• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

hitmon

I didn't know that was possible! :eek:

Also guys I made 8 new spots I'm trying to get the generous giver trophy as one more step to getting my hero ring recipe, guys add me Aurizen 445 543 659.

I sent you a friend request.

In the Japanese version there is a one per day vortex battle with 3 metal gigantuars and 3 king gil snappers

Video here.

They even give one megacite each, and that's not the best, it only cost 5 NRG!
Can't wait for it in 6 months x)

Oo, I look forward to that vortex should it make it over to global. Hopefully I'll have a unit worth leveling by that time. Right now I have all my decent to good units at max level and cactuars just eating up unit slots. How many unit slots do you guys have currently? I currently have 70.

chrono01

I agree the rates are horrendous and they could certainly make those filler units a lot better, but what annoys me is the sheer entitlement from some people acting like they deserved the good units no matter what. Maybe I'm used to gatcha screwing me and others over but I can't get pissed at the people running this game for trapping players into pulling in a terrible banner especially when most of them know the risk is higher than expected.

There's nothing stopping players from dropping this game if things don't go their way considering is F2P. We didn't have to pay an $80 starting fee like most games so there's nothing keeping players hostage if all they do nowadays is complain how garbage this game.
I get frustrated with the game sometimes, but I never (ever) expect to get a certain character with my saved pulls. That's just setting yourself up for disappointment. Just pull when you feel like it, or if there's a banner that particularly interests you, and hope for the best. Things probably won't go your way however, so be prepared for the eventual heartbreak and move on.

This is so true.

A guy on reddit rage-quit by feeding his Chizuru, WoL, etc to his Lani because he didn't get a single Zidane in 40 pulls. I mean, come on, ffs he has Chizuru and WoL. The self entitlement some people have, it's ridiculous.

We can't expect to get all the units we desire. 95% of our pull is expected to be crap. As all other gacha games too. This is not just exclusive to BE.

If everyone gets every unit they want, then we will all be having the same units. How boring would that be? Beat the same boss with the exact same party, with the exact same TM set up etc.

Can't wait for the tears when Lightning finally comes.
Oh wow.

Oh the lightning ragefest is going to be glorious. Luckily Im not pulling there unless theres a good consolation prize. Going for mah boi Luneth.
I'm going to do a 10+1 pull (and maybe a few tickets) on Lightning's banner, but I know I won't get her. If I can get one useful character out of it I'll be happy, but if not...eh.

Actually, I might pass entirely and wait for another one, if we get the mixed Lightning banner. It all depends on what Gumi does.

Personally I skipped daily summon so far, will start to do it once Ludmille hits.
I've stopped doing the daily 1/2 price summons too. Saving my Lapis for more interesting banners.

My 1/2 price pull today is a second Warrior of Light, 4* though this time.
Congrats!

In the Japanese version there is a one per day vortex battle with 3 metal gigantuars and 3 king gil snappers

Video here.

They even give one megacite each, and that's not the best, it only cost 5 NRG!
Can't wait for it in 6 months x)
Insane.

We need this.

Had a quick question for you guys, if I redeem any trophies now that I got the Hero's Ring will I still get credit for future rewards or will that mess up the count?

Celegus

Had a quick question for you guys, if I redeem any trophies now that I got the Hero's Ring will I still get credit for future rewards or will that mess up the count?

I can't imagine they wouldn't count, but I guess I can't say for sure having never played the JP version. That would be pretty insane if they didn't, I'd say it's safe.

Aurizen

I sent you a friend request.

Oo, I look forward to that vortex should it make it over to global. Hopefully I'll have a unit worth leveling by that time. Right now I have all my decent to good units at max level and cactuars just eating up unit slots. How many unit slots do you guys have currently? I currently have 70.

Thanks I accepted it! Also I hope that vortex comes really soon. I need a good boost in money.

Lyrian

Ok. That was the only thing that worried me about redeeming some trophies I got.

That is practically an impossibility. There's no way to earn the trophies if that was the case. Also, that would screw over all the people who played since launch. The game knows when you earn a trophy. All you are doing is claiming the rewards tied to reaching various goals.

99.9% sure that trophies were retroactive on JP when the new trophy rewards were released.

Lyrian

I need a lot of Gil to get 1 million! its taking for ever!

1mm gil is easiest to earn when Cactaur Dunes are around. All you need to do is feed non-jumbo cactaurs to FP units and sell them for easy cash. The dunes should be back next weekend.

Kouriozan

Before anyone complain about their bad pulling luck, look at this video and cry : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtVZyn8ud98

Latest JP Brave Frontier banner banner with Vargas.
44 summons, only 4 gold crystals (Cyan at 8:00, Sabin at 11:00, Rusell at 15:00, Shadow at 16:35), 0 of the featured banner units.

Now you know true pain.
Watched the whole thing, everytime there was a gold crystal he was like "kitaaaaaa" and then he got a shit unit I died inside.
Damn, base 5* will be impossible to get.

Eidjinn

Half-price summon: Zidane! Haha!

So, now I need suggestions: have enough materials for one hp+15%, so, what to do?

1) Do Expedition until the end of the event and save Earth Megacrysts?

2) Do TM grind?

Also, which weapon is good for Cloud of Death? Aside Locke's TM, there are no good maces? Any unit that nobody speaks, but have a great weapon TM?

Last one: I'm using Nox to play jp Exvius, but today I can't enter Vortex. Anyone got any ideia why this happens?

Shouta

Before anyone complain about their bad pulling luck, look at this video and cry : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtVZyn8ud98

44 summons, only 4 gold crystals (Cyan at 8:00, Sabin at 11:00, Rusell at 15:00, Shadow at 16:35), 0 of the featured banner units.

Now you know true pain.
Watched the whole thing, everytime there was a gold crystal he was like "kitaaaaaa" and then he got a shit unit I died inside.

This banner is actually really bad because of how rare Seria and Karl were originally in addition to Vargas and Tilith. I gave up on it after awhile. Thankfully, they gave us Maxwell for free instead, lol.

Valentus

Now you know true pain.

This guy got tidus after 10 single summons.

Lyrian

does it matter which FP unit?

A baby cactaur will max a 1* unit.

Regular cactaurs will get a 2* to the low 20's. That's usually good enough for me and I sell them then.

shintoki said:
TM farming has put an additional 1 mil Gil in the bank

Yup. Grinding for magicites will also do that, from drowning in insane numbers of awakening/crafting mats.

Lyrian

Half-price summon: Zidane! Haha!

So, now I need suggestions: have enough materials for one hp+15%, so, what to do?

1) Do Expedition until the end of the event and save Earth Megacrysts?

2) Do TM grind?

Also, which weapon is good for Cloud of Death? Aside Locke's TM, there are no good maces? Any unit that nobody speaks, but have a great weapon TM?

Last one: I'm using Nox to play jp Exvius, but today I can't enter Vortex. Anyone got any ideia why this happens?

Not sure I can answer all of these, but I'll try.

1+2) Do what you want to do.

Do you need to level up units? The exploration is great unit xp atm. Would you want to ever craft more of the HP +15% materia? If so, maybe grind out some more pure stones for future use, as they will likely never be available again.

Would you rather level up your espers? Do PF, instead. TMs? Go grind Earth Shrine.

Completely up to you.

3) Not much I think right now. There's a trial mace (Thorned Mace) that works for CoD later on, but Gumi appears to be badly dragging their feet right now on bringing the trials over in a timely manner.

4) Is your timezone in Nox set to JST? That's likely the problem.

hitmon

Now you know true pain.

He got Cloud of Darkness within 3-4 pulls. I thought that was a good character? His pulls have been better than mine overall, but his character pool is larger. I've mostly been getting Fran, Clyne, Cyan, or Bediles. It sucks he didn't get any banner characters (I know the feeling), but it isn't like he got total trash with those pulls.

You'll get the Shadow of the Emperor.

I'm going to pull like 5 Lightnings and one Tidus.

CHILD YOU AINT PULLING NOTHIN BUT WAKKAS

Another way to make this fun, at least for me, is to want specific units. First it was Ex-Death (got lucky with Kefka) and then it was Kuja. Now its the Emperor of course but also Terra.

I guess that might be a blessing and a curse though.

Shouta

What is that?

Currency events have you farming a stage for drops of whatever that you can trade to the Moogle King for items. You can also sell these drops for gil if you want so what I did ahwile ago was get all the items I wanted from one event then sold the rest of my currency from it for gil. I now have 2.4 million and have been sitting there for awhile.

leehom

Hmm...don't know how, but I have 3 million on my SL. Barely a little over 1 million on my GL. What is everyone using gils for?

Aurizen

Currency events have you farming a stage for drops of whatever that you can trade to the Moogle King for items. You can also sell these drops for gil if you want so what I did ahwile ago was get all the items I wanted from one event then sold the rest of my currency from it for gil. I now have 2.4 million and have been sitting there for awhile.

Ah I see! when does the Moogle King event start? and what sort of stuff an you trade?

Kouriozan

Ah I see! when does the Moogle King event start? and what sort of stuff an you trade?
First Moogle King currency exchange event should be Tactics in September if we follow JP's schedule, but Gumi might decide to switch the release and put the FF4 one sooner, for example.

Aurizen

First Moogle King currency exchange event should be Tactics in September if we follow JP's schedule, but Gumi might decide to switch the release and put the FF4 one sooner, for example.

I see, I'm close to the goal of 1million just need another 500k but what sort of stuff does the moogle king want?

I guess I'm the only one who hasn't pulled.

You guys are weak!

giphy.gif

Eidjinn

Not sure I can answer all of these, but I'll try.

1+2) Do what you want to do.

Do you need to level up units? The exploration is great unit xp atm. Would you want to ever craft more of the HP +15% materia? If so, maybe grind out some more pure stones for future use, as they will likely never be available again.

Would you rather level up your espers? Do PF, instead. TMs? Go grind Earth Shrine.

Completely up to you.

3) Not much I think right now. There's a trial mace (Thorned Mace) that works for CoD later on, but Gumi appears to be badly dragging their feet right now on bringing the trials over in a timely manner.

4) Is your timezone in Nox set to JST? That's likely the problem.

It was the timezone! Thanks!

And thanks for the advices! I think I'll farm TM's... I guess it would bring better developments for my team than Hero Rings!

Nowak94

Neo Member
Hey guys I'm rank 14 and wanted to see if I could get a few pointers on what to focus on.

I know I can probably Google around for a lot of the answers but it is often a daunting thing when you are new to a game.

Is there a certain way that I should be leveling up my only Esper Siren?

What should I use my 200 energy for today?

Are there any farms I should be made aware of?

What's something I should know as a relatively new player?

Thanks.

Lyrian

I'm not pulling until possibly the next banner after seeing the math involved.

Ditto.

I might take one or two more YOLO pulls on this banner for Zidane. But, not until I see the improbable wall I am going to face on the Garnet banner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom