• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im calculating a month to level a unit from 0 to 100% dedicating basically all your energy except for dailies. Its a ton of work. But some TMs will make your life better if you dont pull OP units.

Yeah I finally got the rhythm down using ANDY but...is this fun? lol Like, it really isn't at all lol

chrono01

I'm farming TM the old-fashioned way, by getting blisters on my fingers. So much fun.

I got one Hero Ring being crafted now, so that's nice (my first). I'm not sure whether I should start grinding for the Megacrysts for the second, or run Phantom Forest to level up my Esper. All of them are still 1*...

Man, so much to want to do in the game right now. Grinding materials for Hero Rings, leveling Esper, running the event Vortex, or (next week) doing the new story content. Then there's the Cactuar Dunes coming up in the next few days, and I'd like to put some XP into Garland even though I probably won't swap him in with my current team...

I envy those who started this game during soft launch. It all feels so overwhelming right now.

chrono01

Isn't the Charm Bangle supposed to lessen the encounter of random enemies? I have it equipped on Lenna and I still get into battle every few steps. :/

chrono01

yeah I believe it decreases when your party has abilities in their ability slot.
Sorry if I seem like an idiot, but abilities in the ability slot?

I have Lenna equipped with a few abilities, as well as a few other members, and random battles still seem frequent. I assume the leader doesn't need to be the one equipped with the Charm Bangle?

Edit: Never mind, I see it listed under "Special" for Lenna. Wow, if this is encounter rates halved, I'd hate to see it when it's at 100%.

Lyrian

I'll not have your rational observations contradict my histrionic and dramatic conclusions thank you very much.

Btw where the fuck are Lyrian and CCIE lol

Working on campus today, where GAF is apparently not allowed anymore (And my work schedule just got increased for the next semester today). Meh. I am occasionally lurking on mobile, but "typing" on mobile sucks.

Expect more frequent periods of blackouts from my rambling in the future (is that such a bad thing?).

Besides, who around here doesn't like your histrionic and dramatic proclamations anyways?

Lyrian

Isn't the Charm Bangle supposed to lessen the encounter of random enemies? I have it equipped on Lenna and I still get into battle every few steps. :/

It does, but it's not a huge amount. 25% less chance per step or something like that. Still RNG is RNG, and as Chilly said earlier, its quite streaky in both extremes at times.

Lyrian

On the voter's choice summon banner, what ultimately is going to matter is how the banner(s) are delivered.

Best possibility: Each one has its own 1-day banner.
Ok possibility: Split into two banners, each led by a 4* base.
Meh possibility: All five are featured on the same banner.
Scam possibility: All five are featured on the same banner as rares, with 1 common troll 4* unit.

Your guess is as good as mine, here. But, over time, I've learned to be rather pessimistic towards the possible outcomes as they almost always end up that way. Love to be proven wrong on this one though.

H3xum

Does JP have any other use for star quartz besides fat chocobo? The auto protect ring seems pretty meh for how hard it is to scrounge up 30

Maledict

Is there really a number of encounter limit on explorations?

I feel like there is.

There is. The wiki has the details usually, but basically there's a set number of monsters that can spawn and once you exhaust that list nothing else will spawn. For example, in Wolfsfang peak you will 4 of the giant stone statues - no more, no less. They might spawn very early on, or run the last four groups, but you will always encounter 4 giant stone statues if you stay long enough in the zone.

Working on campus today, where GAF is apparently not allowed anymore (And my work schedule just got increased for the next semester today). Meh. I am occasionally lurking on mobile, but "typing" on mobile sucks.

Expect more frequent periods of blackouts from my rambling in the future (is that such a bad thing?).

Besides, who around here doesn't like your histrionic and dramatic proclamations anyways?

Well I can't be helped if your particular institution of learning deems neogaf an unworthy addition to the curriculum! This thread isn't the same without you!

Lyrian

Well I can't be helped if your particular institution of learning deems neogaf an unworthy addition to the curriculum! This thread isn't the same without you!

Heaven forbid, someone from Campus IT went and checked Off-Topic and probably was triggered by some random trolling thread.

"The views and opinions expressed on NeoGAF do not reflect the values exhibited at this institution. We can't have this institution linked to search queries from an unvetted message board."

As the dual Squalls in this thread would say,

WHATEVER.

Someone needs to give the administration a demonstration of the green lines.

Thanks for the cheering up though, Chilly!

Folstern

On the voter's choice summon banner, what ultimately is going to matter is how the banner(s) are delivered.

Best possibility: Each one has its own 1-day banner.
Ok possibility: Split into two banners, each led by a 4* base.
Meh possibility: All five are featured on the same banner.
Scam possibility: All five are featured on the same banner as rares, with 1 common troll 4* unit.
I'm leaning towards each being in a banner similar to the Zidane one. 1 unit people want with a 1% pull rate squished between garbage.

Lyrian

Glad to see new content coming out. Another new esper for Rydia to play with :)

Wierdness from Reddit of the Day:

-- Some claim that they saw a news posting in-game (that has been retracted and erased, but the Internet always remembers) claiming that next trial will be out with the new content.... however the news post was not for Brachiosaurus (Farplane-3, Killer Bow), but for Intangir (Trial 1, Enhance Sword). Meh, if true for my Artemios (nice sword, though).

-- Someone found on the internet an actual interview with the devs about the state of Global. Devs noted that the first event did not go well and adjusted this one in response (the fixed bosses, for example). Devs also noted that they were free to reorganize the release schedule as they see fit for Global, including the possibility of creating Global unique collabs and units. Of moderately specific note, the FF4 event **may** be re-organized and moved before the FF13 release event (making Cecil the first Global 6* and not Lightning -- and it was known through the patch error that the coding is already on the clients for the FF4 unit upgrades that had to be rolled back), although the devs noted they had not reached a final decision on the matter as of yet.

FF IX lackluster event followed by FFIV? zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Well, the longer it takes for a banner I care about to hit the more lapis I'll be able to save up and considering I don't even have 5k for the 11 pull yet, no rush. As long as they keep story content coming and I have a couple other things to distract me like Esper leveling right now and Hero Ring farming, I should be sustained for the meantime.

Lyrian

As would mine!

I swear Reddit knows more about the game then the fucking devs.

Wait did they say Diablos or Diablaos or whatever the fuck his name is will be on the new island?

Of course Reddit knows everything! Didn't you know the only units in the entire game were CoD, Kefka, Chizuru, WoL, Cecil, Vaan, Bartz, and Lenna? Everything else is so much complete garbage that they auto self-destruct the moment they are rolled....

Yes, Diabolos is part of the new story update. Apparently, he is obtainable somewhere very close to the beginning of the island. So, that's a plus.

Already seen too much eyerolling analysis on exactly how many energy potions from the Facebook event it will take to clear the entire island on Day 1. Good for them, I suppose.

Lyrian

FF IX lackluster event followed by FFIV? zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Western audiences resonate much more with the FF4 crew than Lightning and company. The FF13 series performed mediocrity (at best) outside of Japan. So, I can see a reasonable line of logic on why events that are more favorable to Western audiences would receive precedence.

Aurizen said:
Anyone know how to get the Person of Renown and Generous Giver trophy quick?

Umm..... create your own time machine?

The best you can do is expand your friends list to max (130 slots) and then fill then up as fast as possible. Monitor the friends list for people who stop playing and keep updating the list to hit the needed targets for gifts sent/received as fast as the game will let you. Still, expect gold in those to take several months at a minimum.

scarlet

OMFG SPOILERS

:p

So the TMs I'm working towards are a Black Cowl for Bartz and Excalibur for Garland...

This is gonna take fucking forever isn't it.

You still need help Scarlet?

bv5dPWQ.gif

PM me or just post it here.

bv5dPWQ.gif

PM me or just post it here.

Alright CCIE said we could use this here but don't post it elsewhere and remember everyone THIS IS TOTALLY AND 100% CCIE'S HARD WORK; I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH HOW THIS WONDERFUL STEP BY STEP GUIDE WORKS!!

<3 <3 <3 CCIE

Mac script for TM farming

Simple script

1. Download Andy for Mac OS X
2. Within Andy load FFBE as you would on an Android device - no APK necessary
3. Go through the install, and get everything running with the new application. Performance is FLAWLESS on my MacBook Pro
4. Now, like you do with Nox go to Earth Shrine exit but don't enter
5. Open Automator - new workflow
6. Add Get Specified Text action
7. Press Record - and click on Andy in the Dock
8. Run through the battle sequence and leave pauses between actions to account for network lag until back on the screen you started. Then hit stop.
9. This adds a Watch Me Do action to the script.
10. At this time, test it and see if if script works. If not, Delete sequence then record and test again
11. Once you like it, add a Pause action, and specify the time. I will modify mine slightly each time so it is harder for them to pick up I'm running a script.
12. Once again test
13. Add Loop action to the script and specify what you want. Times, hours, etc... Currently mine is running thirty times so it will stop and I can do some stuff on my phone to rank up. I'm near the Rank and don't want to do so on Android (Lapis)

I'm going to modify it tonight so when it hits 2AM, I don't have to worry about it stopping because everything on the server resets. Problem is going to be materials. Still, it's a start...

The important part is to click on Andy in the dock so that the window comes to the front for clicks. I do it in between every action while recording, so if I am doing something on my laptop it doesn't interrupt the script.

PLEASE don't post this on another site - strictly for GAFers.

bonkeng

Of course Reddit knows everything! Didn't you know the only units in the entire game were CoD, Kefka, Chizuru, WoL, Cecil, Vaan, Bartz, and Lenna? Everything else is so much complete garbage that they auto self-destruct the moment they are rolled....

Yes, Diabolos is part of the new story update. Apparently, he is obtainable somewhere very close to the beginning of the island. So, that's a plus.

Already seen too much eyerolling analysis on exactly how many energy potions from the Facebook event it will take to clear the entire island on Day 1. Good for them, I suppose.

Exdeath garbage tier confirmed.

scarlet

Alright CCIE said we could use this here but don't post it elsewhere and remember everyone THIS IS TOTALLY AND 100% CCIE'S HARD WORK; I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH HOW THIS WONDERFUL STEP BY STEP GUIDE WORKS!!

<3 <3 <3 CCIE

[B]Mac script for TM farming

Simple script

1. Download Andy for Mac OS X
2. Within Andy load FFBE as you would on an Android device - no APK necessary
3. Go through the install, and get everything running with the new application. Performance is FLAWLESS on my MacBook Pro
4. Now, like you do with Nox go to Earth Shrine exit but don't enter
5. Open Automator - new workflow
6. Add Get Specified Text action
7. Press Record - and click on Andy in the Dock
8. Run through the battle sequence and leave pauses between actions to account for network lag until back on the screen you started. Then hit stop.
9. This adds a Watch Me Do action to the script.
10. At this time, test it and see if if script works. If not, Delete sequence then record and test again
11. Once you like it, add a Pause action, and specify the time. I will modify mine slightly each time so it is harder for them to pick up I'm running a script.
12. Once again test
13. Add Loop action to the script and specify what you want. Times, hours, etc... Currently mine is running thirty times so it will stop and I can do some stuff on my phone to rank up. I'm near the Rank and don't want to do so on Android (Lapis)

I'm going to modify it tonight so when it hits 2AM, I don't have to worry about it stopping because everything on the server resets. Problem is going to be materials. Still, it's a start...

The important part is to click on Andy in the dock so that the window comes to the front for clicks. I do it in between every action while recording, so if I am doing something on my laptop it doesn't interrupt the script.

PLEASE don't post this on another site - strictly for GAFers. [/B]

Thank you!

and you can use <email></email> so members need to quote it to see

scarlet

CCIE, Chilly

Did you guys use skills or auto?

I tried to use abilities but somehow automator didn't get it, while it's working if I chose auto.

Yup tried it again, Automator didn't recognize swipe right.

CCIE, Chilly

Did you guys use skills or auto?

I tried to use abilities but somehow automator didn't get it, while it's working if I chose auto.

Yup tried it again, Automator didn't recognize swipe right.

Well I know its a hell of a lot easier on Vox, but technically you CAN, I believe. I keep my life simple lol Auto, 10 seconds, Auto off, Auto, Quest Cleared lol

hitmon

Sent a request from my second account, need help in ADV vortex to lvl my guys up.

If anyone is willing to help:

Thanks!

I just removed two inactives and sent you an invite if you still need it.

Kouriozan, I sent you a friend request if you still have a spot open.

I yolo'd and ended up with a 3* Zidane. I think that's it for me with this banner even though I want Amarant.

CCIE

Banned
Automator doesn't recognize swipes without additional work. In this way, NOX is superior. However, if using Auto like Chilly says it works WAY better on a Mac. NOX requires a VM to run on Mac, and lag is a problem. It will work, but I prefer not using all the workarounds like Direct X instead of Open GL to do so...

NOX will run on a Mac, but realize you are running a VM within a VM, and serious horsepower is required. Or some minor concessions. I apologize if hard to read - on a phone at a party

scarlet

Automator doesn't recognize swipes without additional work. In this way, NOX is superior. However, if using Auto like Chilly says it works WAY better on a Mac. NOX requires a VM to run on Mac, and lag is a problem. It will work, but I prefer not using all the workarounds like Direct X instead of Open GL to do so...

NOX will run on a Mac, but realize you are running a VM within a VM, and serious horsepower is required. Or some minor concessions. I apologize if hard to read - on a phone at a party

Yeah, I'm using auto now. Thank you, it works.

But I have to keep checking it, otherwise it doing something different. Probably cuz of the lag.

KeRaSh

I have a few magic keys from the summer chests. Which silver chests are worth spending the key on? The only one that looks OK seems to be the MP+10% one.

Does it make sense to have two offensive magic casters in a party? I already have Ex-Death and Shantotto is very verstile with the range of elemental magic she has. Should I keep Shantotto in and kick Sabin or is it better to have a melee guy instead?

wilstreak

I have a few magic keys from the summer chests. Which silver chests are worth spending the key on? The only one that looks OK seems to be the MP+10% one.

Does it make sense to have two offensive magic casters in a party? I already have Ex-Death and Shantotto is very verstile with the range of elemental magic she has. Should I keep Shantotto in and kick Sabin or is it better to have a melee guy instead?

recipe for SPR +10% and Muscle Belt (good accesory for tank). At least that's what i am using my free Magic key for.

don't even bother with Sabin

chrono01

As mentioned, SPR+10% and Muscle Belt recipes are great.

Stick with Shantotto to continue building up her TMR. Once max'd, you can give the Magic+30% to Exdeath and watch him destroy things (or go the crazy route like Rixa and do it x4 times). Sabin really isn't worth anything at all.

CCIE

Banned
With The TMR scripting I typically allow five seconds every time a loading screen comes up. I've used even longer as well. Because there is still a pause to make up five minutes or 1 NRG to run it indefinitely

Dragner

With The TMR scripting I typically allow five seconds every time a loading screen comes up. I've used even longer as well. Because there is still a pause to make up five minutes or 1 NRG to run it indefinitely

Yeah I give 5 seconds between each action. So I dont get caught by sudden lagg or whatever. Worked like a charm so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom