• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

H3xum

I know I shouldn't but I think I will blow a few Laps on the upcoming banner just to treat myself since I didn't pull on the last crap banner.

All 5 star and they all have solid TM's if nothing else. I could use the Leo bump since I am only around 10-12% on him currently.

Iceman829

I always play the game on my phone, but now it's asking me to enter a player name and to agree with the terms of use. Did something happen to my save file?

creid

Enhancer sword from the latest trial is his best non-TM weapon atm
Thanks, I've got a bit to go before I can win that fight though.
Unfortunately, Bartz has a rather middling attack stat, even fully maxed at 5*! He's a utility attacker with access to barrage so make certain you boost his attack with accessories and the like and equip him with spells that will even out your green magic.
Why does he get rated so high? His skills (other than Barrage) don't seem all that helpful.

CCIE

Banned
Creid - probably has to do with the fact he can equip anything, and Barrage. He's the only character with that trait. Chizuru - Katana, CoD - ranged or mace, Artemius - bow.

Pbae

They should do the insane and upgrade shadow to 6-star and make him the most overpowered character ever.

I personally want Lani to have an epic troll 6* after a super underwhelming 5*.

Lani with...
-Innate Doublehand
-50% additional damage using Axes
-Human Killer passive
-50% additional DEF when only equipped with Great Axe
-Immunity to Poison
-Full Burst "Kidnap" 250% PHYS AOE with additional chance to Steal (50%)

The meltdown would be glorious.

Heng

I always play the game on my phone, but now it's asking me to enter a player name and to agree with the terms of use. Did something happen to my save file?
Try rebooting the app. Did you link your account to FB? If not, did you buy any lapis? If you answered no to both these questions, you may be screwed...

Iceman829

If I try to enter a name and accept the terms it tells me "Please authenticate with your Facebook account again". I have no idea what I'm supposed to do. Facebook works fine on the phone, but this piece of junk can't log in

Try rebooting the app. Did you link your account to FB? If not, did you buy any lapis? If you answered no to both these questions, you may be screwed...

my account is linked to my facebook account and I've tried rebooting it and the phone with no luck past this screen

Kettch

This happened to me earlier this morning, I assume because my phone reset, but I'm not sure.

The fix for me was to clear data. The title screen has the facebook login option after that, and logging in worked fine.

Iceman829

This happened to me earlier this morning, I assume because my phone reset, but I'm not sure.

The fix for me was to clear data. The title screen has the facebook login option after that, and logging in worked fine.

Completely forgot to clear the app data. I thought it was getting stuck on facebook for some odd reason. Right now it's downloading files off my slow work wifi... and it's back up and running. Thanks for that. I had a long night (AC in my house is dead and needs to be replaced) and I'm not fully thinking straight.

Heng

If I try to enter a name and accept the terms it tells me "Please authenticate with your Facebook account again". I have no idea what I'm supposed to do. Facebook works fine on the phone, but this piece of junk can't log in

my account is linked to my facebook account and I've tried rebooting it and the phone with no luck past this screen
Try reinstalling the game and then log into FB in the game. Or try clicking on restore data and see if it'll work. Your account is safe as long as you synced it up to FB.

creid

Creid - probably has to do with the fact he can equip anything, and Barrage. He's the only character with that trait. Chizuru - Katana, CoD - ranged or mace, Artemius - bow.
Ah, I keep forgetting about that. I guess that will be helpful when I get access to better weapons.
Imperil is strong, but, his stats skyrocket at 6* i THINK.
I guess this is less helpful to me because I've already got imperil on Exdeath.

Bartz's stats do indeed get better but even at 6* he's a utility attack unit. Not as strong of course as CoD @ 6* or say Garland. But once more content comes out and people get passed the idea that their attack or magic stats are the only ones that matter, he becomes incredibly useful.

Far more useful than Chizuru at 6* ^^

Agreed.

I don't have Exdeath either, but Tellah has really grown on me over Kefka. He comes with the complete set of basic elemental -ga spells as well as passable backup healing skills. Can't complain about free Meteors from his limit break either. Further, for an old man and a mage, he is usually tanky - an unexpected plus.

Power creep, I suppose. Of course, until he is power creeped by better units in the future.

BUT KEFKA SAMA

Truth be told, I'm getting a bit annoyed with Kefka lol

CCIE

Banned
I agree with you Chilly, but given how many have Chizuru from re-rolling and such, that statement is going to not go over well. Like my Firion is superior to Bartz statement ;) However, it is startling when looked at objectively.

I have whale friends who have the two units equipped similarly, and Firion quite simply is just way better at dishing the damage. Especially if you give Firion Barrage. Bartz gets some pretty decent skills at 6* though.

Hahahaha asketh for trust moogle and thou shall receive! Pretty funny that the next update after I ask when you guys think it'll hit, it's announced. I'd be estatic but I happen to be going out of town this weekend and won't have time to farm at all so worst timing for me but I'll see how much is involved in getting the Trust Moogle, maybe I can get a day or two of of farming in before the event ends. I have a shit ton of energy in the mail, after all. When does the event end again? If it goes past the weekend I'll be good.

As for FFVI banner, first one that's not shit but I also have zero interest in pulling ;p I'd like a Terra for her TM and Locke is useful but I don't find either of them worth gambling lapis for right now. This is the type of banner I'll chip in for once I have a good unit for every build type and right now I still really need a physical unit so I'm going to hoard and blow my lapis load on the uber physical beasts. I can always keep adding Locke friends anyway ;p

Our expectations and hopes were too hi for Kefka, Chilly :( Well, at least we have ExDeath! Can't wait until we get his 6*!

I agree with you Chilly, but given how many have Chizuru from re-rolling and such, that statement is going to not go over well. Like my Firion is superior to Bartz statement ;) However, it is startling when looked at objectively.

I have whale friends who have the two units equipped similarly, and Firion quite simply is just way better at dishing the damage. Especially if you give Firion Barrage. Bartz gets some pretty decent skills at 6* though.

Oh believe you me, I cannot WAIT for Chizuru to get the fuck off of my friend share list lol And yes I wish more people used Firion, such a cool sprite!

Trance terra tm is an acc. That gives you +30 mag and dualcast. Holy fuck

WHAT IS HAPPENING

Fenzo

Neo Member
These are my 5* stars, lvl 80, characters:

Rain
Fina
Lasswell
Leo
Warrior of light
Cloud of Darkness
Kefka
Artemios
Duane
Cecil
Miyuki
Zidane

My current team is: Leo, Wol, Cod, Kefka and Fina.

Any tips to improve my main team?

Rain
Fina
Lasswell
Leo
Warrior of light
Cloud of Darkness
Kefka
Artemios
Duane
Cecil
Miyuki
Zidane

Given what you have to work with, you have a solid line up. Personally I might suggest raising Cecil's level as when he gets 6* he'll blow Leo outta the water. Having both Leo and WoL as tanks might seem excessive but given his offensive capabilities, you'll be fine. Another mage wouldn't hurt, should you eventually pull one.

Lyrian

Trance terra tm is an acc. That gives you +30 mag and dualcast. Holy fuck

Wait, wait... what?

Do you mean that people are pulling on the gacha for an accessory item (instead of a unit) and then that can be equipped on 6* Terra (or any caster of your preferred choosing)?

Iceman829

Thanks to everyone's help I was able to log back in and defeat the 3rd island and unlock Ramuh as well. I guess I'll start the new island for a bit since I don't have any time to TM grind today.

CCIE

Banned
Not sure what happened to my post before, but this is for Chilly

Apparently there is a beta for Nox on the Mac - it uses VirtualBox so I'm not sure what to think about it yet. I am downloading and screwing around with it on my work laptop. If there are any kiddie scripts or viruses I will know that way... Part of my job is to break crap and fix it anyway.

Will keep you posted...

Not sure what happened to my post before, but this is for Chilly

Apparently there is a beta for Nox on the Mac - it uses VirtualBox so I'm not sure what to think about it yet. I am downloading and screwing around with it on my work laptop. If there are any kiddie scripts or viruses I will know that way... Part of my job is to break crap and fix it anyway.

Will keep you posted...

Well you lemme know girl, you're amazing with all that techno crap >.<

Lyrian

But... but.... future proofing! All arguments against the universally accepted hivemind proclamation of future proof units and their one and only possible build are automatically invalid (at least according to Reddit)!

Kind of sad how most cannot perceive that are multiple ways to tackle a problem and look at the potential in this game through some seriously narrow blinders. I'd be surprised about how many new solutions to problems are out there if people would stop focusing on what is the penultimate "optimum" solution to all problems at once.

But... but.... future proofing! All arguments against the universally accepted hivemind proclamation of future proof units and their one and only possible build are automatically invalid (at least according to Reddit)!

Kind of sad how most cannot perceive that are multiple ways to tackle a problem and look at the potential in this game through some seriously narrow blinders. I'd be surprised about how many new solutions to problems are out there if people would stop focusing on what is the penultimate "optimum" solution to all problems at once.

Wait, are you saying that I can still enjoy the game if my party doesn't consist of 3 Lightnings, 2 Luneths, and 4 Barbra Streisands?

desverger

I know people received random amounts of those empty energy pots today in the ingame mail, but I think I hit the record - 19 empty energy bottles!

Thanks gumi.

Shouta

Bartz's stats do indeed get better but even at 6* he's a utility attack unit. Not as strong of course as CoD @ 6* or say Garland. But once more content comes out and people get passed the idea that their attack or magic stats are the only ones that matter, he becomes incredibly useful.

Far more useful than Chizuru at 6* ^^

BUT KEFKA SAMA

Truth be told, I'm getting a bit annoyed with Kefka lol

You have it flipped Bartz is better than CoD at 6* as an attacker. CoD has more utility overall than he does. Bartz has low natural attack power but he has more equipment options to make up for it. In addition, he has more powerful attack skills than CoD does.

Where CoD gets more damage is when Man Eater kicks in but otherwise, Bartz should edge her out for the most part. The one other issue Bartz has is that most of his big attacks are wind-based so a boss that reduces or absorbs wind damage is no bueno.

Pbae

Wait, are you saying that I can still enjoy the game if my party doesn't consist of 3 Lightnings, 2 Luneths, and 4 Barbra Streisands?

When is Barbara dropping? Did we get news on what her stats and TM will be at 6*?

I'm personally in need of a good white mage so I would rather pull for Celine D.

You have it flipped Bartz is better than CoD at 6* as an attacker. CoD has more utility overall than he does. Bartz has low natural attack power but he has more equipment options to make up for it. In addition, he has more powerful attack skills than CoD does.

Where CoD gets more damage is when Man Eater kicks in but otherwise, Bartz should edge her out for the most part. The one other issue Bartz has is that most of his big attacks are wind-based so a boss that reduces or absorbs wind damage is no bueno.

IMPOSSIBLE

Really? In almost every ranking I've seen, CoD is rated at least four points/slots higher than Bartz given her outstanding resistances and well, once you give her a Rising Sun.

Hmmmm.

Heng

IMPOSSIBLE

Really? In almost every ranking I've seen, CoD is rated at least four points/slots higher than Bartz given her outstanding resistances and well, once you give her a Rising Sun.

Hmmmm.
Her strongest move is Barrage, which to be fair is pretty damn strong. Bartz has a move that deals 540% damage, way stronger than 320% (Barrage). Man eater will make her better than him but only to human enemies. And as Shouta has said, his strongest move is useless against wind resistance units.

Lyrian

When is Barbara dropping? Did we get news on what her stats and TM will be at 6*?

I'm personally in need of a good white mage so I would rather pull for Celine D.

You'll end up with 30 copies of 4* max Justin Bieber instead (with FF4 Edward skillset)...

CCIE

Banned
Chilly,

In a few months Nox may be a viable option on Mac, but since it is in beta there are things to note. Most importantly, the macro function isn't there in this version, so you would have to do it by hand. Second, the performance isn't where I'd want it to be yet. And my work laptop is pretty screaming fast.

So, maybe in the future. It just isn't there yet

tumblr_n094hfZ8Fx1qfap4co1_400.gif

FUCK I forgot about that 540% and the Elemental Barrage...though you must admit entrust is a hell of a fucking utility ability!

Shouta

IMPOSSIBLE

Hmmmm.

Rankings are overall looks at the characters and their usages not whether or not one does better than another in certain roles. COD has more uses because she can buff, debuff, and attack but that doesn't mean she's stronger than someone lower than her in the rankings as a physical attacker.

Equipment is important but the additional modifiers on skills are equally, if not more, important than equipment. To use Bartz vs CoD as an example, Bartz' most powerful attack is 540% where COD's is 320%. That's huge and if you can close the attack gap with proper gear, he'll out damage her on an attack to attack basis.

With the current JP equipment available, Bartz can equip several armor pieces with significant amounts of attack like the Empire Helm and the Demon's Mail. He also can equip great swords meaning he can take advantage of one of the most powerful weapons available right now, the Sword of Loto. If you have Great Sword Mastery and Double-Handed or Dual-Wield, that's huge even when compared to a COD with say a Rising Sun or other TM weapon.

Rankings are overall looks at the characters and their usages not whether or not one does better than another in certain roles. COD has more uses because she can buff, debuff, and attack but that doesn't mean she's stronger than someone lower than her in the rankings as a physical attacker.

Equipment is important but the additional modifiers on skills are equally, if not more, important than equipment. To use Bartz vs CoD as an example, Bartz' most powerful attack is 540% where COD's is 320%. That's huge and if you can close the attack gap with proper gear, he'll out damage her on an attack to attack basis.

With the current JP equipment available, Bartz can equip several armor pieces with significant amounts of attack like the Empire Helm and the Demon's Mail. He also can equip great swords meaning he can take advantage of one of the most powerful weapons available right now, the Sword of Loto. If you have Great Sword Mastery and Double-Handed or Dual-Wield, that's huge even when compared to a COD with say a Rising Sun or other TM weapon.

Hmmm.

Bartz also gains a good number of passives that even out his stats and of course his TM is a godsend.

Chilly,

In a few months Nox may be a viable option on Mac, but since it is in beta there are things to note. Most importantly, the macro function isn't there in this version, so you would have to do it by hand. Second, the performance isn't where I'd want it to be yet. And my work laptop is pretty screaming fast.

So, maybe in the future. It just isn't there yet

Damn those worthless PC developers!

Rain
Fina
Lasswell
Leo
Warrior of light
Cloud of Darkness
Kefka
Artemios
Duane
Cecil
Miyuki
Zidane

Replace Leo with Art for the extra barrage damage and cheer synergy.

Shouta

Bartz is only a walking HP/MP refiller. Nothing more.

Gale Slash is an hybrid skill LMAO

That's why it's set to 540% instead of a 400%. Gale Barrage is 400% and physical only anyway so he still has a better attack and gear options than CoD.

I should look and see if the JPs have any info on hybrid skill distribution between Attack and M.attack. Depending on ratio, it changes significantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom