• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rixa

Anybody know if the customer support is any bit reliable in this game? Bought some lapis but it timed out and didn't go through but my iTunes credit still got taken.. Sent a bunch of emails to their support and have been harassing th in game live chat and I have yet to even get an automated response from them..

So I'm a very, very sad zidaneless person right now :(

When did this happen? I mean send 1 email & chat message more and if if you dont get answer within 48h. I would contact to Appstore and explain situation. They should refund you and (just my opinion) you wont lose your account.

ohNOitsRO

When did this happen? I mean send 1 email & chat message more and if if you dont get answer within 48h. I would contact to Appstore and explain situation. They should refund you and (just my opinion) you wont lose your account.

Happened yesterday and yeah I was planning on giving at least 48 hours, but not gonna lie.. The lack of any response is disheartening.. And I don't want a refund to get me banned

RedZaraki

Banned
Let's see how grindy this event is... Got 24 energy pots saved up for it. Hoping that's enough. That shield looks good for my exdeath, 4 def less than current one but it gives magic. I'm in.

Banner looks good but not for me. I already have Locke and Leo and no use for celes and terra.

24 like 24 times 30 energy? DAMN.

I've got 4 energy vials saved up.

RedZaraki

Banned
I'm going to do what I can to earn as many Trust Moogles and Summon Tickets from this event as I can.

I'm also debating whaling a bit to pull from this banner.

I don't have any of those 4 units.

Kouriozan

If we look at the Japanese version, it's only 10 tickets and 1 trust moogle per event.
But as always, Gumi might have changed that, even more that this event is exclusive to Global.

CCIE

Banned
I'm definitely about trust moogles and rare summon tickets here... The equipment might be good, depending on the cost

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
If you have Garland, sticking another doublehand on him with the excalibur will be incredible. Once he hits 6* he gets ability slots AND a bonus when equipping greatswords..he will be unstoppable!!! Bahaha

Yeah Cecil will get the shield, his defense goes through the roof at 6* anyway so it'll make him even stronger.

Sadly, I do not. But hopefully that could change.

Right now, the optimal route is
Enhance -> WoL
Mara + Blade Mastery -> Chizzy Chan
Ex + DH -> Bartz

If I get a DW, I'll give it to Bartz and equip him with a Gungair too.

If I get a Garland, I probably won't touch him till he gets 6*

If we look at the Japanese version, it's only 10 tickets and 1 trust moogle per event.
But as always, Gumi might have changed that, even more that this event is exclusive to Global.

Honestly, that would be fantastic. 10 tickets is 2500 Lapis and 1 10% Trust moggle let's me get another character in fast. I'll use my on Cecil to knock his rate up to my Bartz so I can use both at once ^_^

Dusky

What are the rates for TM moogles on JP or does it vary per event?

I doubt it'll be the same for GL but just to get a good idea of what we can expect.

My recently acquired Bartz has replaced Firion on my team. I like him and all, but he's not as useful as he probably should be. Ironic, then, that I'm still keeping Rakshasa around because she actually does more work than Firion has been,

So the question, then, is do I level up Vaan as well and use him as a replacement for Rakshasa? I know he's ranked higher than her and all, but...

Current party is
Rakshasa
Artemios
Bartz
Exdeath
Lenna

Everyone is at 5* and maxed level 80 except Bartz, who is sitting at level 71 or so right now (been taking advantage of the experience chamber, of course).

Also, just for shits and giggles, I have a Leo and Kefka who I haven't really touched...

I'm trying to avoid overoptimizing my party but I'm thinking if I use the party feature to build parties for situations (boss killer, for example) and leave my main party with the characters I like to use for whatever reason.

Need some input on this.

Hey guys just have a party composition question... my current party is:

Kefka
Rain
Lasswell
Lenna
Exdeath

I have a Locke and Leo, would it be worth replacing anyone in my party with either/both of them? I have been unable to beat the chimera (only have tried it a couple times to be fair though) so far with my current party... have gotten it close to dead but just cant quite kill it.

Hey guys just have a party composition question... my current party is:

Kefka
Rain
Lasswell
Lenna
Exdeath

I have a Locke and Leo, would it be worth replacing anyone in my party with either/both of them? I have been unable to beat the chimera (only have tried it a couple times to be fair though) so far with my current party... have gotten it close to dead but just cant quite kill it.

Definitely boot Rain for Leo

RedZaraki

Banned
My recently acquired Bartz has replaced Firion on my team. I like him and all, but he's not as useful as he probably should be. Ironic, then, that I'm still keeping Rakshasa around because she actually does more work than Firion has been,

So the question, then, is do I level up Vaan as well and use him as a replacement for Rakshasa? I know he's ranked higher than her and all, but...

Current party is
Rakshasa
Artemios
Bartz
Exdeath
Lenna

Everyone is at 5* and maxed level 80 except Bartz, who is sitting at level 71 or so right now (been taking advantage of the experience chamber, of course).

Also, just for shits and giggles, I have a Leo and Kefka who I haven't really touched...

I'm trying to avoid overoptimizing my party but I'm thinking if I use the party feature to build parties for situations (boss killer, for example) and leave my main party with the characters I like to use for whatever reason.

Need some input on this.

Party should be:
- Bartz
- Leo
- Kefka
- Lenna
- Vaan/Exdeath/Artemios depending on your mood

Fullbreak is pretty important.

Kouriozan

I'm ready to hoard pots/trust moogles, increased my units slot to 100 and not scared to increase it even more.
Already did the same for equip and material slots (to 70 and 120 respectively)

Xion86

Make as many as you can. They are used as ingredients in future, better, rings. NEVER STOP

Yeah I heard its one of the ingredients, but, I need to stop sometime, please :( free me from the exploration loop! Hmm could go for 10...that should be enough :D

I still want to get my Espers to 2 stars, that's my next goal. Looking forward to the next event though!

And well done on your win Creid!

Elman

29232596982_6198f7c70e_k.jpg

Roight, what's all this then

I can claim 20 pots of 0 energy!

Lyrian

Well I guess it's time I finally show my face instead of lurking this OT.

I don't really post on GAF anymore but this place seems calm and amicable enough, so if things go well maybe I'll start to be more active again!

I started playing at launch but decided to reroll towards the end of June as I was fed up with having dismal units. Currently sitting at a rank of 35.

Managed to grab my 3rd Kuja on the half pull this morning from the current banner. At least it's not a Lani I guess?

And on that note...hello everyone!

Welcome to the thread, Dusky, where here we are **slightly** [citation needed] more sane than the rest of GAF! Most of the time, even though we are quite empassioned, we are reasonably civil (with some minor exceptions already mentioned by others after your post). Some of us have assumed various roles (min/maxers, roleplayers, tinkerers, etc), so feel free to carve out your own niche here.

New event stuff:

-- Wow, that was fast. A shame that the current event is being shortened by a day to immediately lead into the new event.

-- TM Moogles (surely 1) and mini LB pots (yes! - hopefully not limited, but still any is better than none).

-- Banner: Woot! Second chance at Locke? No troll units and no 4* units? Whaaaaat? Might consider abandoning the current banner and pulling on that one.

** Uh oh: From the announcement flavor text:

All players will receive the standard mogcake recipe pack for free! Better recipes will be available in the bundle shop to enhance to mogcake-crafting process.

That **better** be a lapis purchase (and cheap) instead of a forced currency purchase.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch

Current party is
Rakshasa
Artemios
Bartz
Exdeath
Lenna

Need some input on this.

That's because he's not 78 yet. Once he gets barrage, he's a weaker Chizzy. But still far above Firion and Garland.

Excited that my first Hero ring gets done today. Going to start on 2 soon.

Kitoro

What's the fastest way to max level up characters? Just save energy for Cactaur vortex, or are there better/comparable ways while I wait for them to come back? And when are they set to return?

Thanks!

Also, I'm rather new to the game, and wondering how my team stacks up:

Chizuru
Terra
Tellah
Lenna
Celeste

These are my only 5* capable characters, though I'm obviously lacking a tank. Is it better I remove Celeste and put in a lesser star cap character for any tanking abilities they may have? Thanks!

What's the fastest way to max level up characters? Just save energy for Cactaur vortex, or are there better/comparable ways while I wait for them to come back? And when are they set to return?

Thanks!

Chizuru
Terra
Tellah
Lenna
Celeste

These are my only 5* capable characters, though I'm obviously lacking a tank. Is it better I remove Celeste and put in a lesser star cap character for any tanking abilities they may have? Thanks!

WHO THE HELL ARE YOU

That's because he's not 78 yet. Once he gets barrage, he's a weaker Chizzy. But still far above Firion and Garland.

Excited that my first Hero ring gets done today. Going to start on 2 soon.

No, sorry, the comment about not being as useful was about Firion, not Bartz. I've been doing this specifically because he will give me a second unit with Barrage.

I was thinking that aside from the Colosseum, I could sort of rely on a friend unit for Full Break and tanking in general.

CCIE

Banned
I'm farming Barrage for Firion, who is superior to Bartz in every way, especially at 6*. Now, that said, I have two Bartz that I run from time to time as well. I will not whale for Locke, but I will spend a few tickets and some 1/2 pulls.

creid

What's the best (non-TM) weapon for Bartz? I've got Ogrekiller (atk +36) on him right now, which only brings him up to (what feels like a very weak) 146 atk. Meanwhile Chizuru with 1* Ifrit, Murasame (atk +61) and atk +10% is at 263 atk.

I'm farming Barrage for Firion, who is superior to Bartz in every way, especially at 6*. Now, that said, I have two Bartz that I run from time to time as well. I will not whale for Locke, but I will spend a few tickets and some 1/2 pulls.

whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa

In EVERY way?

Someone has not heard of the Refia combo!

butz 4 president

What's the best (non-TM) weapon for Bartz? I've got Ogrekiller (atk +36) on him right now, which only brings him up to (what feels like a very weak) 146 atk. Meanwhile Chizuru with 1* Ifrit, Murasame (atk +61) and atk +10% is at 263 atk.

Unfortunately, Bartz has a rather middling attack stat, even fully maxed at 5*! He's a utility attacker with access to barrage so make certain you boost his attack with accessories and the like and equip him with spells that will even out your green magic.

CCIE

Banned
In order to use the Refia combo, you have to be able to pull her. Since I actually want her, I'm doubtful I will do so ;)

CCIE

Banned
Nomar, that actually makes sense! I have two Bartz, and I run Barrage all day long. Currently it's Cheer, Full Break, and Barrage x3 every round. It's kind of ridiculous to watch. I can even kill those damn tombstones without a mage if I want. Even cooler, I am farming a Barrage to put on Vaan so he can be useful outside of Full Break...

I'm farming Barrage for Firion,who is superior to Bartz in every way, especially at 6*.
*TRIGGERED*
Enhancer sword from the latest trial is his best non-TM weapon atm

CCIE

Banned
Okay, I like both units, but I have a friend with Firion properly outfitted. Barrage... and some goodies. He kicks the crap out of a different friend's whale Bartz

Lyrian

Thanks!

Chizuru
Terra
Tellah
Lenna
Celeste

Right now, a tank is not really needed. Pretty much any 5* character trumps all because of stats. Lenna is your main healer, Tellah is your black mage/backup healer, Chizuru is DPS, and Terra/Celes do what they do. For now, that is reasonably solid. In the future, you might want to swap Terra/Celes for a true tank at 5* only, once you can pull one from the gacha.

CCIE

Banned
Tellah is an under-appreciated mage. He has a move that allows him to use magic EVERY single round (4MP), even on explorations. Hence, I would argue unless dealing with bosses, he is superior to both Kefka and ExDeath. Granted, I don't have ExDeath but I have every other mage

This will change when 6* forms come to Global - but for now the old man rocks

Kettch

New banner is pretty nice, they're all decent units and I don't have any of them yet. Think I'll do the half price pulls and then see where I stand toward the end. This is assuming we get the expected 7.5% rates for them.

Valus

FFVI banner out of nowhere. Was planning on saving for FFT and/or Dualcast TM but I'm a sucker for FFVI...I have two Celes but nothing else. Will pull for the other three.

New event looks interesting. Glad I didn't use any of my energy pots on cactuar dunes!

I also find it funny that the banner logo under announcements still says "new allies join the fray" even though none of them are new.

Shouta

This new Global banner wasn't in JP, lol. All the gear is global exclusive too. If the Lunar Pestle is a mace, it'll be the best weapon for Cloud of Darkness until she gets the club with the Maneater trait on it. I don't know how I feel about having to craft the items instead of just collecting currency though. I guess it'll depend on how many cakes you have to craft.

FFVI event starts in two days in JP. Time to try and get Trance Terra but only fail, lol.

Also, they're using FISH for the currency this time. Why Fish but no Celes? lol

Razmos

A week after the FFVI banner drops:
"Increased drop rates for Shadow!"

50% Shadow, lower rates for everyone else lol.
(That's definitely what it will feel like if Shadow does get a rate up)

Lyrian

Tellah is an under-appreciated mage. He has a move that allows him to use magic EVERY single round (4MP), even on explorations. Hence, I would argue unless dealing with bosses, he is superior to both Kefka and ExDeath. Granted, I don't have ExDeath but I have every other mage

This will change when 6* forms come to Global - but for now the old man rocks

Agreed.

I don't have Exdeath either, but Tellah has really grown on me over Kefka. He comes with the complete set of basic elemental -ga spells as well as passable backup healing skills. Can't complain about free Meteors from his limit break either. Further, for an old man and a mage, he is usually tanky - an unexpected plus.

Power creep, I suppose. Of course, until he is power creeped by better units in the future.

Thanks!

Chizuru
Terra
Tellah
Lenna
Celeste

Do not remove Celeste for now as she gets the magic damage buff at lvl 80 that will make your Terrah and Tellah do crazy damage. You're fine for now. No current content requires a tank at all. In the future, sadly she would be the one who gets replaced if you cannot use a Friend tank unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom