• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, I won't bother with a ticket, I figured it was a translation error at best. Thanks

Am I missing something? I don't see the whole trust farming with awesome rewards that great when it's being botted.

I'm not bot farming, but it seriously is the only way to get it done. I know the devs didn't intend for it to be that way, but people including myself want those rewards ASAP.

Dragner

That and it looks like a fucking unity game with Microsoft Flight Simulator controls.

You never answered when I asked how often you're farming!!

Everyday, 18-20 hours. I just want to farm as much as I can now before we have some meaningful content. Still have to play the new island...will wait until they release diabolos.

I'm not falling for these pulls, no way I'm wasting lapis on a shit banner. Staying strong!

so, this is like 3D version of Brave Exvius.
Dissidia Final Fantasy Opera Omnia
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=86&v=48WHqnFT9OQ

Shame it is not the Dissidia that we want.
But there is Seifer which mean Squall & Rinoa will be available from the get go. Cloud and Tifa too.

Somehow SE lately have step up their mobile division. Between classic FF IP to their western IP like Tomb Raider Go, Hitman Sniper, etc.
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

When does it hit the west???

Dragner

I just looked at some of my units and where their trust is at. Highest is with Kuja at 1.9%. This is gonna take months to get that Flare. :(

TMs are supposed to be a really long term reward, at some point we will get Trust moogles to help, other than that TM farming using a macro is the only realistic way of getting TMs.

Celegus

no, the emulator goes smooth and doesnt eat a lot of resources, I have a pretty decent gaming PC tho.

Yeah mine could care less about running Nox. Can leave it up and running while playing other games and have a bunch of other programs going too. No slowdown, no overheating, etc. My PC is decent with a i5 4590 cpu and R9 380 gpu, but a far cry from what a lot of people around here might have.

so, this is like 3D version of Brave Exvius.
Dissidia Final Fantasy Opera Omnia
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=86&v=48WHqnFT9OQ

Shame it is not the Dissidia that we want.
But there is Seifer which mean Squall & Rinoa will be available from the get go. Cloud and Tifa too.

Somehow SE lately have step up their mobile division. Between classic FF IP to their western IP like Tomb Raider Go, Hitman Sniper, etc.

That looks pretty good though i wish they could have pushed the graphics to be the PSP models

Way to cllse to the blocky 3DS renditions for my liking

Pbae

Yeah mine could care less about running Nox. Can leave it up and running while playing other games and have a bunch of other programs going too. No slowdown, no overheating, etc. My PC is decent with a i5 4590 cpu and R9 380 gpu, but a far cry from what a lot of people around here might have.

I like to use my Pentium 3 powered Sony VAIO with its blisteringly fast 200Mhz front side bus and authentic Windows 98 for TM grinding.

It's far more efficient since the technology is so similar to the 16bit sprites that this game uses.

Lyrian

I like to use my Pentium 3 powered Sony VAIO with its blisteringly fast 200Mhz front side bus and authentic Windows 98 for TM grinding.

It's far more efficient since the technology is so similar to the 16bit sprites that this game uses.

ROFLMAO!

Dragner

started a japan account just for reroll for fun and giggles...rolled Summer Majin Fina on 3rd ticket. Also wtf Japan gives like 30 pulls right off the bat. The rest of the units pure garbage like here, best unit a 4* Rydia xD. So gacha is not that different.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Playing another game of Spin to Win today.

Can we top my last week pulls?

In 6 pulls last week, I got Chizzy Chan, CoD, Firion, and Garland.

My JPN account in 18 pulls netted me not a single 6* character. With best being Terra. Only non-common character.

This week, find out what I get!

For Global
1. Rydia
2. Kain... off a yellow!
3. Mariaaaa
4. Golbez!
5. Freya!
6. VivaSan
7. Kain the sequel.

So compared to my stellar luck last week. I lost.

Next up, JPN

1. Lenna
2. Swimsuit Fina... Yellow
3. Lido
4. Krile
5. Cyan
6. Shanotto
7. Edgar
8. Refia(?), So yay!
9. Bedile
10. Lido
11. Xaio
12. Locke
13. Russel
14. Lani
15. The Green mage one
16. Lido
17. Clyne
18. Edgar
19. Rydia
20. Lani
21. Lido
22. Kain.
23. Analzem
24. Lido
25. Lani
26. Lido
27. Ldio... Cat girl?
28. Shadow

chrono01

Got exdeath as daily pull! Should be happy but now im wondering what to do with tellah...

Haven't maxed Tellah yet, awoken to 5 stars and at lvl 55 since i worked on WoL, Bartz and Lenna first.

Scrap tellah and lvl exdeath or leave it be? :(
Congrats on the Exdeath.

Also, what are you thinking? LEVEL HIM UP ASAP!! Drop that Tellah like it's a Lani.

So half price pull...fucking chizzy-san!!! Waaaaaaat
Congrats to you too!

I used up all my tickets in a moment of weakness. I really really wanted a Zidane for his Dual Wield.

First Pull is a yellow crystal (Please be Garnet, Freya, or Zidane!)...VIVI! Fuck...

Second pull is a Rakshasa (I didn't even know this character existed)...

Third Pull is YEEEELLLLLOOOOOWWWWWW!!!! RYDIA!!!! Ugh, trolled.

Last Ticket and last pull is blue...that turns into yellow...AND IT TURNS RAINBOW!!!...

BdshJiSm.png

Bless Jehova!
\o/!

TMs are supposed to be a really long term reward, at some point we will get Trust moogles to help, other than that TM farming using a macro is the only realistic way of getting TMs.
Yeah, I'm not using macro's or anything to farm TM, I'm just getting them as they naturally come. I know it'll be a long time, but I'm not in a hurry or anything. It's not as though the current content needs fully max'd (and TM'd) characters or anything.

I am interested in those Trust Moogles, though.

Lyrian

Took another ill-advised pull because I really an excuse to burn off those energy potions because I had already evolved Kuja to 5* and really wasn't looking to dump 38 jumbos into him.

Umm.... a rainbow? Seriously? Looks pretty at least, especially the shattering effect. That was cool.

Did I get the mythical character I wanted? Nope! Of course not. (Actually, I don't want a rainbow Garnet for LB leveling purposes.)

All I got was a lowsy
Warrior of Light.

I guess I could be bothered to level that one up, I suppose. Fair consolation prize for 8 bad rolls in row.

Aurizen

I use to really want ExDeath but now I'm seeing Kefka as a better unit from his raw magic power and unmitigated spell.I'd love to get him and get rid of Tellah.

chrono01

I use to really want ExDeath but now I'm seeing Kefka as a better unit from his raw magic power and unmitigated spell.I'd love to get him and get rid of Tellah.
Right now, Kefka is better than Exdeath. When Exdeath gets his 6* however, things will be quite different (unless Kefka's 6* has something we don't know about yet).

Both are great, though. Can't lose either way!

what-the-fuck-did-you-say.jpg

Took another ill-advised pull because I really an excuse to burn off those energy potions because I had already evolved Kuja to 5* and really wasn't looking to dump 38 jumbos into him.

Umm.... a rainbow? Seriously? Looks pretty at least, especially the shattering effect. That was cool.

Did I get the mythical character I wanted? Nope! Of course not. (Actually, I don't want a rainbow Garnet for LB leveling purposes.)

All I got was a lowsy
Warrior of Light.

I guess I could be bothered to level that one up, I suppose. Fair consolation prize for 8 bad rolls in row.

Grats!!!!!!!!!

Valentus

All I got was a lowsy
Warrior of Light.

very good my man! everybody has WoL!!
except CCIE

It was that or that jobber garnet. You got the real deal.

Lyrian

very good my man! everybody has WoL!!
except CCIE

It was that or that jobber garnet. You got the real deal.

At the minimum, that filled in the last major hole on my team composition. Not completely best of the best, but very solid now with FB/Barrage/Curaja/Raise and room to throw extras on the team as needed.

Just took a serious look at the Reddit wiki on his 6* form. Holy mother of moogles. He's serious business at 5*, but all the crazy skills he learns at 6* is just outright stupid. Who thought that these skills are actually balanced?

Umm..... I'm okay with this, lol?

Chilly said:
How many tickets do you have left Lyrian?

Right this second.... 16 tickets left, + 14.1k lapis. Freebie ticket tomorrow for completing the login calendar for August.

Lyrian

I'm kind of becoming lukewarm on Kefka's Hyperdrive. As that was my first big damage ability, I thought that it was godly at the time.

Nowadays, I'm adopting a mindset that its not that great and merely passable. Two problems that I see:

1) It costs 35 mana to cast and what you get for that isn't very good in the long run. On the plus side, it can't be resisted. On the downside, 35 mana spells will run you out of mana quick in any protracted fight. It's good if the opponent can die very quickly. But, if the fight extends beyond 5 rounds or so, Kefka will already be running on fumes.

2) Non-elemental damage is a blessing and a curse. Plus: As noted above, it can't be resisted. Minus: Non-elemental means that you can't take advantage of elemental weaknesses or elemental chains. That's a lot of lost potential damage.

Moving forward, I'd rather Elemental Chain -aga spells rather than Hyperdriving, if the enemy has elemental weaknesses for both higher damage and better mana efficiency.

Lyrian

Looks like Garnet is the better white mage, but Lenna is better for support because of Cheer. BUT, Garnet has curaga and raise....

Damn, tough decision. I think Lenna is better for now.

Garnet also is the fastest summoner in the game at 5*, as she learns innate 2x limit crystal drops, and can potentially fill her limit bar every single round from zero to empty.

That said, as Garnet does not have a 6* form yet (she surely will as a 4* base), she does possess areas of opportunity. As Leehom stated, if you have a physical based team, Lenna's Cheer could be more useful, especially if you have a Tellah to provide Raise as a backup healer.

When Garnet gets her 6* form, she is going to be rather potent. And, the longer it takes for her 6* form to be announced, the more powerful it will be because of power creep.

Garnet also is the fastest summoner in the game at 5*, as she learns innate 2x limit crystal drops, and can potentially fill her limit bar every single round from zero to empty.

That said, as Garnet does not have a 6* form yet (she surely will as a 4* base), she does possess areas of opportunity. As Leehom stated, if you have a physical based team, Lenna's Cheer could be more useful, especially if you have a Tellah to provide Raise as a backup healer.

When Garnet gets her 6* form, she is going to be rather potent. And, the longer it takes for her 6* form to be announced, the more powerful it will be because of power creep.

Enough to rival Refia even? :)

Lyrian

Enough to rival Refia even? :)

Spell/Abilities - Yes. If she ends up the same as Refia, than that will be a huge disappointment.

Limit Break - No. Refia's limit break is just crazy. For Garnet, I'm not sure what else they can do for her LB (she has the same LB as Rydia at 5*, but also gets the bonus benefit of High Tide). With that, Garnet can fill the limit bar in as few as 5 crystals and generates up to 10 per round herself (kinda broken there). Still, that's no equivalent to Refia's LB unless an esper is created that generates the same effect.

Then again, Refia is a pure White Mage, while Garnet is a White Mage/Summoner hybrid.

CCIE

Banned
Lyrian - Congrats on WoL. I've come to terms with the fact I will never pull him. I'm trying to resist 1/2 price pulls because I am trying to build back from literally nothing since I wasted it all chasing WoL. I figure I will pull once more possibly on the last day of the banner. Depends on what is next I guess. And 1/2 pulls have been crap to me so far, but you give me hope.

Chilly - your first Chorizo I think. Congrats!

I've been gone all weekend - getaway with the hubby. Run enough Cactuars that all my units I like are maxed with the possible exception of Kain. Even Krile and Rydia, waiting on 5*. Happy eventually I won't have to worry about 4* garbage pulls - am the absolute queen of those. Terra and Kefka getting 6* is awesome news. May have to level that second Kefka for kicks since I have no more decent units to level.

Lyrian - Congrats on WoL. I've come to terms with the fact I will never pull him. I'm trying to resist 1/2 price pulls because I am trying to build back from literally nothing since I wasted it all chasing WoL. I figure I will pull once more possibly on the last day of the banner. Depends on what is next I guess. And 1/2 pulls have been crap to me so far, but you give me hope.

Chilly - your first Chorizo I think. Congrats!

I've been gone all weekend - getaway with the hubby. Run enough Cactuars that all my units I like are maxed with the possible exception of Kain. Even Krile and Rydia, waiting on 5*. Happy eventually I won't have to worry about 4* garbage pulls - am the absolute queen of those. Terra and Kefka getting 6* is awesome news. May have to level that second Kefka for kicks since I have no more decent units to level.

Chorizo bahaha

Was wonderin where you were girl!

Eidjinn

started a japan account just for reroll for fun and giggles...rolled Summer Majin Fina on 3rd ticket. Also wtf Japan gives like 30 pulls right off the bat. The rest of the units pure garbage like here, best unit a 4* Rydia xD. So gacha is not that different.

This... is not going to end well... (I started playing around with Exvius JP... and now I'm with two accounts.)

First jp account:

Rain
Amarant
Cloud of Death
Vargas
Lenna

Second jp account:

Rain
Bikini Majin Fina
Cloud of Death
WoL
Guy (although it's written "Gay")

Not only that, but there's a fun thing going on is jp: you go against Dark Ifrit (I think) and you earn bronze medals... which can be used to roll rare (and apparently really awesome) units.

Lyrian

Welcome back! Glad your trip was enjoyable.

I was not expecting WoL at all. Of course, that's when someone will pull him. I had already made my peace and bam, there he was. One day, you will trip over him trying to pull someone else on complete accident.

Next banner is a "player's choice banner". Kefka, Lenna, CoD, Chizuru, WoL.

Nodody knows what the rates are going to be, after Gumi through a double curveball on these last two banners.

CCIE

Banned
Was out of town all week for work, but my hubby met me at the airport when I got back with tickets to Cabo and my passport. I had no spare clothes, which I'm sure he knew. Been on the beach the last few days just enjoying each other's company and margaritas, after I bought a swimsuit ;)

At the airport to go back home now, and he's taking a nap

Was out of town all week for work, but my hubby met me at the airport when I got back with tickets to Cabo and my passport. I had no spare clothes, which I'm sure he knew. Been on the beach the last few days just enjoying each other's company and margaritas, after I bought a swimsuit ;)

At the airport to go back home now, and he's taking a nap

Gah, sooo lucky!! Hate you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom