• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valonquar

MRW new banner is worse version of the last banner:
Pb6iL7I.gif

Rootbeer

Banned
Best banner ever
to save Lapis

Sheesh... yeah, no way. Saving. Hoping for more top units. They aren't getting anything out of me until then. They need to stop throwing out the insulting banners. At least give us a good one every few weeks.

The only way is to save for something akin to Lighting and then dump it all hoping for the best, and if you fail then maybe you'll still luck out and pull something decent along the way. The odds are just not there.

Xion86

I must be one of the few people who is not bothered about who is in what banner next and getting raged about it :$ Haha. I do like seeing the new characters they bring in though and their designs.

Rootbeer

Banned
I must be one of the few people who is not bothered about who is in what banner next and getting raged about it :$ Haha. I do like seeing the new characters they bring in though and their designs.

I'd be happy to pull most of those new characters while pulling for something more desireable. But not worth wasting Lapis or $$$ for the rate-up.

scarlet

I don't see my self pulling anything until I really need a new unit. I don't have any problems with my current team. And as much as I want a Garland, Bartz, CoD or Firion. I can wait for another banners.

I don't see my self pulling anything until I really need a new unit. I don't have any problems with my current team. And as much as I want a Garland, Bartz, CoD or Bartz. I can wait for another banners.

Yeah that's kinda where I'm at too. Only unit, currently released, that I desperately want are Terra and maaaaybe CoD and there is no way in gay hell in pulling those randomly.

Rixa

I don't see my self pulling anything until I really need a new unit. I don't have any problems with my current team. And as much as I want a Garland, Bartz, CoD or Bartz. I can wait for another banners.

Yeah that's kinda where I'm at too. Only unit, currently released, that I desperately want are Terra and maaaaybe CoD and there is no way in gay hell in pulling those randomly.

I think most of us are in the same boat :). Even I will save my Lapis (4kish) for something else. I think I will use 100 - 200 Lapis for eq slots,i have 85 and almost full. With slots you cant go wrong (dont buy potion = item slots tho) :p.

scarlet

I think most of us are in the same boat :). Even I will save my Lapis (4kish) for something else. I think I will use 100 - 200 Lapis for eq slots,i have 85 and almost full. With slots you cant go wrong (dont buy potion = item slots tho) :p.

I really need to add unit slots for Gigantuars, only have 3 free slots out of 70

And of course the inevitable material slots. Already have 115, and still not enough.

Might spend around 500 for both :(

bonkeng

Don't worry, I'm sure we'll get an FF6 banner:

Rare: Terra, Locke, Celes, Kefka, Leo (1% rate each)

Common: Shadow, Sabin, Cyan, Edgar (6.25% each)

You'll get Terra in only around a hundred pull :D

Xion86

Hmm now my main team is maxed, I need some grinding task to do whilst at work which doesn't involve me exploring a map. Could craft I guess. Either that or keep killing Demon Chimera for Rank up :).

I will pull like crazy for the FF6 banner

I dont even give a fuck

They really need to release Setzer gau and Umaro. Pretty sure they made sprites for them

Dragner

Nice I have a maxed Terra already (But I dont use her because she sucks Alimp pls wtf 6* Terra nao).

Dragner

Its such a damn shame and Im not sure how it works

It feels like there must be a way to improve the damage. Is it bugged?

I dont think it is, for some reason people think of terra as some sort of red mage,sword fencer char. Her basic limit on FFRK works the same way and is also atrocious.

scarlet

I want to use the macro while sleeping, but it's not working 100%. I have to stop my automator few times, cuz sometimes it won't click and ruin the entire pattern.

And I really need to record my TM progress.

Dragner

Oh yeah, Terra is absolutely awful in her own way which is sad give. How powerful game wise she is meant to be...

BUT ULTIMA OMFGATAHABSBSSI MUST HAVE

Bitch PLS

I mean, I love Terra but her hybrid moveset doesnt make sense, she tries to do a lot of things but does nothing good.

Ultima TM is great yeah, but idk how efficient is going to be compared to Meteor (That exdeath learns at 6*).

Kouriozan

There we go, my WoL has 5130 HP and Cura, hope it'll be useful to some of my friends.
Only 13 light megacryst for my 4th and last HP +15%, then I'll be 100% done with the current event.

wilstreak

so I assume that Garnet and Freya are really bad?

These daily pull somehow is so bad that the best unit that i got is 4* Lani.
For comparison, the same time after i pull shadow with 250 lapis.

Decide to pull 3 times using ticket and got Ceres, Cerius, and Roselia. Much2 better.

Rixa

so I assume that Garnet and Freya are really bad?

These daily pull somehow is so bad that the best unit that i got is 4* Lani.
For comparison, the same time after i pull shadow with 250 lapis.

Decide to pull 3 times using ticket and got Ceres, Cerius, and Roselia. Much2 better.
If you did atleast three 250 pulls. Iam 100% sure that 3rd unit is much better than Shadow / Lani.
In S/L case, rarity doesnt matter. Shit is shit even if it is wrapped in gold.

Dragner

Garnet is really bad for a base 4* she doesnt have Cheer or Focus or any support skill really aside from High Tide that is not that great. Is a glorified Roselia with Summon increase damage, if you are into summons I suppose she is good.

Garnet is really bad for a base 4* she doesnt have Cheer or Focus or any support skill really aside from High Tide that is not that great. Is a glorified Roselia with Summon increase damage, if you are into summons I suppose she is good.

She is absolute shit lol only one who wants to pull her is the mad scientist Lyrian :)

Lyrian

WTH at the Garnet banner, Gummi?

I can't even..... /whimpers

I almost don't even want to pull on this banner at all. This is horrific. RIP my dreams.

Kouriozan said:
Garnet confirmed harder to pull than boosted Lightning.

If the standard 5/25/70 rule applies, then yup. Some on Reddit suggest given this model, that the pull rate for Garnet will be in the ball park of ~0.25% (that's 1 in 500 pulls).

That makes pulling a Garnet virtually impossible, unless... oh ho ho! I figured it out! Sneaky, sneaky Gumi. (I hate the way my brain thinks sometimes).

So.... take a half-price/ticket pull for 0.25% odds, or spend 5000 lapis for the 11 pull and get a 50% chance at pulling Garnet (because she is 4* base and featured, which the pull 11 is exactly designed around). Way to completely make all those free tickets all but worthless.

Not going to do that, but nice scheme there Gumi.

Chilly said:
walking shaved rat poodle

Dammit Chilly. Now there's going to be at least a 1 in 3 chance that phrase is just randomly going to slip out in a conversation on campus today. Never going to get that phase out of my head, lol.

So my squad rn is Kefka/Bartz/Chizuru/Lenna/Rain. I have a Celes 4*, is she worth lvling to 5* to replace Rain? Or should I just not give a fuck & keep my status quo?

CCIE

Banned
Wow at that next banner... Gumi must be reading Lyrian's posts. There is a good chance I may be done pulling units at this point. I'd now expect some trash units to be thrown in with the Cecil banner, so I'm not getting him either. My only hope at all is the content banner I think. Are there any trash FFXIII units? That may have to be my next banner.

If this is the future of banners, I expect most non-whales will get sick of this game and the shitty pulls they make. What the fuck is that?

Did JP ever have a banner this horrible? Did the dev drop a shitload of 4* max trash into the best banners to fuck with their users like we are currently experiencing?

Shit.

Pejo

So I've been grinding away at the event dungeon for the past few days, got almost every character I have up to max level now. Working on my final team of Kuja, Tellah, Duane, and Medius to get them fully xp'd.

I really like Kuja's spritework, and I just noticed that his ATK and MAG are both over 105 when fully leveled 5*. Is he the perfect hybrid build character? If I put 2x Hero Rings, Green Beret, Black Belt Gi and eventually that Poison club we get from the challenge, could he actually make spellblade abilities worth it? Am I stupid for even thinking about this?

At any rate, in a month or two when my Dual Wield TM is finally finished, I might stick that and Barrage on him, and a few spellblade abilities to see how it works out.

Do we ever get a high dmg Dagger?

CCIE

Banned
Have to agree on the banners. I'm now farming TMR, leveling Eapers, etc... I don't care if Gumi wants to ban me for scripting. I intend to run it 24 hours a day for awhile, just as a big middle finger to Gumi for their crappy practices.

A lot more of my FL is no longer logging in regularly. 5 more spaces just opened up, and another dozen might in the next few days

Lyrian

Did JP ever have a banner this horrible? Did the dev drop a shitload of 4* max trash into the best banners to fuck with their users like we are currently experiencing?

Shit.

JP has never had a 7 unit banner. This banner is potentially (unless Gumi deviates from its normal gacha distribution policies) the worst ever, because it would imply that Garnet (the 4* base unit) would have a lower draw rate than 5* base Lightning on banner.

CCIE said:
Are there any trash FFXIII units?

If you mean trash = 4* max, than no. According to the Reddit Wiki, all FF13 units awaken to at least 5*. (Lightning, Snow = 6 *, Fang, Vanille, Sash, Hope = 5*)

Gaz_RB said:
Why can't I stop playing this game?

Because its actually fun, despite the BS that Gumi is pulling? I derive my fun from making teams work that should have no possibility of succeeding (at least in the opinion of the hivemind on Reddit) and playing characters that I actually liked from previous FF games.

Pejo said:
Do we ever get a high dmg Dagger?

I think Shouta on the last page was discussing a recently released strong dagger with innate dual wield. I want to say that it was called the Cowboy Dagger/Dirk, or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom