• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering what I should do this weekend.

Either keep running the current or Catacur. Maybe run the Cacatur to move up Lenna to 5*, then back to the vortex. I'll probably save my energy potions for it too.

I'm gonna run Cactuar. I need to max my units before I start maxing Espers, I think. Mine are all 1*, but I can't be bothered to run explorations when I have level 60 5*s and poor 4* Exdeath waiting to grow. Once my units are settled, I think I can actually progress with developing the rest of things. I won't ever have 4x +30% MAG, but I'll make a valiant attempt.

What I wonder...do you think Gumi actively changed the pulling drop rates?

Kefka and Chizuru dropped like fucking grey crystals
:|
Siren will get her glory back with Curaja as one of her 3* skills, you'll see! x)

Nah, any respectable healer already has that skill ;) Fuck Siren! Lenna getting Shiva as soon as Diablos hits and ExDeath will get that dark prince. At least I think he was best for mages...

Hmm I guess I could stock up on some gigantuars but feels a little pointless when the next banner I will feel compelled to pull from is so far away. Wouldn't be so bad if I increased my Unit max but I refuse to waste lapis on anything but pulling when it's so damn hard to acquire it (F2P). Only thing I've increased is Material which I have at 85 and just sell crap often.

Azuran

Banned
Bah why can't I never get the good TM units like Luna and Miyuki? I keep getting garbage like Sabin that does nothing. At least I have 4 Shantotto and 2 Kain so I have time to kill in the meantime.

I'm not even looking for the best units when I pull :/

Valentus

From reddit

As a frame of reference, you have a 1.75% chance to pull a base 4★ out of the normal rare summon, which means both Warrior of Light and Chizuru have a 0.875% chance of being pulled if you ignore the featured summon entirely right now.

Once the new banner goes live and Garnet is added to the mix, you have an effectively equal chance of pulling Garnet whether you pull from featured or not (just shy of 0.6%).

If you want garnet, you will have exactly the same chances of normal banner and featured banner

Bless Lenna, no need for scrub ass Garnet ;) Sucks for people that don't have Lenna though :(

As for espers, Leehorn, I'm sure they'll keep being added along with story content. As far as Japan goes, I know after Diablos they have
Carbuncle and Odin and part of me wants to say Titan too but can't remember for sure on that last one

Mipcgamer

I couldn't resist, thanks to you I started the long farm.
Sadly, this is the best I got for the moment.

RCl285H.png

Bless Lenna, no need for scrub ass Garnet ;) Sucks for people that don't have Lenna though :(

As for espers, Leehorn, I'm sure they'll keep being added along with story content. As far as Japan goes, I know after Diablos they have
Carbuncle and Odin and part of me wants to say Titan too but can't remember for sure on that last one

Yes T man is confirmed. As someone who did the Esper grind, whilst it's tedious, it fills your coffers, materials, rank exp, LB exp, and of course Esper exp.

It's certainly much more fucking fun than TM farming -.-

Hmmm did a bunch more runs with solo Locke

Doesnt seems to matter if he is solo or in a party. The effect appears to be party wide passive but i would beed to gather some serious data

For now the feeling appears to be... Better with Locke but you are still at the mercy of rng as always.

Yes T man is confirmed. As someone who did the Esper grind, whilst it's tedious, it fills your coffers, materials, rank exp, LB exp, and of course Esper exp.

It's certainly much more fucking fun than TM farming -.-

Yeah Esper grinding is all I've been doing besides the dailies lately and it is indeed beneficial, especially coming from mostly Void stuff. The only problem is deciding between doing this and get Fire Megacrysts so I can make more Hero rings... I finally got all the espers (except Siren) to 2*, thinking I'll farm enough to get Diablos to 2* right away when he hits and then maybe switch to HR farming again until I can make a couple more then maybe go back to Esper farming to level them up. Or I could just keep doing the Esper stuff since HR aren't that beneficial until 6* anyway. I put one on WoL and it did nothing, so a dead tie with the hyperwrist he had on. Think I'll move it to one of the mages instead.

Yeah Esper grinding is all I've been doing besides the dailies lately and it is indeed beneficial, especially coming from mostly Void stuff. The only problem is deciding between doing this and get Fire Megacrysts so I can make more Hero rings... I finally got all the espers (except Siren) to 2*, thinking I'll farm enough to get Diablos to 2* right away when he hits and then maybe switch to HR farming again until I can make a couple more then maybe go back to Esper farming to level them up. Or I could just keep doing the Esper stuff since HR aren't that beneficial until 6* anyway. I put one on WoL and it did nothing, so a dead tie with the hyperwrist he had on. Think I'll move it to one of the mages instead.

Who is the rest of your party? Yeah HR are wasted on Tanks atm lol

Damn, I see a lot of complaints with Gumi but it's crazy how most of y'all have literally the best units possible in GL and you're still upset. It's like y'all forget this is a gacha game

broz0rs

I haven't been able to keep up with this thread, but has anybody pulled anything good from the once a day banner? I've only been able to roll hot garbage.

I haven't been able to keep up with this thread, but has anybody pulled anything good from the once a day banner? I've only been able to roll hot garbage.

Pulled a Krile and Golbez

Others were Shadow Cyan Lani and Maria

At least they all have been different and new for me minus Golbez

I dunno

Even though the pulls suck most the time i get excited for Daily pulls

Maybe cuz it breaks up the whole waiting till the next big banner lull

Pulls are more fun when you can do them regularly

leehom

Best I got so far is artemios, rest is trash. Not even tm farm worthy.

Damn, I see a lot of complaints with Gumi but it's crazy how most of y'all have literally the best units possible in GL and you're still upset. It's like y'all forget this is a gacha game
There's quite a few here that have really good pulls, but most of us in general aren't as lucky. I would be content if I had a vaan, WoL or Zidane for tm farming.

I saw on my Facebook someone with 5 cods......

Lyrian

Hi folks, what's going on in here?

Scarlet said:
40 trophies!

Now I'm ready for that new ring recipe.

Grats on the sweet achievement!

Valentus said:
If you want garnet, you will have exactly the same chances of normal banner and featured banner

Good point. The power of dilution does make obtaining each unit naturally rarer, once new units are added to the pool.

Chilly said:
As someone who did the Esper grind, whilst it's tedious, it fills your coffers, materials, rank exp, LB exp, and of course Esper exp.

Esper grinding isn't that bad because of PF. If you take PF out of the equation, then esper grinding is probably as bad as TM farming. Almost have all the current espers completely maxed out because of PF.

DrROBschiz said:
For now the feeling appears to be... Better with Locke but you are still at the mercy of rng as always.

From my anecdotal observations, Locke is very RNG. I will always haul him along on PF magicite runs, if available on my friend's list. I can't say I've ever seen him duplicate chests, but I think he can duplicate collection node drops. To that effect, I think the game rolls bonus drops on nodes from Locke when the exploration is entered. Bonus drops tend to be duplicates of specific items from the nodes that carry throughout the zone. Awesome when Locke decides to duplicate Green Megacites. Not so awesome when he decides to duplicate shards or silver ores. No way of concretely telling what bonus node drops he is causing through (although I think duplicated drops appear back to back on nodes).

Kouriozan said:
That's because Reddit only care about "future-proofing"

A quick walk-in-the-door-and-scan-Reddit has me laughing hard.

A quick TL;DR of Reddit's logic?

-- Garnet: Does she have Cheer like Fina/Lenna? No? Complete canine excrement then.

-- Freya: Does she have Barrage? No? A move better than Barrage? No? Complete canine excrement then.

Therefore, if you pull any of these units at all, you should immediately feel embarrassed for doing so and then immediately seek to erase yourself from existence in shame.

/facepalm

Lyrian

Best I got so far is artemios, rest is trash. Not even tm farm worthy.

There's quite a few here that have really good pulls, but most of us in general aren't as lucky. I would be content if I had a vaan, WoL or Zidane for tm farming.

Artemios is my best DPS atm, because I didn't reroll like crazy and have been rather stingy with my pulls to date. Still, I'm doing ok, as I have a Kefka, Tellah, and Lenna to help out. Could use a tank unit though to help round out the team.

across

I've pulled every day of the banner so far - results as follows:
Firion
Clyne
Anzelm
Locke
Vaan

So I've failed to get the thief that is actually on the banner, but have gotten the two that are not, and have not gotten a single banner unit, even Lani. All things told, not bad for 1250 lapis. I had no strong second physical DPS and no full breaker.

My thinking was that even though the rates on Zidane are poor comparatively, they're higher than they normally are for him, and your chance of pulling him is 0% if you... don't pull at all. But I take a more relaxed view of this game than it seems a lot of people do.

I didn't pull on the Locke banner at all and only did three on the WoL banner (for Lenna). I'm going to pull for favorite characters first, characters that are required to help clear content second, and there is no third. Just chill and let what comes into your party come, and work around that! Maybe I'll get a Zidane when I unwisely sink all my lapis into the FFT banner for Agrias (because she's a fav, not because I need her). Maybe I won't. It's a gacha game, can't let it stress you out.

Azuran

Banned
I've pulled every day of the banner so far - results as follows:
Firion
Clyne
Anzelm
Locke
Vaan

So I've failed to get the thief that is actually on the banner, but have gotten the two that are not, and have not gotten a single banner unit, even Lani. All things told, not bad for 1250 lapis. I had no strong second physical DPS and no full breaker.

My thinking was that even though the rates on Zidane are poor comparatively, they're higher than they normally are for him, and your chance of pulling him is 0% if you... don't pull at all. But I take a more relaxed view of this game than it seems a lot of people do.

I didn't pull on the Locke banner at all and only did three on the WoL banner (for Lenna). I'm going to pull for favorite characters first, characters that are required to help clear content second, and there is no third. Just chill and let what comes into your party come, and work around that! Maybe I'll get a Zidane when I unwisely sink all my lapis into the FFT banner for Agrias (because she's a fav, not because I need her). Maybe I won't. It's a gacha game, can't let it stress you out.

"Not bad" you say after pulling all those great units and avoiding Lani and Vivi. I'll gladly take all of that over 3 Sabin

Fuck Sabin

Who is the rest of your party? Yeah HR are wasted on Tanks atm lol

I'm using WoL-Vaan-ExDeath-Kefka-Lenna

I know Vaan is redundant but I don't have a physical attacker and focus is nice plus he's my bara-caster. He's who I'll kick out once I get a physical attacking beast. I should probably put the rings on Kefka and then after I can make another two, on ExDeath, yeah?

I know Vaan is redundant but I don't have a physical attacker and focus is nice plus he's my bara-caster. He's who I'll kick out once I get a physical attacking beast. I should probably put the rings on Kefka and then after I can make another two, on ExDeath, yeah?

WHY THE FUCK DON'T THEY HAVE HERO RINGS

scarlet

Hmmmmm

Only Chilly would understand this

The next trial would be hard for team without physical attacker.

Lyrian

You're referring to that retracted news post, I assume?

Welp, that news post is no longer retracted.

Yay for skipping the third trial and jumping right to the fourth one (/grumble). Intangir starting at midnight GMT Thursday morning.

across

Welp, that news post is no longer retracted.

Yay for skipping the third trial and jumping right to the fourth one (/grumble). Intangir starting at midnight GMT Thursday morning.

Actually, maybe someone can answer a question I've had for a while - how did it become common belief that the Brachiosaur trial was coming out before Intangir? The update schedule on the global FFBE wiki pretty clearly states Intangir predated it by a couple weeks.

Datamined banner that people took seriously before recent rate up banners showed everyone not to take datamined information seriously?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom