• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragner

Yeah of course if he's doing more than just running earth shrine every five minutes then his percentages could be anything. But assuming he's just running ES and that his Zidanes started at 0% I'm not seeing how he's got one at almost 25% after just 5 days of grinding 20 hours/day.

Technically if you have it running non-stop every 5 minutes and you'd barely average 3% a day. Unless there's a way to grind faster that I'm not seeing!

We get a lot of extra energy every day that helps, I also spent every lapis I earn on daily login and quest on refresh so 1.5 refresh each day. And also leveled twice while doing this so far.

Mipcgamer

It's not even like you get 0.1% each run either :( just did 4 runs and not even a 0.1% increase, and if I do it's only one character if that, unless I'm really unlucky. Takes quite a few rounds for me to get a 0.1%
I'm going with 3 Shantottos and 2 Kefkas for this run.

Yeah, it is really brutal and still totally random, you can get some good streaks.
It adds up though, and you start seeing the light at the end of the tunnel I guess.
Definitely is a task for an automatic process, so you can forget about it and do something else :)

Dragner

Yeah, it is really brutal and still totally random, you can get some good streaks.
It adds up though, and you start seeing the light at the end of the tunnel I guess.
Definitely is a task for an automatic process, so you can forget about it and do something else :)

I saw once the unicorn, took a glance at the emulator and watched all 5 units triggering the TM up. Was beautiful. Then I watch a ton of times where noone levels but hey...

Anyone got the napkin math handy for the total amount of TM needed per unit for 5 Luna's to access Barrage? Just got my 5th Luna and need to get this out of the way. I'm on the iOS, any suggestions for automating this?

Thank you Heng and Valus for the napkin math. Off to work on that 16%.

Chiiiiiilllllyyyyyy!! Save me senpai! Share the dark secrets!

Heng

Anyone got the napkin math handy for the total amount of TM needed per unit for 5 Luna's to access Barrage? Just got my 5th Luna and need to get this out of the way. I'm on the iOS, any suggestions for automating this?
You get 5% per Luna if you fuse them together so it'll give you 20%. That means 80% is the total you need between the 5 Lunas which is 16%.

Valus

16% TM x 5 Lunas = 80%

You get 5% for each time you fuse them so fusing four into your main one will generate the final 20%.

There's something calls Andy you can use to automate the grind on iOS. Ask Chilly or CCIE about it.

Aurizen

You can in theory since mag does calculate a small percentage of healing; but given her SPR stat and MP pool it might be better to stick two silver armlets or other SPR boosting accessories on her.

Doesn't do anything for her. Spirit enhances healing, and not even by a lot.

Ah I see I'll just get stuff that increases SPR then.

Not soon enough >.<

When did japan get the updated vortex?

I use my phone for so many other things I can't devote TM grinding to it. Every once in a while I'll do earth shrine runs while watching a movie while barely having to glance at the game, but otherwise I don't have it in me. I really wish I could though because these TM rewards are insanely good. I keep trying to convince myself that they aren't the best things ever but they kinda are lol. I'll get mine in a year I guess.

Dragner

I use my phone for so many other things I can't devote TM grinding to it. Every once in a while I'll do earth shrine runs while watching a movie while barely having to glance at the game, but otherwise I don't have it in me. I really wish I could though because these TM rewards are insanely good. I keep trying to convince myself that they aren't the best things ever but they kinda are lol. I'll get mine in a year I guess.

Well get Trust moogles eventually so at least everyone can get one or 2 TMs easily.

Shouta

They are something we need to farm? I assumed they were going to be a unit like cactaurs.

They're event rewards and treated like cactaurs albeit much rarer. You get them either by trading X number of currency (typically 30,000) or beating the highest difficulty of an event.

Usually limited to 1 per event

They're event rewards and treated like cactaurs albeit much rarer. You get them either by trading X number of currency (typically 30,000) or beating the highest difficulty of an event.

Usually limited to 1 per event

Awww laaaaaame. Then again, I understand them not wanting gamers to master every TM in one weekend ha

Shouta

On new units:

Y'shtola - Basically Rem with a slightly different moveset. Doesn't have Rem's AOE Esuna but has a single target 100% heal that works better than Curaja/Curaga x2 in certain situations. Her offensive abilities are sort of in a similar situation as well.

Minfillia - The better version of Soliel. Lots of great support abilities though her best one is her last one that prevents all status effects when you cast it. Her individual element buffs are better than COD's Veil but you can only cast one per turn because it's an ability, not magic.

Thancred - Lots of abilities that are nice making him a decent enough 5 star attacker but he also has really poor stats overall. He's the filler unit in the FFXIV gatcha this time. His trust master kinda sucks but considering how many players will get of him, it'll be nice to have a ton of 10% HP/Attack ones, lol

Majin Fina (Swimsuit) - Basically Majin Fina but with additional Water abilities and a bit more MP from what it looks like. Her TM is good too though very much limited in use because it's women only, lol

Fina (Swimsuit) - What Fina's 6-star form should look like when it comes + water support abilities. Not bad

Rid (Swimsuit) - Same as her normal version plus the water stuff. Not very good overall which is a shame because she probably has the best sprite of the 3, heh.

Pejo

So I was thinking what my ultimate global team would be right now if I had every character but no Trust Masteries completed outside of FP ones.

-Lenna
-Chizuru
-CoD
-Vaan

That much I know for sure. The thing I'm not sure is my 5th unit. Do you take a mage for those stupid Stone type enemies, or do you go Bartz for a full break/cheer/barrage all out madness?

Valentus

tm3urxyr.png

We almost there bitch

wohoo!

Nox is setup

Now I can trust farm nightly.. at least i hope. Any risk should the macro continue after a disconnect or other weird issue? (like pop ups during midnight reset)

Heng

wohoo!

Nox is setup

Now I can trust farm nightly.. at least i hope. Any risk should the macro continue after a disconnect or other weird issue? (like pop ups during midnight reset)
There's one at midnight (or whenever the dailies reset) that pops up. Other than that, there's the item full pop up and, depending on how much time you put in between the runs, an energy depleted pop up.

Don't forget there's a maintenance tonight.

Damn

So how do you guys avoid the midnight reset?

I suppose i can just run it till midnight :/

I should have set this up a long time ago

It's worse for us on the east coast! The reset is at 3 in the morning!!

We get around it by pinpointing the exact location where the pop up for story quests is going to be and making "phantom clicks" in that spot, knowing full well that it will only be relevant once and that all the rest of the time it will be clicking blank space.

We get around it by pinpointing the exact location where the pop up for story quests is going to be and making "phantom clicks" in that spot, knowing full well that it will only be relevant once and that all the rest of the time it will be clicking blank space.

Hahaha i was thinking that was the solution.

I am also east coast (EST) so ill need to figure out avoidance tactics

Is the reset pop up predictable? Like only occurs after a reward screen?

Also does anyone know maintenance time EST for tonight?

Aurizen

whats the reset? What happens?

It looks like maintenance starts the same time as the reset so im telling my macro to cut off before then

Shpuld get a solid 7 hours im hoping

Valus

Guys, it's not that bad.

Reset is at 4am Eastern so just set your macro with some extra clicks after the materials tab to close the pop up and you're set.

SeZMehK

I rarely play so I decided to do a daily discount pull. I pulled a 5* zidane :O. Now I feel like playing again.

wohoo!

Nox is setup

Can I get the instructions on how to set up Nox?

So I was thinking what my ultimate global team would be right now if I had every character but no Trust Masteries completed outside of FP ones.

-Lenna
-Chizuru
-CoD
-Vaan

That much I know for sure. The thing I'm not sure is my 5th unit. Do you take a mage for those stupid Stone type enemies, or do you go Bartz for a full break/cheer/barrage all out madness?

My team is that +Kefka also I have barrage TM on Vaan for after his fullbreak on bosses.

Hahaha i was thinking that was the solution.

I am also east coast (EST) so ill need to figure out avoidance tactics

Is the reset pop up predictable? Like only occurs after a reward screen?

Also does anyone know maintenance time EST for tonight?

Well slightly different since I'm using Andy, which is for Mac *coughmacsrockcough* instead of Vox, but the principle is the same.

The story quest daily reward Triggers after the third story mission is completed. The pop up takes place on the reward items screen always in the exact same place. What's important is you take into account how large or small you have your "screen" if you shrink or enlarge the screen after creating the macro, your clicks might fall into the wrong area

You can of course set a timer as well, though that would work differently.

scarlet

Well slightly different since I'm using Andy, which is for Mac *coughmacsrockcough* instead of Nox, but the principle is the same.

The story quest daily reward Triggers after the third story mission is completed. The pop up takes place on the reward items screen always in the exact same place. What's important is you take into account how large or small you have your "screen" if you shrink or enlarge the screen after creating the macro, your clicks might fall into the wrong area

You can of course set a timer as well, though that would work differently.

Nox! You silly

And there will be a summer emperor for you
in 2020

So Ten Hours of Nox shpuld be what

At least 1.2% per unit on average a night?

Rough either way but combine it with natural play over a few months and im set.

Nox! You silly

And there will be a summer emperor for you
in 2020

latest

So Ten Hours of Nox shpuld be what

At least 1.2% per unit on average a night?

Rough either way but combine it with natural play over a few months and im set.

ROUGHLY yes.

Should I give my 2 hero ring to Golbez first? My party is Rain, Lasswell, Lenna, Tellah, Golbez.

Tellah should have a higher base MAG stat then Golbez.

Aurizen

latest

ROUGHLY yes.

Tellah should have a higher base MAG stat then Golbez.

Hmmm I believe by 1 point. he isn't maxed out yet but I think it'll be slightly stronger. Also dumb question... How do you know the base stat without taking their entire equipment off? subtract the stat from the green increased number?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom