• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceman829

Awakening ADV for Holy

Awakening INT for Sacred

Though if you run INT that would be the most efficient for both. Thats how I get all mine
Thanks, I've been running the int battles, but just have had terrible luck with holy drops. Was just checking if there was a better method

CCIE

Banned
I have actually found that if I don't bring anyone with me, except for Locke, to the Int Awakenig I actually get more SC and Holy drops. Pretty much always get at least one. The occasional zero though

I have up in the twenties for both, nearly 30 for sacred all from Phantom Forest farming haha Nice bonus gift while farming magicite. Next 4* or two I pull and care to level I won't have to hit the Void :) Also have a bunch of extra Ice Megacrysts so I will only have to farm Fire for the next ring I do. PF FTW!

leehom

Man

What a brutal recipe for the NON event mats

Getting all those scales is going to be a pain

Yea it's rough. I've been stealing from colosseum trex's and double chance (steal and kill drop) at lanzelt highland, but I'm getting less than a 5% rate. Maybe when the new island drops in a couple of days I'll stop the abyss runs. Kinda getting sick and tired of it anyways.

How did some of you guys get so many good characters? Luck or did you buy additional lapis? From my experience and the videos I've seen of people pulling on youtube, the majority of our luck seems to tip on the horrible side vs good.

Heng

so I'm about to finally get the hero ring which units are the best to equip them to?
Any unit with 100 attack or higher or any mages. On top of my head those are: Bartz, CoD, and Chizuru. Don't give it to Garland, he'll gain more ATK with Hyper Bracers due to double hand.

Kouriozan

How did some of you guys get so many good characters? Luck or did you buy additional lapis? From my experience and the videos I've seen of people pulling on youtube, the majority of our luck seems to tip on the horrible side vs good.

Personally, it was luck and crazy YOLO. I'm F2P so far, wanted to buy the early bird bundle but soft launch was Swedish only so I couldn't with my French credit card on iOS.
Got 3 rainbow crystal since I started playing this May, Firion in June, Chizuru and WoL about 2 weeks ago.
I personally think I stole the luck of other people x)

My best units so far :
TG3RIWUl.jpg

Re-rolled at soft launch until I got Exdeath.

Valus

Yea it's rough. I've been stealing from colosseum trex's and double chance (steal and kill drop) at lanzelt highland, but I'm getting less than a 5% rate. Maybe when the new island drops in a couple of days I'll stop the abyss runs. Kinda getting sick and tired of it anyways.

Most of us rerolled at hard launch and Chiz event until we got at least two "future proof" characters. I ended up with Bartz/Firion and don't feel all that powerful tbh, though I have cleared all content to date.

F2P player here too. Very tempted to drop $100 on the big Lapis bundle though. I know i seriously lucked out with the units. I never did the constant restart reroll thing at the beginning either. Firion was my first really good unit. Did a few draws during the kefka banner, then I blew most of my lapis and tickets on the WoL banner which also got me CoD , Bartz and 2 zidanes(along with Lenna and WoL). That was a great banner for me. Changed everything.

Also to note, I've never pulled any rainbow crystals.

14100498_10155151626788989_989501402681070045_n.jpg

Pbae

Personally, it was luck and crazy YOLO. I'm F2P so far, wanted to buy the early bird bundle but soft launch was Swedish only so I couldn't with my French credit card on iOS.
Got 3 rainbow crystal since I started playing this May, Firion in June, Chizuru and WoL about 2 weeks ago.

My best units so far :
TG3RIWUl.jpg

Holy Canoli! Those are some awesome units for a F2P acct. I'm F2P too and even though I think I have good pulls, yours blows me out the water lol. Hope you keep getting good pulls so you can stay F2P.

Kouriozan

Holy Canoli! Those are some awesome units for a F2P acct. I'm F2P too and even though I think I have good pulls, yours blows me out the water lol. Hope you keep getting good pulls so you can stay F2P.

Yeah but I plan to whale eventually, either for Refia or the Secret of Mana collab if we get it :)
Thanks and wish you luck too!
Also got Bartz on the WoL banner, hehe.
You got 4 that will get a 6*, it's pretty good, well 6 including Rain/Lasswell.

Heng

It's definitely luck. Most people rerolled at the start for Chizuru, but I didn't think that was necessary. I preferred having the challenge of trying to clear current content with what I have so I didn't bother rerolling. You'll eventually get a good roster if you keep playing, just gotta have the commitment to stick it through the hard times.

I also have Tellah, another Garland, another Kefka, and 2 more Lennas. I'm also F2P, and I don't plan on changing that (based on how bad the rates are/the track record of Gumi).

Whizkid7

As many have echoed, total luck. My first pulls when the game launched included Shantotto, Bartz and Terra. Previous banner gave me Garland, Tellah, Lenna, Kefka and others (but sadly no WoL T_T).

scarlet

I'm F2P. And to increase my luck, I sacrificed a virgin before I tried to pull.

CCIE

Banned
I'm missing ExDeath and CoD, plus anything resembling a tank. Otherwise, I'm in pretty good shape. I might try for CoD when the bonus banner comes along.. And I'll probably never get Zidane, but I have two Bartz instead. So DH for me as opposed to DW

I have a voodoo doll in the mail for future pulls...

Valus

Ah Thanks I was gonna do my attack units but yeah magic users need it too.. Gonna take a while to grind for the items.

Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you look at it) until 6* units are introduced the hyper wrist is equivalent or even better than the hero ring for most attack based units.

Aurizen

Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you look at it) until 6* units are introduced the hyper wrist is equivalent or even better than the hero ring for most attack based units.

wow really? I'll make a lot as a just in case for the future... trying to make about.. hmm 6 or so.

Eidjinn

I spent the mininum to secure my account in any eventual problem, so, mostly F2P.

The units I wanted, don't have... so almost 100% of them are yolo pulls.
(my team: Cod. Cod (or Vaan), Cecil, Kefka, Lenna, and Zidane, Tellah, Lenna, Miyuki, Kain and another Vaan as "bench players").

Rixa

Most of us rerolled at hard launch and Chiz event until we got at least two "future proof" characters. I ended up with Bartz/Firion and don't feel all that powerful tbh, though I have cleared all content to date.

F2P player here too. Very tempted to drop $100 on the big Lapis bundle though. I know i seriously lucked out with the units. I never did the constant restart reroll thing at the beginning either. Firion was my first really good unit. Did a few draws during the kefka banner, then I blew most of my lapis and tickets on the WoL banner which also got me CoD , Bartz and 2 zidanes(along with Lenna and WoL). That was a great banner for me. Changed everything.

Also to note, I've never pulled any rainbow crystals.

It's definitely luck. Most people rerolled at the start for Chizuru, but I didn't think that was necessary. I preferred having the challenge of trying to clear current content with what I have so I didn't bother rerolling. You'll eventually get a good roster if you keep playing, just gotta have the commitment to stick it through the hard times.

I also have Tellah, another Garland, another Kefka, and 2 more Lennas. I'm also F2P, and I don't plan on changing that (based on how bad the rates are/the track record of Gumi).

As many have echoed, total luck. My first pulls when the game launched included Shantotto, Bartz and Terra. Previous banner gave me Garland, Tellah, Lenna, Kefka and others (but sadly no WoL T_T).

I'm F2P. And to increase my luck, I sacrificed a virgin before I tried to pull.

I'm missing ExDeath and CoD, plus anything resembling a tank. Otherwise, I'm in pretty good shape. I might try for CoD when the bonus banner comes along.. And I'll probably never get Zidane, but I have two Bartz instead. So DH for me as opposed to DW

I have a voodoo doll in the mail for future pulls...
KouriSan didnt steal my luck.
I consider myself very lucky. It was 16.5.16 when I started after 30ish rerolls got Vaan first of those "Best" units back then... Not much money used and 0€ after May, no need to use either, back then most of my money went to increase slots.
Roughly around 120 pulls made during 3½ months time. Outside of picture I got Rakshasa, Tellah, Lenna, Amarant as 5* able units.

Havent seen single rainbow in those pulls. Outside of Chorizo all the better chars are as 3* pulls :p.

Dreavus

F2P so for for me. I was pretty lucky on the first banner, Golbez and 3 kefka's (one of which I fused, didn't really consider getting more than one ribbon eventually). No Chiz, but that's fine. I was okay with just using the story characters along with those two.

Only pulled a few times on the second banner (got the ninja dude which is just "ok"). Then I threw down for x11 tickets for WoL... and I got him on my 3rd pull with Lenna as my 4th. Still a ton of tickets saved for the future.

Never anything better than a 3* blue crystal though, always needed to spend effort awakening (which is sort of part of the fun I guess).

I think with these games you want to be careful chasing a specific character, that's how people end up spending money. You just pull with what you have and just roll with it IMO. On that note, Chilly, I think you might end up your own worst enemy with this Exdeath business. TREAD LIGHTLY, FRIEND.

Xion86

Thought I'd try go back to TM farming overnight. Turned my laptop on and NoX would fail to load (trying to open it does nothing), or even uninstall, was fine last time I used it (few days back) sigh. It's a sign. It's not worth the effort :p.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I'm F2P and while not as good as the ones posted. I think I've done well with pulls.

List Warz
Bartz
Kefka(2x)
Artemios
Warrior of Light
Cecil
Lenna
Tellah
Goblez
Celes

Pbae

So I had a couple of questions.

I have four Kefka's and was wondering if I should try and grab all four ribbons or if I can do with just two. I was thinking four might be overkill and two would be ideal (one for tank and one for healer). Do we get some sort of PVP? I wouldn't mind running a 4 Kefka, 1 Shadow troll team.

Valus

I have four Kefka's and was wondering if I should try and grab all four ribbons or if I can do with just two. I was thinking four might be overkill and two would be ideal (one for tank and one for healer). Do we get some sort of PVP? I wouldn't mind running a 4 Kefka, 1 Shadow troll team.

There is pvp later but from what I've seen they aren't tactical at all, just nuke wars so ribbons wouldn't do much.

With that said, two is probably enough especially if your healer has esuna.

They are extremely handy for certain content, outside of select PVP and at least 2 are recommended depending on what you have available to you.

Edit: FUCKING VALUS

Thought I'd try go back to TM farming overnight. Turned my laptop on and NoX would fail to load (trying to open it does nothing), or even uninstall, was fine last time I used it (few days back) sigh. It's a sign. It's not worth the effort :p.

Oh it is if you can get some beast TM's.

I have CoD Firion Kefka and Cecil and a bunch of other stuff but those are my top units i guess?

COD will last you a long while, the only obnoxious aspect of her being her weapon choices.

Cecil is bae tank, still top five units in JP, amazing at 6* but sadly outranked by WoL at 5*

Kefka has the highest base MAG in global so far; but should he not receive a 6* upgrade he is handily outclassed.

If you have WoL or Cecil you are set at tank, period. They are pretty much tied for top tanks in the game in Japan with WoL being more offensive and Cecil being more defensive. Many gamers are all about damage output so they use WoL but if you needed to survive a brutal battle, Cecil's extra def/healing shine.

CCIE

Banned
Everyone listed theirs, here is mine (good ones only)

Bartz (x2)
Kefka (x2)
Chizuru
Garland
Firion
Vaan
Celes
Terra
Tellah
Kuja
Lenna

All of those are near-maxed. I went all out for WoL, but didn't get him. So, Vaan will be my tank of sorts unless something changes. I am also contemplating running Krile and Rydia when they get their five star.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom