• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like a decent deal but then again I wouldn't spend money on this game (based on how bad the rates are and the things Gumi has done in the past). Honestly I would just wait and see if they'll do a sale or when you plan on spending a huge amount of lapis on a banner.

When you say things Gumi did, I'm assuming with another game. What's their dirty track record?

Shouta

Power creep?

You've never heard of power creep?

Basically, new stuff gets released and it's more powerful then the previous content so updated stuff or stuff that comes after it needs to be equal or a little better to be worthwhile. It happens in everything from games to TV shows.

With 6-stars coming down the line for BE, 5-stars need to be more powerful to keep up with those so even the 5-stars that are out now will get out-classed by 5-stars that are somewhat common down the line. Van and Chizuru (pre-6 star form) was totally outclassed by Agrias for a long while, for example. Exdeath was outclassed by Arc until he received a 6-star form, etc.

It's why I find it super silly to moan about not getting the best units every banner or whatever. The game is balanced more than enough to be enjoyable even without a full party of killers and you'll eventually get them as you play anyway. I've had Chizuru for ages but I barely even use her compared to other 6-stars that rank lower than her for example, lol.

chrono01

That was weird. I started the app, clicked the title screen, and it took me to...name creation? I immediately killed the app and re-launched it and it found my account.

Scary. O_O

Falk

that puzzling face
You've never heard of power creep?

Basically, new stuff gets released and it's more powerful then the previous content so updated stuff or stuff that comes after it needs to be equal or a little better to be worthwhile. It happens in everything from games to TV shows.

With 6-stars coming down the line for BE, 5-stars need to be more powerful to keep up with those so even the 5-stars that are out now will get out-classed by 5-stars that are somewhat common down the line. Van and Chizuru (pre-6 star form) was totally outclassed by Agrias for a long while, for example. Exdeath was outclassed by Arc until he received a 6-star form, etc.

It's why I find it super silly to moan about not getting the best units every banner or whatever. The game is balanced more than enough to be enjoyable even without a full party of killers and you'll eventually get them as you play anyway. I've had Chizuru for ages but I barely even use her compared to other 6-stars that rank lower than her for example, lol.

just go with the more immediate example of Lightning outclassing everything because reasons

CCIE

Banned
The next two banners will tell the story. If they come out as expected, I expect people to quit en masse. They are already beginning to do so from what I've seen. This is why Gumi are failures at essentially everything they touch. They don't understand people or business in general. Too greedy, and no idea how to bait the hook intelligently

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
The next two banners will tell the story. If they come out as expected, I expect people to quit en masse. They are already beginning to do so from what I've seen. This is why Gumi are failures at essentially everything they touch. They don't understand people or business in general. Too greedy, and no idea how to bait the hook intelligently

giphy.gif

Dragner

I expect lightning banner to come untouched...I mean the XIII banner, where getting Lightning is absolutely impossible because she was super diluted with another base 5 on the same banner and 5 total units. No way we get the lightning reveal banner.

CCIE

Banned
Shintocki - I had to trim ten inactives from Monday this morning. And additional 15 have not logged in since Thursday on my list. They still have time, but I doubt they bother to log in again.

Falk

that puzzling face
I'm not sure if you should be up in arms @ Gumi specifically, or at least unilaterally, in this case.

Brave Exvius JP on launch really wasn't much better. Some of the write-ups about the JP experience when Brave Exvius Global softlaunch was but a rumor should have already clued people in on at least what to expect.

edit: Actually for context 1.9% is actually higher than a typical rate-up in any gacha game, Zidane being 3* notwitstanding.

Summer Zooey in GBF 0.7% lol

Nohar

Hum. Well, I guess I'm going to stop playing this game rather quickly. I just dislike gacha times too much, and I have better things to do with my time than to do daily quests (always hated this in every game I played, and one of the reason I don't play MMO anymore) and grind events or TMs.

If you are looking for me, I'll be playing Yoshi's Wooly World (excellent platformer) or The Witcher 3, games that I actually have fun playing.

bonkeng

I expect lightning banner to come untouched...I mean the XIII banner, where getting Lightning is absolutely impossible because she was super diluted with another base 5 on the same banner and 5 total units. No way we get the lightning reveal banner.

Wait, who's the other ff13 base 5*?

FF13 banner:
Xyh0eCu.png

Lightning - 5* ~ 6*
Snow - 4* ~ 6*
Vanille - 4* ~ 5*
Hope - 4* ~ 5*
Fang - 3* ~ 5*
Sazh - 3* ~ 5*

Other Lightning banner:
Sw2ND4U.png

Charlotte - 3* ~ 5*
Ludmille - 3* ~ 5*

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Shintocki - I had to trim ten inactives from Monday this morning. And additional 15 have not logged in since Thursday on my list. They still have time, but I doubt they bother to log in again.

Personal experience, isn't representative of overall statistics. If we took Gaf as a sample, Call of Duty wouldn't even be in the top 20 games of the year and Souls would have a temple of worship in 42 states.

Note to take is the game is still new. Mobile titles do not have the typical retention rate other games share. Most are F2P, hence why a lot of people try them out and quit the minute they hit a wall. If they manage to get just 2% of the continual base to pay. That would be an enormous success. The Marvel and Star Wars titles are around 1-1.5%. People also leaving and coming back is the norm and to be expected. The only reason you notice on your own friends list is because it is limited and you get benefits for having them. The title gives you incentive to return daily and micromanage it.

On the rates, in comparison to most other F2P, it's actually pretty fair.
1. All story content is completely doable with base characters.
2. Most advance content is doable with base characters too. A few small exceptions, i.e. a bit of luck here and there is needed.
3. The rates have been pretty static and fair. It's been people's own assumptions which has got them into an aggressive furry. For Zid, who has the most highly desired TM in the game which will effectively double any physical damage attack power. A 1.79% drop rate isn't bad at all. Many titles would completely lock you out of even a chance to get it unless you paid. The problem has been the lack of expectations being managed without the general understanding of probability. If the game was tilted in our favor, we wouldn't have any desire to pay. It's not a Pay to Win title, but it's a pay to stay ahead of the curve. If you got a solid character or two already(Bartz, Chiz, Kefka, Garland, etc), you're already ahead of the curve and had some luck on your side. But these games will always prey on those who have no patience and a need for quick gratification.

Honestly, I expect the same thing every banner. The same vocal crowd will bemoan how the rates are terrible and how they are quitting. Then two weeks later, do the same exact thing.

Xion86

Hey all, what have I missed?? Any summary? :p Been a busy weekend so far.

I'm probably going to go for just the one HP +15% Ability. Need 13 Light Megacrysts and 8 Dragon Scales now. Is there much point me re running Abyss more? Or get the materials elsewhere?

chrono01

I'm probably going to go for just the one HP +10% Ability. Need 13 Light Megacrysts and 8 Dragon Scales now. Is there much point me re running Abyss more? Or get the materials elsewhere?
Oh, the usual. :)

As for farming the event, apparently Light Megacrysts drop relatively well, although I haven't been experiencing that. I've received a few Dragon Scales from Ainsel, and plenty of Red Megacite which is nice. I'm nearing the point of getting all of the event-exclusive items from the dungeon too, so I'll need to decide whether to keep at it for the rest of the materials or trying farming them elsewhere.

Also, do 2* Espers receive new abilities? Apparently Ifrit is supposed to have Slayer abilities, but I don't see them on his skill tree. Same with Siren and her dances.

Malakhov

Banned
Now at the point to farm sacred and holy crystals plus some litrock to awaken Lenna, Tellah, Bartz, Garland and WoL at 5 stars. Fun, fun, fun :(

Also created a second account and almost finished all content to stack on lapis to play while I wait after stamina on my main, I'm that much addicted...

I'm not gonna be summoning anything for a long while(if im even still playing this), the 11 pull and half off I did a while back giving me jack shit was enough for me.

Golbez is all I need, me and him against the world.

I guess Cloud of Darkness and Firion can come too.

Xion86

Just defeated the Frost Dragon!! :D wasn't even planning to fully take him out until Garland and Warrior of Light were maxed, but thought I'd give it a go.

My team was: Warrior of Light, Kefka, Garland, Cloud of Darkness and Terra.

wilstreak

at least i have the recipe for Hero's ring, now onto farming

is the droprate for FIre Megacryst in Zadehl Westersand so bad because in 4 runs, it only drop 1.

Or am i just being pure unlucky right now.

Celegus

is the droprate for FIre Megacryst in Zadehl Westersand so bad because in 4 runs, it only drop 1.

Little of column A, little of column B. Hero ring farming has got to be my least favorite thing in this game, it's pretty awful.

BPBiorr

You can also get the Fire megacrysts from the Golzas canyon exploration map. I'm not too sure if the increased stamina cost makes it a worthy alternative though.

Azuran

Banned
Chizuru is sort of common because a lot of people rerolled when we had the 10 ticket giveaway for her.

We bitch because the drop rates are atrocious. When you pull ten times and you get ten useless characters, that's pretty bad. Out of my roughly 80 pulls, I've only got 2 top tier characters. Chizuru because I rerolled for hours until I got her and the other one was pure luck on my other account after using 20+ tickets on the WoL banner.

I agree the rates are horrendous and they could certainly make those filler units a lot better, but what annoys me is the sheer entitlement from some people acting like they deserved the good units no matter what. Maybe I'm used to gatcha screwing me and others over but I can't get pissed at the people running this game for trapping players into pulling in a terrible banner especially when most of them know the risk is higher than expected.

There's nothing stopping players from dropping this game if things don't go their way considering is F2P. We didn't have to pay an $80 starting fee like most games so there's nothing keeping players hostage if all they do nowadays is complain how garbage this game.

H3xum

Guys. It is fine. I know a certain amount of complaining comes along with a gacha game, but, just enjoy it for what it is because news flash, there is no such thing as future proofing. There will always be better units because they will always want to make money.

Have fun

I'm probably going to go for just the one HP +15% Ability. Need 13 Light Megacrysts and 8 Dragon Scales now. Is there much point me re running Abyss more? Or get the materials elsewhere?

I was gonna say girl, where you been!

So how many trophies to people have?

Zafir

I agree the rates are horrendous and they could certainly make those filler units a lot better, but what annoys me is the sheer entitlement from some people acting like they deserved the good units no matter what. Maybe I'm used to gatcha screwing me and others over but I can't get pissed at the people running this game for trapping players into pulling in a terrible banner especially when most of them know the risk is higher than expected.

There's nothing stopping players from dropping this game if things don't go their way considering is F2P. We didn't have to pay an $80 starting fee like most games so there's nothing keeping players hostage if all they do nowadays is complain how garbage this game.

I don't think anyone was saying they deserve good units no matter what. Most of the complaints I've seen, are just relating due to the fact the rates are shit. Which, they are, and it's compounded by the issue of having a large percentage chance of getting yet another rubbish filler unit.

I play Brave Exvius, but I'm not going to defend it's model as a game. I'm not going to defend any model which feeds into whales spending loads of money. I complain about random chance cosmetics in Overwatch, which frankly is a minor problem to random chance characters in gacha games. I still play them because I like the content, but they price themselves out of me spending a lot of money in them because the £ to character conversion cost is unreal.

Over all it's a shame for me personally, because actually with decent prices I would be happy to put more money in. I've put quite a pretty penny into buying stuff in HotS, or even Dota to a lesser extent(mostly compendium stuff).

bonkeng

This is so true.

A guy on reddit rage-quit by feeding his Chizuru, WoL, etc to his Lani because he didn't get a single Zidane in 40 pulls. I mean, come on, ffs he has Chizuru and WoL. The self entitlement some people have, it's ridiculous.

We can't expect to get all the units we desire. 95% of our pull is expected to be crap. As all other gacha games too. This is not just exclusive to BE.

If everyone gets every unit they want, then we will all be having the same units. How boring would that be? Beat the same boss with the exact same party, with the exact same TM set up etc.

Can't wait for the tears when Lightning finally comes.

Dragner

Oh the lightning ragefest is going to be glorious. Luckily Im not pulling there unless theres a good consolation prize. Going for mah boi Luneth.

Zafir

I was going to save up for Lightning but when I heard the rates, I ended up just using my saved up Lapis on WoL. Didn't get him but whatever. Wouldn't have gotten Lightning either.

Oh the lightning ragefest is going to be glorious. Luckily Im not pulling there unless theres a good consolation prize. Going for mah boi Luneth.

Same here; I mean if I pulled her if use her but I'm not going crazy after her. I do want Luneth too but again, for me the endgame is The Emperor :)

Maybe someone here knows, but I'm super curious why the equip item Tiger Mask is sought after. I see it mentioned time to time. It seems like a pretty crappy item to me. Is there a secret power to it?

Zafir

Maybe someone here knows, but I'm super curious why the equip item Tiger Mask is sought after. I see it mentioned time to time. It seems like a pretty crappy item to me. Is there a secret power to it?

It's just a good helm for any phys attacker since its +ATK. Don't think there's many, if any other +ATK helms.

scarlet

Is there a way to check how many trophies you have in total?

I counted it manually x)

This is so true.

A guy on reddit rage-quit by feeding his Chizuru, WoL, etc to his Lani because he didn't get a single Zidane in 40 pulls. I mean, come on, ffs he has Chizuru and WoL. The self entitlement some people have, it's ridiculous.

We can't expect to get all the units we desire. 95% of our pull is expected to be crap. As all other gacha games too. This is not just exclusive to BE.

If everyone gets every unit they want, then we will all be having the same units. How boring would that be? Beat the same boss with the exact same party, with the exact same TM set up etc.

Can't wait for the tears when Lightning finally comes.

Tears? It would be blood.

As F2P I'm very grateful with the units I'm having so far. 36 pulls, probably only had 7 useful units. I almost rage quit though.

I don't mind spending money to get more chances for better units, but I don't see myself still playing this in a year. I got bored so easily and I'm kinda burned out grinding for TM.

Orlandu is my daddy

I want Luneth too. Love his sprite.

Same here; I mean if I pulled her if use her but I'm not going crazy after her. I do want Luneth too but again, for me the endgame is The Emperor :)

I hope you get both! L
ani and Lani

bonkeng

+14 atk Headgear (2nd highest). It's free and easy to get.

Hayate's Black Cowl TM doubles that, but you need to pull Hayate first, then farm his TM.

Xion86

What are your fave sprites guys?

I really love WoL and Luneth sprites, especially WoL, very simple.

I hate that aura glowing light thingy like Cecil's and Rain's 6* sprites. Those are abomination.

riBZiin.gif

I really like Roselia a lot, her hair and the way she holds her staff, I think that Sprite really stands out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom