• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

scarlet

Might try get NoX working again, if I can actually uninstall it, just won't seem to start up now. I'm going with 3 Shantottos and 2 Kefkas to begin with, hopefully the two Ribbons come in handy and Shantottos TM's I can equip to my main Kefka. I have a few Golbez too and Luna which would be nice to get their TMs for.

Oh, where was the best place to farm for Hero's Rings materials again?

Ice: wolfsfang peak/kolobos marsh

Fire: zadehl westersand

what's a good place to farm mystic ore, grandshelt castle aint cuttin it I tell ya

damn it was a lot easier to get holy crystals than than these ores.

Dragner

Info on FFXIV units. Yshtola is poop. Minfilia is thr best support in the game..she just only buffs allies. But she buffs like crazy. And remember this units will be free.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/wiki/units/485

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/wiki/units/490

Edit: I actually change my opinion on Yshtola she is and ok healer but a good enough attacker with her skill that makes her a glass cannon and dualcast holy. Is a worst Rem but Rem is like the best red mage in the game so great for a free unit.

Rixa

what's a good place to farm mystic ore, grandshelt castle aint cuttin it I tell ya

damn it was a lot easier to get holy crystals than than these ores.

Equip 5 units that has as high as possible TM% (preferably 100%) and run Earth Shrine Entrance, costs 1 nrg per run and you get Mystic Ores as Trust Bonuses.

Malakhov

Banned
Leveling to 80 is pretty slow considering I can only do two adv exp vortex runs at a time.

Will the event this weekend make things easier?

And what are your strategy? Lvl all characters together or one by one?

Celegus

CMIIW.
One thing we have to remember that Garland in JP and global is and will be different in ranking. Cuz we can't stack doublehand unlike in JP

Can he still equip one on top of his innate doublehand for a bonus? Or does that do nothing? I can definitely understand why equipping 4 was all kinds of silly.

Leveling to 80 is pretty slow considering I can only do two adv exp vortex runs at a time.

Will the event this weekend make things easier?

And what are your strategy? Lvl all characters together or one by one?
Cactuar dunes is a godsend, but this abyss dungeon also guarantees a jumbo cactuar as well as the xp obtained from just running the dungeon so the choice is yours

Malakhov

Banned
Cactuar dunes is a godsend, but this abyss dungeon also guarantees a jumbo cactuar as well as the xp obtained from just running the dungeon so the choice is yours
But I got wiped by the siren and my units have just been awaken to 5* and are low lvl 30%. Doubt theyre strong enough yet to take her.

So today I did the 250 pull and got this guy.

x1rCCyV.jpg

I'm super happy right now. But I got a little problem with my TM team. in terms of who to grind out.

This is my current TM grind team. I have one more Bartz waiting in the depths. Should I keep this as is or switch it up. These are all the units I have below.

I think the current team I have is the best choice for my TM farm right now Probably will do shantoto after this. But if you guys have any ideas let me know.

250 pull

Blue crysta... Wait no!

Gold Crystal... Heavy breathing... Tap

4 Star Leo!!!!

Woohooo there is hope left guys! Now i just need Celes and Edgar for my FF6 crew to be complete!

But I got wiped by the siren and my units have just been awaken to 5* and are low lvl 30%. Doubt theyre strong enough yet to take her.
Then yea wait for cactuar dunes and run the adv in between homie

For EscapingJail-

Fuse the chizuru into itself or take one out. If I were u I would try and get that kaiser knuckle (I think thats the name?) from Xiao and work towards Gungnir also cause if u get a Firion, he's fucking set with duel wield. His 6* will slay with the passives of those weps IIRC

scarlet

Grats!!!

When you wake up and realize you didn't clear enough material space for TM Farming over night:

sowsHOV.gif

Happened to me twice.

And be careful when it gives you a reward part of the daily quest.

In my latest script, I give it 10-15 seconds break before and after each click. So, it takes me 2.5 minutes to clear ES entrance. An ideal duration for me.

Only 1 failure so far and it was because I was running out of space.

Dragner

When TM farming after a night I just sell everything I have more than 1 stack, dont keep anything, that basic stuff will drop like crazy everyday Im selling 500 beast meat easily.

Li Kao

Ok, I think this is ample time for me to ask GAF what the fuck I should do with my espers. Seeing that there are no respec options I didn't really invest points in them, but it feel ridiculous after so many hours.

Are there enough points to obtain every skills ?
Or maybe stats are to be privileged ?
I have no idea what to do with these guys and with no respec I'm wary of making a very wrong decision, but fuck it, I'm in the Kolobos, doing S rank arenas, have two or three 6 stars, I think a decision should be had.

Any advice or help would be appreciated.

scarlet

Ok, I think this is ample time for me to ask GAF what the fuck I should do with my espers. Seeing that there are no respec options I didn't really invest points in them, but it feel ridiculous after so many hours.

I have no idea what to do with these guys and with no respec I'm wary of making a very wrong decision, but fuck it, I'm in the Kolobos, doing S rank arenas, have two or three 6 stars, I think a decision should be had.

1. Not enough point
2. I'd go for skills that I really need like provoke from Golem and killer abilities.
3. Just save it until you get them to 2* and decide which way you wanna go.

Iceman829

I decided to remove a bunch of non gaf friends that were sporting Rain/Laswell. If anyone wants to add me my code is 713 130 495. Cloud of Darkness is my leader

There are not enough points to get every skill so yes you must choose carefully. Having said that, each Esper technically has its own speciality and you should be aligning the Esper with the best character type available. Same goes for stat upgrades.

if your boosting magic on Ifrit, you're doing it wrong.

If you're chasing non tank abilities on Golem, you're doing it wrong.

Shiva and Ramuh are for mages/healers

Ifrit is for Phys

Golem is for tanks etc etc

Niahak

Half price daily pull -> Rainbow crystal -> 5* Zidane.
Well, that more than makes up for the Edgar and Lani. I've gotten really lucky overall, although I still don't have a good physical attacker.

I'm looking forward to leveling him up for better (guaranteed, right?) steal chances at lv79. Seems better than Locke for colosseum for sure.

Well, that more than makes up for the Edgar and Lani. I've gotten really lucky overall, although I still don't have a good physical attacker.

I'm looking forward to leveling him up for better (guaranteed, right?) steal chances at lv79. Seems better than Locke for colosseum for sure.

DAYUM

Congratulations man

Lord....I'm done with pulling for now. I have been lucky with my pulls but I'll be damn if I'm wasting any more lapis and getting trolled. Gold Crystal!!! Hype intensifies!!! It's Sabin.....fml.

Im going to keep doing the dailies for the time being

been a great source for New units so far

Yeha getting the Lani was a bummer but everyone else has been solid

Valentus

Info on FFXIV units. Yshtola is poop. Minfilia is thr best support in the game..she just only buffs allies. But she buffs like crazy. And remember this units will be free.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/wiki/units/485

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/wiki/units/490

Edit: I actually change my opinion on Yshtola she is and ok healer but a good enough attacker with her skill that makes her a glass cannon and dualcast holy. Is a worst Rem but Rem is like the best red mage in the game so great for a free unit.

A White mage with innate dual cast with holy, curaja, raise, protecga and shellga is poop?????????

Wat

Valentus

You just used your lightning luck on a 3 star unit

Niahak

Im going to keep doing the dailies for the time being

been a great source for New units so far

Yeha getting the Lani was a bummer but everyone else has been solid

I've been doing it just to get more (inexpensive) pulls. I'd be happy with any phys attacker (and obv Zidane) so I figured it's worth the low chance at getting any of them since it'll probably be ages before one is up for a featured banner.

You just used your lightning luck on a 3 star unit
I'm aware! Hopefully the TM situation gets easier soon so I can at least use Zidane to make a good fighter.

Tried a daily summon (first since day one of WoL banner) and got another of Rob's Edgars. Dang.

Sheeet

Maybe Ill get him tomorrow

Somehow have to get Celes as well

My Locke needs his girl

EDIT: Nice little Trivia. Thought it was super cool that the Limit Breaks for FF6 characters are based off their Desperation attacks (Well not all of them) which is super cool. Many of these abilities no one has ever seen XD

Li Kao

Zidane is a good physical ? I need one, never could pull Chizuru and I think I must have a Zidane somewhere.
My team is Cecil 5 / Kefka 5 / Rain 4 / Laswell 4 / Fina 5. Yeah, the list started nicely, then... and I really need someone who can hit hard when monsters are not magic sensitive.

Zidane is a good physical ? I need one, never could pull Chizuru and I think I must have a Zidane somewhere.
My team is Cecil 5 / Kefka 5 / Rain 4 / Laswell 4 / Fina 5. Yeah, the list started nicely, then... and I really need someone who can hit hard when monsters are not magic sensitive.

At this point Laswell is your best Phys, Zidane unfortunately isn't a reliable Phys attacker.

Celegus

Speaking of Edgar, is it worth keeping dupes of him or Carrie for whatever that auto bowgun combo insanity was about someone posted? Or not worth the effort?

Ehh

He has high counter but with his weapon choice and lack of powerful abilities he needs help to boost him in the damage department

Almost better off dumping good materia into Lasswell untill you get a physical focused unit

That said... Dragoons, Thieves and Ninjas need a serious rework along with various weapons and abilities

Gumi didnt do enough to diversify viable strategies in their meta is seems

Something silly I noticed. Krille can equip level 5 Black magic. Her trust master reward is a level 6 Black Magic spell. That means she can't use her own reward, right?...at least Shadow has that going for him
except he should have had throw to begin with given it was special command in FFVI...not that throw is even worth using in this game but its the principle.

Is anyone going for the dragon, stone and some other monster killer tm from the fp units? Is it even worth going for it when there's better tm to farm? So far, it seems like rizer 10% hp is the best. What about camouflage?
You don't farm FP units by running them in dungeons (unless your premium pulls are non-existent). Since you can pull a lot more of them you just fuse them to get the TMR. Still many of the base 2* ones are all too scarce a find (Montana, Shiki and Mel in particular for me) so it might take a lot of FP which is why many people have bought a lot of extra friend slots to have a nice source of passive FP income.

Reddit (I know...) recommend getting the following TM from the FP units; killer abilities, camouflage, raging fist, sunbeam and HP+10%

Dragner

A White mage with innate dual cast with holy, curaja, raise, protecga and shellga is poop?????????

Wat

Man I wrote an edit later, I think she is good now, misread her skills first time, didnt see dualcast or her selfbuff stuff, just saw she didnt have boosting passives or support stuff and that made me think that first time.

Forgive me :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom