• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

scarlet

Slow progress on TM. Only got 1-2% in the last few days. Around 13-15% now.

And with the new event I probably wouldn't get my magi stuff until next week.

Valentus

Slow progress on TM. Only got 1-2% in the last few days. Around 13-15% now.

And with the new event I probably wouldn't get my magi stuff until next week.

We will see how is the crafting, but if it is really 10 tickets like JP... its worth to take a break from TM farming.

And my road to Raijin Scroll starts tomorrow.

Mipcgamer

Well first experience with nox wasn't very good, netted me only .2% on my units since it bugged for some reason. Woke up and came to see it was in espers training...

Aw well, will try again tomorrow.

I have a small tip to share.
I had problems with Nox not registering some clicks before, probably due to a skipped frame right as the click goes.

Since then, I minimize Nox's window and never had that problem again. The macro just keeps going (you can even see the clicks on the screen), but, because there are no "skipped frames", they register all the time.

I hope that info helps someone having that problem.

Valentus

10 tickets of or for what?
What's Raijin scroll?

>.<

It looks like you will be able to trade summon tickets in this event... if it is like Japan, normally you can get max 10 tickets... but i assume the grind here will be soulcrushing.

And Raijin Scroll is Orlandu's TM. I will save all the trust moogles gumi will throw at us in various events just for him.

It looks like you will be able to trade summon tickets in this event... if it is like Japan, normally you can get max 10 tickets... but i assume the grind here will be soulcrushing.

And Raijin Scroll is Orlandu's TM. I will save all the trust moogles gumi will throw at us in various events just for him.

Mateus' Mace says hai

Caim

Opened up a lot more space in my friend list because I had no idea how many people were gone for 10+ days.

Lyrian

Busted arse over the shortened banner and finally reached my goal of 120 pure stones, just in time.

Phew!

Today's Pulls:

Vivi (one more step closer to Firaga for Kefka, lol)
Xiao (new, yay!)

Guess I'll have to trip over Garnet and Zidane another day pulling for something else.

Celegus

Pretty amped about the new event... hope it's not too grindy...

Hoping it doesn't eat too many non-event materials like the souls in the gravity rod thing or megacrysts in this most recent one. Do we know if it's just battles or is it an exploration? Hopefully just battles that I can tap out while I'm at work.

Lyrian

Hoping it doesn't eat too many non-event materials like the souls in the gravity rod thing or megacrysts in this most recent one. Do we know if it's just battles or is it an exploration? Hopefully just battles that I can tap out while I'm at work.

Sounds like an exploration to me. We will know in the morning for sure, though.

Lots of event unique items though, at least 4 of them. I'm betting that if all the crafting mats are event unique, then probably one of them is going to be much rarer than the rest.

leehom

Just JPN, I'd be playing too much if I did Global too, lol.

Great, could you tell us which TM's are worth grinding for since the jpn version is ahead of us globals.

I think there was a point you made earlier saying Kefka's ribbon isn't worth it because of party esuana, but truth is we won't get that for awhile yea?

Which got me thinking to which TM's will become obsolete in the future, so no point in grinding them? We have different weapons, armors and spells etc. Any off the top of your head besides ribbon?

Azuran

Banned
Well first experience with nox wasn't very good, netted me only .2% on my units since it bugged for some reason. Woke up and came to see it was in espers training...

Aw well, will try again tomorrow.

Nox is a piece of shit that randomly crashes more often than not and this is coming from someone that has an above average PC that uses at program at its lowest setting.

leehom

Nox is a piece of shit that randomly crashes more often than not and this is coming from someone that has an above average PC that uses at program at its lowest setting.

Hmm, I had minor issues at first, but I've ironed them out. Best advice I can give is to give it a little time between each click, instead of doing consecutive clicks back to back. I notice that it runs a lot smoother this way.

Shouta

Great, could you tell us which TM's are worth grinding for since the jpn version is ahead of us globals.

I think there was a point you made earlier saying Kefka's ribbon isn't worth it because of party esuana, but truth is we won't get that for awhile yea?

Which got me thinking to which TM's will become obsolete in the future, so no point in grinding them? We have different weapons, armors and spells etc. Any off the top of your head besides ribbon?

Most TMs are semi-future proof because of how powerful they are. If you get them now they'll still be useful down the line. The ones that look worthwhile are worthwhile, the ones that look kinda useless are still largely useless though they might have edge case usage.

Kefka's Ribbon is worth it, it's a powerful accessory. If your healer gets hit with silence or paralyze, then you can't heal the party, no? =P The question is whether the Ribbon is worth it over say a weapon like the Gungnir, right now. A weapon brings up the overall firepower potential of your team and, as things get harder in the game, you need to be able to deal the damage necessary to take down foes. Even if you can fully protect yourself from ailments, if you can't kill something then it doesn't matter. Putting it another way, the weapon raises your team's strength in all situations where the ribbon only does so where status ailments actually present an impediment to your progress. Then you have the AOE Esuna, items, innate traits factor, etc. That's why I think it's not as important as a weapon despite it being extremely powerful, IMO.

As for a general Trust Master ranking, Altema has one.

http://altema.jp/ffbe/trust-1465

SSS-SS-S are the order for how good they are. A rank TMs on this list have edge case usages and are nice to have but not a priority to get. Anything Below A isn't worth the effort.

Within that tier, you can decide based on what brings you the most benefit by obtaining.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Hi, I'm new and have no idea what I'm doing. Only picked up that my first vision guy (Tronn) isn't that good and I have to trick my account into a reset?

I'm just past the phantom forest, all three of my people are "max level" (at lvl 30, wtf??) and the battles for MUCH harder after phantom forest.

Any help for a noob?

Shouta

Hi, I'm new and have no idea what I'm doing. Only picked up that my first vision guy (Tronn) isn't that good and I have to trick my account into a reset?

I'm just past the phantom forest, all three of my people are "max level" (at lvl 30, wtf??) and the battles for MUCH harder after phantom forest.

Any help for a noob?

First vision summon is always a low-star unit. Real summon happens after you get access to the gacha and can summon there. Get your first 500 Lapis or tickets and summon with that to see what you get.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
First vision summon is always a low-star unit. Real summon happens after you get access to the gacha and can summon there. Get your first 500 Lapis or tickets and summon with that to see what you get.

I have something like 3000 lapis and just spent 800 on extra material slots?

leehom

Is there any point in the 10+1 summon when we have half priced summons?

I rather spend 2,750 lapis for 11 summons vs 5,000.

Lyrian

Is there any point in the 10+1 summon when we have half priced summons?

I rather spend 2,750 lapis for 11 summons vs 5,000.

You get one guaranteed chance at a 4* base unit, if one is present in the banner. Doesn't mean you will get it, but it will be a better chance than normal for that one bonus pull only.

Shouta

I don't think Half-Price Summons are subject to increased rates but I could be wrong on that, I've never actually bothered checking, lol. HPS also require 11 days to do.

Edit: HPS get the rate boost too in JP. So it's just the time factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom