• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

Ahh, I misunderstood. That's even better!
Yeah, there's a great character in each group (sometimes more than one, such as Cloud of Darkness and Vaan), so if the votes go accordingly, the banner will be stacked with great characters.

...Assuming these really do get improved rates up.

Malakhov

Banned
Would be great, would have a better chance to land CoD, Chizuru or Kefka but I already have Lenna and the WoL.

If they do a 11 summon on that banner, it would be killer.

bonkeng

It doesn't work like that. One character per group wins, so A,B,C,D and E all have a character slot for the banner.

If it ends up like I predict above and the rates are good, it'll be a killer banner.

Nooooo. Why must Garland be in the same group with WoL.

I want Garland!

Dragner

The obvious banner is Lenna,Wol,Chizuru,Kefka,CoD. And that banner is a pass for me, have everything but WoL. I would go deep if Garland and Vaan win...but thats not going to happen.

scarlet

The obvious banner is Lenna,Wol,Chizuru,Kefka,CoD. And that banner is a pass for me, have everything but WoL. I would go deep if Garland and Vaan win...but thats not going to happen.

CoD would be great addition for me, just no more Lenna. I have 4!

I thought the next trials boss gave a bow as a reward - seems like it drops a sword that gives massive attack plus some magic stat. Any idea what it is or how hard? Arrives on Thursday anyways.

I didn't see any trial notification :\

wilstreak

similar situation. Already have all of them except CoD.

strange that they doon't include Exdeath, the only mage unit that I want.

Slaythe

So I got one zidane and 3 shanttoto so far out of the event.

I guess it's not that bad heh.

That's a lot of TM that can go to my Kuja... from Shant.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch

Well, those are winning. I don;t have Chizzy or CoD. But I have the other three. I really don't need another Kekfa either, but another one wouldn't hurt so I can farm my Bow faster.

It would be a pass for me too. I would love a WoL, but everyone else I already got and my Leo does a fine job tanking by himself.

Maledict

I just need a replacement for Rain. Without his 6 star form he's utterly freaking useless - and yet the only other damage characters i have are katana only wielders who would compete with chiruzu for gear.

Valonquar

UKQQI5V.jpg

Fitting error in daily energy mail for a Monday morning... anyone else get this?

Maledict

I'm just saving mine up - I presume we can do that? No idea what for though, I don't even have any characters to level for Cactus's this weekend.

Dragner

It would be a pass for me too. I would love a WoL, but everyone else I already got and my Leo does a fine job tanking by himself.

Yeah I have a Cecil for tanking purposes so no rush for WoL. I pulled only 3 times on his banner to get a Lenna. Full Break is the only thing I want from him and Vaan is better at that because Focus.

First good daily pull in awhile

Got a 3tar Krile

Shes new for me and has some utility with dual cast plus she getsba 5 starvupgrad at some pint right?

Could be useful

bonkeng

It's a pass for me too since I have all 5.

I'm only interested in Garland, and maybe Firion.

Here's hoping the runner ups will have there chances as well.

Xion86

Finally finished the current story and looking forward to the new content! Got WoL nearly to 80 now, might make use of the Cactuar event to level up Tellah and see how he is compared to Leena.

KeRaSh

So my team currently looks like this:

Cecil (Lv 67/80 thank god Cactuar Dunes are coming back!)
Ex-Death (Lv 44/80 thank god Cactuar Dunes are coming back!)
Shantotto Max (will replace with Max Krile once Ex-Death is max level)
Luna Max
Sabin Max

Those are the best of their respective roles that I currently own according to the wiki's unit ranking. I have Terra (3* pull) but Krile is ranked higher so I guess I'm good on the healer front I guess. Cecil is supposed to be OP so I'm glad I got the tank role covered. Ex-Death is a beast at higher levels. I was pretty happy when I pulled him. Got Golbez but Ex-Death seems to be the better choice. Other than that I'm currently relying on Luna and Sabin as my physical DDs. I wish I had a CoD and Chizuru in that department but I like Luna's look so it would be sad to let her go. She was my first 4* pull, too!

I have not put any thought into crafting and am far from any trust rewards (highest is Luna with 13.X%).
What should I look into to maximize my potential? I get my ass whooped pretty easily by event bosses like the siren-type boss from the current event. I'm guessing my 4* units are not the only thing holding me back... What am I missing?

scarlet

Finally finished the current story and looking forward to the new content! Got WoL nearly to 80 now, might make use of the Cactuar event to level up Tellah and see how he is compared to Leena.

That's not even a question....

5* Amarant today. I'll take it, but was hoping for Zidane

Congrats! 1st Amarant on GAF?

So my team currently looks like this:

Cecil (Lv 67/80 thank god Cactuar Dunes are coming back!)
Ex-Death (Lv 44/80 thank god Cactuar Dunes are coming back!)
Shantotto Max (will replace with Max Krile once Ex-Death is max level)
Luna Max
Sabin Max

Laswell and probably Rain are better than Luna and Sabin

Coppanuva

how many Hero's ring do you guys have?

is it the best accesories that every unit should have, so 10 at least?

I have 1 made, another being crafted. It's definitely not for every unit though. It'll boost 10% of BASE attack, so your unit needs at least 110 attack to get a benefit from it vs a Hyper Wrist (which is a flat 10atk and much easier to get mats for). Mages could use it though, since it'll boost magic 10% and there's no other accessories that boost it more right now.

My 2 rings are going on my only mage, Exdeath. My healer won't benefit much, and Bartz/Leo get hyper wrists for the 10atk. WoL just stacks Defense for my team.

wilstreak

I have 1 made, another being crafted. It's definitely not for every unit though. It'll boost 10% of BASE attack, so your unit needs at least 110 attack to get a benefit from it vs a Hyper Wrist (which is a flat 10atk and much easier to get mats for). Mages could use it though, since it'll boost magic 10% and there's no other accessories that boost it more right now.

My 2 rings are going on my only mage, Exdeath. My healer won't benefit much, and Bartz/Leo get hyper wrists for the 10atk. WoL just stacks Defense for my team.

so, a tank like WoL or Leo doesn't need one, right?

what is the best accesory for them?

how many Hero's ring do you guys have?

is it the best accesories that every unit should have, so 10 at least?

At the moment...8.

Should change soon >.>

so, a tank like WoL or Leo doesn't need one, right?

what is the best accesory for them?

Depends, technically, on your tank.

At the moment I have an Angel ring (def +3 spr +3 +auto regen) and a muscle belt on Cecil. Cecil is more defense/healing orientated than WoL so you might want to adjust for his attack parameters.

Kouriozan

My tank is ready, shame you don't need one yet.

4Tf0KmVl.jpg

I wanted to reach 5k HP, only a few points away anyway. Maybe when I get my 3rd HP+15% ability.

Celegus

To those using NOX, is there a way to improve performance?

My graphics card just died and now the game is really laggy, haha!
Not sure if there's much other than the obvious answer of buying a new video card. Shouldn't need anything super fancy for something like this, though I guess it depends what else you'd want it for.

bonkeng

To those using NOX, is there a way to improve performance?

My graphics card just died and now the game is really laggy, haha!

Lower resolution, turn off effects.

I'm not too sure if that helps with dead gpu.

But it did improve my laptop's performance when I was rerolling 7 intances on Nox.

I feel silly, but I finally got Rydia. Been wanting her since inception, being my favorite FF character and all. Now to wait for her 5* boost...~

I hate that I probably won't be using her until then :(

Eidjinn

Not sure if there's much other than the obvious answer of buying a new video card. Shouldn't need anything super fancy for something like this, though I guess it depends what else you'd want it for.

Depends on the computer; I am using Andy for Mac and the performance is shite!

Lower resolution, turn off effects.

I'm not too sure if that helps with dead gpu.

But it did improve my laptop's performance when I was rerolling 7 intances on Nox.

Thanks for the answers! The resolution helped quite a bit!

Lyrian

Holy mother of moogles.

I'm almost crying in tears over that Facebook banner poll. This is the trappiest trap that ever was trapped in this game of traps.

And the best part of it all, is that Gumi can just point at the playerbase and say, "well you voted for the rarest of the rare cards, so don't come complaining when the rates are atrocious."

Looking at the groups, each group is clearly designed to have a specific pre-determined winner. And already, each of the pre-determined winners already have runaway leads in each group.

Now for the absolutely delicious kicker: Can anyone point out anywhere in the announcement where it specifically says that these five units will be the only units in this special banner? Good luck :) Reddit is completely missing this tiny little detail completely at the moment.

If Gumi is generous, the banner remains at 5 units (2 4* + 3 3*), the draw rates on the 4*s are predicted to be ~1.3% because 2 4* bases exist at the same time.

However, if Gumi throws in a single 4* max troll unit (like Lani) into the mix and creates a 6 unit banner (with 5 rare units, 2 of which are 4* base, competing for a 5% total draw pool), then the rates fall to Lightning tier levels. Won't the dumpster fires be glorious then?

The rumor is those units will get 24 hour rate ups, but if they end up being a single banner I'd be shocked if they threw in random characters that didn't get voted for. That would just be too blatantly shitty. The 4* base units will be rare enough with the 3 3*s in the mix. Luckily those 3* units are great.

Dragner

The chance of pulling a Banner unit will be 30% the same as every banner, the chance will be distributed accordingly to their base pull rate. People still dont understand that having 2 or 4 base 4* units doesnt mean anything. The chance of pulling a featured unit will still be 30%, so in fact, having more 4* units will be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom