• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the Japanese info to be honest is really toxic to the game. People are talking and discussing and planning around things that are at least 6 months away, and it spoils the fun of the game we currently have. Heck, we haven't had a single 6* unit in global yet people on Reddit are stressing over who is next to get a 6* upgrade - as if we would see that upgrade anytime this year!
This is why I really hope Gumi comes through by making the 6* order random as hell.

If we know the path, they are kind of fucking themselves a bit bc the hardcore tell the casuals what to expect and then that ends up being less revenue bc no one is challenged enough to draw frequently.

Valentus

Trance Terra is insane. W-Magic, Holy, Ultima. A spell that are basically a Barfira/Barblizzara/Barthundara at once, +60% MAG...

Trance Terra is the most powerful black mage right now.

Normal Terra becomes a fully support character with arise and AoE Esuna and Dispelga... Lerns flare and her trance form basically gives her W-Magic for 3 turns.... Not what i expected but not bad at all.

Kefka.... well... If Dual Wield can dualcast the overpowered hyperdrive and the 380% AoE Magic skill... he can be a very heavy damage dealer.

And only +50% magic damage vs humans... well, following FFVI lore, makes sense.

Malakhov

Banned
Any of you have bartz with dual wield? I will begin my TMs and wondering what to start with.

Thinking doing tellah for mp 30%, kain for gungnir, exdeath for holy, shantotto for magic 30% and zidane for dual wield. I'd do Luna for barrage but garland can't equip abilities yet or bartz for dual hand but dual wield is probably better for bartz? I don't think my WoL needs any of these.

Any of you have bartz with dual wield? I will begin my TMs and wondering what to start with.

Thinking doing tellah for mp 30%, kain for gungnir, exdeath for holy, shantotto for magic 30% and zidane for dual wield. I'd do Luna for barrage but garland can't equip abilities yet or bartz for dual hand but dual wield is probably better for bartz? I don't think my WoL needs any of these.
U should switch tellah or exdeath for bartz imo. Mp 30% isn't super important considering osmose from ramuh and some characters with mp refreshing abilities down the road. Also, holy isn't all that impressive. Unless u got 2-3 zidanes, doublehand is still a very damn good TM to obtain

Valentus

This list is nuts! What u NEED to do is put the whale disclaimer there bc u don't NEED 2 of each of these. That's just simply not true

And you could finish the game with only rain lasswell fina lid and a Fran if you want.

There's no whaling in the things i said, most people here are getting 2+ zidanes, and in the next event if they pull, unless gumi do some scam again (i hope not) they will have a bunch of leos without pulling.

We are talking here about OPTIMAL EQUIPMENT. Yes, TMs are irrelevant, but you will cry blood for past them. If the people are asking which TM should prioritize, why tell them "get all the gungnirs you can!!!" That would be tell people to spend their fucking time in nothing.

And the thing is, TM farming is optimal NOW because there no fucking events that require fight the boss again and again and again for currency for king mog / level up on ranking for prizes. There you wont have NRG for the events and TM farming at the same time.

For me, i will save all the trust moogles i can get in all the events for Raijin Scroll, because i can see there's no way in hell i can grind my orlandu and do events at the same time.

Yes, TM are not mandatory, as well as your ExDeath/Chizuru/WoL that one spend 5 hours rerolling to get the perfect summon. But THE POINT OF CONVERSATION HERE IS TM PRIORITY. I only give my point of view. Shouta have another point of view and is equal (or even more for the time playing the game) respectable.

DISCLAIMER: This is filthy whale talk only. Players without whaling powers do not read.

I saw once a bartz with excalibur and doublehanded and 2 hyper wrist with about 400atk.

Dual Wield is more versatile than doublehanded, because doublehanded depends totally of the equip you put on your character, while dual wield, even if you equip with free weapons, you get a considerable upgrade in damage.

Now if you only have bartz for TM, obviously is a very good TM (a gamechanger if you dont have much more to choose), but if you have a zidane and a bartz, and want to grind TM, give priority to Zidane.

Malakhov

Banned
U should switch tellah or exdeath for bartz imo. Mp 30% isn't super important considering osmose from ramuh and some characters with mp refreshing abilities down the road. Also, holy isn't all that impressive. Unless u got 2-3 zidanes, doublehand is still a very damn good TM to obtain

I will do doublehand and barrage I guess, even though I have no characters that needs it for now. Thanks!

Valentus

So Setzer and Gau are 2 units focused purely on RNG. Should be very fun units to use.

And Setzer's TM can give you at some point better results than dual-wield 2 Excaliburs. Interesting...

Speaking to Valentus- yea this is TM szn in GL I get it I understand that. The issue I had was that u stated u need these xxx TM's which is disingenous to the game at the moment and for future content. Obviously for trials u want to shoot for the best TM like duel wield but to expect someone to get 2 cecils and 2 vaans is whaling. Their rates even at 3* are still incredibly small.

Duel wield will be an invaluable tool but u don't need 2 excaliburs to clear the trials, you're speaking as if there won't be other TMR's or weapons obtainable in-game that can help boost your ATK considerably.

The person asked what TMR to get out of the ones he had by using trust moogles and then u listed 2 of each and some others so I just felt like I had to chime in bc that's only necessary for a perfectionist imo

Azuran

Banned
And you could finish the game with only rain lasswell fina lid and a Fran if you want.

There's no whaling in the things i said, most people here are getting 2+ zidanes, and in the next event if they pull, unless gumi do some scam again (i hope not) they will have a bunch of leos without pulling.

We are talking here about OPTIMAL EQUIPMENT. Yes, TMs are irrelevant, but you will cry blood for past them. If the people are asking which TM should prioritize, why tell them "get all the gungnirs you can!!!" That would be tell people to spend their fucking time in nothing.

And the thing is, TM farming is optimal NOW because there no fucking events that require fight the boss again and again and again for currency for king mog / level up on ranking for prizes. There you wont have NRG for the events and TM farming at the same time.

For me, i will save all the trust moogles i can get in all the events for Raijin Scroll, because i can see there's no way in hell i can grind my orlandu and do events at the same time.

Yes, TM are not mandatory, as well as your ExDeath/Chizuru/WoL that one spend 5 hours rerolling to get the perfect summon. But THE POINT OF CONVERSATION HERE IS TM PRIORITY. I only give my point of view. Shouta have another point of view and is equal (or even more for the time playing the game) respectable.

DISCLAIMER: This is filthy whale talk only. Players without whaling powers do not read.

I saw once a bartz with excalibur and doublehanded and 2 hyper wrist with about 400atk.

Dual Wield is more versatile than doublehanded, because doublehanded depends totally of the equip you put on your character, while dual wield, even if you equip with free weapons, you get a considerable upgrade in damage.

Now if you only have bartz for TM, obviously is a very good TM (a gamechanger if you dont have much more to choose), but if you have a zidane and a bartz, and want to grind TM, give priority to Zidane.

I thought I was on Reddit for a sec there

H3xum

So it seems like TM is hype, but, what about lvl'ing Espers?

At this point in the game, I have "everyone" 4 or 5* maxed, I have completed the Coliseum and all 3 of the trials without breaking a sweat and 50+ Sacred/Holy crystals for future pulls. I also have around 6k Lapis.

Right now I am TM grinding, but, I only have 1 Esper (Ifrit) who is 2*. The rest are around level 10-15.

Should I stop the TM grind and get everyone up to 2* at least or is it negligible since I don't have any content that can seemingly stop me right now

Valentus

I thought I was on Reddit for a sec there

without the ffbe subreddit theres much mechanics of the game we will not able to understand.

Speaking to Valentus- yea this is TM szn in GL I get it I understand that. The issue I had was that u stated u need these xxx TM's which is disingenous to the game at the moment and for future content. Obviously for trials u want to shoot for the best TM like duel wield but to expect someone to get 2 cecils and 2 vaans is whaling. Their rates even at 3* are still incredibly small.

Duel wield will be an invaluable tool but u don't need 2 excaliburs to clear the trials, you're speaking as if there won't be other TMR's or weapons obtainable in-game that can help boost your ATK considerably.

The person asked what TMR to get out of the ones he had by using trust moogles and then u listed 2 of each and some others so I just felt like I had to chime in bc that's only necessary for a perfectionist imo

And still theres people here that have 3 zidanes which normal rate can be even lower than a cecil and Vaan. More than Neogaf this is NeoWhale lol.

Eventually everyone will have access to 2 or more copies of each of the starter units. The point i was talking was which one is worth grinding alone from 0 to 100, and which ones are better to grind in group and then fuse all to speed up the TM grinding, because there are TMS that you will use only once and for one character.

So it seems like TM is hype, but, what about lvl'ing Espers?

At this point in the game, I have "everyone" 4 or 5* maxed, I have completed the Coliseum and all 3 of the trials without breaking a sweat and 50+ Sacred/Holy crystals for future pulls. I also have around 6k Lapis.

Right now I am TM grinding, but, I only have 1 Esper (Ifrit) who is 2*. The rest are around level 10-15.

Should I stop the TM grind and get everyone up to 2* at least or is it negligible since I don't have any content that can seemingly stop me right now
Ifrit was the one u would want for its killers and Ramuh to 2* for osmose. Golem is good for provoke or whatever and some other shtuff but tanks are in shit demand atm.

Megacites will come sporadically from here on out so I would do TM farming bc events haven't picked up yet

You guys are right earlier

Because JP keeps setting the damn stage Units like Amarant dont truly get their time to shine

His abilities look fun as hell but everyone is already looking at building JP level teams and setups

Im not sure Ill use him but we will see. My FF6 teams is going to be my for fun roleplaying/story team

Im still figuring out a good team for everything else and whatever really hard content comes forward.

Im really lacking in the damage department still :/. I kind of need a more standard Barrage unit. Bartz is underrated and I cant really farm Barrage since Ive never pulled a Luna

My daily pulls have netted me:
1 vivi (boo)
Amarant
Terra
Locke
Bartz
Kuja (dupe)
All 3*, as is tradition.

So I guess I won't need to pull much on the next banner lol.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
In the end, if you are TM farming. It doesn't really matter who you put the Trust Moogles into. You already have your rotation. All that happens is simply one character gets out 10% quicker and replaced with another. So it's a completely redundant point.

The only change is, is there one TM you want to get 5%, 10% faster? So don't over think it, you'll know when crunch time comes.

Looking at the upcoming banner, it's still a very solid banner to pull on. Rankings for Kefka and Terra are out at 92 and 93 on Atma. Basically indicating that even though they aren't as high as expected. They'll still be great to use if you don't have one of the top tier characters or upcoming ones.

In the end, if you are TM farming. It doesn't really matter who you put the Trust Moogles into. You already have your rotation. All that happens is simply one character gets out 10% quicker and replaced with another. So it's a completely redundant point.

The only change is, is there one TM you want to get 5%, 10% faster? So don't over think it, you'll know when crunch time comes.

Ill be saving my trust moogles for the units that hit 90% just so i can instantly slot the next unit in the rotation

Also had my first Nox connection loss last night. Happened almost immediately after i started the script. Not sure what phantom clicks i should add to account for it

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
50% + for Kefka and Bartz.
40% + for Shan and Cecil
15% for Chizzy Chan!

My Bartz is going to be that Hyper Wrist, Double Hand, Exaculibur welding attack.

Reserve your spots now for my awesome Buttz

Razmos

My 5 Luna's are collectively around 80%. Thinking of using the trust Moogles on one of them though and going for 2 Barrages

50% + for Kefka and Bartz.
40% + for Shan and Cecil
15% for Chizzy Chan!

My Bartz is going to be that Hyper Wrist, Double Hand, Exaculibur welding attack.

Reserve your spots now for my awesome Buttz

I really want a Bartz

He is one of the few Barrage users that can use a lot of different weapons

Pejo

Trance Terra is insane. W-Magic, Holy, Ultima. A spell that are basically a Barfira/Barblizzara/Barthundara at once, +60% MAG...

Trance Terra is the most powerful black mage right now.

Normal Terra becomes a fully support character with arise and AoE Esuna and Dispelga... Lerns flare and her trance form basically gives her W-Magic for 3 turns.... Not what i expected but not bad at all.

Kefka.... well... If Dual Wield can dualcast the overpowered hyperdrive and the 380% AoE Magic skill... he can be a very heavy damage dealer.

And only +50% magic damage vs humans... well, following FFVI lore, makes sense.

Thanks for this info. I've been wondering how the trance form worked since it was announced.

To be honest, I really like the way 6* normal Terra's transform works. I hope more characters get character-specific stuff like this in the future.

when farming TM, should I fill the entire team with different units that I want to farm TM for?

or just focus on 1 but have as many of the same unit as I can ?

What character out of these should I farm TM?
I currently have these units and I guess most of their TMs are worth farming for.
Current team that I am TM farming with

Zidan "Dual wield"
Luna " Barrage"
Bartz "double hand"
Locke "rising sun"
Kain " Gungnir" I have 3 kain units extra for him,

I also have
Golbez
Tellah
Lenna
Garland
Hayate
Amarant

Thanks for this info. I've been wondering how the trance form worked since it was announced.

To be honest, I really like the way 6* normal Terra's transform works. I hope more characters get character-specific stuff like this in the future.

yeah what a cool detail and fan service to add

I think thats one of my favorite things about this game

That attention to detail and Fan Service. I smile everytime I pop Leos Ground Shock ability

That animation is HYPE

Cant wait to chase Celes this weekend! I NEED MY GIRL

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Taking a look at Kefka 6*. With a bit of work, he could easily move up a few notches if you equip him with Dualcast. He's not going to be as natural strong as Exdeath, due to inert Dualcast.

But he has a higher base MAG, can equip Robes, and his move set allows him to increase his damage and those around him.

Ideally, I'd like to equip him with Dualcast + 3x 30%MAG. Combine with Hyperdrives natural single target damaging strength being that it ignore 25% SPR and lower base cost than Meteor. He'll be able to hit harder for less.

Good side on Loud laughter is the zero cost. Bad side is that it is a 20% trigger.

I'm interested in being able to test him out ^_^

1/2 price has treated me well so far it seems.

Around 19 pulls and got many dupes but at least they are Shantottos. Kains, Lunas and Russels so I can get TMs I could use. Also pulled a 2nd Vaan and my first CoD today.

Holding off now though because I want Terra.

creid

After all my pondering about Bartz yesterday, I realized that I have the recipe for Hyper Wrist and hadn't used it yet... that should make a difference.

xehanort

I thought Gaf thread had died aince I am not seeung it in Gaming side for quite some time and I was so hapoy that the thread is alive and well. Anyways. I recently used my alt account in favor of the main one since it had "better" pulls

Main: cecil, garland, kefka, bartz, terra and 0 lapis 0 tickets, Rank 48 w/ few tmr 30%

Alt: CoD, Bartz, Zidane, Tellah, lenna w/ 9k lapis and 6 tickets Rank 28 no tmr farming

Did I do the right decision? I am thinking cause terra abd kefka recently had that 6* upgrade. Oh well, good problem to have I think XD

BTW, add my new account, 253 atk Bartz

Intangir goes down! I gave the Enhancer to Rakshasa.
for the lulz?

I am officially just needing to get to INT-S5 on the Colosseum and beat the Frost Dragon and I will have all of it beaten.

*goes to lunch*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom