• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maledict

So now that the content has been out longer, what's better for Ice Mega farming? Woflsgang? or the new Beach?

New beach for me by far. Seems to have a much higher drop rate, is a straight line run, and can be auto-battled through mindlessly as it doesn't have those stupid, physical resistant gravestones in it.

New beach for me by far. Seems to have a much higher drop rate, is a straight line run, and can be auto-battled through mindlessly as it doesn't have those stupid, physical resistant gravestones in it.

Cool, thanks. Farmed a bunch of Fire and now need the Ice to go with it.

Lyrian

Cool, thanks. Farmed a bunch of Fire and now need the Ice to go with it.

Beach is generally better as a total package. Not completely sold that it drops more ice megas than Wolfsgang or the Marsh, but it is a hell of a lot easier to farm by far. Strong rank xp per run is a big plus as well.

Eidjinn

Im not doing anything else in the game outside of dailies on the lowest energy possible stages so its normal. Im 100% commited and emulator is running basically all day, also spending all lapis we are getting on refreshes since im not pulling on this crappy banners.

I'm actually losing a few hours of the day due to day annoying "Dayly Quest completed". Server restarts 5 in the morning for me, damm!

I'm actually saving lapis and those stamina bottles, so... I guess I'm getting a good average!

ps: by the way, I was saying you were cheating! I'm just really impressed!

chrono01

You know, after getting my 2nd Lani yesterday. I decided to use my daily pull Lapis (200) to Slots and will do the rest of month. More unit & eq slots and some materia slots too.
This is actually a really smart thing to do. More slots will be invaluable in the future, so best to get that done now while the rates are still bad.

Is that half off banner a permanent thing?

I was able to roll Zidane with today's half off roll.
Congrats on the Zidane. I want him.

Maybe I'll get lucky and snag him while I fail to get Lightning.

All I want is zidane.... :(
We all want a Zidane. :(

Beach is generally better as a total package. Not completely sold that it drops more ice megas than Wolfsgang or the Marsh, but it is a hell of a lot easier to farm by far. Strong rank xp per run is a big plus as well.
So the beach drops Fire Megacrysts too? I'd love it if I could get a one-stop shop for farming these things.

Lyrian

Whenever I feel like my day is starting to go bad, all I need to do is just turn to Reddit. After a few minutes, I don't feel anywhere near as bad anymore.

Pray sir or madam, can you tell me if some random 5* base that won't be released for at least 4-6 months in Global will be future proof?

Which Altema 95+ rating unit is the best to save up for, because that is the only unit I want to pull in this game and I need to save up all my tickets and lapis to pull that unit only!

My mathematically convoluted way to perform <action> is marginally more efficient than the standard method everyone for obtaining <thing>, therefore everyone else is an idiot and bask in my superiority!

I swear at this point, I think at least half of Reddit is just trolling everyone who asks the first two questions for the laughs.

The last point is equally laughable. Grats to the person who found out that yes, the Beach in Dirnado can be used as superior powerleveling zone for units because it is easy. But, of course, fully clearing an exploration takes 15-20 minutes versus 30 seconds in ADV Vortex or Cactaur Dunes. Several pages of arguing ensued.

If I was still younger, I'd weep for humanity. Nowadays, nah. Where's that kermit sipping tea gif?

Lyrian

So the beach drops Fire Megacrysts too? I'd love it if I could get a one-stop shop for farming these things.

Fire comes from the Dwarven Forge exploration on Dirnado. Great rank xp there (equal to 2* esper farming), but a pain in the ass to navigate for the nodes (on the other hand, if all you want is the rank xp, its another straight line like the beach) as they are well off the beaten path. Plus, bombs everywhere :/. Westersand is still the easier run for fire megas.

Whenever I feel like my day is starting to go bad, all I need to do is just turn to Reddit. After a few minutes, I don't feel anywhere near as bad anymore.

Pray sir or madam, can you tell me if some random 5* base that won't be released for at least 4-6 months in Global will be future proof?

Which Altema 95+ rating unit is the best to save up for, because that is the only unit I want to pull in this game and I need to save up all my tickets and lapis to pull that unit only!

My mathematically convoluted way to perform <action> is marginally more efficient than the standard method everyone for obtaining <thing>, therefore everyone else is an idiot and bask in my superiority!

I swear at this point, I think at least half of Reddit is just trolling everyone who asks the first two questions for the laughs.

The last point is equally laughable. Grats to the person who found out that yes, the Beach in Dirnado can be used as superior powerleveling zone for units because it is easy. But, of course, fully clearing an exploration takes 15-20 minutes versus 30 seconds in ADV Vortex or Cactaur Dunes. Several pages of arguing ensued.

If I was still younger, I'd weep for humanity. Nowadays, nah. Where's that kermit sipping tea gif?

giphy.gif

chrono01

Fire comes from the Dwarven Forge exploration on Dirnado. Great rank xp there (equal to 2* esper farming), but a pain in the ass to navigate for the nodes (on the other hand, if all you want is the rank xp, its another straight line like the beach) as they are well off the beaten path. Plus, bombs everywhere :/. Westersand is still the easier run for fire megas.
Thanks!

I guess I'll stick with Westersand then, until something better comes up. I really just want the Fire Megacrysts (I need more Hero Rings ASAP!).

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Didn't think a question on facebook would result in black choppers paranoia and facebook data mining.

I'm actually losing a few hours of the day due to day annoying "Dayly Quest completed". Server restarts 5 in the morning for me, damm!

I'm actually saving lapis and those stamina bottles, so... I guess I'm getting a good average!

ps: by the way, I was saying you were cheating! I'm just really impressed!

As long as it doesn't max out. You're not losing anything. Typically, I don't mind it. Since I keep a tight window, once that comes around. It lets me Energy get to a point where I can run my dailies.

Thanks!

I guess I'll stick with Westersand then, until something better comes up. I really just want the Fire Megacrysts (I need more Hero Rings ASAP!).

I've had pretty good luck with Westersand these past two days. I got 20 Megas rather quickly. I had a couple times where I went a couple runs with nada but then the game would give me multiple after that to make up for it. I was mad after three runs in a row with nothing and then the game gave me 5 on the next run haha Just stick with it and they'll rack up.

As for Ice, I did three runs on the beach and only the first node ever gave me one but it did so all three times so I can't complain about getting one each time and I'll love the rank xp since I'm playing catch up on rank level.

chrono01

I've had pretty good luck with Westersand these past two days. I got 20 Megas rather quickly. I had a couple times where I went a couple runs with nada but then the game would give me multiple after that to make up for it. I was mad after three runs in a row with nothing and then the game gave me 5 on the next run haha Just stick with it and they'll rack up.

As for Ice, I did three runs on the beach and only the first node ever gave me one but it did so all three times so I can't complain about getting one each time and I'll love the rank xp since I'm playing catch up on rank level.
Sounds good!

I'll probably farm myself a few FMC and then head on over to the beach for those IMC and Rank XP. Truth be told, I need to increase my rank a bit too, so that'll be another benefit spending some time there.

Maxed my Exdeath, Golbez, Kefka, WoL, Lenna, Cecil, and Terra. Got my Celes to 4* and banking cactuars for her and 4* Tellah (who needs Sacred Crystals...). Got 5* Zidane to 60. Did a #yolo pull... rainbow crystal... 5* Gilbert.

I think I'm going to burn Lapis on cactuars to get my 5* Locke to 80, just so I can share a useful unit for you all.

Valentus

Maxed my Exdeath, Golbez, Kefka, WoL, Lenna, Cecil, and Terra. Got my Celes to 4* and banking cactuars for her and 4* Tellah (who needs Sacred Crystals...). Got 5* Zidane to 60. Did a #yolo pull... rainbow crystal... 5* Gilbert.

I think I'm going to burn Lapis on cactuars to get my 5* Locke to 80, just so I can share a useful unit for you all.

it really doesnt matter much at this point of the game what unit you put as leader, the important thing is send daily gifts everyday

Eidjinn

Didn't think a question on facebook would result in black choppers paranoia and facebook data mining.

As long as it doesn't max out. You're not losing anything. Typically, I don't mind it. Since I keep a tight window, once that comes around. It lets me Energy get to a point where I can run my dailies.

Actually, that is a nice logic! XD

Freed up 3 spots

077 602 847

Shontoko?
If yes, than I sent you a friend request!

Zafir

Since were posting codes, if anyone is in need of a 285ATK Chizuru or a daily gift.

I think I've already added quite a lot of people on here, but I'm sure I've missed some.

Lyrian

Sent invites to everyone who wasn't full already.

Is it bad karma to kick GAF'ers off a friend list if they are becoming long-term inactive?

Lyrian

My bottom 2 are Gaffers, at 4 and 7 days respectively.

Would rather give the spots to new gaffers that actually are active.

leehom

You guys know that it'll make macro'ing a little more difficult if your FL isn't full?

When you run out of friends, it'll use randoms. After the battle, a prompt will pop up asking if you want to friend them.

chrono01

Is it bad karma to kick GAF'ers off a friend list if they are becoming long-term inactive?
I have a rule of around a week (maybe a little more, depending) before I remove a GAF member from my Friend List. The way I figure, if they haven't logged in for that long, or made a post here saying why they've been away, in that time-frame then they're probably not too serious about the game.

I hate doing it, but when Friend slots are limited, there's not much you can do. :(

scarlet

Around 3% each day. In the end of 3rd day it supposed to be around 9-10%.

Hopefully it'd be finished before Friday.

And the thoughts of running only 1 unit for TM still haunting me.

Azuran

Banned
I hate TM farming because my Nox keeps randomly crashing after a while, clicks that have worked 4643 times before suddenly don't register for some reason pretty much screwing everything up, and I also have other games to play to pay full attention to this so I forget about it for hours.

At this point I might as well just wait for trust moogles.

Zafir

I genuinely can't be bothered with trust grinding. I don't care enough about the rewards to mess about with macros. I mean after all with current content it's not like you need them.

hitmon

I finally beat S-5 Frost Dragon at Rank 47. Special thanks to wilstreak and Lyrian for their advice!

Team:
Exdeath
Fina
Artemios
Kefka
Celes

It was a close one.. It started off rough when Exdeath got confused within 2 turns. I tried using Kefka to attack Exdeath, but mistakenly hit the button and wasted a physical attack on the dragon. Fina already used a cura so Artemios was forced to attack and almost killing Exdeath (weakness) to avoid confusion. Luckily he survived and I was able to use Celes to cura the team. My main physical damage dealer Artemios goes down half way through the fight. Fina goes down as the dragon's health goes red and I'm just left with Celes with enough mana to run one more focus or cura. Kefka is out of mana with hyperdrive, but was able to stack elemental damage with his Fira and Exdeath's Firaga to do enough damage to finish the dragon off. It was like sweating bullets in Top Gun as it got to the Danger Zone and fist pumping once victory was achieved.

Cheer + Focus really helped. I'm also glad I grinded out and I threw an +20% MP on Kefka and +10%MAG on Exdeath.

1/2 Summon pull of the Day was 4* Shadow.

Lyrian

I finally beat S-5 Frost Dragon at Rank 47. Special thanks to wilstreak and Lyrian for their advice!

Team:
Exdeath
Fina
Artemios
Kefka
Celes

It was a close one.. It started off rough when Exdeath got confused within 2 turns. I tried using Kefka to attack Exdeath, but mistakenly hit the button and wasted a physical attack on the dragon. Fina already used a cura so Artemios was forced to attack and almost killing Exdeath (weakness) to avoid confusion. Luckily he survived and I was able to use Celes to cura the team. My main physical damage dealer Artemios goes down half way through the fight. Fina goes down as the dragon's health goes red and I'm just left with Celes with enough mana to run one more focus or cura. Kefka is out of mana with hyperdrive, but was able to stack elemental damage with his Fira and Exdeath's Firaga to do enough damage to finish the dragon off. It was like sweating bullets in Top Gun as it got to the Danger Zone and fist pumping once victory was achieved.

Cheer + Focus really helped. I'm also glad I grinded out and I threw an +20% MP on Kefka and +10%MAG on Exdeath.

Grats on the epic win!

That really sounded like almost the same play-by-play as my winning run. At some point, you realize that Hyperdrive wasn't going to cut it, everyone is running on fumes, and your main physical DPS gets cheap shotted halfway through the fight.

And then, at the end, you gamble it all on a hail mary that does just barely enough to seal the deal. So good.

**THAT** is what makes this game so rewarding. You can't reach this level of player engagement in a standard match-3 gacha game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom