• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pejo

I managed to fully max out every character I own this weekend, with the help of the Cactuars.

Now I still have 6 of the energy refills, need to decide if I'm going to farm Phantom Forest for magicite, or get back to making Hero Rings.

Also, if I were to decide to farm materials for the HP+15% materia, where is the best place for Light Megacrysts & Dragon Scales?

If you're getting one solid character out of 8 or 9 pulls, it's working as intended.
Oh I'm not complaining, jus5 t saying i don't feel like the half price summons are any better than regular ones. I can't complain at all about pulls. I'm still f2p and i have lenna, wol, kefka, golbez, zidane, and Artemios, and shantatto.

Iceman829

So the past weekend really helped me catch up in the game. I spent all weekend farming cactaurs and was also able to stockpile about 27 extra giant ones for later. My main team is finally all maxed out and 5*. I went through just about all my gil that I had saved up before the event, but I'm happy with the results. I was originally at a wall in the game where I couldn't advance in the story or colosseum because my squad wasn't strong enough, now I've defeated the Beginner colosseum and advanced into the intermediate and I'm chugging along on the 3rd island.

I know it's been asked 100 times before, but which chests do people recommend using magic keys on?

Since it's my birthday I decided to do a 1/2 pull. 3* Penelo.... Back to not spending any of lapis or tickets.

Anyone else noticing that the half price summon has a really good drop rate for rare units? In the last week I pulled exdeath, garland, zidane, Leo, amarant, galuf 4* and just now chizuru 4*. My team was already decent as I had a Bartz and cod from my rerolls at global launch then got Golbez and kefka on first banner. But my rolls prior had all been pretty shit tons of Russell's and whatnot lol.

So anyway is it just me and I finally ran into some good luck or is this half price summon thing bugged in a great way?

Sounds like you are just lucky, congrats haha :). Yesterday was the first day I have even got a decent unit (Leo), all the rest have been Cyan, Shantotto, etc (max of 4* units).

Is Leo worth putting in my party? If so who do I replace (I assume Rain)? Current Party:

Rain
Lasswell
Lenna
Exdeath
Kefka

Zhadgon

I'm super envious of Locke's amazing passive abilities, hopefully I get to pull one in the near future.

Man, just imagine if all the pieces line up and you can set up a CoD with dual wield and two Rising Suns.

Hydrogen Bomb levels of damage O_O

Thats my plan, I have all the pieces (CoD, 2xLocke, Zidane).

.n_n.

c-murph

I'm super envious of Locke's amazing passive abilities, hopefully I get to pull one in the near future.

Man, just imagine if all the pieces line up and you can set up a CoD with dual wield and two Rising Suns.

One day... I have two Zidanes and two Lockes. Now I just need a CoD.

Zhadgon

I think you're on my friends list so I'm super excited to see it turns out. I will play vicariously through you.

I still need to wait for CoD to get 6 stars to be able to equip any abilities, so the only upgrade I could do to it is getting Rising Sun and two Hero's Rings.

.n_n.

Celegus

That's what my TM team is aiming towards as well. Zidane is still low but the Locke boys are around 40% so far. CoD is going to be a nightmare as soon as her 6* hits.

Pejo

This could be the best mobile game I ever played. subbed.

Btw, Duane and Artemois are beasts.

I love Artemos' winning pose. Shoots a few arrows into the sky and knocks down a few baddies and steps on them. I just saw it for the first time using a friend's unit this weekend.

I love Artemos' winning pose. Shoots a few arrows into the sky and knocks down a few baddies and steps on them. I just saw it for the first time using a friend's unit this weekend.

Hells yeah! I am on 4 star version and the monster he shoots changes every star level.

Heng

What is .n_n. And why is it at the end of all your posts?
I think it's suppose to be a face and it's probably their signature.

I think Bartz is a better candidate for DW + 2x Rising sun than CoD. In his 6* form, he gains an ability that does 540% damage. He also has Barrage at 5*. Speaking of these TM, I'm pretty close to my first rising sun:

US6BLNX.jpg

Zhadgon

What is .n_n. And why is it at the end of all your posts?

Is just a thing that I do in most forums, the .n_n. is like a happy face, trying to cheer the forum or person that I am talking with.

Edited;
I think it's suppose to be a face and it's probably their signature.

I think Bartz is a better candidate for DW + 2x Rising sun than CoD. In his 6* form, he gains an ability that does 540% damage. He also has Barrage at 5*. Speaking of these TM, I'm pretty close to my first rising sun:

You are right is part of my signature, I would love to have Bartz (the human battery in the future) but I have not pull him yet.

.n_n.

CCIE

Banned
I will not pull.... I'm finally back above 2500 lapis, so it will not happen. Would love to have Zidane or Garnett, but waiting for better odds first. Also wouldn't mind Locke, Cecil, WoL, or CoD so it isn't like I'm focused on one unit either. We'll see what the next banner is first

sibarraz

Banned
Should I level up the limit of my characters before upgrading them or I upgrade them anyway and level up the limit with the moggles later?

I really want to upgrade my fina to 4 stars

eggydoo

I think the daily 250 pull trolled me....was a blue crystal, cracked then turned yellow and gave me a 4* Edgar.

Never had that happen to me before.

Valentus

Next banner should be people choice awards... With the addition of global acclaimed penelo and Fran.

That or ff4 banner. Rosa cecil Edge kain rydia

I still can't get over how absurd getting the trust mastery rewards are. Should've been a 1% gain each time instead of .1%

And for that matter wtf is up with the limit break leveling? It's equally absurd. The thing about both of these grinds is that they completely go against the games design. If they want us pulling for new units every few weeks then we will never gain trust masteries or level the limit breaks of our older units. It just doesn't make sense and if you're playing semi casually you'll max this stuff out in what seems like over a year. It's ridiculous.

Kouriozan

Hope there will be a regulaer new banner with the Facebook one, like the popular characters banners JP got.
I need Ludmille so I can start TMs grind.

Shouta

Almost done with the FFXIV event. One more item to get for Y'shtola and 20k more points until I hit 5 of her. Then I can grind her trust master. D=

Celegus

Is just a thing that I do in most forums, the .n_n. is like a happy face, trying to cheer the forum or person that I am talking with.
Ahh that makes more sense. I always saw it as a sad face crying Pedro twin waterfalls of tears actually.

Also, always nice to have another Baten Kaitos fan around these parts.

Do we have an estimated projection of when the Trust Moogle event will hit? Around mid September is when the oldest of the energy I have stored in my mail will expire as I didn't have to waste any on this Cactuar event. There's nothing else that seems worth using it for. Obviously I'll use it for whatever if it's about to expire but hoping Trust Moogles will hit in September or soon after.

Gaz_RB

God I was so close to beating Intangir. Couldn't even see his health bar. Then I accidently let Full Break lapse and the meteor killed my whole team.

Valentus

Do we have an estimated projection of when the Trust Moogle event will hit? Around mid September is when the oldest of the energy I have stored in my mail will expire as I didn't have to waste any on this Cactuar event. There's nothing else that seems worth using it for. Obviously I'll use it for whatever if it's about to expire but hoping Trust Moogles will hit in September or soon after.

I see some of you are putting all your hopes on the moogles.

YOU WILL ONLY GET AS MUCH AS ONLY ONE. TWO WITH LIGHTNING-PULLING LUCK

Trust moogles are not impossible to get, but they dont fall of the sky like mana.

Besides, we dont know what type of trust moogles we will get first (because there is 3 type of them: the "specific" trust moogle that raises 5% of a specific TM (it would be fun if you only get trust moogles for "Throw TM" xD. There are more rare that boost 5% of any TM, and the most difficult to get that boost 10% of any TM.

The trust moogles are only a nice addition from the developers to encourage players to keep farming TM, you will not get a character's TM based only on trust moogles.

i think scummy gumi will do a rare summon event moogle: Every 3 summons you will get a random trust moogle, and every 10 summons you will get a 10% trust moogle, or something like that (i think in JPBE they already did a event like that, but 1 summon = 1 free 5% common trust moogle)

I see some of you are putting all your hopes on the moogles.

YOU WILL ONLY GET AS MUCH AS ONLY ONE. TWO WITH LIGHTNING-PULLING LUCK

Trust moogles are not impossible to get, but they dont fall of the sky like mana.

Besides, we dont know what type of trust moogles we will get first (because there is 3 type of them: the "specific" trust moogle that raises 5% of a specific TM (it would be fun if you only get trust moogles for "Throw TM" xD. There are more rare that boost 5% of any TM, and the most difficult to get that boost 10% of any TM.

The trust moogles are only a nice addition from the developers to encourage players to keep farming TM, you will not get a character's TM based only on trust moogles.

i think scummy gumi will do a rare summon event moogle: Every 3 summons you will get a random trust moogle, and every 10 summons you will get a 10% trust moogle, or something like that (i think in JPBE they already did a event like that, but 1 summon = 1 free 5% common trust moogle)

Whaaaaaat? I thought Shouta said you farm currency for them??? If what you said is true, guess I'm never mastering any ;_;

Pbae

Feels nice to TM grind again.

I hate the feeling of blowing nearly all my NRG for three cactaur runs and just waiting...

Zhadgon

Ahh that makes more sense. I always saw it as a sad face crying Pedro twin waterfalls of tears actually.

Also, always nice to have another Baten Kaitos fan around these parts.

I really wish that Monolitih could take back the IP from Namco and start developing a sequel, if only Nintendo thinks in buying IP´s from some developers (Bomberman, Castlevania, Banjo and Kazooie, Mega Man, etc.).

.n_n.

Pbae

It pretty much is already a Nintendo IP. Both of the games only came out on the GameCube. The only problem I can see is that other than a few die hard fans, it's been mostly forgotten :(

Shouta

What is her TM reward?

Spirit/Mind/Whatever it's called that raises healing up when you equip a staff and defense up when equipping a robe. Basically the essential healer ability in onr slot.

Whaaaaaat? I thought Shouta said you farm currency for them??? If what you said is true, guess I'm never mastering any ;_;

You farm currency for them but they are limited to one per event usually, as I said numerous times. If they did Secret of Mana, you'd farm up candies and can trade for one moogle along with a bunch of other rewards like materia, equipment, summon tickets, gigantaurs, and evo mats.

Collect enough moogle over a few events like I did and you'll get a TM mastery but it's a longer wait.

I've been playing three months and I had enough to get Zidane from 0-100% and MFina from 40-100% so far. If you only aim for the really important ones (like Genji Gloves, Dual Wield, Dual Cast), you'll be fine. If you're looking for them, to replace TM farming all together, that's not going to happen.

Eidjinn

Are those of you grinding TM using all of your NRG except for dailies, or just doing it overnight?

Nox probably running 18~20 hours a day. 2.5~2,7% TM farm/day. No use of any kind of mana potion.

It'll probably take 40~50 days to grind the first batch.

CCIE

Banned
Chilly, you are using Kuja! Isn't he awesome?
I'm back to the TMR grind, with some leveling of Espers in there as well from time to time. Need to get Ramuh to 2*

Spirit/Mind/Whatever it's called that raises healing up when you equip a staff and defense up when equipping a robe. Basically the essential healer ability in onr slot.

You farm currency for them but they are limited to one per event usually, as I said numerous times. If they did Secret of Mana, you'd farm up candies and can trade for one moogle along with a bunch of other rewards like materia, equipment, summon tickets, gigantaurs, and evo mats.

Collect enough moogle over a few events like I did and you'll get a TM mastery but it's a longer wait.
I didn't catch when you said you could only trade in for one per event, apologies. That really sucks. I wasn't expecting to be able to get many, but maybe enough for 50% for one character at least.
I've been playing three months and I had enough to get Zidane from 0-100% and MFina from 40-100% so far. If you only aim for the really important ones (like Genji Gloves, Dual Wield, Dual Cast), you'll be fine. If you're looking for them, to replace TM farming all together, that's not going to happen.

It would take eternity to learn them naturally ;p No way in hell am I farming Earth Shrine for it, I was indeed planning on Moogles replacing farming. I did grab Nox for One Piece re-rolling so maybe I'll consider looking into how to set it up for TM farming for this game. I sadly don't have many TMs worth farming anyway right now, never got a Luna. If Kefka gets Ultima at 6*, meteor will be pointless since my ExDeath will learn it naturally. That basically leaves me with Lenna learning her staff to equip herself and ribbon with my Kefka. Actually Vaan's seems worthwhile and I forgot I have a Shantotto I saved for this too. No dual wield or barrage but some worthwhile stuff.

CCIE

Banned
Well, my A-Team is pretty much OP, so I just use whatever units I want from time to time. Leveled up Rydia, and am using her to work towards the evoke trophy now... I think she will be pretty useful in 5* form down the road. At the very least, I'm trying to mix it up so the game doesn't become stale

Shouta

Using Nox for TM farming is super easy. I'd definitely recommend using it when you get multiples of a char and they have a TM you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom