• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's nice to see the summon breakdown though I just applied a basic common sense approach of if there are more characters in a banner, obviously getting the one you want is even more difficult. The only way I pull on a banner with more than three units is if I really want at least 3 units from it and as the couple extra will likely always be scubs, ain't ever happening. That will really suck if Lightning gets pushed back to the XIII banner. I won't be going for her then. At least in a banner with two other people, there's more of a chance of getting a good older unit like Chiz or Bart but with 5 or so people in the banner and I have no interest in any of them? Fuck that. Looks like I'll have to wait for the Orlandu banner for a physical attacking beast? Sigh, going to be boring not pulling for so long but I guess it will allow me to accumulate more lapis for the pulls. Now that the summer bundles are over, I can start accruing again. Just wish there was a better way than 50 from daily :| Up that shit to 100 at least!

Dont grab stats, they are worthless because 1% of atk+30 are.... 0.3? xD

Siren: you can get the dances.... most of the skills are most outclassed, dont worry too much.

Ifrit: Beast Slayer, Plant Slayer, and Rage Fists are much necessary. Dont worry much about the rest.

Golem: Stone slayer, insect slayer, provoke and cover.

Shiva: ????????????????????????? Blizzara????? All of her skills are outclassed. You use shiva for her stats more of all.

Ramuh: Osmose is mandatory. dont care the rest. Maybe Dispel.

I assume with Shiva you mean the stats naturally applied just by having her leveled and not the stats in your skill grid, correct? Damn, close to getting her to 2* and was was hoping she'd have something nice after Ramuh's disappointing selection. Grabbed Osmose per your advice and yeah, that could be a god send in long fights for Kefka.

Kouriozan

They are probably delaying her until the XIII event so you can awake her to 6* once you manage to pull her (lol)
Plus, pulling for Ludmilla and having a small chance to get Lightning would have been too good anyway.
That's why I expect a Garnet + Freya + Charlotte + Ludmilla banner next Friday, the other reason is that datamined gacha banners were never the one we got.

NomarTyme

I was ready to pull the trigger to buy $100 lapis bundle, but now I might just wait. Just stop fucking around with the japan releases, please.

Valentus

Thats what i think assuming those "vintage + new" events coming out:

IX event part 1 : Zidane + kuja + amarant + vivi + lani
IX event part 2 : Garnet + freya + vivi + lani (again for fuckery)

IV event part 1: Cecil + Golbez + Tellah + Kain + Rydia (kain and rydia would be the fuckery units)
IV event part 2: Rosa + Edge + Kain + Rydia

V event part 1: Bartz + Exdeath + Kryle + Galuf (more fuckery)
V event part 2: Faris + Lenna + Krile + Galuf

And we all cry.

IX event part 1 : Garnet + freya + vivi + lani (again for fuckery)

IV event part 1: Cecil + Golbez + Tellah + Kain + Rydia (kain and rydia would be the fuckery units)

And we all cry.

FFII Event tho

I was ready to pull the trigger to buy $100 lapis bundle, but now I might just wait. Just stop fucking around with the japan releases, please.

dU5uwWV3RqucQ7InODGZ_Third%20Hand%20Slap.gif

chrono01

IX event part 1 : Garnet + freya + vivi + lani (again for fuckery)

And we all cry.
It's depressing how likely this seems.

Dawg

I hope the next island is soon, I need moar content. Kolobos isn't even that old but it was such a small island ;_;

Damn, sucks to see what's ahead and then not follow that track. I wouldn't care if they did things differently for Global if I hadn't already seen what was out in Japan ;p If not Lightning, please make the first 6* one of the units I have in my lineup!

Slaythe

I'll gladly take a different Global path to shake things up to be honest.

Obnoxious to be forced to wait "because that is coming in 3 months !" and whatnot mentality. Fuck it really.

hitmon

I'm still getting random crashes on iOS, but not as frequent as before the update. Anybody else experiencing the same thing?

Shouta

Did not know about this. Should have not sold her... sigh. Oh well, plenty of Penelos in the future.

That is a grinder or whale....trolling. Jeebus

Yeah, Penelo is extremely common so no big deal on that front. Her TM is generally pretty bad actually but because of the Cowboy Knife (+82 attack and you gain Dual-Wield by equipping it) her Equip Dagger becomes useful for characters that can't equip daggers or more than one weapon type.

The prime example right now is Maxwell from the Brave Frontier collaboration event. The char can only equip spears and so unless you have several Gungnirs or Eileen's new TM weapon, Maxwell can't get a ton of attack power. Slot in Equip Dagger and you can equip the Cowboy Knife now solving that issue and still getting Dual Wield.

Dont grab stats, they are worthless because 1% of atk+30 are.... 0.3? xD

Siren: you can get the dances.... most of the skills are most outclassed, dont worry too much.

Ifrit: Beast Slayer, Plant Slayer, and Rage Fists are much necessary. Dont worry much about the rest.

Golem: Stone slayer, insect slayer, provoke and cover.

Shiva: ????????????????????????? Blizzara????? All of her skills are outclassed. You use shiva for her stats more of all.

Ramuh: Osmose is mandatory. dont care the rest. Maybe Dispel.

You want stats aside from getting specific abilities. The boosts are small but once you add all of them together, it's to a significant boost for your Espers and thus your characters. My Odin gives 62 attack power after stat boosts while my Ramuh gives 60 Magic Attack for my characters.

broz0rs

Aurizen

well I'm prepared to do about 20 summons when lightning drops. Then I'll save for Tidus.

Why is Rage Fist valued btw? Isn't it just a low damage, single target attack that ignores partial defence?
Well I mitigates 25% of their defense and increases user's attack by 1.5 i think.

Folstern

Used 5 tickets during this event and got: 3* Lani, 3* Galuf, 4* Edgar, 3* Cecil and 3* Locke so I am extremely pleased with that outcome. Going to LB train that Cecil and get Locke up to 80 for the sweet Treasure Hunter skill that to this day no one seems to know how it works.

Shouta

well I'm prepared to do about 20 summons when lightning drops. Then I'll save for Tidus.

Well I mitigates 25% of their defense and increases user's attack by 1.5 i think.

1.2x damage while ignoring 25% of their defense. It's a pretty strong skill for lower levels though it's not as good as you get higher.

Some of the best skills in JP right now are built in a similar way. Orlandu's Holy Explosion/Divine Ruination is a 200% attack with 50% defense ignore.

Used 5 tickets during this event and got: 3* Lani, 3* Galuf, 4* Edgar, 3* Cecil and 3* Locke so I am extremely pleased with that outcome. Going to LB train that Cecil and get Locke up to 80 for the sweet Treasure Hunter skill that to this day no one seems to know how it works.

Yeah. Global efficiency seems to be a mystery but it certainly feels like its working

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
You want stats aside from getting specific abilities. The boosts are small but once you add all of them together, it's to a significant boost for your Espers and thus your characters. My Odin gives 62 attack power after stat boosts while my Ramuh gives 60 Magic Attack for my characters.

I'll agree on this, but say certain skills. Typically, which ever character you're attaching it too. MAG, ATK, DEF, etc. Focus on them. Ifirt is for melee, get ATK.

Priority list is
-Good Abilities
-Decent Abilities with desired attributes
-Desired Attributes

What's your guys opinion on the Lapis deals? $100 bucks for 18000 I reckon would last awhile. I just figure if I spend money on this I may as well go big and get that bonus Lapis. Anyone get that bundle and feel it's worth it?

leehom

Easiest way to get dragon scales? I've farmed lanzelt highland 5x and only got 3. That's stealing from and killing the trexs amd wyvern.

Lyrian

it should be Garnet and Freya. The question is Gumi will add to the mix Crap units again to fuck the rates again.

If I had to wager a guess, I'd agree with what Chrono said.

Garnet 4* (1.67%) [1/3 of rare summon pool 5 %]
Freyja 3* (3.33%) [2/3 of rare summon pool 5 %]
Vivi (12.5%) [1/2 of common summon pool 25%]
Lani (12.5%) [1/2 of common summon pool 25%]

Off-banner (70%)

Lyrian

Aren't garnet and freya the crap units?

:)

Meh!

On a more serious note, I think moving forward, a "rare" unit is considered to be any unit that was released with a 5* possible form. "Common" units are those we all mostly hate, that have 4* max forms, with a few special exceptions later down the road.

Lyrian

Easiest way to get dragon scales? I've farmed lanzelt highland 5x and only got 3. That's stealing from and killing the trexs amd wyvern.

Your probably already doing the easiest way. Scales aren't very common.

According to the Wiki,

Dropped from

Location Monster
Kol Badlands Tyrannosaur
Lanzelt Lowlands Tyrannosaur
Lanzelt Highlands Tyrannosaur
Lanzelt Snowfields Balaur

Stolen from

Location Monster
Dalnakya Plains Mini Dragon
Deserted Highroad Wyvern
Lanzelt Lowlands Tyrannosaur
Lanzelt Highlands Tyrannosaur, Wyvern
Lanzelt Snowfields Balaur
Wolfsfang Peak Frost Dragon

Azuran

Banned
There's just something about people with Chizuruz, Bartz, WoL, and other top tier units bitching about their luck and Gumi because they can't get Zidane. It's kinda hard to take their complains seriously when I still see plenty of people running Laswell because they can't get anything better.

At some point the salt becomes kinda sad. Always fun to read thought.

Heng

What's your guys opinion on the Lapis deals? $100 bucks for 18000 I reckon would last awhile. I just figure if I spend money on this I may as well go big and get that bonus Lapis. Anyone get that bundle and feel it's worth it?
Seems like a decent deal but then again I wouldn't spend money on this game (based on how bad the rates are and the things Gumi has done in the past). Honestly I would just wait and see if they'll do a sale or when you plan on spending a huge amount of lapis on a banner.

There's just something about people with Chizuruz, Bartz, WoL, and other top tier units bitching about their luck and Gumi because they can't get Zidane. It's kinda hard to take their complains seriously when I still see plenty of people running Laswell because they can't get anything better.

No whats even better are those that act completely passive and falsely humble about having a future proof party after re-rollling about 23 times.

leehom

Chizuru is sort of common because a lot of people rerolled when we had the 10 ticket giveaway for her.

We bitch because the drop rates are atrocious. When you pull ten times and you get ten useless characters, that's pretty bad. Out of my roughly 80 pulls, I've only got 2 top tier characters. Chizuru because I rerolled for hours until I got her and the other one was pure luck on my other account after using 20+ tickets on the WoL banner.

Chizuru is sort of common because a lot of people rerolled when we had the 10 ticket giveaway for her.

We bitch because the drop rates are atrocious. When you pull ten times and you get ten useless characters, that's pretty bad. Out of my roughly 80 pulls, I've only got 2 top tier characters. Chizuru because I rerolled for hours until I got her and the other one was pure luck on my other account after using 20+ tickets on the WoL banner.

So wait, your only 6* potentials are Chizuru and WoL?

leehom

So wait, your only 6* potentials are Chizuru and WoL?

Never got WoL. Only have Chizuru on my SL account. On GL I have Firion and Chizuru (after hours of rerolling). If I was lucky enough to get WoL, I wouldn't complain about drop rates :D

My SL account was so bad, my team consisted of Krile, Laswell, Rain, Bedile and Edgar for the longest. Knowing how awful this team was, I made my GL team and use that as my primary. With this SL team, there was a lot of content I could not complete.

I still play my SL launch daily to mass up tickets/lapis for a chance to pull a lightning caliber character to share with everyone.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch

You're not really helping your case at all. You have the two hardest to get units, at the same time talking about rerolling till you do.

The entire issue is people expect, then get mad. It's no different than someone buying 3000 lotto tickets and not winning, then angry they didn't win because they bought 3000 tickets. It's a F2P game entirely based on chance of getting units. Sometimes you'll win, most of the time you're going to lose. It's why its F2P. If the rates were good, you would have no need to spend money. If they gave you a lot of stuff, you wouldn't need to spend any money. If they gave you what you wanted with ease, they wouldn't make any money.

Everyone is fixated on the top tier characters, who guess it, all have an under 1%. No wonder people are disappointed.

leehom

You're not really helping your case at all. You have the two hardest to get units, at the same time talking about rerolling till you do.

I don't agree with you here. Almost half the people on my friends list is sharing Chizuru. I don't think Firion is a popular share at his current level, thus I see a lot more Cecils/Ex-Death/CoD/WoL on my friends list over him.

Tons of people rerolled for chiz, so many people share her as she's their only good unit. (Me included, though I rerolled until I got at least 2 top units.)

Mostly because I was fully prepared for absolute shit luck when pulling later in the game.

Heng

I don't agree with you here. Almost half the people on my friends list is sharing Chizuru. I don't think Firion is a popular share at his current level, thus I see a lot more Cecils/Ex-Death/CoD/WoL on my friends list over him.
When was the last time you added someone who had Lasswell or some low tier unit as their leader (that's not from gaf)? I usually don't accept anyone who doesn't have a top tier unit so my friend list is also full of Exdeath/CoD/Chiz/etc.. I've also removed the non-gaf members with said low tier units as well.

I usually expect to get shit units when I pull so when I get something good, I'm really happy. Then again I have some pretty good luck when it comes to these games (I have Garland, CoD, and Bartz, as well as some units that may get 6* later like Kefka/Terra/Lenna). It's all about managing your expectations. These games are designed to make you want the top units so that you'll spend money to try to get it. Don't impulse buy and only spend money if you truly want to support the developers.

bonkeng

Going forward, Gumi will adjust those 3* rare units like Exdeath, Zidane, Cecil etc to have the same rate as those 4* base during banner. They simply just add trash units.

It was too generous during Chizuru and WoL banner as Kefka, Golbez, Lenna and Tellah are all good units, and some even has a chance of getting 6*.

When was the last time you added someone who had Lasswell or some low tier unit as their leader (that's not from gaf)? I usually don't accept anyone who doesn't have a top tier unit so my friend list is also full of Exdeath/CoD/Chiz/etc.. I've also removed the non-gaf members with said low tier units as well

I still have a Penelo or Laswell lead on my fl. Every time I'm tempted to remove them, i keep thinking that these players need my Chizuru more than i need another top tier friend. Only time I'll remove someone on my fl is if they're inactive for 3 days.

I thought you picked up chizzy recently? Or was that CCIE?

Chilly got her dream pull Exdeath.

Shouta

I assume rates for new events will work just like JP which is just fine because even the 5-star units in JP right now are very powerful. 6-stars are better of course but 5s are nothing to scoff at now thanks to the power creep.

Lyrian

Going forward, Gumi will adjust those 3* rare units like Exdeath, Zidane, Cecil etc to have the same rate as those 4* base during banner. They simply just add trash units.

I would agree with this statement. As Chilly said earlier, the honeymoon period is over. I would be highly surprised if banners like this one were not the norm going forward.

I would agree with this statement. As Chilly said earlier, the honeymoon period is over. I would be highly surprised if banners like this one were not the norm going forward.
I'm inclined to wait a bit before assuming the sky is falling. This is the first shitty banner, and it comes on the tail of a ton of free Lapis. I bet it's more of a ploy to trick people into spending their lapis now before the good banners coming up.

If the community figures out that pulls are shit, Gumi may stand to lose players who would otherwise spend money for a decent chance at characters. Who knows, though, maybe whales will make up for that loss. I'm still holding on to hope at the moment.

CCIE got Chizuru >.< my party dynamic works without her quite well but she would be nice to have.

You have wonder, people are flipping out over the nerfed rates of characters like Zidane or Kuja, both of which can be pulled sat 3*, which is how I got them, think of the 5* base.

Refia, Light-sama, Orlando Bloom or (gulp) the Emperor.

It will be a slaughter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom