• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grats on the epic win!

That really sounded like almost the same play-by-play as my winning run. At some point, you realize that Hyperdrive wasn't going to cut it, everyone is running on fumes, and your main physical DPS gets cheap shotted halfway through the fight.

And then, at the end, you gamble it all on a hail mary that does just barely enough to seal the deal. So good.

**THAT** is what makes this game so rewarding. You can't reach this level of player engagement in a standard match-3 gacha game.

Youre so encouraging!!

Lyrian

Youre so encouraging!!

Thanks!

When my real self comes out, I tend to be quite the cheerleader. I'd much rather be enthusiastic than bitter 99.9% of the time.

Just realized that the event dungeon ends on Wednesday and not Thursday. That's craptastic. I'm well behind my quota on farming pure stones. Guess that's where I am going to camp exclusively for the next three days.

Zhadgon

Hello guys, I have 8 spots open in my friend list if anyone wants to add me, my id is 122 944 657 and my unit is a Max Locke.

Edited; By the way my current team is

CoD (Max)
Locke (Max)
Vaan (Max)
Lenna (Max)
Kefka (Max)

In the bench are;

Tellah (Lv64)
Rain (Lv78)
Laswell (Max)
Fina (Max)
Duane (Lv32)

Should someone from the bench be in my main team?

.n_n.

Hello guys, I have 8 spots open in my friend list if anyone wants to add me, my id is 122 944 657 and my unit is a Max Locke.

Edited; By the way my current team is

CoD (Max)
Locke (Max)
Vaan (Max)
Lenna (Max)
Kefka (Max)

In the bench are;

Tellah (Lv64)
Rain (Lv78)
Laswell (Max)
Fina (Max)
Duane (Lv32)

Should someone from the bench be in my main team?

.n_n.

ad,sjfhadslkhjgfsdhj,gfljsdghflkusdhflkdshflkjshdfklj

Malakhov

Banned
Maxed my WoL, Garland, Lenna and Bartz with the cactuars event this weekend but wont have enough time to finish off my 5th unit. Pulled exdeath as a daily while I was working on Tellah, screwed everything up since now I want exdeath instead of Tellah :(

Lyrian

Maxed my WoL, Garland, Lenna and Bartz with the cactuars event this weekend but wont have enough time to finish off my 5th unit. Pulled exdeath as a daily while I was working on Tellah, screwed everything up since now I want exdeath instead of Tellah :(

But Exdeath and Tellah are strong complements to each other on a mage team? They both get Fire/Lit/Ice -aga spells, allowing you to generate some wicked Elemental Chains.

Malakhov

Banned
But Exdeath and Tellah are strong complements to each other on a mage team? They both get Fire/Lit/Ice -aga spells, allowing you to generate some wicked Elemental Chains.
I have Lenna, WoL, Garland, Bartz and Tellah. Thought just switching Tellah with exdeath, no?

bonkeng

746 132 519

Add me GAF train ;)

Runing macros this weekend since ill be travelling

Hopefully i made it fool proof enough

Doc I added you. Please accept so it won't mess up my Nox :p

Sorry cwsasuki I kicked you as you're not online for 7 days. I'll add you again when your back.

Lyrian

I have Lenna, WoL, Garland, Bartz and Tellah. Thought just switching Tellah with exdeath, no?

It's a neutral swap at best. As a lone mage in the party, they pretty much serve the same function. You get Raise with Tellah, though, that you don't with Exdeath.

I suppose you have the flexibility to either keep the team as is for a physical build, or if needed in the future, swap Garland for Exdeath for a mage focused build.

Either way works well, though.

Gumi should lowkey just drop Gilgamesh out of nowhere for us to fight. I'm tryna get boned again, I'm sick and tired of not complaining about Gumi.

I remember when I used to shit on them. This banner is not enough to make me feel some type of way

Malakhov

Banned
It's a neutral swap at best. As a lone mage in the party, they pretty much serve the same function. You get Raise with Tellah, though, that you don't with Exdeath.

I suppose you have the flexibility to either keep the team as is for a physical build, or if needed in the future, swap Garland for Exdeath for a mage focused build.

Either way works well, though.
Will keep Tellah for now then I guess. Next cactuaurs event I will finish exdeath. Team is doing fine as is since I got full break and cheer. Thanks!

Gaf, help me setup my main party. Currently I have all of these *5 at level 55-60:

Cloud of Darkness
Garland
Locke
ExDeath
Tellah
Lenna
Fina
Amaranth

Anyone else noticing that the half price summon has a really good drop rate for rare units? In the last week I pulled exdeath, garland, zidane, Leo, amarant, galuf 4* and just now chizuru 4*. My team was already decent as I had a Bartz and cod from my rerolls at global launch then got Golbez and kefka on first banner. But my rolls prior had all been pretty shit tons of Russell's and whatnot lol.

So anyway is it just me and I finally ran into some good luck or is this half price summon thing bugged in a great way?

Malakhov

Banned
Anyone else noticing that the half price summon has a really good drop rate for rare units? In the last week I pulled exdeath, garland, zidane, Leo, amarant, galuf 4* and just now chizuru 4*. My team was already decent as I had a Bartz and cod from my rerolls at global launch then got Golbez and kefka on first banner. But my rolls prior had all been pretty shit tons of Russell's and whatnot lol.

So anyway is it just me and I finally ran into some good luck or is this half price summon thing bugged in a great way?

Also got very good luck. On my main account I pulled exdeath, bartz and zidane then on my second account I pulled kefka, exdeath and firion.

Grezak

Gotta love these half price pulls <.<

Pulled every day since they've been introduced and I've gotten 2 Zidanes, another Leo and Locke (didn't pull for him earlier since I didn't need Rising Sun).

Ah well, atleast I have my second set of TM farming ready (2x Zidane, Cecil, Chiz and Locke).

Although this means that I have a snowballs chance in hell in the banner where Ludmille and Lightning arrive..

linkent

0 banner unit from the discount pulls.
Not even a Lani.

Bedile x3, Galuf x2, Golbez(dupe), Panelo, Clyne, Russell, Medius(the only new).
Too many cactuars, nothing to feed.
Think is better for me to expand character slot than pulling :(

Scratch Exdeath from that list, I just pulled a Kefka. Woohooo!

I literally screamed at my office. Good thing my boss has just left a few minutes earlier.

Dragner

Im probably not pulling on Lightning banner more than a half price pull a day. Im not interested in her she was powercreeped out of the meta in Japan and I dont like Lightning as a char or FFXIII as a game.

scarlet

Scratch Exdeath from that list, I just pulled a Kefka. Woohooo!

I literally screamed at my office. Good thing my boss has just left a few minutes earlier.

6* Exdeath has dual cast and meteor tho.

IIRC 3rd best mage behind Summer Majin Fina and Majin Fina in jp.

KeRaSh

I've just realized that Krile fell of a cliff according to the wiki unit rankings. I guess I'll just get Tellah to 5* and basically use him as a healer with better offensive magic. Losing Dualcast sucks but at least I get Raise.

bonkeng

Here's your answer...

Fuck this shit. 4 out of 5 half price pulls were Lanis now.

So 3rd night in a row my Nox has lost connection at some point. This didn't happen at all the first week other than the night we had maintenance is anyone else having this problem?

Zafir

No way.

The few half price ones I tried I got shitty units. Even when I got a 4* it was just something silly, like last one I remember was a 4* Shantotto.

Stopped bothering. Just a total waste considering I'm not massive about getting anything on the banner anyway.

Niahak

It does seem to give rarer stuff than normal pulls, but since they came out with half price ones I haven't done any normal ones. I've somehow gotten two rainbow crystals (got a 5* Terra over the weekend).

I'm probably using my ration of luck for the next year.

They've been generous to me lately.

1/2 price pull yesterday: 4* Vaan
1/2 price pull today: 5* Bartz (my first rainbow crystal, no less)

I saw the rainbow and thought "oh maybe it'll be Chizuru or Miyuk! that'd be rad! ... but it'll probably be Krile or some crap. Or yet another Maria..."

*Bartz*

"I'm okay with this!"

Azuran

Banned

I wish. I got nothing but Anzelm and Sabin everytime I did a daily pull. I had to use a ticket for the game to give me Zidane.

I'm done pulling on this banner considering I already got the golden boy. I'll start daily pulling more often once Lani and Vivi get the fuck away from any banner.

So 3rd night in a row my Nox has lost connection at some point. This didn't happen at all the first week other than the night we had maintenance is anyone else having this problem?

Damn man

I wonder whats up. Ive had zero issues so far outside some clicks not registering here and there

Solved it with repeated phantom clicks

Okay, so... I tossed 5 Metal Gigantaurs onto Bartz... all at once...

AMAZING SUCCESS

Shot up from 1 to 47 in one shot.

Gimme a few, I'm going to go buy a lottery ticket...

Only thing good I've gotten from 1/2 price is Zidane. Lots of Sabin and Clynes for me

Zhadgon

My pull of today a golden crystal (hell yeah my third one in all the time I have been playing), please be good, and then a Shantotto... well at least I will have 4 to farm for the TM.

And today I will farm TM, my team: Zidane, Shantotto, Kefka, Hayate and Locke.

.n_n.

Lyrian

If you're getting one solid character out of 8 or 9 pulls, it's working as intended.

This right here.

You are generally going to pull garbage 4 out of 5 times, on average. That's why rare units are actually rare, because they are hard to pull.

At least all the garbage pulls can be fused for TMs, I suppose.

c-murph

Pull my first rainbow crystal today!

Hoping it was Garnet but I got a 5* Locke. I already have Locke. I'm still okay with it. Take a friend and have 3 Locke Sacred Crystal raids.

Pbae

Pull my first rainbow crystal today!

Hoping it was Garnet but I got a 5* Locke. I already have Locke. I'm still okay with it.

I'm super envious of Locke's amazing passive abilities, hopefully I get to pull one in the near future.

Man, just imagine if all the pieces line up and you can set up a CoD with dual wield and two Rising Suns.

Hydrogen Bomb levels of damage O_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom