• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikemandey

For those who bought lapis, how much money you actually spent on this game?

I'm a sucker. Already spent around $200 since beta. Haha..

I think I'm not gonna spend more for a few months until there are more 6* units and contents available

For those who bought lapis, how much money you actually spent on this game?

I'm a sucker. Already spent around $200 since beta. Haha..

I think I'm not gonna spend more for a few months until there are more 6* units and contents available

giphy.gif

Lyrian

Hey guys I'm rank 14 and wanted to see if I could get a few pointers on what to focus on.

I know I can probably Google around for a lot of the answers but it is often a daunting thing when you are new to a game.

Is there a certain way that I should be leveling up my only Esper Siren?

What should I use my 200 energy for today?

Are there any farms I should be made aware of?

What's something I should know as a relatively new player?

Thanks.

@thread Am I the only one manning the Information Desk today?

Welcome to the asylum in this thread, Nowak!

In order of being asked....

1) Espers require Magicites to level up. These are found on nodes in various explorations. Different explorations feature different colored magicites. Generally speaking, the best all around dungeon for farming magicites is Phantom Forest, the first exploration on the second island. Although this exploration does not drop colored magicites aligned to a specific esper, this exploration tends to drop far more magicites than any other exploration to date.

2) Given that you are Rank 14, I am going to reasonably assume that you have not at least cleared the 2nd island completely in story mode. This should be a priority, as unlocking the various cities in story mode will unlock various gear upgrades.

Another possibility is using the Vortex of Experience to level up your units. If you find a strong mage friend (Kefka/Exdeath/Tellah) with 200+ MAG[use Firaga, Blizzaga, or Thundaga], or a Chizuru with 250+ ATK [Barrage], that friend unit can clear the advanced dungeon by themselves, awarding 30000 XP to be split over your units.

3) Check out this Beginner's Guide. That should help you out a lot.

Valus

I haven't pulled on this banner either. As much as I would love Zidane to give DW to my Firion, I'm going to wait for a better rate up event that doesn't include Lani.

I'm sitting on 18-19 tickets and like 9k lapis. I haven't spent anything on this game - I got sucked into the gacha vortex back when I played FFRK and got burned hard during the FFT banner. Never again! I'm skipping this event even though 15% HP sounds good...I think I'll get by with 10% HP buffs.

I've cleared all content to date so I don't feel any pressure to pull for Lightning, though I will spend a couple tickets chasing the dual cast TM should that character appear.

On Friday I started TM grinding, I think that's all I'm going to do until new content arrives. I figure I might as well try and get the TM's available to me now before pulling more characters.I have 8 hero rings and Ifrit maxed out. I don't have a tank or any top tier mages (Celes is my only magic DPS with Blizzaga) so I don't really care to upgrade Golem, Ramuh, or Shiva. Hoping that the next summon will be physical based.

I'm most likely going to blow my load (you guessed it) chasing Ramza, and then Orlandu. I love FFT characters way too much. Hopefully my current team will be enough to handle the power creep until those characters come out.

Overall I'm enjoying the FFBE experience - as long as I'm able to clear all content without spending cash I think I'll keep playing. I tried Mobius and I wasn't sold on the battle system. Not to mention it's a battery guzzler. I'm really bummed about FFXV getting delayed to November...I'm so bored with gaming right now. Recently moved in with my gf so my gaming time is limited...haven't figured out what to play so I was satisfied with just FFBE until FFXV, but now that it got pushed back...ugh. Anyone have any suggestions? I want to play a RPG that is a solid story driven experience.

I

I've cleared all content to date so I don't feel any pressure to pull for Lightning, though I will spend a couple tickets chasing the dual cast TM should that character appear.

On Friday I started TM grinding, I think that's all I'm going to do until new content arrives. I figure I might as well try and get the TM's available to me now before pulling more characters.I have 8 hero rings and Ifrit maxed out. I don't have a tank or any top tier mages (Celes is my only magic DPS with Blizzaga) so I don't really care to upgrade Golem, Ramuh, or Shiva. Hoping that the next summon will be physical based.

My condolences.

Are you using vox to farm?

Malakhov

Banned
Farming holy and sacred crystals is a pain in the ass.
I need 28 holy crystals, I still need to farm 12 and I also need 55 sacred crystals and I still need to farm 33, 33 fucking sacred crystals, with maybe one or two drops if I'm lucky per 3 vortex runs...

It's all good, I still have a solid team. :)

Yes, using Nox. I wouldn't be able to do it manually, don't have the patience or time to babysit my phone like that.

I keep meaning to set up Andy since I have a mac but the idea of having to time everything in seconds in the macro is daunting <,<

Malakhov

Banned
Once I'm done farming stupid crystals and finished lvling my chars you guys need to tell me all about vox macroing.

Any guide out there?

Valus

I keep meaning to set up Andy since I have a mac but the idea of having to time everything in seconds in the macro is daunting <,<

Can't speak for Andy but Nox was really easy to set up, and I'm not a tech-guy at all.

Once I'm done farming stupid crystals and finished lvling my chars you guys need to tell me all about vox macroing.

Any guide out there?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTL1NqQWE0Y

Only thing this guide does not mention is that the dailies reset at midnight PST. So if you're running it overnight you need to add some clicks to bypass the "completed 3 story missions" daily reward system otherwise your macro won't work. If you're just doing it during the day then you don't need to worry about it.

scarlet

My concern of running macro is that I'm running out material slots every time.

I have to sell my stuff before I'm going to earth shrine.

I added slot but it keeps getting full very fast.

#HoarderProblem

Just defeated the Frost Dragon!! :D wasn't even planning to fully take him out until Garland and Warrior of Light were maxed, but thought I'd give it a go.

My team was: Warrior of Light, Kefka, Garland, Cloud of Darkness and Terra.
Congrats! Now sit impatiently waiting for a new strong boss to come with the rest of us ;p
IMG_0090_zpsiizjddym.jpg

Almost there!!!

I wouldn't even waste time on Siren, you're just going to kick her out when Diablos hits soon anyway. Hoard those magicites for the dark prince!

Aurizen

Enough to level Espers, as well as break a man's soul.

seems like it will be a super grind fest.... I'm trying to get gil and friend points to get trophies.... and Level my new units. So much to do so little energy :(

Best place in game for magicite and you even get sacred crystals and holy crystals from the boss every so often AND Ice Megacrysts as the bonus reward sometimes as well.

I'm gonna have to pay the phantom forest a visit once I get everything situated with my trophies and party.

whats in there? enough magicite to level espers?

The phantom forest is THE place to farm for Magicite and Megacite. It gives out: Magicite, Magicite Shards, Green Magicite, and Green Megacite.

Whilst none of these tie specifically to the Espers in an elemental sense, you can acquire so much that it doesn't matter.

After a full day of farming you will net around 129 shards, 50-70 Magicite, 60 Green, 45-59 Mega etc.

Takes forever :)

Yeah I just hit rank 35 a little while ago so my NRG is finally high enough to do three 15NRG voids or special event runs in a row when full which is nice.

As for Espers, just about have Ifrit at the first lvl 28 so almost done getting them to 2* (not bothering with Siren). Then I decide if I want to hoard for Diablos or start lvling them at 2*.

Aurizen

The phantom forest is THE place to farm for Magicite and Megacite. It gives out: Magicite, Magicite Shards, Green Magicite, and Green Megacite.

Whilst none of these tie specifically to the Espers in an elemental sense, you can acquire so much that it doesn't matter.

After a full day of farming you will net around 129 shards, 50-70 Magicite, 60 Green, 45-59 Mega etc.

Takes forever :)

I see! where's the best place to level rank?

Ah so repeats of rank 2 espers are the only way?
Yeah that or the Demon Chimera boss from the Farplane but the 2* are probably easier to kill depending on your setup.
Oddly enough, I did gain around 6 levels of rank farming Cite...I mean over like a week and a half but still.

Yeah it's been nice for me because before farming this I namely just did void runs to level units or get awakening items for them and you get shit for rank xp from that. It's still not a ton but a hell of a lot better than what you get in Void! All the more so because I can do far more 8NRG runs that 15, obviously. When I get to the point that I'm done farming magicite, will probably farm rank xp outside of new story content, events, and leveling and awakening my future Orlando/Tidus/Lightning ;p

Heng

Hey guys I'm rank 14 and wanted to see if I could get a few pointers on what to focus on.

I know I can probably Google around for a lot of the answers but it is often a daunting thing when you are new to a game.

Is there a certain way that I should be leveling up my only Esper Siren?

What should I use my 200 energy for today?

Are there any farms I should be made aware of?

What's something I should know as a relatively new player?

Thanks.
I wouldn't bother with Siren tbh. Her stats are for healers/mages but you'll get other Espers that are better than her in every other way. Just work on the story and you'll get more.

I would use the stamina in advancing the story to get Ifrit/Shiva/Golem (Ramuh is on the third island). Another option is to run Phantom Forest/Advance Vortex to level your espers/units respectively.

For the farm places:
-Sacred Crystal: Intermediate Awakening Vortex
-Holy Crystal: Advance Awakening Vortex
Do not worry about farming beast meat, pearl of wisdom, allure powder, or esper crystal. These can be bought in the Royal captial of grandshelt.

Later when you get further in the game, you'll eventually get the recipe for Hero Rings which gives you +10% ATK/MAG +6 SPR/DEF. You get the recipe by completing 30 trophies.
-Ice Megacryst: Wolfsfang peak/Kolobos Marsh
-Fire Megacryst: Zadehl Westersand/Golzas Canyon
-Silver Ores: found with Fire/Ice Megacryst

https://exviuswiki.com/Espers
The only Espers that you don't have to look for is Siren. This link will show you where to get each of the Espers.

https://exviuswiki.com/Colosseum
Run Colosseum as much as you can, the rewards there are very nice. They can give you lapis, weapons, armors, and accessories.

Once you get stronger units, head into the Farplane Vortex and head towards the Northeast and fight the white dragon. He's not easy but he also doesn't take any stamina to attempt.

Malakhov

Banned
Can't speak for Andy but Nox was really easy to set up, and I'm not a tech-guy at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTL1NqQWE0Y

Only thing this guide does not mention is that the dailies reset at midnight PST. So if you're running it overnight you need to add some clicks to bypass the "completed 3 story missions" daily reward system otherwise your macro won't work. If you're just doing it during the day then you don't need to worry about it.

Thanks guys. Watched it real quick since I'm at work but can you do it whatever your rank is or you need a certain amount of stamina first?

Azuran

Banned
Thanks guys. Watched it real quick since I'm at work but can you do it whatever your rank is or you need a certain amount of stamina first?

You can do it whatever you want but the higher the stamina the better since it will run more times. Or you can set the macro so each run takes around 4 minutes so you don't end up worrying about that.

Maledict

I thought the next trials boss gave a bow as a reward - seems like it drops a sword that gives massive attack plus some magic stat. Any idea what it is or how hard? Arrives on Thursday anyways.

Heng

Woo new sword! Garland will have a new toy! I don't see this announcement after switching device, maybe they removed it or my device bugged out?

And on my half price pull...
Yeah! I knew not combining my Lockes was a great idea, Bart's will have DW until CoD gets her 6* form. :)

chrono01

Dinardo on Aug 25!

The story continues! Just in time for me as I've just completed the story today. :D
New content!

...I need to hurry up and finish my first Hero's Ring...

Woo new sword! Garland will have a new toy! I don't see this announcement after switching device, maybe they removed it or my device bugged out?

And on my half price pull...

Yeah! I knew not combining my Lockes was a great idea, Bart's will have DW until CoD gets her 6* form. :)
I'm so jealous.

Congrats!

KeRaSh

Haha, I'm such an idiot. I thought those ruins on the second island were the end for now. Just saw on my map that I could got back to the port and reach the third island... Ah well...

Falk

that puzzling face
Haha, I'm such an idiot. I thought those ruins on the second island were the end for now. Just saw on my map that I could got back to the port and reach the third island... Ah well...

At least you got more story than other people in front of you :v

Malakhov

Banned
Can i get some help on my second account? I need some high lvl friends to make it easier on me in the experience vortex.

Much appreciated! :)

Seems like everyone TM farming has at least 2 Zidanes (me included). Just started up Nox for the first time and got my auto script setup.

Uni is starting up again so I'm going to get back in the books and hit the gym on my spare time. Hopefully we get a hard trial coming!

Heng

I'm so jealous.

Congrats!
Thanks! I've benched my other Shanotto (at 55%) for him, although I'm still not entirely sure that was a good idea.

The other possible ones are:
Terra: 16% and Bartz: 11%.

Bartz is pretty close to level 3 LB and it'll be a while before I get my DW. I really want to keep him in my party to level his LB but it doesn't seem like it's worth it... Should I just awaken him instead of leveling his LB (and ultimately replace him on my TM team)?

chrono01

A "Vote for your favorite unit" event has started on Facebook. Five groups, and the ones with the highest votes per group, will be featured in an upcoming banner with "increased" rates.

Edit:

Group A:

Cerius
Gilbert
Roselia
Lenna

Group B:

Duane
Firion
Garland
Warrior of Light

Group C:

Chizuru
Miyuki
Vaan
Xiao

Group D:

Artemios
Cloud of Darkness
Luna
Medius

Group E:

Kefka
Krile
Shantotto
Tellah

So, I'm guessing if the votes go as I suspect...

Possible Final Banner:

Lenna
Warrior of Light
Chizuru
Cloud of Darkness
Kefka

Not a bad banner if it happens, but I would own all of these aside from Warrior of Light, who's a base 4* unit. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom