• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragner

Surprisingly on 4 rerolls for fun on jp I got 3 times Summer Majin Fina but I still have to get Summer Fina...the other 3 star girl I got her on average 6-7 times.

back up above 5000 lapis, time for another 11 pull...........hell no I'm never doing that again

man I miss the cactuar event, got my team of newborn 5 stars into the high 50s/low 60s.

H3xum

Well, the Dunes treated me well. I have everyone maxed and have my inventory full of Giants.

My rotating squad is Kefka, Bartz, Chiz, Cecil, Leo, Tellah and Lenna. I also have a maxed Kuja, Rain, Laswell.

Now I am just TM farming the old fashioned way on iOS.

I don't want to roll until the banner changes even though I am sitting on 5xxxk Lapis

I finally got over 5k lapis too, woooo! I might even be in the 6k range now, I forget. This was the least amount of Cactuar farming I've done as I have no one to level so once I hit 37 gigantuars, I stopped as that should be enough to get a future 5* from 0 to 80 instantly. Since I only have the default amount of unit slots, I couldn't afford to store more anyway ;p Although I don't know why I bother keeping Tellah and I'm not sure if Kain is still worth keeping for his TM since there will be the Holy lance available eventually and I don't have any one forced to use spears anyway. If Kefka gets Ultima at 6*, I'll trash Golbez.

I finally got over 5k lapis too, woooo! I might even be in the 6k range now, I forget. This was the least amount of Cactuar farming I've done as I have no one to level so once I hit 37 gigantuars, I stopped as that should be enough to get a future 5* from 0 to 80 instantly. Since I only have the default amount of unit slots, I couldn't afford to store more anyway ;p Although I don't know why I bother keeping Tellah and I'm not sure if Kain is still worth keeping for his TM since there will be the Holy lance available eventually and I don't have any one forced to use spears anyway. If Kefka gets Ultima at 6*, I'll trash Golbez.

Love Cactuar weekends.

And I will always have a soft spot for Goblez on my team just cause... it's Goblez.

CCIE

Banned
Well, I've maxed all of my useful units with the exception of Kain and a 3* Kefka... , including but not limited to Rydia, and Krile in anticipation of their 5*, and Rain in anticipation of his 6* form

I'm trying out different units to see what I think of them, and I'm going to start using my highest trust units for megacryst farming and exploration. I have more than 50 fine alcyrists and need to start trying to obtain scream root. Also, need to level up Ramuh, is the PF still the best place for that?

I always take a friend's high rank Locke with me when I go

Valentus

Kefka it looks like will be the firion of black mages

Dragner

k3oA6Un.png

day 10, kind of fucked up schedule but still fine.

Pbae

I've compiled a list of all my pulls from the bear-y beginning; 54 pulls in total.

I don't know, but hopefully it might help people gauge the difficulties of certain pulls or see what a totally F2P might look like after the re-rolls end and you're more invested in the account.

Warrior of Light
Chizura
Bartz
Garland
Exdeath
Zidane
Vaan
Kuja
Golbez
Kefka (4x)
Lenna (2x)
Xiao
Kain
Shantotto (2x)
Luna (4x)
Vivi (5x)
Anzelm (3x)
Rydia (4x)
Sabin (3x)
Fran (3x)
Bedile (3x)
Cyan (2x)
Edgar (2x)
Galuf (2x)
Shadow
Clyne
Rakshasa
Russell
Lani

Valentus

The re-roll pulls shouldn't count because those are "safe zone" pulls.

I don't understand what this means?

I like Kefka so I hope this is positive

Kefka will have the mage version of "human-killer" "demon-killer" "dragon-killer"... etc... all the flavors, just like firion.

I don't understand what this means?

I like Kefka so I hope this is positive

Firion at 6* has access to a suite of "killer" moves. Machines Killer, Insect Killer, Stone Killer, etc. This gives him a boost in damage against enemies of those types.

From what's been revealed so far, it looks like Kefka at least has Man-Eater, which is a 50% boost against the human types. Garland has this too. This leads people to say that Kefka will be the first mage who has access to these abilities.

H3xum

The re-roll pulls shouldn't count because those are "safe zone" pulls.

Kefka will have the mage version of "human-killer" "demon-killer" "dragon-killer"... etc... all the flavors, just like firion.

Firion at 6* has access to a suite of "killer" moves. Machines Killer, Insect Killer, Stone Killer, etc. This gives him a boost in damage against enemies of those types.

From what's been revealed so far, it looks like Kefka at least has Man-Eater, which is a 50% boost against the human types. Garland has this too. This leads people to say that Kefka will be the first mage who has access to these abilities.

Excellllllllent

Kefka it looks like will be the firion of black mages
I'm not sure if I should be disappointed about this or not. On one hand, that could be great, on the other, I wanted a beastly non-elemental attack all for him and I don't have a Terra to farm Ultima TM so...yeah. They should have either given him Ultima or Dual Cast and since Ex got dual, give Keffy Ultima ;_; Dual Casting Hyperdrive on a boss would be money though.
Also, need to level up Ramuh, is the PF still the best place for that?

I always take a friend's high rank Locke with me when I go

PF all day everyday for magicities. There are other amenities to running it as Academic and I have mentioned before.

Yeah, I dumped a number of non-GAF friends to snag Lockes haha I also have a Locke that hasn't logged on in like two weeks but I keep him anyway because the unit is still useful ;p I'll probably replace him with an active Locke at some point.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I'm not sure if I should be disappointed about this or not. On one hand, that could be great, on the other, I wanted a beastly non-elemental attack all for him and I don't have a Terra to farm Ultima TM so...yeah. They should have either given him Ultima or Dual Cast and since Ex got dual, give Keffy Ultima ;_; Dual Casting Hyperdrive on a boss would be money though.

I don't particular get this. While he won't have dualcast, he will be hitting naturally much harder than ExDeath.

For Boss battles, that's huge since he'll have much better MP conservation to damage.

CCIE

Banned
Yes, I have a Firion that I am patiently waiting on his 6* form... would be interesting to have the equivalent on Kefka side of the house. I'm at the point in the game now that high level Locke is my preferred unit for almost everything

Wish I could draw one of my own

I don't particular get this. While he won't have dualcast, he will be hitting naturally much harder than ExDeath.

For Boss battles, that's huge since he'll have much better MP conservation to damage.

Because I don't care about mobs, they are cake regardless. I'd rather have a hard hitting spell for tough bosses. Hyper does that but one that hit everything would be nice for when there's more than one target. Or do we never have a tough boss battle that has more than one target? Assuming Japan has seen it but maybe not? All I know is Ultima is amazing on Valentus' Kefka

We shall see.

Kuja will no doubt get Ultims as its his trademark move but even that might not be enough to save his underpowered ass.

Kefka should be interesting. He clearly won't be getting dual cast but I thought this was a moot point as Overdrive couldn't be dual casted.

We shall see.

Kuja will no doubt get Ultims as its his trademark move but even that might not be enough to save his underpowered ass.

Kefka should be interesting. He clearly won't be getting dual cast but I thought this was a moot point as Overdrive couldn't be dual casted.

HyperDrive can't be dual cast? That's confirmed? .....damn. Doing Kefka dirty at 6*.

Yes, I have a Firion that I am patiently waiting on his 6* form... would be interesting to have the equivalent on Kefka side of the house. I'm at the point in the game now that high level Locke is my preferred unit for almost everything

Wish I could draw one of my own

Yup Locke is currently my favorite unit. Totally gonna experiment with a magic build for Mirage dive to see how far i can push it lol

Xion86

You need to see a doctor if yours looks like that!

LOL! Certainly doesn't, but really, look at it, no? Okay :( it dropped from a mob the other day and it just came into my head when I actually looked at the image.

Oh well, back to normal people! Nothing to see here.

So for the first time since launch, I've just had to sell some 99 stack materials as I'm such a hoarder!

Valentus

Not because a Mage hasnt W-Magic innate is gonna suck.

The Dragonlord (5-6 unit from Dragon Quest Monsters Super Light batch) has Kafrizzle, that is a 700% single target magic attack. And he can cast curaga (called midheal as a dragon quest unit) and has an AoE Esuna.

In any other case than fire-resistance, lets see if your exdeath with 4 MAG+30% can do more damage than my dragonlord with doublecast and 3 MAG+30%

The Dragonlord is amazing, and so will be kefka even without W-Magic.

Lyrian

Hey folks, what's going on?

Ahh... Kuja pity day.

Maxed mine out over the weekend. He is rather fun to play. Great sprite animation to boot as well. Really hope his 6* does him justice as his 5* form is already so badly underpowered.

Also.... Kefka's limit break is a complete rip off and palette swap of Kuja limit break. Take away Kefka's temporary angel form and laugh, and the remainder is a recolored Kuja's Neutron Bomb. Such disrespect :/

Today's Loser Pulls:

Cyan
Sabin

Valus

Or maybe Kuja is the ripoff. He doesn't have wings and is a loser that wishes he was relevant anywhere outside of beauty pageants.

I finally got a decent unit on the half-off pull, Leo! Should I replace my Cecil? My party is Bartz, Lenna, Chiz, Kefka and sometimes Celes, Gomez, and Artemis. I am pretty underwhelmed by Cecil so far, but I guess his LB is pretty useful.

Eidjinn

I finally got a decent unit on the half-off pull, Leo! Should I replace my Cecil? My party is Bartz, Lenna, Chiz, Kefka and sometimes Celes, Gomez, and Artemis. I am pretty underwhelmed by Cecil so far, but I guess his LB is pretty useful.

Change for now... because after Cecil gains 6* he'll be the top tank (alongsice Wol).

Actually, some users here say that actually no tank is required, as content is not that difficult.

But in the future, having two tanks in the party will be pretty important. I just don't know when.

Kouriozan

Watching Dark Ifrit/Siren videos, looks like WoL will be a must with his 30% chances to counter spell with 25% HP/MP recovery.
But yes, double tank is pretty popular since a few months ago in JP, saw a Cecil/Snow combo for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom