• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

scarlet

7aS61T8.jpg

Still need to farm for the next 2 batches so I can focus TM farming on weekend.

CCIE

Banned
I still have 2K lapis and a half dozen tickets, so may spend a few tomorrow chasing Locke. Unsure yet. I just spent a good 1200 on recipes and mat slots this morning, which is a little depressing.

But the rewards for September are pretty great. Gumi listens to the Reddit from what I can tell.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Here are my insights as one of the few who don't panic when these are released.

+Depending on how much you want to take out of this, should judge if you want the Rare or Prem. There is no time benefit from the standard thru Prem. It is only for convenience. You will want the rare at least.

My personal thought is if you haven't expanded your slots and want to save some Lapis. You will get far more benefit going with the 400 Lapis and using an additional 600 Lapis to open up 3 more crafting slots. This will net you 12 hours of crafting every 3 hours. Vs 16 hours of crafting every 8.

You'll be netting an additional 28 hours worth of crafting vs 16 every 8 hours this way,

If you don't mind the additional 500 Lapis, go with the Prem, But if you do 6, 3 hours a day at 4 slots a day. You'll end up with about 260k.

+ The Limit Burst pots are not worth it. From my understanding, it only increases it by 100.

It would be better to invest in the MegaCites, Sacred Crystals, Giant Caccur, Star Quartz.

Why? For a single Limit Burst Pot

You can get
100 Giant Cactur
or
100 Megacites

Or a any mix of the two above + 7 to 8 runs worth of Sarced Crystals, Star Quartz, Scream Root, etc.

bonkeng

So guys, what are your order of priority for this event?

I think I'll go like this:

1. 10 tickets
2. Lunar Pestle
3. 15% HP
4. 20% MP
5. Star Quartz
6. Scream Roots
7. LB Pots
8. Stellar Shield
9. Elixir
10. Phoenix Down

I couldn't care less on that Trust Moogle, Nox Power can overcome that.

Edit: Shintoki made a valid point regarding the LB Pots, might forgo it and go for the Megacites.

Coppanuva

1. 10 tickets
2. LB pots
3. Lunar Pestle
4. 15% HP
5. 20% MP
6. Star Quartz
7. Scream Roots
8. Stellar Shield
9. Elixir
10. Phoenix Down

1) Trust Moogle
2) Shield
3) Tickets
4) Pestle

Exdeath could use a shield with + Magic, and I don't think I have a use for the pestle quite yet.

Lyrian

Heh at an 1005 item run out of Miranda. Didn't think that you could get more than 999 items in a run.

As far as materials is concerned, flour is the limiting factor by far. For maximum efficiency, you need to collect 1200 flour (48 drops) per 8 hour premium cycle. Not hard at all, but I can definitely see the potential to be drowning in other mats while trying to scrape up flour later on.

Falk

that puzzling face

1. 10 tickets
2. Lunar Pestle
3. 15% HP
4. 20% MP
5. Star Quartz
6. Scream Roots
7. LB Pots
8. Stellar Shield
9. Elixir
10. Phoenix Down

Edit: Shintoki made a valid point regarding the LB Pots, might forgo it and go for the Megacites.

Pretty much what I'm doing, except Trust Moogle at #1 lol

Lyrian

+ The Limit Burst pots are not worth it. From my understanding, it only increases it by 100.

With all due respect, Rydia strongly disagrees with this statement. She sees the remainder of Limit Level 7 and all of Limit Level 8 in those pots. But, then again, I tend to be a mad scientist ;)

Pots, by far, are fairly low priority, even for me.

scarlet

1. TM
2. 3x pots in case I got Cecil in the future
3. Shield
4. 10x Tickets
5. 150x megacites
6. 100x Gigantuars

So I need 141k mogcakes and it'd take me around 8-9 days of crafting.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
If you're curious. Here is how I would rank it.

1. 10 Tickets -Duh.

2. 10% Trust Moogle - Removes 1000 Runs of ES from you're character.

3. Stellar Shield/Lunar Pestle

4. Megacities (It is only 15k for 150(This is equal to around 75 Phantom Forest runs and since they are colour coded. More like 100 Runs worth of each Esper's colour)

5. Star Quartz/Scream root - It's only 1500 for 10 of each. Screamroot is very rare to get and Star Quartz are limited.

6. 100x Giant Cactur - For 10k, This is equal to about 60-70 Runs of the 15 NRG Cactur Dunes

7. 15% HP/20%MP

Anything else is superfluous.

If you want all of the above. It will be
187,700 Cakes

Assuming 6 times a day with the 540 at 3 Slots, You'll get all of that, + have enough for one Limit Pot in 19 days.

These items I feel are only worth it if you have bonus.

Fine Alycsts - You'll get dozens from grinding the Trophy anyways and you're limited by Screamroot anyways.
Limit Burst Pots - Again, it is only 100+. If you have a rank 3 Cecil, maybe. But even then, sticking him in ES for his TM should get you that alone.
Rabbit's Foot - As stated, it didn't work well for the Rabbit. The only character I see it having use on is a healer since every other class is giving up a Hero Ring spot or better.

1. 10 Tickets -Duh.

4. Megacities (It is only 15k for 150(This is equal to around 75 Phantom Forest runs and since they are colour coded. More like 100 Runs worth of each Esper's colour)

5. Star Quartz/Scream root - It's only 1500 for 10 of each. Screamroot is very rare to get and Star Quartz are limited.

6. 100x Giant Cactur - For 10k, This is equal to about 60-70 Runs of the 15 NRG Cactur Dunes

7. 15% HP/20%MP

187,700 Cakes

Assuming 6 times a day with the 540 at 3 Slots, You'll get all of that, + have enough for one Limit Pot in 19 days.

Excellent list and reasoning

I think this will be my goal as well

1. 10 Tickets -Duh.

7. 15% HP/20%MP

187,700 Cakes

These items I feel are only worth it if you have bonus.

Fine Alycsts - You'll get dozens from grinding the Trophy anyways and you're limited by Screamroot anyways.
Limit Burst Pots - Again, it is only 100+. If you have a rank 3 Cecil, maybe. But even then, sticking him in ES for his TM should get you that alone.

Pretty much what I am going for as well and I will have the 8 hour craft going constantly so 3 times a day so around 17280 a day figure I can get everything with no issues.

Pejo

014,414,382 Max Locke, just opened a few friends slots if anyone needs a Locke.

Just digging in to this event. WHY did it have to be exploration. I can't sit here and farm it while I'm at work. Nuts.

014,414,382 Max Locke, just opened a few friends slots if anyone needs a Locke.

Just digging in to this event. WHY did it have to be exploration. I can't sit here and farm it while I'm at work. Nuts.

Maranda coast

You only need to farm it every so often to get enough to fill your slots

You can do this

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
What should you run?

M. Coast or D.Forge.

There is zero reason not to run these. They have the best drops for MegaCsyts. Needed in Hero Rings, The rank is about 400exp each. You get solid Exp on top of the highest count of mats needed for the Event.

Basically 12 NRG is
+400 Rank Exp
+40k-60k Exp
+Megacites and Cysts.
+Most mats

And no, you don't need a full farm. You can basically go through it at a nice pace. If you only want to farm 4 or 5 times a day. Then you'll want the full go, but otherwise, I feel like a good balance is getting all the points + 8-10 battles. You'll get more needed matts anyways and be able to knock out a lot of future farming. If you farm the two weeks. You should have enough for quite a few Hero Rings + several ranks up + several character levels up + a nice chunk of limit bursts up(ES is too short for it to happen a lot)

If not, full farm it the 4 or 5 times. Then go back to TM farming for 20 hours.

I don't understand why people keep saying Miranda Coast over Dwarf's fortress. Dwarf's is better in every single way except that it doesn't have ice megacryst but it does have fire megacryst. 16 mogcakes per run + more mats is worth it. if you are gonna run it like 50 times over the event those mogcakes add up.

They implemented the gacha changes in JP they mentioned before with rainbow guaranteeing base 5*, yellow base 4*, and blue base *3. They also changed it so outside of the banner units, all units of the same rarity have the same chance of being drawn. So now you're just as likely to pull a Zidane or Bartz as you are trash like Vivi or Lani. They should have changed that a while ago considering how many units the game has at this point, but better late than never I guess.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I don't understand why people keep saying Miranda Coast over Dwarf's fortress. Dwarf's is better in every single way except that it doesn't have ice megacryst but it does have fire megacryst. 16 mogcakes per run + more mats is worth it. if you are gonna run it like 50 times over the event those mogcakes add up.

Well, I need Ice right now. LOL.

Also, the issue will never be mats unless you want to max out your TM farming in this event. The limit is time.

H3xum

The game became less fun with this event.

Even though I was grinding TM before this, it feels more like a grind than ever before. I am now under a time constraint and that makes mindless stuff way more annoying.

Ah well. Opinion, obviously

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
It's the last exploration on the newest island Dirnado.

lol...again, i feel stupid. Was looking on all the Islands for that exploration and didnt find it. Only to realize that the 4.th Island already got released lol. Guess i have to clear that one first.

Iceman829

What do you do with the mogake boxes you craft? They take up inventory spots unlike the regular mogcakes found. Is there a way to open them to add the cakes to my inventory?

I am doing both will do Miranda to get my required megacrysts for Hero Ring then move to Dwarf's Fortress.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
So I decided to use my remaining 5 tickets. OMG OMG OMG

Lani!

Rydia!

Edgar!

Clyne!

Zidane!!!

I'm so excited. I just can't hide. I know, I know, I want you, baby I want you. Now I just have to survive with 10k Lapis :p

So in my 9 pulls today. I got Garland, Zid, and another Shanotto. Today was a good day. -_-

This makes it pretty easy on me going forward. Having one Dualwield now. I can do Bartz with Dual on Exaculibur and Gungair. Move his Doublehand and Blade Mastery to Chizzy Chan(Till I get another Katana.) Or even put in Garland to replace Chizzy or Bartz.

The game became less fun with this event.

Even though I was grinding TM before this, it feels more like a grind than ever before. I am now under a time constraint and that makes mindless stuff way more annoying.

Ah well. Opinion, obviously
They probably made it more grindy to balance the fact that global got these type of events before JP did. Farming events usually just have you spamming a single stage multiple times for a few minutes. It's still boring and mindless, but it's not time consuming at least.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Technically you can get the materials from the regular dungeons, they're just not as plentiful. For example, one of the regular stages in the Dwarf's Forge is 11 NRG and will net you between 10-30 of each Mogcake material. Better than nothing.

Not time consuming? I've been grinding since 7 am...and it's now almost 11 am.
I meant how the events usually go, not this one. Doing the FFVI event takes me 4 mins at the most to drain my stamina all the way down and there's no crafting requirements or anything to worry about.

Iceman829

You can sell it.

Thanks!

I also decided to buy the premium bundle so I can craft cakes overnight and not have to babysit the crafting station if I'm busy at work. I want that mace for my CoD after that I'll focus on picking up the tickets and anything else I can grab

CCIE

Banned
This event is BY FAR the best one. I now have zero reason to run PF after purchasing megacrysts so it is all the coast and forge for me. I'm not having a lot of luck with fire megacrysts in the forge so may just concentrate on the coast instead.

I need to pull a decent unit soon because I have so many gigantaurs in inventory. Hopefully I can get one tomorrow with a 1/2 pull or a couple of tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom