• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valonquar

Today't 1/2 price shit pull brought to you by.... 3* Maria!

Orlando is calling to me from the future. I can hear him softly whispering "Give me all the TM materia you've been farming for Chizuru."

Coppanuva

Today't 1/2 price shit pull brought to you by.... 3* Maria!

Orlando is calling to me from the future. I can hear him softly whispering "Give me all the TM materia you've been farming for Chizuru."

Yeah I think I'm done with the 1/2 price summons until more units come. 2 Russell's and a vivi... Better to save I guess.

Zafir

I did one yesterday, got Vivi and have decided to just not bother unless it's a banner which has something I really want.

I actually do rather like FFIX(second favourite FF even) but the units are all just so underwhelming. Wouldn't mind Zidane, but with those drop chances, what's the point. :p

Lyrian

So how many trophies do people have?

Did you have to ask? :/
Will get #48 today and maybe #49 (by tomorrow at latest} - Colosseum silver trophies

BPBiorr said:
Is Stonra blade any good? Would forging muscle belts be a better use of my earth megacrysts?

Stonra Blade is one of those "good to have in your back pocket abilities". Earth elemental attacks are rare and difficult to come by. That said, outside of Ainsel in the current event, there is nothing on Global that really requires it... yet. However, Ainsel is quite weak to Stonra Blade, and significantly eases the difficulty of the encounter. Doubly so, if you have Stonra and can chain that into Stonra Blade for an Element Chain, making the encounter almost completely trivial.

Farming Earth Megacrysts is relatively easy outside of the event. They drop fairly commonly from the Westersand Exploration.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I think I'm leaning towards getting 2 of the 15% Hp abilities, but in no rush to make them. I can find Dragon Scales and Light Crystals any time. And I'll just keep the Pearls. Probably get enough for a few more too(4 Sounds good).

It's not like the recipe disappears, So I may see if they put out the next set of rings first.

Kouriozan

I could have 4 HP+15% already, if it wasn't for those light megacrysts >.<
Currently 16/27 for my second one then I'll take a break, hope the next island will have a better map for those.

Valentus

Yesterday i started:

tm1a5uvk.png

24 hours later of powergrinding:

1500 lapis used so far. So much better than pull 1 shadow, 1 lani and 1 fucking bedile.

Pbae

Just a heads up, but if one of your units has full trust mastery and you feed it, it WILL NOT give any trust bonus to the new unit. Just checked with a 100% Rizer fed to a new Rizer I summoned.

Rixa

^^ Nice :).

I have done event here and there + dailies. Almost done Kolobos, last explo still to do. Been fun to do something else than carry phone with me to every room / place and tap continuously :p. Daily today was Edgar, its now 30% TM :p

hitmon

What rank is everyone currently at? If anybody has reach the max, can you still get lapis other than dailies or a new area?

BPBiorr

Stonra Blade is one of those "good to have in your back pocket abilities". Earth elemental attacks are rare and difficult to come by. That said, outside of Ainsel in the current event, there is nothing on Global that really requires it... yet. However, Ainsel is quite weak to Stonra Blade, and significantly eases the difficulty of the encounter. Doubly so, if you have Stonra and can chain that into Stonra Blade for an Element Chain, making the encounter almost completely trivial.

Farming Earth Megacrysts is relatively easy outside of the event. They drop fairly commonly from the Westersand Exploration.

Thanks for the advice, after reading your post I decided to pull the trigger and craft one. Hopefully it will speed up my goal of getting 5 +15% HPs.

Valentus

rank 48 currently.

If you are into rank grind. I suggest do esper fights or fight the chimera. 15 energy for 500 exp is the best exp per energy right now.

Aurizen

Wait, who's the other ff13 base 5*?

FF13 banner:
Xyh0eCu.png

Lightning - 5* ~ 6*
Snow - 4* ~ 6*
Vanille - 4* ~ 5*
Hope - 4* ~ 5*
Fang - 3* ~ 5*
Sazh - 3* ~ 5*

Other Lightning banner:
Sw2ND4U.png

Charlotte - 3* ~ 5*
Ludmille - 3* ~ 5*

So which lightning banner are we getting?

Lyrian

Thanks for the advice, after reading your post I decided to pull the trigger and craft one. Hopefully it will speed up my goal of getting 5 +15% HPs.

I'm in the same boat you are.

Stonra Blade is useful for in the Ainsel encounter for any physical units that do not have Barrage, or any other ultra damage move. For example, a Stonera Blade allowed my Lasswell to be something more than just dead weight during that fight. Note that Stonera Blade is not going to let you one shot Ainsel, because of her crazy high defense, but it will allow physical characters (like Lasswell) to do a bit more than a few hundred damage per round to her.

The real bottleneck of the HP +15% is going to be dragon and tough scales, as those come from places that most people do not farm because they do not drop components for Hero Rings.

Lyrian

What rank is everyone currently at? If anybody has reach the max, can you still get lapis other than dailies or a new area?

44 here, haven't done any serious rank XP grinding... yet. Started at hard Global launch.

Ranking up slows down immensely around 30, and reaches a snail's pace by 40. It is a serious downer to rank up and then see that you need over 15k rank xp for the next level up.

Fun facts: Rank XP needed for the final level (99 -> 100): 34374. Total Rank XP required (1-> 100): 812048.

The best currently available exchange for energy to rank xp is 15 energy --> 500 rank xp. 812048/500 = 1625 runs of 2* esper/demon chimera. Ouch.

Honestly, if someone is at the rank cap (100) at the moment, then they have spent quite a serious amount of lapis on energy refreshes to get there.

But, to answer your question more directly, if a player is at the cap, then the only sources of free lapis are the dailies and briefly any new story areas that open as one-time rewards.

CCIE

Banned
Cecil can't equip rods because that is not him. He is a Paladin. My only real issue with some of the characters is that Zidane doesn't innately have dual wield daggers. Other than that, they've been pretty close with most of it.

Cecil can't equip rods because that is not him. He is a Paladin. My only real issue with some of the characters is that Zidane doesn't innately have dual wield daggers. Other than that, they've been pretty close with most of it.

GIRL DON'T TELL ME HOW TO DO ME

If he's a Paladin he should be well versed in white mage rod use ; ;

I feel apprehensive for Kuja and to a lesser extent, Kefka in reference to 6* possibilities. I mean they passed over Golbez for FFIV and the Emperor in FFII was a base 5* :(

Cool detail I noticed is that Kefka's bottom most wing on Wings of Ruin isn't an angel wing but a dragons!

hitmon

44 here, haven't done any serious rank XP grinding... yet. Started at hard Global launch.

Ranking up slows down immensely around 30, and reaches a snail's pace by 40. It is a serious downer to rank up and then see that you need over 15k rank xp for the next level up.

Fun facts: Rank XP needed for the final level (99 -> 100): 34374. Total Rank XP required (1-> 100): 812048.

The best currently available exchange for energy to rank xp is 15 energy --> 500 rank xp. 812048/500 = 1625 runs of 2* esper/demon chimera. Ouch.

Honestly, if someone is at the rank cap (100) at the moment, then they have spent quite a serious amount of lapis on energy refreshes to get there.

But, to answer your question more directly, if a player is at the cap, then the only sources of free lapis are the dailies and briefly any new story areas that open as one-time rewards.

Thanks for the feedback, I just made rank 44 myself.

Maybe I have terrible luck, but there have been a few times in the promo vortex where I don't encounter a giant cactuar or King gil turtle after running around without getting any more encounters. After exiting the vortex, sometimes I get a black bar in the UI on top part of the screen where the rank and NRG info is. Has anybody else experienced this?

I can't believe the trust master grind some of you are doing. I sat there yesterday and did it for awhile during my Stranger Things binge, and those percentage bars barely move. Half the time nobody even gains a .01%. It's freaking ridiculous. It's like the devs figured we'd get these things in a year, and that's IF we stuck with the same units. It's cray cray

Heng

I can't believe the trust master grind some of you are doing. I sat there yesterday and did it for awhile during my Stranger Things binge, and those percentage bars barely move. Half the time nobody even gains a .01%. It's freaking ridiculous. It's like the devs figured we'd get these things in a year, and that's IF we stuck with the same units. It's cray cray
This is where macros come to play. You set it to where it automatically runs for you while you watch a movie or play some other games.

If you have a rooted Android device, there's an app you can download. If not, then you could download an emulator called Nox or Andy (for iOS I believe?) and make a macro there.

Dragner

yeah my nox macro has been running for 2 days, is super easy to set up and you can make the macro cycle each 230 seconds or so so it runs infinitely. Today Ive been on the beach while this game played alone, won 3% on each character. Just be sure to have enough room on your materials before starting, you will be getting a lot of crap.

hitmon

First time I encountered a giant metal cactuar and the king gil snapper in one vortex run. May be my luck has finally turned for the better. Now I'm tempted to run with it on a 1/2 off daily pull..

Aurizen

First time I encountered a giant metal cactuar and the king gil snapper in one vortex run. May be my luck has finally turned for the better. Now I'm tempted to run with it on a 1/2 off daily pull..

I didn't know that was possible! :eek:

Also guys I made 8 new spots I'm trying to get the generous giver trophy as one more step to getting my hero ring recipe, guys add me Aurizen 445 543 659.

Kouriozan

In the Japanese version there is a one per day vortex battle with 3 metal gigantuars and 3 king gil snappers

Video here.

They even give one megacite each, and that's not the best, it only cost 5 NRG!
Can't wait for it in 6 months x)

Celegus

yeah my nox macro has been running for 2 days, is super easy to set up and you can make the macro cycle each 230 seconds or so so it runs infinitely. Today Ive been on the beach while this game played alone, won 3% on each character. Just be sure to have enough room on your materials before starting, you will be getting a lot of crap.

Same here except replace the beach with helping my little sister move. Close enough? My 2 Lockes, 2 Lunas and Cecil are creeping onto 20%, so at least it seems possible now. No way would I ever do this manually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom