdlhagdlhjasgdlasjhdgljahsdfaslhjdfadgsadhjasjldgashljdgjlashgd

So I have, going off of the statistics, a 0.04705% chance of pulling the emperor.

WHY U DO ME LIKE THIS

Pejo

I'm absolutely in love with this event. The expedition is leveling me up at twice the NRG efficiency as ADV Vortex, I'm getting farplane souls to finally finish up my Gravity Rod, I'm getting magicite, mythril ore, gilsnappers and gigantaurs.

I have a really easy pattern down too with my team from level 50-70 that i'm leveling up.

Step 1 - Bring a full break unit
Step 2 - Run around collect points and fight randoms in the first part of the map until everyone has full limit and summon.
Step 3 - Everyone limit and healer summon with Siren, 1 round KO of bombs
Step 4 - Clear floor of randoms, move on to next floor
Step 4 - Build limit back up, collect points and fight Ainsel,
Step 5 - Full break, buff/debuff first round, do limits and best physical attacks, re-full break as needed and repeat
Step 6 - Get full limits one last time fighting randos
Step 7 - Wipe out floor boss in 1 round
Step 8 - Clear floor of all randos

Bam - 72k XP and a bunch of mats.

Kouriozan

I agree, still a bit more until my team is maxed, already made a HP+15% and already have about 30 pure stones.
Not looking forward to the light megacryst farm though x)

Lyrian

so now i understand the whole summon rate fiasco of this banner:

To understand this, you must look at this table, there it is the NORMAL pull rate of each unit of JPBE (that it looks like is the same in global), and you can see the rate of "crap" 3star units and "premium" 3star units

when you summon up in a rates up banner, the system have 2 options:

30% chance of choose units of featured pool
70% chance of choose units of non-featured pool

If NRG chooses the 70% option, is like a normal summon and you are fucked.

If NRG chooses the 30% option, of the table i put before, you have that vivi and lani are normal units with a 12,5% chance of summon, so both have 25% of summoning. That makes left 5% for Zidane, Kuja and Amarant (1,67%)

If Vivi and Lani hasnt been in the banner, that 30% have been splited between only zidane, kuja and amarant, with a 10% for each one... but we all know that gumi put those 2 units for that effect on porpuse.

Now lets look on the past banner (WoL, Tellah, Lenna)

If NRG gives you a 30% chance, and you get a blue crystal, you cant get WoL, so chances are only Lenna and Tellah, so is 15% for each one (the numbers matches)

But if you get a yellow crystal, the table i posted shows that the chance of getting a base 4star is like 2,7% , leaving the rest 27,3% split in lenna and tellah, 13,65% each (the numbers still match)

Take that in mind in the future, lesson learned for me. I think Dragner posted something like this before, but now i understand this very clearly now xD

Lesson of the day: dont pull if the rates have common units in it, because those units fuck the rates very badly.

This banner is already fucked because vivi and lani, dont summon.

That's correct.

The problem, I believe, is that I think for the most part there will be at least one common unit in every banner going forward to screw with the draw rates of desired units. The situation gets even worse once 5* base units are added to the equation.

That's correct.

The problem, I believe, is that I think for the most part there will be at least one common unit in every banner going forward to screw with the draw rates of desired units. The situation gets even worse once 5* base units are added to the equation.

Honeymoon period is over eh? bahaha

Met the frost dragon last night. Started the fight out strong and it looked to be easy. Then he got a Blizzard off when he wasn't under Full Break and killed Lasswell and Artemios. Dragon had about 1/4 life left and Kefka was out of mana. Warrior of Light stepped forward and battled it out and took down the dragon. Love 1 shotting bosses!

Lyrian

EDIT: Nope, Cactuars/Snappers are invades. A likely invade, but if it doesn't happen by the time you run out of encounters for the floor (@ 4038 gil), then it's not going to happen that run.

Dragner

Cant wait for the III banner with CoD, Refia and Luneth rates up and every pulling 5-6 arcs per 11 pull^^.

Or the 2 event with all that Marias instead of Emperors or Firions.

Valentus

Isnt Arc Rod one of the best of the game, apart of emperor's rod?

im totally fine of getting 5 arcs lol xD

....Dammit, 2 of my cecils sums 100% in total.... THE TEMPTATION IS TOO BIG!!!

Dragner

Isnt Arc Rod one of the best of the game, apart of emperor's rod?

im totally fine of getting 5 arcs lol xD

....Dammit, 2 of my cecils sums 100% in total.... THE TEMPTATION IS TOO BIG!!!

yeah that was a bad example...damn the III banner is so good. Sure they will mess it on global somehow.

New banner Luneth Penelo and Lani incoming global exclusive.

hitmon

Okey Dokey. So this guide is Trust Mastery grinding for IOS devices only. If you have any questions, just post in the thread since I forget to check PM's all the time.

First things first, I don't know if this is frowned upon by Gumi, but I have my reservations. This method uses the switch controls that are inherently part of the IOS so it doesn't require any outside applications. Also, if migrating data to an IOS device, make note that the Lapis will not transfer over (it's not lost but in order to use them, you'll need to migrate back to an Android device.)

1. Go into SETTINGS.

2. Go into GENERAL.

5. Inside the SWITCH CONTROL menu you will need to make a NEW Switch by clicking SWITCHES and then ADD NEW SWITCH...

6. Here you want to choose SCREEN for your Switch and choose FULL SCREEN next. This allows the entirety of the screen to be used as a singular "button" to perform a set command we will make shortly.

7. You should now be in ACTIONS. This allows us to dictate the way in which the switch is activated.

8. Choose TAP which is under SYSTEM (this is personal preference but IMO the easiest and most effective way to use switch controls)

9. Now you want to go back to SWITCH CONTROL and click RECIPE and then CREATE NEW RECIPE...

11. Click on FULLSCREEN for the switch which should prompt you to select an ACTION. From here choose CUSTOM GESTURE. You're pretty much done now.

Now you should be all set. All you need to do now is open FFBE, go into the page where you choose Earth Shrine level select , triple click your home button, and keep tapping the middle of the screen for a minute and walk away. You're done.

I'm not sure if I'll switch off manual and try this, but thanks in case I do.

ImboSlice

Hi guys! Been playing this game 2 or 3 weeks and loving it :)

Started to level/awake my team of Bartz/Garland/WoL/Lenna/Kefka, but pulled a 5* Vaan this morning, so Garland makes an early exit.

I love that this game at no point forces me to spend money. Much fun :)

Valentus

Started to level/awake my team of Bartz/Garland/WoL/Lenna/Kefka, but pulled a 5* Vaan this morning, so Garland makes an early exit.

welcome to the club pal.

WoL and Vaan both have full break, so it kind of redundant having both in the party. You should keep garland in the team.

You've chosen a rather poor time to assert such positive energy.

Isn't the Emperors rod the best in the game?

leehom

The rates are apparently total garbage
Relax CCIE, I know them feels. My sl account is still using laswell and rain because the other 40+ pulls have been crap outside of getting lucky and getting a Chizuru last banner.

My gl account with 25 pulls has been all crap minus my first 3 pulls which were decent.

Really feels like on average we have a 1-2% chance to pull a good character, while some others are luckier, in general most of us aren't.

This morning I pulled a shadow and Edgar, which is probably at least my tenth one for each. Sabin loves me too.

leehom

I agree, still a bit more until my team is maxed, already made a HP+15% and already have about 30 pure stones.
Not looking forward to the light megacryst farm though x)
What about the dragon scale? I'm going to try to farm enough for at least four hp+ 15%

Shouta

Lani is such a bad kit and TM. If she had at least a useful TM or if there was a TM that made hers useful, then it'd be OK to get her during a pull but that's not the case. Even Penelo's Equip Dagger TM is now useful in JP thanks to the Cowboy Knife!

I'm so glad I spent the time grinding for that knife. Getting Dual-Wield innately on a weapon like that is too good.

Dawg

Finally.

CqU_YVZWIAIRAkz.jpg

chrono01

Yup, def done for now - as a f2p i just cant burn all my resources at this point considering what units we are still awaiting. The current banner sucks, especially considering we just had WoL/Lenna and Tellah.

Also they way Gumi is manipulating and handling the rates...i feel their main goal right now is to get us to waste our orbs before they drop Lightning and co.

Just hope to get a random Zidane pull in the next months while pulling on more worthwhile banner.

PS. Congrats to Garland - he is powerful yet still underrated in 5* form imo...but his 6* will be a beast, those lovely AoE attacks.
Thanks! I'm not terribly interested in Garland's 5* (since my current roster list is strong right now), but I am really excited for his 6* awakening. I've read some very good things, so I can't wait to try them out.

Wise decision to stop the summoning now, BTW. We F2P people need to conserve our resources when we can, and know when to call it quits, haha. I just hope Gumi doesn't intentionally mess with more of these banners...

...They probably will. :/

Yes, over half or more of the units have no purpose from what I can tell. Other than to make it harder to pull something decent. The rates are apparently total garbage - shouldn't be too hard to pull a decent three star, but they all definitely do not have equal rates. If it hadn't been for the decent rerolling to start, most people would probably have quit by now.

I'm going to abuse the crap out of the system, running TMR on auto-pilot all day. Could care less if they figure it out at this point. If they wanted to improve the game, they'd remove Sabin, Shadow, Penelo, and Lani from the pull list. Everything about those units is truly worthless. At least the loser Galuf doesn't have a worthless TMR, though it comes close. Instead, I've done enough rerolling on both servers to know the rates for those POS is definitely boosted, especially on Penelo and Lani - every third unit in Japan is one of those two. Why? Because they have absolutely no value at all...

And I'm not putting a dime into this from now on until things improve. Which they won't. Hopefully, I can build up enough lapis so that I can pull off the next banner, but I'm probably only doing 1/2 price pulls from now on. I figure soon will need at least ten pulls for one decent unit. Like Gumi wants. Not a good unit you can actually use, just decent. Something that doesn't just make you want to up and quit the game.
I can completely understand your frustration.

Good on you for ceasing the spending on money, BTW. Maybe if more people did that, Gumi would realize their mistake and stop making things more difficult than they should be. I really hope they don't continue this treatment of adding trash 3* into the featured banners. if they do, I'll be hoarding my Lapis for a long time. I refuse to spend them, when the pool of recruits is more diluted than it should be.

Anyway, I hope the game starts treating you better soon. :(

In all of the many dumpster fires on Reddit yesterday (rofl over the petitions for change.org and the BBB over bad gacha rates), someone actually posted a logical analysis of why the rates are so bad based on JP published rates, which makes perfect sense.

On any given banner, there is a 30% chance to pull a banner unit.

That 30% is split between 5% for rare banner units and 25% for common banner units.

In global, to date before this banner, every banner was 1 rare and 2 commons. (4* rare pulls appear to have half rates [so 2.5%], with the other 2.5% being distributed to the other common banner cards.

The problem in this banner is that as far as the game is concerned, there are three rare banner cards in the gacha [Zidane, Amarant, Kuja]. As all 3 of them are 3* base, the 5% rare pull rate is distributed among them. Thus, each of them is expected to have about a 1.67% pull rate. The common banner percentage draw is purely then distributed between Lani and Vivi, which means that each of them has a 12.5% chance of being pulled.

So, in actuality,

Odds of pulling Zidane, Kuja, or Amarant specifically: 1 in 60
Odds of pulling any rare banner unit: 1 in 20
Odds of pulling Lani or Vivi: 1 in 4.

Yes, sir or madam, this is what we call a trap. As most have said, worst banner to date.

so now i understand the whole summon rate fiasco of this banner:

To understand this, you must look at this table, there it is the NORMAL pull rate of each unit of JPBE (that it looks like is the same in global), and you can see the rate of "crap" 3star units and "premium" 3star units

when you summon up in a rates up banner, the system have 2 options:

30% chance of choose units of featured pool
70% chance of choose units of non-featured pool

If NRG chooses the 70% option, is like a normal summon and you are fucked.

If NRG chooses the 30% option, of the table i put before, you have that vivi and lani are normal units with a 12,5% chance of summon, so both have 25% of summoning. That makes left 5% for Zidane, Kuja and Amarant (1,67%)

If Vivi and Lani hasnt been in the banner, that 30% have been splited between only zidane, kuja and amarant, with a 10% for each one... but we all know that gumi put those 2 units for that effect on porpuse.

Now lets look on the past banner (WoL, Tellah, Lenna)

If NRG gives you a 30% chance, and you get a blue crystal, you cant get WoL, so chances are only Lenna and Tellah, so is 15% for each one (the numbers matches)

But if you get a yellow crystal, the table i posted shows that the chance of getting a base 4star is like 2,7% , leaving the rest 27,3% split in lenna and tellah, 13,65% each (the numbers still match)

Take that in mind in the future, lesson learned for me. I think Dragner posted something like this before, but now i understand this very clearly now xD

Lesson of the day: dont pull if the rates have common units in it, because those units fuck the rates very badly.

This banner is already fucked because vivi and lani, dont summon.
This is really interesting (and depressing). :/

1. Go into SETTINGS.

2. Go into GENERAL.

Thanks for this. I'm not sure if I'll bother, but it's nice to know regardless!

need about 20 sacred crystals, where's the best place to farm?
Awakening Vortex (INT) is the best.

Enjoy the grind.

Congrats!

NomarTyme

Lani is such a bad kit and TM. If she had at least a useful TM or if there was a TM that made hers useful, then it'd be OK to get her during a pull but that's not the case. Even Penelo's Equip Dagger TM is now useful in JP thanks to the Cowboy Knife!

I'm so glad I spent the time grinding for that knife. Getting Dual-Wield innately on a weapon like that is too good.

Did not know about this. Should have not sold her... sigh. Oh well, plenty of Penelos in the future.

Ok guys, which one of you is the one with the artemios with 2 excaliburs equiped?
That is a grinder or whale....trolling. Jeebus

chrono01

So I haven't filled in any part of my Espers skill trees yet...

Since I've read you can't fill everything out (at least, until they receive a 3* update), is it recommended to build towards the strength of each one (so ATK/HP for Ifrit, MAG/SPR for Shiva/Siren/Ramuh, HP/DEF for Golem, etc.)? I know I should grab the skills as a priority, I'm just not sure where to go beyond that. Also, I think I remember reading that you can't even grab all of the skills for a few? If so, which should I avoid? I'm worried about getting myself stuck in a situation where I can't grab something I really want. >_<

Pbae

Since I've read you can't fill everything out (at least, until they receive a 3* update), is it recommended to build towards the strength of each one (so ATK/HP for Ifrit, MAG/SPR for Shiva/Siren/Ramuh, HP/DEF for Golem, etc.)? I know I should grab the skills as a priority, I'm just not sure where to go beyond that. Also, I think I remember reading that you can't even grab all of the skills for a few? If so, which should I avoid? I'm worried about getting myself stuck in a situation where I can't grab something I really want. >_<

You pretty much want the skills. You get sch marginal benefits from stats. Like 100+ at will equal +1 to character.

Valentus

Dont grab stats, they are worthless because 1% of atk+30 are.... 0.3? xD

Siren: you can get the dances.... most of the skills are most outclassed, dont worry too much.

Ifrit: Beast Slayer, Plant Slayer, and Rage Fists are much necessary. Dont worry much about the rest.

Golem: Stone slayer, insect slayer, provoke and cover.

Shiva: ????????????????????????? Blizzara????? All of her skills are outclassed. You use shiva for her stats more of all.

Ramuh: Osmose is mandatory. dont care the rest. Maybe Dispel.

chrono01

You pretty much want the skills. You get sch marginal benefits from stats. Like 100+ at will equal +1 to character.

Dont grab stats, they are worthless because 1% of atk+30 are.... 0.3? xD

Siren: you can get the dances.... most of the skills are most outclassed, dont worry too much.

Ifrit: Beast Slayer, Plant Slayer, and Rage Fists are much necessary. Dont worry much about the rest.

Golem: Stone slayer, insect slayer, provoke and cover.

Shiva: ????????????????????????? Blizzara????? All of her skills are outclassed. You use shiva for her stats more of all.

Ramuh: Osmose is mandatory. dont care the rest. Maybe Dispel.
Thanks you two, I appreciate it.

It's pretty straight forward lol

Certain skills you can miss of course but why the fuck would you prioritize str on Ramuh etc etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom