• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyrian

Actually, maybe someone can answer a question I've had for a while - how did it become common belief that the Brachiosaur trial was coming out before Intangir? The update schedule on the global FFBE wiki pretty clearly states Intangir predated it by a couple weeks.

Datamined banner that people took seriously before recent rate up banners showed everyone not to take datamined information seriously?

EDIT: Nuked post. Can't read at 12:30 apparently.

EDIT 2: Because on the Reddit Wiki, the trials are listed in sets. Set 1 is the Farplane Bosses. Brachio is the last farplane boss, so it was assumed that he would be implemented before everything in the future reverts to the Vortex of Trials (which are identified as Set 2 on the Wiki). Thus Boss 1-3 was thought to be placed before Boss 2-1. Also, for where Global is in the Story Campaign, Global is very far behind on trials. Another line of logic would be that based on Dirnado coming out in a day, that Brachio would be the next trial because that's what the schedule says that Global should be up to by now.

Guess not.

scarlet

Trial is in vortex. That's nice, so we can bring a friend. I assumed he's a beast, so a strong Chizuru + Ifrit will be great.

Now I have to think what to do with my 2 Exdeaths. I ain't dealing with meteor.

WHY THE FUCK DON'T THEY HAVE HERO RINGS
Because I just got the recipe, second ring still in the oven :p
Hmmmmm

Only Chilly would understand this

The next trial would be hard for team without physical attacker.
You...just don't understand! I don't think my other units can even use them.
Decide to make a yolo pull guess who did I get...

sNKrAU6.jpg

.n_n.
Congrats! Best TM in the game

Malakhov

Banned
I haven't been able to keep up with this thread, but has anybody pulled anything good from the once a day banner? I've only been able to roll hot garbage.

Ive pulled Bartz and then the rest is crap.

Finally done farming materials to awaken all my 5 units to 5 stars. Tellah, Lenna, WoL, Bartz and Garland are all rainbows now! :)

And pulled exdeath on my second account, yay!

Zhadgon

Because I just got the recipe, second ring still in the oven :p

You...just don't understand! I don't think my other units can even use them.

Congrats! Best TM in the game

Thanks I was thinking if I need to ever pull a Zidane this is the time, the next banner will be one hell of a gamble (I love FFIX so it was really great, now the TM farm will be hell but at least I know who I will be using it, CoD here I come with two rising suns have two Locks to).

.n_n.

CCIE

Banned
No magic on the boss? Time for the all-star physical team. Garland is off the bench for this one. Will try using Bartz, Garland, Chizuru, Vaan, and Lenna. Bring along another DPS, or a tank. Piece of cake ;)

Does Lenna's LB count as magic?

Lyrian

No magic on the boss? Time for the all-star physical team. Garland is off the bench for this one. Will try using Bartz, Garland, Chizuru, Vaan, and Lenna. Bring along another DPS, or a tank. Piece of cake ;)

Does Lenna's LB count as magic?

Chilly said:
Wait, ANY magic triggers meteor!?

Looks like using magic against the boss = meteor to the face.

I **think** the logic of the encounter is only mentioning using magic that directly targets the boss. Buffs/Heals shouldn't count. Otherwise, every turn would always be meteors to the face on every heal, buff, etc. That makes no sense.

CCIE

Banned
So if no magic or even healing LB's I'm running Chiz, Garland, Bartz (x2), Vaan, and one Bartz on my FL has Dual Wield with Excalibur

Easy, squeezy . That's 22 attacks per round ;)

Azuran

Banned
Looks like using magic against the boss = meteor to the face.

I **think** the logic of the encounter is only mentioning using magic that directly targets the boss. Buffs/Heals shouldn't count. Otherwise, every turn would always be meteors to the face on every heal, buff, etc. That makes no sense.

If you ever played FFXI, that's what you would always get from Behemoths all the time. These guys are assholes meant to bring you nothing but pain and despair.

*WHM uses Benediction"
*Asshole NM Behemoth uses Meteor*
*2/3 of your party is KO*

Good times.

Lyrian

I don't think it does. From what I read, it said you find it at the same place demon chimera was/is.

But if you can bring a friend, it will. So I'm confused.

News post directly says Vortex of Trials. No freebie attempts on this one. Wiki says 20 energy per try, no continues. 700 Rank XP, if you win (+sword on first clear).

Lyrian

Ok, then, looking at the logic flow of the encounter....

Everyone is going to be using some form of ability and or magic each turn. How does the game decide which one of these actions is the one it responds to on the boss's turn?

scarlet

Ok, then, looking at the logic flow of the encounter....

Everyone is going to be using some form of ability and or magic each turn. How does the game decide which one of these actions is the one it responds to on the boss's turn?

He responds to magic with meteor. So if you want to make it easier, physical team is better than using mage/healer

And I'm probably gonna have a hard time. Only can use WoL and Chizu and that's it.

anigif_enhanced-30076-1393188470-23.gif

But yeah, I am a guy lol
Oh I must have u confused with someone else. I mentioned dude once on here and they told me they were a girl so I thought I was good this time... Guess not lmao

But uh yea the trial uses Meteor to counter for magic, meaning I believe any max Kefka users are still in the clear bc hyperdrive is a skill.

Also, enhancer is also a fantastic sword for Bartz. In his 6* he gets a hybrid I think 540% atk move, so a sword with atk/mag will do wonders.

Lyrian

Ok, I just saw a video posted on Reddit on demonstrating clearing Intangir.

Umm.... we already have units that may trivialize the encounter. Unless Gumi tweaks the damage from Meteor higher, it only does 1200-1500 to the party with a magic break used. So, any 5* max has the HP to facetank a Meteor. Then, Lenna can just counter that with a Curaja. Otherwise a backup healer for dual Cura will work just as well.

And because using any magic forces Intangir to use Meteor every round, you can easily control the entire fight.

/headscratch

Perhaps this is what happens when Global is so far ahead in the character release schedule than it is on the trial release schedule.

Video of clear with mostly 4* units

scarlet

Umm.... we already have units that may trivialize the encounter. Unless Gumi tweaks the damage from Meteor higher, it only does 1200-1500 to the party with a magic break used. So, any 5* max has the HP to facetank a Meteor. Then, Lenna can just counter that with a Curaja. Otherwise a backup healer for dual Cura will work just as well.

And because using any magic forces Intangir to use Meteor every round, you can easily control the entire fight.

/headscratch

Perhaps this is what happens when Global is so far ahead in the character release schedule than it is on the trial release schedule.

I guess my current team can handle it then hahaha.

Razmos

That sword will be awesome for my Locke, who for some strange reason they decided to give all physical attacks to, apart from Mirage Dive, his signature attack, which is magic.

CCIE

Banned
Damn, I might run Lenna anyway. Cheer, Curaja, and her LB heals as well. So only 19 attacks per round - boosted with Cheer ;)

I'll crush him

Dragner

So we skipped the bow trial. Interesting. I Prefer the sword but hopefully we get the bow later. It sucks to miss it if someone is using Artemios.

I will have a sword for dual wielding with Firion after I get my first excalibur I guess. I can give it to Cecil after I farm my second one.

chrono01

/headscratch

Oh man, this is going to be amazing, haha.

I just got the recipe for the hero ring. I'm trying to make 2 now. just need couple more ice megacryst.
Those damn Ice Megacrysts!

Now that I think about it, since I just recently got Exdeath is there even a need to max lvl Tellah?
Also, I just noticed that Artemios is listed higher than Garland on the exvius wiki and I'm wondering what makes him so special compared to Garland? He doesn't seem all that to me just by looking at the stats.

Dragner

Now that I think about it, since I just recently got Exdeath is there even a need to max lvl Tellah?
Also, I just noticed that Artemios is listed higher than Garland on the exvius wiki and I'm wondering what makes him so special compared to Garland? He doesn't seem all that to me just by looking at the stats.

Basically Barrage. Garland has a lot of awkward magic spells and not that much offensive stuff. But if you can equip him barrage he is way better because double hand. But he needs a lot of setup. Once he gets his 6* Garland will obviously laugh at Artemios.

leehom

I think the summon generator on exviuswiki is broken. Summon 11 got me one locke, three luna's, and two hayate. I could never get that lucky.

Rixa

/headscratch

I guess my current team can handle it then hahaha.

Damn, I might run Lenna anyway. Cheer, Curaja, and her LB heals as well. So only 19 attacks per round - boosted with Cheer ;)

I'll crush him

Oh man, this is going to be amazing, haha.

Those damn Ice Megacrysts!
So would Hyperdrive work? &
Does Full Break stack with Hyperdrive? Iam kunda curious to test with Vaan for FB, Lenna Curaja, Cecil Cura, Kefka Hyper Drive, that how many lix it would take to HD boss back to oblivion.

scarlet

Killers abilities and barrage, and with that bow from trial he'd have more

I think the summon generator on exviuswiki is broken. Summon 11 got me one locke, three luna's, and two hayate. I could never get that lucky.

It hasn't been updated with the 5/25/70 rates.

Heng

So we skipped the bow trial. Interesting. I Prefer the sword but hopefully we get the bow later. It sucks to miss it if someone is using Artemios.
I believe someone said that this boss was before the bow trial in the JP version so we'll probably get it soon.

Tellah is great if you don't have a real tank. He has a high green magic level so he can bring bar- spells. He also has raise, a spell that can deal a decent amount of damage for 4 MP, and most of the -GA spells. He's not really needed as a main mage though if you have Exdeath.

The wiki is ranking the units based on how they are now, and not the 6* version. If you scroll below the chart, you'll see they also included the famistu rating of their 6*. Don't forget Garland has double hand so he basically gets +50% more ATK from his armor/weapon. He lacks Barrage so it would make sense for those units with it to be above him.

Any of you guys have a shared op character I can befriend? 😬
Need for trial boss plz k thx.
I have a Kefka with 302 MAG and in a month he'll have another +30% MAG and Ultima. My ID is 388,551,911 if you want to add me.

scarlet

I believe someone said that this boss was before the bow trial in the JP version so we'll probably get it soon.

Tellah is great if you don't have a real tank. He has a high green magic level so he can bring bar- spells. He also has raise, a spell that can deal a decent amount of damage for 4 MP, and most of the -GA spells. He's not really needed as a main mage though if you have Exdeath.

The wiki is ranking the units based on how they are now, and not the 6* version. If you scroll below the chart, you'll see they also included the famistu rating of their 6*. Don't forget Garland has double hand so he basically gets +50% more ATK from his armor/weapon. He lacks Barrage so it would make sense for those units with it to be above him.

CMIIW.
One thing we have to remember that Garland in JP and global is and will be different in ranking. Cuz we can't stack doublehand unlike in JP

Xion86

Might try get NoX working again, if I can actually uninstall it, just won't seem to start up now. I'm going with 3 Shantottos and 2 Kefkas to begin with, hopefully the two Ribbons come in handy and Shantottos TM's I can equip to my main Kefka. I have a few Golbez too and Luna which would be nice to get their TMs for.

Oh, where was the best place to farm for Hero's Rings materials again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom