• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to agree with you on that.

I think what the problem is on FFBE Reddit is that there is too much precognition about FFBE JP. As a result, proclamations are being made about content that is probably half a year away or more, with the loudest voices drumming up a bandwagon about only behaving in a manner that is consistent with the state of where JP is currently.

Interestingly, in the last 24-48 hours, the loudest voices have started formalizing guidelines into principles explaining their "superior" mindset and logic.

-- Principle 1: Only main protagonists and antagonists will receive 6* upgrades.
-- Principle 2: A unit must have a 6* upgrade, existing or known to be upcoming, to be classified as "future proof".
-- Principle 3: If a unit is not "future proof", by definition of Principle 2", then it is worthless and you should never ever draw for that unit, nor invest resources into that unit.
-- Principle 4: Should two competing units pass the first three principles, the unit with a superior native skill set should be accepted. Discard the second unit, as no one should ever invest resources in a unit that has a superior counterpart.
-- Principle 5: If you made it this far with a unit's analysis, and are still unsure, it is trash because it has not clearly defined itself as the utmost superior unit of its archetype well enough and is therefore unacceptable.

For example, analyzing the next banner:

Units: Celes, Leo, Locke, Terra.

Analysis:

Celes: 6* in JP? No. Main antagonist/protagonist? No. Therefore, complete trash per Principle 3.

Leo: 6* in JP? No. Main antagonist/protagonist? No. Therefore, complete trash per Principle 3. (Even if it did pass these checks, WoL exists, so therefore trash per Principle 4).

Locke: 6* in JP? No. Main antagonist/protagonist? No. Therefore, complete trash per Principle 3.

Terra: 6* in JP? Yes (pending). Main antagonist/protagonist? Yes. Reddit's analysis: Unsure if 6* is trash or not yet, because a determination on Principle 4 cannot be judged as of yet. Surely, global will receive another rate-up banner with her when the 6* awakening arrives. Thus, Principle 5 holds currently, and therefore Terra is currently judged to be trash.

Therefore, as all units are trash, the banner is trash, and do not pull on it ever.

/facepalm

I certainly hope you decide to write a dissertation about all of this in the end.

I feel like I have higher chance of drawing the antagonists.

So far, I already have every FF villains in the game except Golbez.

Totally the opposite of my expectation for my dream FF party. :(

ExVicis

I feel like I have higher chance of drawing the antagonists.

So far, I already have every FF villains in the game except Golbez.

Totally the opposite of my expectation for my dream FF party. :(
I'm getting all my favorite characters...but most of them happen to also be Antagonists. Golbez is probably one of my favorite pulls. Real shame Kain is really only good for the TM.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I'm going to agree with you on that.

You're putting too much into what another person thinks. I know exactly the few you are referring to, and it is basically an echo box, repeating the same info. "If it's not the 1%, it's not worth it". It's why they had the blow up over the Zid banner 2 weeks ago(When they were all saying you need to roll for this banner) and while they are already saying this one is shit. The concept of a solid upgrade does not exist. Nor does rational use of resources. It's very all or nothing.

But it is also another forum with a completely different mentality and mindset then yours. Let them do as they please.

For what it is worth, my opinion on the individual doing unit analysis is him being a complete idiot who clearly has his basis on what he is looking for. It's also someone who sat and whined about Gumi fucking him over. Typically, I would highly advise anyone to never listen to the type that talks about the game developer fucking them over, while still actively playing. It seems paradoxical to me.

Broseybrose

Is Garland considered worth powering up from 3*?

Yesterday I pulled Garland, Leo, Zidane, and Vivi, but they were all 3*. The only one Im not sure on is Garland.

Lyrian

I certainly hope you decide to write a dissertation about all of this in the end.

One day, if the opportunity ever presents itself, I can say that there is plenty of source material to write one. King Mog knows at this point that I have probably typed at least half a thesis's worth of word count into this thread already, lol. Some of the positions that are trying to be advanced on Reddit towards various strategies on in-game behavior range from borderline lunacy to outright masochism. What ever makes them happy, I suppose. Still, I can't say that I don't enjoy the schadenfreude from watching train wrecks that occur from posters using mental gymnastics to try to validate their awkward positions.

The next great train wreck that will happen on Thursday?

Sneak Preview: According to Reddit Logic, the fair value of a Trust Moogle should be no more than 200 energy. Hate to break it to them, but they are off by at least an order of magnitude on that calculation. Still, expect riots to occur because they fail to price in the premium of a guaranteed on-demand item over standard random chance (and in gachas, that premium is often very, very high).

For the JP players, what are your experiences in now much energy it would take to farm the currency needed to buy a trust moogle?

Yesterday I pulled Garland, Leo, Zidane, and Vivi, but they were all 3*. The only one Im not sure on is Garland.

Garland seems to be a pretty good power house unit. Seems like if you have Chizuru and/or Barts and don't want anymore power houses then it's not in the mean time. I don't know if he is awesome at 6*

Broseybrose

Leo and Zidane for TM Vivi for nothing and yes Garland will rock shit at 6*
Garland seems to be a pretty good power house unit. Seems like if you have Chizuru and/or Barts and don't want anymore power houses then it's not in the mean time. I don't know if he is awesome at 6*

Thank you!

I was excited about Leo because Im sorely lacking tanks. But TM is good too.

The only powerhouse attacker I have is Artemios so Im glad Garland is considered worth the effort. Plus he is the first boss from FF1. I was probably going to max him out of pure respect!

Lyrian

You're putting too much into what another person thinks. I know exactly the few you are referring to, and it is basically an echo box, repeating the same info. "If it's not the 1%, it's not worth it". It's why they had the blow up over the Zid banner 2 weeks ago(When they were all saying you need to roll for this banner) and while they are already saying this one is shit. The concept of a solid upgrade does not exist. Nor does rational use of resources. It's very all or nothing.

But it is also another forum with a completely different mentality and mindset then yours. Let them do as they please.

For what it is worth, my opinion on the individual doing unit analysis is him being a complete idiot who clearly has his basis on what he is looking for. It's also someone who sat and whined about Gumi fucking him over. Typically, I would highly advise anyone to never listen to the type that talks about the game developer fucking them over, while still actively playing. It seems paradoxical to me.

And they will do what they please, because they can. The anti-Gumi mentality is quite strong there. But, the same can be said for any gacha really. It's gambling. The house is always going to win in the long run and is generally rigged against the player. Yet, many expect the game to be fair or even in their favor for being a paying customer. And for the most part, gacha games in generally fair to a F2P, despite the clear advantage given to paying players.

I feel bad for the people that actually try to post positive messages on the board. But, they get slammed so hard by the community, that it is often painful to even read. I guess the result is an echo box, because that's all that is left once all the rational people have been driven away from a community.

Shouta

Hopefully it counted!

It should. In cases like these, it usually just puts you right before you killed the boss so you can bop him again for the win.

For the JP players, what are your experiences in now much energy it would take to farm the currency needed to buy a trust moogle?

Highly depends. If you're willing to spend tickets or Lapis to get a unit that increases the amount of currency you get per run, it's pretty fast but if you don't, it'll take more. It'll also depend on whether or not the special enemy that drops a lot of currency appears in your run as well.

Trust Moogles are usually 30,000 currency or so during an event. The highest tier of a run drops 300-500 of a currency though it varies widlly. So assuming it's 13 EN per run, that's about 975 EN for 30,000 if you're always getting 400 currency per run.

The top unit of the batch usually gives 100% of a currency and the other units like 75% or 50% more. These stack so if you went into a map with 1 unit that gave 100% and 5 that gave 50%, you'd get 350% of the base currency as a bonus at the end of the run. So you get 400+1450 or 1850 for a single run. That reduces the amount of EN used to farm it but you're spending Summon Tickets or Lapis to get those units (plus a friend).

Trust Moogles aren't the only thing you can get these either. You can usually get up to 9 summon tickets during an event. 3 at 1000 each, 3 at 3000 each, 3 at 6000 each as I recall. Then there's the unique gear and materia, etc. 6-star mats, Gigantaurs, Star Quartz, and Scream Root are available too.

Malakhov

Banned

Yes, Garland hits like a truck at lvl 80 with double hand and the enhancer. When Lenna casts cheer and I have my WoL do a full break, he hits in the 10ks. And when he will get his 6*, he will be even better.

wilstreak

Like i said, the TM that you must need MORE THAN ONE in my opinion are:

Dual Wield
Excalibur
Maximilian
Aegis Shield
Ribbon
MAG+30%
HP+30%

The rest of the TMs with only one you are good. Now that we got a FFVI event, dont use your moogles on them.

Rising sun (locke) is the best weapon for CoD, but its so niche
Minerva Bustier (Celes) is a nice armor, but only female and so niche too
Ultima (Terra) is the real deal in magic, but again, this event might give you the chance to get multiple Terras and grind her TM so fast.
Aegis Shield (Leo) is mandatory for tanks, but again, same case as terra.

Dont waste moogles on shantotto too (MAG+30%) she is very common draw and you should get 5 of her very easily with the time.

If you want to power up your attackers: Focus on Cecil and Zidane's TM

If you want to power up your Tank: Focus on Vaan and Amarant TM

If you want to power up your mage: Focus on Kefka and Shantotto TM

LOL
Currently i am farming
Blade Mastery (Chizuru), Gungnir (Kain), Mag +30% (Shantoto), Ultima (Terra), and Doublehand (Bartz).

After reading this, i just realized how stupid my decision. So gonna switch Kain with Kefka.

Between Doublehand/Blade Mastery Vs Minerva Bustier/Aegis Shield, which one is better for the long term?
I also have 2 remaining Kefka, not sure though about having more than 1 ribbon.

My chizuru is on fire. Got 0.6% in 7 battles. Kinda wanna test my luck by pulling lol.

200_s.gif

LOL
Currently i am farming
Blade Mastery (Chizuru), Gungnir (Kain), Mag +30% (Shantoto), Ultima (Terra), and Doublehand (Bartz).

After reading this, i just realized how stupid my decision. So gonna switch Kain with Kefka.

Between Doublehand Vs Minerva Bustier/Aegis Shield, which one is better for the long term?

Aegis for your tank and Minerva for your Lightning :)

Lyrian

So for Kefka, I'm seeing essentally: Improved Ultima, Improved Hyperdrive, and Improved Full Break?

Terra -- That's wierd. She went full White Mage with her 6* abilities outside of Flare? I sure hope whatever Esper/Trance mode at level 100 makes up for that. Self +50% MAG for 3 turns really doesn't make up for the almost complete lack of black mage abilities.

Heng

Okay, my Lightning deserve great armor
so
Celes, Leo, Shantoto, Kefka, Terra

Is it worth it in the long term?
tbh, not sure about Ultima anymore since Kefka 6* has same ability as Ultima (280% ignore 25% SPR)
The only benefit I see that Ultima has over that new spell Kefka gains is that Ultima can be cast twice with dual cast and the other cannot since it's considered an ability. Still Ultima will rely on having dual cast to edge out the new ability.

Oh and not that 5 MP matters but Ultima cost 60 MP to cast and the other takes 65.

So for Kefka, I'm seeing essentally: Improved Ultima, Improved Hyperdrive, and Improved Full Break?

Terra -- That's wierd. She went full White Mage with her 6* abilities outside of Flare? I sure hope whatever Esper/Trance mode at level 100 makes up for that. Self +50% MAG for 3 turns really doesn't make up for the almost complete lack of black mage abilities.

Yeah they fucked her over with giving Trance Terra all the fun. I mean no Curaja? Dispelga? lol

Kefka is still a tier below at least The Emperor or Ex-Death but still, he turned out to be pretty damn well upgraded.

Lyrian

Highly depends. If you're willing to spend tickets or Lapis to get a unit that increases the amount of currency you get per run, it's pretty fast but if you don't, it'll take more. It'll also depend on whether or not the special enemy that drops a lot of currency appears in your run as well.

Trust Moogles are usually 30,000 currency or so during an event. The highest tier of a run drops 300-500 of a currency though it varies widlly. So assuming it's 13 EN per run, that's about 975 EN for 30,000 if you're always getting 400 currency per run.

The top unit of the batch usually gives 100% of a currency and the other units like 75% or 50% more. These stack so if you went into a map with 1 unit that gave 100% and 5 that gave 50%, you'd get 350% of the base currency as a bonus at the end of the run. So you get 400+1450 or 1850 for a single run. That reduces the amount of EN used to farm it but you're spending Summon Tickets or Lapis to get those units (plus a friend).

Trust Moogles aren't the only thing you can get these either. You can usually get up to 9 summon tickets during an event. 3 at 1000 each, 3 at 3000 each, 3 at 6000 each as I recall. Then there's the unique gear and materia, etc. 6-star mats, Gigantaurs, Star Quartz, and Scream Root are available too.

Thanks for the insight, much appreciated.

It seems that this event might be some sort of unique global twist where we have to craft the event currency as a weird hybrid of the past 2 events and JP's currency events. I guess we will have to see on Thursday how the conversation rates apply going from the JP server over to the GL server.

Lyrian

Yeah they fucked her over with giving Trance Terra all the fun. I mean no Curaja? Dispelga? lol

Kefka is still a tier below at least The Emperor or Ex-Death but still, he turned out to be pretty damn well upgraded.

The only issue that I can see are those improved spells/abilities costing far too much MP. Hyperdrive really can't be sustained well at 35 MP/cast. Bumping up to 60 and 65 MP per cast is rather brutal. He only gets 45 more base MP going from 5* to 6*, so that really doesn't help much. People don't really stack +MP materia on JP, do they?

Shouta

LOL
Currently i am farming

Between Doublehand/Blade Mastery Vs Minerva Bustier/Aegis Shield, which one is better for the long term?

Gungnir is a better choice to get for now than Kefka's ribbon, IMO. The spear will remain very strong until they introduce some of the better and harder to get Trial weapons. Even then, it'll be a good off-hand weapon for characters that can use it and you'll avoid a situation where you don't have enough powerful weapons to gear up multiple phys attackers.

The ribbon itself is very powerful but status ailments aren't gonna be a huge issue until later. Even when it becomes an issue, it's only a few ailments in any given battle and there will be other gear to deal with it. There will be characters that help you resist it too like Minfilia, Aileen, etc. Most of the best healers also have an AOE Esuna to boot.

Very interesting!

They fucked Terra on over lol

Kefka looks interesting...

Normal Terra in her Release mode has Dualcast + Meteor. That's 250% -25% Mind ignore x2. If Chaos Wave is a spell, then she has a skill that's basically 360% power because of that -50% Mind Ignore or so. She's basically Exdeath for a few turns if necessary but with more White Mage power.

Dusky

So my luck farming hero rings has just grinded to a halt after several runs of absolutely nothing.

Think I'm just going to level my Leo and Vaan today...

Lyrian

Um... yeah.....

About that Trance Terra...

Wow at the finishing combo of hers:

-- Self +80% MAG/SPR Buff

-- Ability: If Self buff is used on the previous turn, then AoE nuke 360%, with 50% SPR ignore, in a 10 hit combo.

Oh... and learns Holy and Ultima natively (with dualcast black magic), just for kicks as well.

Why is ribbon so mis-hyped? Theres characters with AoE Esuna and a lot of characters with esuna. Ribbon should not be primary TMR concern rn

I love some ppl talking like they know this game inside and out only for Shouta and others to swoop in and show how it's not that way at all (i'll admit, I've goofed on seeing into the future as well)

Shouta

Collected my 30% Attack from Gilgamesh. My Tidus now has 789 attack when he's fully decked out. Now I want to try and break 800!

Dragner

Trance Terra is rolf OP. Terra and Kefka 6* are good. Not great. Kefka seems a must for mage team as mage support. Terra needs some TMs to work but her 100 skill seema broken and worthy enough. Flare is good and arise is also good.

Rootbeer

Banned
And today's half price pull is........

Rydia.

Mine was Kuja. Decided to use a summon ticket immediately after and got Sabin. The luck is not really with me during this banner. Next banner looks like a skip too, as I already have a 5* Celes I'm working on maxing out already. I want zidane... gah. I don't even care if he's not top tier, I want him for that stealing rate up.

I dunno. I'd like to get a Terra, Leo or Locke but none are that addative to my team right now apart from wanting to collect all the FF6 characters. I'll probably do some 250 lapis pulls and not much else till the next one.

Maledict

I think the Japanese info to be honest is really toxic to the game. People are talking and discussing and planning around things that are at least 6 months away, and it spoils the fun of the game we currently have. Heck, we haven't had a single 6* unit in global yet people on Reddit are stressing over who is next to get a 6* upgrade - as if we would see that upgrade anytime this year!

Rootbeer

Banned
So, half off pull got me my first Shadow...
If nothing else he's cool to have if you like FF6, that's how I look at him. :)

It's a shame this game has him so underpowered. I wonder what a 5* or 6* version of him would be like. He deserves a significant boost.

I feel the same way about Sabin as I loved using him in FF6. Edgar is actually pretty decent in FFBE though. And at least Cyan has a paralyze attack, which makes him useful.

KeRaSh

Best place to farm Ice Megacrysts? I'm currently sticking to Kolobos Marsh since that is the only map that is not confusing as fuck to get to all the material nodes and it's still cheaper than Maranda Coast.

Rootbeer

Banned
Still looking for more friends... had to remove even more people who haven't been on for over a month today. Help me get a full list :D

n8Ip60Fl.png

Dusky

Mine was Kuja. Decided to use a summon ticket immediately after and got Sabin. The luck is not really with me during this banner. Next banner looks like a skip too, as I already have a 5* Celes I'm working on maxing out already. I want zidane... gah. I don't even care if he's not top tier, I want him for that stealing rate up.

I dunno. I'd like to get a Terra, Leo or Locke but none are that addative to my team right now apart from wanting to collect all the FF6 characters. I'll probably do some 250 lapis pulls and not much else till the next one.

I managed to grab Kuja yesterday...again.

Not sure I'll invest a lot either in the next banner. Maybe a couple of half pulls, all I really need is a Celes and maybe an extra Leo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom