• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurizen

New units coming wonder what they'll be.. Hope someone good... Maybe Lightning haha. I have enought to do over 20 pulls to get her and a ton of other great units lol.

At this point im just pulling for fun and only reallybcare to get FF6 units and FFT units hopefully

Otherwise ill just be happy with the pulls I get and i already have several great units to carry me for the time being

bonkeng

The chance of pulling a Banner unit will be 30% the same as every banner, the chance will be distributed accordingly to their base pull rate. People still dont understand that having 2 or 4 base 4* units doesnt mean anything. The chance of pulling a featured unit will still be 30%, so in fact, having more 4* units will be good.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there was an explanation on banner pull rate recently.

30% banner pull rate is correct. But the rate are not evenly distributed to all units when base 4* units are included.

According to the Data on Chizuru and WoL banner, both Chizuru and WoL has a pull rate of 2.7%. Tellah, Lenna Golbez and Kefka is rated at 13.6%.

If this banner includes both Chizuru and WoL, their rate would be much lower, since they are both competing for the 2.7%.

So Chizuru and WoL will each get 1.35% pull rate compared to 2.7% if only one of them is in the banner.

The remaining 27.3% will be evenly distribute to the remaining 3*.

Since Chizuru and WoL will most likely win their group, 3* (Lenna, Kefka, CoD) pull rate would be around 9%.

Of course this would all get messed up if Shadow shows up in the banner too.

New units coming wonder what they'll be.. Hope someone good... Maybe Lightning haha. I have enought to do over 20 pulls to get her and a ton of other great units lol.

giphy.gif

Dragner

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there was an explanation on banner pull rate recently.

30% banner pull rate is correct. But the rate are not evenly distributed to all units when base 4* units are included.

According to the Data on Chizuru and WoL banner, both Chizuru and WoL has a pull rate of 2.7%. Tellah, Lenna Golbez and Kefka is rated at 13.6%.

If this banner includes both Chizuru and WoL, their rate would be much lower, since they are both competing for the 2.7%.

So Chizuru and WoL will each get 1.35% pull rate compared to 2.7% if only one of them is in the banner.

The remaining 27.3% will be evenly distribute to the remaining 3*.

Since Chizuru and WoL will most likely win their group, 3* (Lenna, Kefka, CoD) pull rate would be around 9%.

Of course this would all get messed up if Shadow shows up in the banner too.

We dont have a precedent of 2 4* units on the same banner, and regular units on the banner can alter the chance of 4* being the desirable unit so there is no real evidence of 2 4* units diluting each other more than a 3* dilutes a 4*. That said, Japan has proven than multiple 4* can have their own rates additive to a banner. But Japan is Japan and this is global so yeah, I was venturous to say that probably. Just take on account that multiple 4* dont alter the chance of pulling one specific more than a 3*. So there shouldnt be any concern on that matter.

bonkeng

We dont have a precedent of 2 4* units on the same banner, and regular units on the banner can alter the chance of 4* being the desirable unit so there is no real evidence of 2 4* units diluting each other more than a 3* dilutes a 4*. That said, Japan has proven than multiple 4* can have their own rates additive to a banner. But Japan is Japan and this is global so yeah, I was venturous to say that probably. Just take on account that multiple 4* dont alter the chance of pulling one specific more than a 3*. So there shouldnt be any concern on that matter.

I hope you're right though.

This banner would be great if these 5 are the only featured units.

leehom

Watching kung pao and some jpn chick pull on YouTube. The rates are super duper low, less than one percent. I watched kung pao pull over one hundred times and the nest pulls he got was a Cecil and another I forgot. Not even sure if kung pao ever got his Chizuru.

Valentus

FAVORITE UNITS SUMMON!!!

WEEK ONE!!!

MASSIVE RATES FOR BARTZ - BEDILE - FRAN - RYDIA

WEEK TWO!!!

OUTSTANDING RATES FOR GARLAND - VIVI - PENELO - KAIN

WEEK THREE!!!

CENSURABLE RATES FOR VAAN - EDGAR - SABIN - ALZELM

FINAL WEEK!!!

MONSTROUS RATES FOR CECIL - SHANTOTTO - LANI - GALUF

GET 1 FREE SHADOW EVERY 5 SUMMONS!!!!

Well I'll be bloody honest I'd take as many shantottos as they can give me.

Joined the macro TM game today; CCIEs expert Mac instruction helped even a complete techno-illiterate like me!

Also, I have a question on the point of using multiple identical characters while trust farming. What exactly does this do?

CCIE

Banned
Sitting in an auditorium while my laptop runs TMR in my hotel room upstairs. I actually remotely logged in to verify ;)

Glad to see you got it running, Chilly

Valentus

Well I'll be bloody honest I'd take as many shantottos as they can give me.

Joined the macro TM game today; CCIEs expert Mac instruction helped even a complete techno-illiterate like me!

Also, I have a question on the point of using multiple identical characters while trust farming. What exactly does this do?

if you only want 1 copy of TM, you can have 5 copies of the same char grinding TM, you have more chances of at least 1 of those 5 characters get the 0,1% TM bonus. when the sum of the 5 TM is 80%, you fuse the 5 of them. (remember that fusing 2 same characters gives you a 5% trust mastery bonus, so fusing 5 of them gives you 20% free trust mastery, so grinding 5 copies of the same character, you only have to grind to 80%, because of the free 20% you get at the moment of fusing them.)

If you have 4 copies, you have to grind to 85%

If you have 3 copies, to 90%

And if you have 2 copies, to 95%.

If you have 1 copy well... fuck you :D

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I've been following reddit a bit more since last week. Feels like they are ready to take to the streets over rates.

They should let them link reddit accounts. Rate up for Lani if they do.

Ah I see yes, math hurts indeed. Thank you both!!

AND FUCK FARMING DOUBLEHANDED WITH ONE BARTZ LULZ

Also, CCIE, is there a way to disable sound being generated by Andy?

H3xum

Maybe I am just paranoid, but....

I do Awakening mats grinds whenever I don't feel like leveling and I would get 1 Sacred Crystal at least 95% of the time and maybe a Holy Crystal once every 4-5 runs, some times it was zero but then other times I would get 2-3 a run. I have done 7 runs today and have gotten 2 Sacred Crystals total. And they were in the same run.

Now, seems fishy considering just today they put a paid chest (6.99) that includes 5 Sacred Crystals...

Again, maybe I am just paranoid...but...

leehom

I do Awakening mats grinds whenever I don't feel like leveling and I would get 1 Sacred Crystal at least 95% of the time and maybe a Holy Crystal once every 4-5 runs, some times it was zero but then other times I would get 2-3 a run. I have done 7 runs today and have gotten 2 Sacred Crystals total. And they were in the same run.
A little lower than average, but not totally unexpected. That happened to me often when I was farming SC and HC a month ago.

H3xum, you're paranoid. I've found 3x sacreds multiple times in the last two days and have averaged over 1 sacred per run.

That shop item has been up before. It's just RNG messing with your head.

Maybe I am just paranoid, but....

Now, seems fishy considering just today they put a paid chest (6.99) that includes 5 Sacred Crystals...

Again, maybe I am just paranoid...but...

Whatever algorithms the system uses to calculate R G for drops is of course unknown but as a serial farmer in this game, you will notice peaks and valleys constantly when it comes to exploration or vortex drops.

Kouriozan

Since you can use friends in the next trial, I'll keep WoL as my friend unit and put Cura on him so he'll have slightly lower HP.
Well, I hope it'll still release this Thursday, even if they removed the news about it.

CCIE

Banned
Chilly - just go into the options for the game and turn it off if it bothers you. I do that when in meetings and farming TMR ;)

Kouriozan

Oh lord I'm not sure lol I stick SPR boosting crap on him anyway, in all honesty though, 5* WoL kicks Cecil's ass, specifically with Full Break....6* is another situation...
Personally I slightly prefer Cecil at 6*, Curaja/Saint Wall/Focus is amazing, and his lovely limit.
WoL on the other end has to use a skill to protect his allies (Brave presence/The Light is with us)

eggydoo

Hello everyone

Just discovered this game and enjoying it so far.

Possible to get some friend requests so I can borrow your OP characters? :p

Xion86

Urgh I don't know if I can continue to bother leave my laptop on all night, every night just to get a stupidly low TM percentage increase haha.

I'm currently finishing off the explorations I had left and the quests, ready for the new story elements. Got my new team maxed up to 80 as well. I also still need to farm Hero's Rings materials...should start doing that, wish I didn't have to do exploration though...as its kinda hard when you're at work :D.

Dragner

Urgh I don't know if I can continue to bother leave my laptop on all night, every night just to get a stupidly low TM percentage increase haha.

I'm currently finishing off the explorations I had left and the quests, ready for the new story elements. Got my new team maxed up to 80 as well. I also still need to farm Hero's Rings materials...should start doing that, wish I didn't have to do exploration though...as its kinda hard when you're at work :D.

Im calculating a month to level a unit from 0 to 100% dedicating basically all your energy except for dailies. Its a ton of work. But some TMs will make your life better if you dont pull OP units.

leehom

Woot, kungpao got wol after 30 pulls. Failed to get Chizuru after 77. So out of 107 pulls he got the featured banner character once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom